April 2020 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight: Pregnancy Books

Continuing with some "Non-Registry" products for this week!

Each week we'll spotlight a new category of product. Feel free to comment on threads like these throughout your time at the board, not just when they're in their week in the spotlight, if you discover something new OR are new to the board. This week it's.... Pregnancy Books!

FTMs are encouraged to ask questions & STM/+s encouraged to share their knowledge based on experience. You can use any or all the prompts relevant to you below to share info in an easy-to-read format. Pictures/screen grabs, if put in spoilers, are welcome!

For all... 
  • What book/s on pregnancy/motherhood/maternity/parenting do you own/have you read?
  • What about that the book/s drew you to it/them?
  • What would you like to share about those you've read/started to read?
  • Any books on your radar that you don't own yet that you're hoping to get your hands on? Why?
For STM/STM+...  
  • Is there ONE pregnancy/motherhood/maternity/parenting book you'd recommend---if so, which? 
  • Any books you recommend avoiding/why?
To  view the upcoming PSS schedule, see here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j7iBv8rbDsTBMXAK7R3NWhG-619XNbpdNza2uci0iYs/edit#gid=0!
Next up: Skincare Routine.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Product Spotlight: Pregnancy Books

• Options
    I may be in the minority, but I never read any pregnancy books. Just used pregnancy apps and Google for the most part. I did take a childbirth class once it got closer to help with that aspect.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hi @Kathryn0903 I created a group to discuss this a week or so ago. https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12745888/recommended-pregnancy-books#latest
    I didn't know about product spotlights then. Seems expecting better is the most popular book. I ordered a copy for myself. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I loved “Mama Natural”— easy to read, great tips and the best part: helped me go the natural birth route (had a birth plan and everything). I read “What to Expect” also, but didn’t find it as helpful or relevant— and a bit dated. 

Another great book book on parenting in general (including some pregnancy info!) is “Beyond the Sling” on attachment parenting. It’s like my “bible”/ sanity check when our gentle parenting approach is hard (which it often is!). Love Mayim. ❤️