December 2019 Moms

Re: Weekly Randoms 8/12

• I want to go on a game show. Card Sharks, 100,000 pyramid, wheel of fortune
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • @mecoats me too!  I've been trying to get on Wheel of Fortune for years!  And recently tried to get my family to audition for Family Feud with me...no one got on board 😆
  • Loading the player...
  • My weekly random is that I'm back from vacation and can finally get on here again! The last two weeks we only had our cells with us, and for most of the trip we didn't have wifi OR cell service. (Though it's nearly impossible for me to post on here using the app, since my phone is so old and it takes FOREVER to type any responses out...not sure why the app doesn't mesh with my phone at all!)

I'll be lurking around, catching up on what I missed since I've been gone, lol... :) I hope everything has been well with you mommas!
  • My husband will be lucky if I don’t kill him when he gets home today. His car is acting funny and I told him to take it in this morning to get checked. Of course he drove it to work 45 minutes away, because they couldn’t possibly live without him for half of a Tuesday morning.  :p

He was supposed to text me when he got there but didn’t. So I called/texted about 150
    times with no response. Cue panic attack with me having visions of him broken down on the side of the road or worse. After 30 minutes he finally gets back to me and is super nonchalant and all “oh sorry there was an emergency”. I’m livid.  

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• @ktmaesim That is good to know because we are flying this weekend- on American Airlines though. Worth a shot, need to get as many pregnant lady perks as I can! 
  • @k_mama91 I had fall scents going in my house this weekend and I'm making soup for dinner tonight as well!  :D Give me all the fall!!
  • @k_mama91 I was just reading that Starbucks is releasing their pumpkin spice lattes the last week of August!  A sure sign that fall is nearly upon us!😊
    @ninrms I noticed your absence and hoped all was well.  Glad to see you back!
  • @k_mama91 i am with you! it's been 70s every morning for the last few days and i am HERE for it. <3
  • @blueskychicago12 Thank you--I really appreciate that! I am happy to be back here! :D
  • @k_mama91 I have been burning a fall scented candle for a week or two now and decided to give up completely and ordered 4 more that should show up tomorrow.  I am done with summer.

@anniemarie887 I have been loving these cool mornings.  I have been trying to wake up a bit early to sit on the patio and enjoy my coffee.
  • @holly321 I use bath and body works plug ins thru fall and winter, I’m going this weekend to get my refills and candles. I can’t stop myself. 

@anniemarie887 We haven’t had anything under 80 lately, ew. September 1 my fall decor is going up, even if it’s still pushing 90!
  • @anniemarie887 Get out of here with your 70 degree mornings. 

@k_mama91 I am in your boat, we barely get into the 0s even overnight these days. 

yesterdays heat index was 111, I was miserable and basically am refusing to go outside. I am so ready for fall! 

• @k_mama91 and @klmcguire ahhhh i'm sorry ladies. i hope you get a break asap! 

also - anyone have non maternity clothes they thought would work longer in pregnancy - i laughed so hard trying to wiggle into a dress this morning that once upon a time i thought i would be able to wear the whole time i was pregnant.  :D
  • @anniemarie887 Have that. 2 dresses I bought from New York & Co the day I found out I was pregnant because "they're super stretchy and will totally last the whole pregnancy" were retired 3 weeks ago. Silly first trimester self.
  • @anniemarie887 UMMMM YEA. Even my tshirts are not so much as working anymore. Some of my more flowy tops are ok, but other than that I am strictly in maternity clothes

• @anniemarie887 I put on a flowy longer tank on Saturday and my belly was totally hanging out. Luckily I wasn't planning on going out in public with it, but even wearing it around the house made me feel silly. And then I tried my sized up sweat pants I bought for after surgery last fall... those went right back into the closet too. 
  • My body is very different..... I'm still in loose fitting non maternity wear. That said anything form fitting or pants with a zipper,  forget it.  Fingers crossed the swing dresses hold up all pregnancy! 
  • @ashorkey you mean you don't want to wear pregnancy crop tops? haha i'm only laughing b/c it feels like every other shirt i try on i totally can't wear, but yet on the hanger i feel like i can.
  • @anniemarie887 LOL! no! and it totally reminded me of when Rachel from friends was pregnant. I feel like her stomach hung out of like 95% of her shirts. 
  • Today's daily fact was a real headscratcher.  Baby is almost the same size as a waffle iron...?  How is a fetus in any way shaped like a waffle iron?🤔  I'm guessing this is more of a small, round, Belgian waffle maker, but still!
  • @KTZ17 Thanks for the recipe!! I'm making tikka masala naan pizza tonight for dinner...curry = yum!! I love that onceuponachef website--I've made their naan (though for tonight I cheated and am using Trader Joe's), and I just made their blueberry muffins today! :D 
  • @ninrms the Trader Joe’s naan is really good!!  I actually made the butter chick peas and a spinach dish Monday and we ate it with TJ’s naan and then tonight we had the leftovers but I made fresh naan since I wasn’t cooking other stuff.  Tikka masala naan pizza sounds amazing!!  Is it a jar of tikka masala sauce and then cheese?  If so what kind??

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • @KTZ17 Tikka masala is my *favorite* Indian dish to make, and I always follow this recipe: https://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelysanders/how-to-make-chicken-tikka-masala#qje873 People rave over it! Last time I made a huge batch and froze a bunch.

So for the pizza, I thawed some of the tikka masala. I took TJ's naan and drizzled it with olive oil, and baked that for about 10 mins. Coated the naan with the sauce and chicken, and added blobs of fresh mozzarella (I wasn't sure how cheese would taste on it, so I opted for fresh mozz, since I had some on hand, and figured it'd have a fairly mild taste). I also topped it with red onion, then baked it til the cheese was gooey. Before serving, I added fresh tomatoes and cilantro. It was super delicious!
  • @blueskychicago12 Even my 8yo questioned this fact. He asked what type of waffles, Eggo, round, square 😂
  • @rjgmcmanus Don't worry, you'll wear those dresses post pregnancy! Not to depress anyone on this thread... But it took me a little while to fit back into my pre-pregnancy clothes for sure. I was rocking the maternity clothes and some JJill "mom" clothes (loose, flowy) for a while.
  • @g_gabs71016 I used to work at J.Jill! It was a part time job before I got into my actual career. Good call. I'd totally forgotten about them.

Def hoping I fit back into those clothes in a few months. When I first got them, even my husband kind of gave me this skeptical look and said, "You think those will last the whole pregnancy!" And I was adamant, and said, "Yes, of course they will! Look how stretchy they are!" And he just kind of smiled and said, "Okay..."

This week he goes, "Hey, I haven't seen you in that cute pink dress in a while. You know, the one you got in April." I just kind of glared at him and said, "Shut up." And he laughed...not meanly, not in an "I told you so" way...but he just laughed.

Sigh.
  • @nothingbuttherain that is a brilliant idea!!!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Hey ladies! Have not been as active on here as I'd like, but work has been kicking my butt this summer. So ready for fall- both for work and all the lovely things mentioned above. It's been in the 60s here in the mornings this week-ahh so ready!
  • @blueskychicago12 whoa. I would’ve given her a nice “so what’s your excuse?”
  • @jandawg I love the chairs! They are beautiful. I'm a big fan of MCM (the original stuff, not West Elm) too. I have a dining set, two dressers, and a table. I just feel like they look so sleek, especially once refinished! I hit up Craigslist and estate sales a lot too - you can get some steals. The hunt can be fun :)
  • I'm *thisclose* to buying a second-hand crib for an amazing deal. It's the same as the one we already have but a different finish so our 2y/o doesn't get possessive or think the new baby is taking his stuff. The frustrating part is that for some reason they have a friend selling for them, who apparently forgot to tell them we were coming this morning to pick it up, so they asked us to come back tomorrow evening instead. 
  • It's so hot in Central Texas, my sweat is sweating.  :D

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married to DH for 6 years (together for 16)
    DS born 12.13.14
    DD born 10.15.16
    BFP 1.24.18, MC 3.13.18
    <3 BFP 4.25.19, EDD 12.31.19  <3