April 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms w/o 8/12

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
Baby number 2 due 4/11/20

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 8/12

• @wildrainbow FX for great news at your appointment. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • @wildrainbow FX for good news! 
  • @wildrainbow FX for a great appointment!

Seeing my GP today for pregnancy confirmation and an OB referral. Hoping to also get the green light to book a dating U/S.
  • @wildrainbow keeping you in my thoughts for good news today.
  • Work is like constant drama lately. It’s exhausting. Hoping things slow down so I no longer spend entire days wishing I could just go home and hide. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • mandarenee898mandarenee898 member
    edited August 2019
    @wildrainbow and @doraleigh35 FX for good news for both of you!

@mercury94 I have teammates out for the next few weeks and I’m just hoping things are slow while they are out as I am so tired!!
  • I am so bored today. During the summer, I do some advising at the college. I'm supposed to be advising in admissions for walk in students and I haven't seen a single student in 5 hours.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Good luck at your appointments @wildrainbow and @doraleigh35
    I have teammates out for a few weeks as well, and things have been slow around work. I'm glad as i've been going home early and taking short naps before dinner. 
  • Hi I've had all summer to read one book for work and I have a planning meeting tomorrow that will do some things with the book and have I opened said book?  Nope.

I'm worse than the kids.
  • sanpelligrinosanpelligrino member
    edited August 2019
    @ejoseph16 I'm so jealous! i used to be such a hardcore BSB fan and I LOVE Nsync too. Justin Timberlake is fab
  • @sanpelligrino Justin Timberlake is everything. I love that man! I’ve seen him live 8 times between NSYNC and solo. At an NSYNC concert when I was 14, he hugged me during bye bye bye. I hold onto that moment forever! Lol
  • I have an interview next week for a corporate position. If i get the job i have to replace my working wardrobe with corporate attire. I don't know how to dress corporate, much less a pregnant lady in corporate attire
  • sanpelligrinosanpelligrino member
    edited August 2019
    Rant: I swear sometimes it's like people are just watching like a hawk to find out if someone is pregnant....

A lot of times when i have lunch or dinner with friends, I feel like a friend calls me out for not ordering a drink. I'm starting to get anxious about it, and want to ideally avoid going out often thinking there would be no way for me to continuously lie about it - i'm afraid i'm going to be a dead give away.
  • @sanpelligrino That’s super annoying. I really didn’t drink much anyway. I gave it up when I was on Jenny Craig a few years back. I never got back in the habit and only drink on rare occasion. I’ve had a few people ask when I ordered something non-alcoholic. It’s like, I don’t drink, it’s none of your business why. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 exactly! how is this anyone's business. It blows my mind. I could never imagine asking anyone (no matter how close) if they're pregnant. I started cutting back on drinks several months ago, ever since we were actively trying with IUIs, but i would still occasionally have a drink or two socially. I just feel like i'm making more excuses these days,dont know what it is, but it's annoying. 
  • @sanpelligrino @mercury94 I’ve been avoiding my friends like the plague for this exact reason. If I don’t snatch up the tap list and start planning my beverage journey for the evening first thing, people will start asking questions 😆
  • @NiceyMeany LOL 😆 when do you plan on announcing then ? 
  • When it comes to alcoholic drinks, if they know y'all have been trying to conceive just tell them you can't drink because of the fertility medicine. 
  • @courtneya1620 they don't know we've been ttc
  • *TW* I left work early today because my husband called to tell me that our dog, Kermit, passed away. DH came home and found him. It seems like he went peacefully as he appeared to be sleeping on his dog bed. I’m devastated. Kermit was my first puppy. My ex and I got him when he was 8 weeks old and I really treated him like my baby. He was only 8. We don’t know what happened and we don’t want to pay for an autopsy. It’s going to take a long time for me to get used to saying I have 4 dogs, instead of 5. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you must be going through. Losing a pet is truly heartbreaking, and i hope you are able to dwell on all of the happy memories you had with Kermit. Take care of yourself.
  • @mercury94 I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is a terrible and heartbreaking thing. They're truly a member of the family. My heart goes out to you.
  • @mercury94 Im so sorry for your fur baby loss. :(
  • @mercury94 sending you and your family lost of love. I am so sorry for your loss.
  • Oh, @mercury94 pregnancy tears are real, girl! I’m so sorry for your loss... 😭😭
  • Thanks, ladies. It sucks so much. It’s the first time I’ve ever had to be an adult in this situation. Plus, pregnancy hormones, so there’s definitely some crying. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 We’ve treated our dog like our first baby for 8 years.  He has been a source of comfort and laughter through many hard times and I can’t imagine our home without him. So so sorry for your loss of sweet Kermit. 
  • @mercury94 omg I'm so sorry for your loss!!  The absolute worst.

@sanpelligrino it's funny, with my first I couldn't WAIT to tell people.  With this one I'm like omg everybody leave me alone forever.  I'm just going to hide out in my house for as long as I can.
  • Facebook keeps giving me ads for Plan B. WTF? My recent search history is mostly trying to buy baby stuff. Why would that come up as an ad?

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 perhaps they started clubbing plan b in the pregnancy category? Which truly sucks if that’s true