April 2020 Moms

PGAL check-in w/o August 12

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 

2. Previous loss(es)? 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

4. Any appointment updates? 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6. Any milestones coming up?

7. GTKY: What do you do for a living?

Re: PGAL check-in w/o August 12

• Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 4w4d- 4/16- this is my 6th pregnancy (I’ve had one take home baby, DD is almost 3).

2. Previous loss(es)? 4 losses- (3) MCs (most recent in April, MMC @ 8w). Our son was delivered stillborn at 22+ weeks on 1/26/18. He had significant genetic abnormalities and we were blind sided at our 20w anatomy scan with a fatal diagnosis.

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Physically- gross. This one has hit me hard so far.

Emotionally- I am doing okay. I have my moments, but I am really really trying to be positive this time instead of terrified. 

4. Any appointment updates? Just a check-in today with my family doc and we will start booking stuff. I will be receiving regular ultrasounds after 12w.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? A few other loss mamas I met through a stillbirth community are getting ready to (or have just had) their rainbow babies. It’s giving me some serious hope!

6. Any milestones coming up? Nope

7. GTKY: What do you do for a living? I’m an event planner. I was a wedding planner for a number of years, but now I just do corporate stuff.
  • Loading the player...
  • 5 weeks and 2 days and due April 11 2020. 2nd time mom, without my first child at home, so also a 1st time mom in all ways of taking your baby home from the hospital. 

*TW* Loss: 1
    My DD was stillborn at 40 wks + 1 day in September 2018.  She was a beautiful 8 lb / 21 in baby with a head full of black hair, my nose and ears and my husbands eye set, chin and cheeks.

Physically feeling so so tired. Bloated and gassy. Minor nausea but no throwing up yet. Cramps continue (without bleeding Thankfully!)

Emotionally - If you read my post late on last week’s PGAL post it was kind of all over the place... (Sorry about that!) Doing better this week and just enjoying each day for now and every symptom I show. Looking forward to the U/S. 

Aug 21 is U/S at 6.5 wks. Crossing our fingers for all to look well and to see a strong heartbeat!    

September 23 would have been our DD’s 1st birthday.

Still at our RE’s office but need to find a different OB since we are now “high risk” but my awesome PCP is going to give me a couple referrals. 

GTKY: my full time job is working inside sales at a tech company.. essentially doing quotes and orders. I don’t mind it and kind of like staying up to date on new technology. In my free time I like to knit/crochet while rewatching different series.  Currently rewatching Bones.  
  • @doraleigh35 Thanks for sharing your hope, it is giving me hope too that I’ll be able to bring this one home from the hospital. ❤️
  • @mandarenee898 absolutely! After our MC in April, I had a really hard time being hopeful and not bitter. We waited a whole year to TTC after losing our son, mostly because of grief and extensive genetic testing. I felt so defeated when our next pregnancy ended in another loss. I was hesitant to join another BMB this time, but I know how much the support has helped me in the past. I didn’t go fullterm and my son wasn’t my first, but I’m here to listen if you ever need a little support. PGAL brain is tough!
  • Thanks @doraleigh35!  This PGAL brain is driving me crazy today with our U/S next week. I was tempted to go in and ask for another HCG test but really, I just need to be patient. My DH and I have faith and have put every step of this in God’s hands and so I just need to leave it there until we have our next appointment but it is so easier said than done.

I wish I would have been active in my BMB last time but I kept almost everything about that pregnancy very close and secretive (wouldn’t let DH tell anyone her name, didn’t want people talking about names with me are just two examples). This time I’m just like “who cares who knows what” and have been so open. It is a little freeing!

**TW**
    Though DD was a cord issue we also had to go through the genetic counseling and testing. 3 of my Dad’s sisters have had brain aneurysms and the perinatal doctor tested me for a clotting antibody which I have... so I am also on Lovanox (low dose blood thinner) daily for the duration of the pregnancy.
    **End TW**

How is everyone else holding up this week?
  • 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 6w1d, 4/7, one DD who is 3.5

2. Previous loss(es)? Three. Two early MCs before DD and one MM in November 2018

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Emotionally, better than I thought. After our first loss, my world was turned upside down. Each subsequent pregnancy left me worry every second of everyday. While i have still been worrying it certainly has not been as all consuming as it has been. Perhaps i am just trying to not let myself get to invested, maybe I just have more distractions (we just bought a new house and my school year just started), but whatever it is, I am happy to feel a bit more relaxed. Physically, it’s the normal - sore breasts, waves of nausea, headaches, and oh the exhaustion. 

4. Any appointment updates? We had our first US yesterday. I was waiting to get through that before posting at all. Saw the heartbeat right away beating away at 116. We have another in two weeks. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Honestly, just relieved that we got through the first appointment unscathed!

6. Any milestones coming up? Nothing that stands out right now. 

7. GTKY: What do you do for a living? I am a high school English and Speech & Debate teacher. I also coach debate. The teaching I could do without but coaching is my passion. This my 12th year. 
    Married 7/20/13
    #1 MC August 2014 @ 5 Weeks
    #2 MC November 2014 @ 5 Weeks
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? Currently 5wks , EDD is 4/16, and I have 1 amazing son who will be 4 in January. 

2. Previous loss(es)? 1 (June 8, 2019 on my 31st birthday(

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 
    Physically not too horrible. Random morning sickness nausea but good. 

Emotionally not so good. I'm scared this baby wont stick like the last one and it terrifies me. We have wanted another baby since our son was born but my husband is going through hell (us with him) due to some lies his daughter from a previous relationship told and it's been a battle going on 3 years that may land my husband in prison and register as a sex offender for life so that's been causing SEVER stress.....

4. Any appointment updates? 
    Appt isnt until 9/5

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Just personal rants.....see above 🤷‍♀️

6. Any milestones coming up?
    Not really

7. GTKY: What do you do for a living?
    I currently work at the county jail booking, bonding and releasing inmates. Not very glamorous but definitely interesting. 
  • 1. 5ish weeks. US the 29th for an actual EDD

2. 1 loss May 7th 2014 

3. Feeling ok over all just exhausted. Still anticipating blood every time i go to the bathroom. I feel like that will never go away :/

4. Nooope

5. I just want to nap. Like 3 times a day. 

6. Nah

7.  I'm a maternity birth and newborn photographer. I have a studio in my town and have been at it for going on 6 years now. That being said I'm totally hiring someone else for all of my pictures this time!
  • KFrobKFrob member
    edited August 2019
    I just saw the newer thread so moving over there