June 2019 Moms

Skin crawling after postpartum

My skin is crawling, there's no rash but its driving me insane. I'm constantly scratching and it occurs  more at night when I'm trying to sleep..im.going crazy losing sleep. I'm 2 months pp next week. Help, anyone had or know of this. I read t can be my hormones. What can I do? How long will this last for? Do I call my OB and not my family Dr? 

Re: Skin crawling after postpartum

• YES! This was happening to me too, up until about a week ago. It still occasionally happens and I have to scratch the most inconvenient locations. No advise, just commiseration.
  • This sounds A LOT like when I had cholestasis during my 3rd trimester. Basically your liver isn’t functioning properly. I would call your OB and let her know and see if they would want to do labs on your liver function. I would itch every night like clock work, all over my body. 

while it is dangerous to the baby DURING pregnancy I’m not sure what effects it has post but I would definitely call. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine is now totally resolved, for what it's worth.
  • tashialynntashialynn Just Joined
    Did you ever figure out why?
  • Hello! It might be related to hormones. Contact your OB/GYN to discuss your symptoms. In the meantime, keep your skin moisturized, avoid scratching, and wear loose clothing. Each person's experience is different, so your doctor can provide more insights. Take care and hope you find relief soon! 🌸