TTC After a Loss

Re: August Randoms

• ottergirl81ottergirl81 member
    edited August 2019
    Wanted to share one of the highlights of my week. I have pumpkins growing in my garden! The plants themselves have been taking over my yard and have been flowering. Today MH noticed a tiny pumpkin starting to grow! Excited because I love pumpkin spice and make my own pumpking everything! Will try to get a photo posted soon.

edited: for spelling and wanted to add more words.
  • @ottergirl81 I have pumpkins growing too! It's our first year of success with pumpkins and yes, they're totally taking over the yard. So exciting to see them growing though! I like to make my own pumpkin puree and then freeze it in pumpkin pie recipe portions. I can't wait to use my own pumpkins for it!
  • Loading the player...
  • @ruby696 I do the puree and freeze it too! This is my first year trying to grow anything in a garden and I'm so excited already to try again next year. What else do you grow?
  • We have several varieties of tomatoes, squash, zucchini, acorn and butternut squash, cucumbers, bell peppers, jalapenos, poblanos, strawberries, and various fresh herbs. I want to try broccoli and cauliflower next year!

• Just ordered more pee cups and opks... Is it just me or are opks the worst things to reorder? Also every box comes with like 20 pg tests and with an 8 day lp, I almost never poas so I have about 60 of those bad boys now *eyeroll* 

11 more days until my 1st RE appt! I'm excited! Also I'll be cd15, 3ish days before o, and I know they're doing a tv us, so I'm pretty pumped to see what's going on in the ole ovaries 😊 

I realize this post is a big old dear diary, but I do have an actual question, I have been charting bbt for a while now, do they want to see my charts? And if so, do I just show them my ff app or print them out? I'm compiling everything I think they might need, it makes me feel like I'm actually doing something lol. I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend
  • @ruby696 wow, quite the variety of fruits and veggies! I have broccoli and cauliflower on the go this year. Really want to try more squash and melons next year. So rewarding cooking food you've grown yourself. At least thats what I think.

@splashmountain I would see if maybe you could get your charts printed out, thats what I would do. That way the RE can easily put it it with your file, unless they ask you to email it to them, but maybe you could do that also if they ask. Hope that helps a bit.
  • @splashmountain My RE didn't want to see my charts and I'm pretty sure she was judging me for even temping. She told me not to bother with any of it on treatment cycles. I still do, I just don't tell her.
  • @splashmountain I second printing them out! My RE wanted me to bring anything I thought would be helpful.
  • @ruby696 that's how I felt about my ob! I told her i tracked bbt and I'm ovulating regularly and have a short lp and she told me to start using okps so we can make sure I'm actually ovulating. 

@ottergirl81 @Mamaof2beautifulgirls printing them out is what I was kinda leaning towards too. I would rather have them on paper just in case they want them
  • So my H and I have been talking and we're thinking of maybe just NTNP for a few months. He's still struggling with the loss, I think more than he originally let on, and the monthly letdown of AF is really just devastating for both of us. Hoping maybe I can refocus on some other things and try not to be so consumed with the thought of getting pregnant again. It's so hard though, because it feels like everyone in my life is pregnant or just had a baby, and honestly, I'm so used to all of my O-signs that I feel like I'd still be aware of ovulation even if not specifically tracking. So I guess we'll see what happens! But i've been more lurking than participating for the past week or so and I just wanted to offer an explanation. I'll still hang around if you all don't mind so that I can cheer you all on and try not to go nuts  :D
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @manillabar I totally get it. Take as much time as you need and lurk away. We'll be here when you feel like participating again. ❤❤
  • @manillabar Thats ok! Take some time. We won't forget you❤
  • edited August 2019
    @manillabar yes!!! I think you should take all the time you need!! Self care is so
    important and I think people forget about that! I feel like we focus so much on trying to get pregnant we forget about ourselves. I have thought if this is not our cycle taking a break as a well. It’s a hard process. We will be here to support you when you return!
    ❤️

Edited for typo. 
  • @manillabar I'm sorry you're both having such a hard time, I understand the "everyone else is pregnant" feeling, that's how it is in my life too. I hope the break will give you guys some much needed relaxation. We're here for you whenever you need us ❤
  • @manillabar Do what you need for your mental health and self preservation. We totally understand. And will be here for you when you do pop in. 
  • @manillabar I totally relate to
    this- TTC is just a constant mental load and sometimes a break is necessary. Take care of yourself. ❤️
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just realized its Thursday. Its been a busy week. On the TTGP board I read through all of the conversations for the weekly randoms thread and felt I missed the moment to respond to any of what was being discussed. Being strictly on mobile kind of sucks. I have to catch the threads before they get too long or I just get left behind🙁 
    Just wanted to get that off my chest.
  • @ottergirl81 Same. I try to participate early in the morning or the threads just get away from me. I usually explain I'm on mobile and apologize if I've missed anyone. That's all I can really do. 🤷‍♀️
  • @ruby696 Good to know I'm not alone! Thanks for letting me know. I don't feel as bad now🙂
  • Same! I can't bump on my work computer (which is probably a good thing) and mobile bumping can be hard for tagging and keeping up. That's also why I only participate in a few threads over on ttgp, I don't want to half ass it with my support so I just keep it simple for now.
  • I really want to support as many as I can and be remembered on the borads. Maybe that sounds selfish🤔 I was active a year ago for not very long before losing internet completely for a few months. I felt weird re-joining everyone, plus I had just had my first loss back then and didn't think it was appropriate coming back on right after that. I realize now that re-joining right away would have been the best thing I could have done. Could have received some needed support. 
  • Yes @ottergirl81 I wish I had joined earlier after my loss. I did a lot of lurking for awhile. I am so thankful for the support of this community. Y’all have understood all my sadness, fears, and concerns when no one else did! ❤️🥰
  • ble1ble1 member
    @ottergirl81 @Mamaof2beautifulgirls I totally agree about joining earlier. I lurked a bit before I decided to be active. Part of the reason I didnt join right away was I hoped I would get pregnant right away and I didnt want to post once and then be gone before getting to connect. Luckily all the ladies on this board are sweet and engaging.

• @ble1 Yes, thats how I felt too! Didn't want to just be a drive-by. 
  • @ble1 I joined immediately after my loss. And a week after participating I had intense anxiety about just *poof* disappearing if I got pregnant again the next cycle. I still get some level of anxiety when it’s close to AF that I’ll unintentionally hurt someone if I do fall pregnant. 

@ottergirl81 I am strictly mobile but most of my participation lately has been at night. I felt like I’d miss out but most of the ladies are great about responding the next day. So I do get some connection with them over there. 
  • edited August 2019
    Question for people that temp. What day of your cycle do you start temping? I think I am going to add that in this month. 

Edited for spelling
  • @Mamaof2beautifulgirls I just started temping this cycle for the first time. Started on day 10 I think. Don't know if that helps, but I actually wish I started a few days sooner.
  • @Mamaof2beautifulgirls I'd recommend temping starting CD 1.  As soon as you get AF/spotting, start temping the next morning.  I'd recommend doing that for at least the first several cycles to be able to REALLY get a good overview of YOUR cycle.  If not, you may miss something or have regrets about whatever.  It will really help you see your normal temperature fluctuations better and any jumps you may or may not have. The overall pattern is really what you want to look at, and knowing what your personal overall pattern is will help you in the long-run.
  • @Mamaof2beautifulgirls I agree (as usual) with @dpchickens. Every time I've started temping late or after O was confirmed, I've regretted it. Now I do it every morning, no matter where I am in my cycle.
  • Thanks @ruby696 and @dpchickens. I will definitely start calendar day 1. I did go ahead and order bbt thermometer. 
  • @Mamaof2beautifulgirls I agree with the others, I temp every single day. Good luck!
  • Will be MIA starting tomorrow! Will try to check in but am going to be busy on my holiday! Take care everyone!
  • Enjoy, @ottergirl81

We are in full scale hurricane panic over this way. Yay, Florida. 
  • @tyrion_ I just got on to say I was thinking about you. I know you're in Florida and we saw some scary stuff on the news today. I'll be praying for you and your family!
  • @tyrion_ I was thinking about you this morning. Stay safe!!
  • Thanks, ladies. We have plenty of water, gas, and snacks. Now we just wait and watch.