November 2019 Moms

UO/ FFFC 8/9

i went back and forth this morning about it being Wednesday or Thursday and then realized it was Friday. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Also I can’t get my gif to work. 

Re: UO/ FFFC 8/9

• BNBTBNBT member
    I can't think of an UO right now, but my FFFC is that I've been craving sweets more than usual the past week or two. Well yesterday I went overboard (just wasn't really thinking before putting things in my mouth) and I felt like crap all night long. Had a terrible headache and just felt so gross in general. When thinking back on what I ate yesterday, I am so embarrassed for myself lol.

@emeraldcity1214 I questioned what day it was this morning too - we get to wear jeans on Fridays and I seriously couldn't think what day it was when I was getting dressed!
  • I'm going to really spice things up with my UO:

Seltzer > Water 😂
  • Loading the player...
  • @emeraldcity1214 @BNBT what is it about today?? I was driving to work and got paranoid that it was Saturday and that I had forgotten. 

@ABabyMarshall WOAH WOAH WOAH. NO WAY!!! LOL. I can't stand seltzer water. I know it's the in thing now, but I just can't!! 

• BNBTBNBT member
    @ABabyMarshall My BILs and SIL love seltzer, but I just can't seem to get accustomed to the taste! But I also don't drink much other than water and iced tea or a soda (outside of wine or beer ha), so I don't really have a wide palate  :D
  • I don’t care for seltzer water either. 
  • @BNBT my sweet tooth cravings have been out of control too! I've done my best to have a healthy balance of not giving in all the time and occasionally letting myself have a treat here and there. I'm worried about still developing GD even though I passed my test since I had it last pregnancy, so I have to watch myself eating still.

I've tried to like seltzer, I just cant. Nope, give me still water all day long. When we lived in Europe, I really tried to like sparkling water because that's what they default too. But I just never could, it doesnt quench my thirst like still water. It was the worst when the hospital I delivered at in Germany only served me sparkling water during labor 😖
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @gumby22c could your DH not get you regular water or ice chips? That would have been terrible. 
  • Seltzer is the absolute best, but @gumby22c during labor I could not deal with the bubbles. I loved when I was in Europe and got all the bubbly water all the time. We have a soda stream, but I don't feel like it makes as bubbly a seltzer as store bought so sometimes I still get a package from the store, especially now when I can't drink any wine or beer, lol.

@BNBT I've had days like that. However I got Wendy's the other day with a Frosty and frankly wished I'd gotten a large rather than a medium. And I ate ice cream after dinner as well. I felt no shame that time, lol.

• @emeraldcity1214 I did end up sending H down to the hospital cafeteria for still water eventually. They didnt have ice chips and the water they happened to have in L&D that they kept offering was sparkling.
  • Honestly if I had a 2nd baby there, I would have brought a case of still water with me when I went to the hospital again 😂 We were still so new to the country (1 month after moving there I had DS) and I was so overwhelmed with everything I just didnt think about it until I was already admitted. Also I was a FTM and just had no clue about what I'd want during L&D anyways.
  • @gumby22c my husband is also still terrorized by the sparkling water situation in Germany. The offering of it in l&d is HYSTERICAL. It is so German!

my FFFC
    i had my glucose screen today at 9:40. For some reason, after the test I was really really hungry. I went to one of those fast brick oven pizza places AND got garlic bread. Then I went and got 10 munchkins from Dunkin. It was my lunch and dinner but I did eat just about all of it.
    TMI: for the record, we never eat trash and I already know I am going to be on the toilet/ super sick all day tomorrow. 
    WORRRRRTH IT. 

• @cl4157 😂 love it! Sounds glorious! After mine I had a huge craving for Del Taco and inhaled a bunch of soft tacos 🤷🏻‍♀️ Maybe something about that test just brings out the munchies!
  • Since we brought up the glucose test. My UO is that I kinda like the drink. 🙈🤷🏻‍♀️ I down it in no time. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 I didn’t think it was that bad. I drank worse things in college(high school 🙈) 😂😂
    the one thing that made me laugh is I had an exam in between the waiting hour and I was a maniac talking 90 miles per hour to the NP then crashed so hard by the time it was time for the draw. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 I thought I was alone in kinda liking it. Everyone warned me how terrible it is and chug it so you don't taste it. My office only offers the orange one, and it tastes like orange crush to me. And i love orange crush lol
  • @angieeeeee yes! I have always felt alone in my feeling towards the glucose challenge. I have had multiple flavors too and I have liked them all. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 I mean the challenge itself sucks, super not into needles and blood draws and sitting in a waiting room for 1-3 hours lol. But the drink is not bad at all.  
  • @emeraldcity1214 @angieeeeee @cl4157 I was so prepared for it to be terrible and it really was just like a soda. Not bad at all! The needle (it always seems to hurt more when they take it out than when they put it in) was definitely much worse. :)
  • @angieeeeee I don’t mind the wait as long as my kids aren’t there. The 3 hour might be torture but I’m sure I could figure out some way to keep myself busy and enjoy the time with no kids. I actually changed my appointment the other day because I realized DH was working out of town. There is no way I’m taking all of my kids to sit in a waiting room for an hour. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 ohhh boy. I definitely wouldn't want to have to entertain kids in a waiting room for that long. I can see where a little uninterrupted alone time might be welcome though.

The worst part is that I have to go in fasting, so I'll already be hungry, and then can't  eat for the 3 hours while I'm waiting. And I get really hangry. So that's always a good time lol
  • @emeraldcity1214 - I have to do the same thing. I just looked at the calendar and saw my sitter is actually out of town the day of my test.  So I am calling tomorrow to see if I can just go in anytime before my appointment.  The wait isn't my problem, I'll gladly wait without the kids.

I am a water > bubbly water.  If it isn't soda keep the bubbles out of it thanks.

Also, I am jealous of all you moms who get to have water during L&D.  The last 2 labors I was on ice chips only and that was only after BEGGING to be allowed ice chips since at first they told me no.  I'll be curious to see what I am allowed this time around.
  • @emeraldcity1214 I never minded thedrink either. Though I hung out with people that drank "pixie-dew" (pixie sticks dumped into mountain dew)while gaming in college. Not my jam, but it makes the drink seem like cool aid.
  • For those of you who don't like seltzer water - try Spindrift!  You can get it at Target, and it's been my life saver this pregnancy.  My favorite flavor is Raspberry Lime.
  • UO - I actually LIKE one off posts.  The threads can get lengthy, and I like how the one off posts get straight to the point of a new topic.