December 2019 Moms
Options

weekly randoms w/o 8/5

2»

Re: weekly randoms w/o 8/5

• Options
    @ashorkey oh good, I'm glad it wasn't just this place, I was starting to wonder if I made a bad choice. But I went with a place that got lots of recommendations in my local Facebook group so I guess people do get results. 

@bookworm492 If it's covered for you, then definitely do it! Ironically I had coverage for it before my son was born as well as all of 2018, but I didn't even know it was a thing then, so I never went. There are definitely things you can learn before birth that will help minimize any issues postpartum. 
  • Options
    @rjgmcmanus That one got me too! No way I’m obsessing over the size of produce and random objects everywhere I go. It’s not ok
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @k_mama91 @rjgmcmanus I’ve been doing the same thing!  When the baby graduated from being a huge Starbucks cup to a bell pepper, I was like, seriously, I’ve never seen a 1 lb bell pepper, or any much taller than 5 people inches.  Is she growing and shrinking?
  • Options
    Am I the only person who just doesn't feel like doing anything extra-curricular now that it's soooo hot out, like I am so happy just being like "No, I don't wanna go to that". We have a baseball game tonight with friends, and though I really think we should go because we need to start making friends here and I want them to know we are accountable, I am dreadddddinggggg it. I dont wanna sit outside and sweat all night.  :s
  • Options
    cpk3535cpk3535 member
    edited August 2019
    @ktmaesim I totally second your feelings.  Why does it seem like people still can’t understand how tired we are in our pregnancy, and uncomfortable on top of that due to summer heat?  I had to go to the in-laws last night, which with traffic is more than an hour away, mainly just to see a movie.  It felt like I could have done much better just resting and doing stuff at home😛.  

Another weird random- we posted our old crib for free to our community and got rid of it yesterday.  I’m planning on pack n play and cosleeping all the way this time (STM).  Plus, I was glad to find the crib a home instead of throwing it away.  
  • Options
    When I was pregnant with DD I was basically in my first trimester the entire summer- being in the heat made me nauseous so I barely went outside for 3 months. I don't know if being farther along this time around in the summer and being tired, hot and sweaty is any worse! I cannot wait until Fall- being super pregnant in the Fall/Winter was amazing!! 
  • Options
    @ktmaesim Dh has been forcing me to do things but I’d rather sit on the couch in the a/c. Fall is hit or miss for us- sometimes we’re in the upper 70s until Halloween, sometimes it’s 65 and perfect thru Thanksgiving. I’m praying Mother Nature helps a sister out and I can enjoy being outside again soon 🤞🏻
  • Options
    @k_mama91 yeah I live in michigan- for once I am like bring on the cold!! 
  • Options
    @k_mama91 same here for fall. I live in south Texas so it could still be in the 80's on Halloween and only 70's by Thanksgiving. 
  • Options
    did someone say FALL?! i can't friggin' wait - baltimore can be wonky too. we've had halloweens with snow or you know last year when it was 70*. total gamble... but we've had a few mornings drop down to low/mid 70s recently and i'm like please stop teasing me!!
  • Options
    @Spartanrd4 and I are in same shoes. I’m so ready for Philly falls! Get me to boots and sweaters. I’m just done. I have my tan now from the beach and am happy. 

ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Options
    @k_mama91 yes to the hair! Last pregnancy my wax lady would wax my belly too. I appreciated it until my husband noticed the hair line half way up and questioned the perfect line! 

I'm sooo ready for fall! At home today it was a whopping 64 at noon and it was AMAZING! And when I got down into the valley it was only 70. Sadly I know this wont last, tomorrow it's supposed to be back up to the 90s in the valley. (I have about a 3000' elevation difference between where I live and work causing about a 10 degree difference on average) 
  • Options
    Omg noooo fall. That means winter!!! 😢😂😢 if our winter in Chicago is anything like this last one, I am blaming all of you!!!! 
  • Options
    I definitely feel like more of a homebody during the summer. I do not enjoy being hot sweaty or tan. I'm a winter born baby and thrive in fall and winter.  I cannot wait for my girls to be old enough for snowboarding trips. My husband is also an extreme Christmas decorator so I always look forward to his enthusiasm.
  • Options
    @rjgmcmanus ah, workplace themed humor, it just doesn’t get much worse/awkward than that...😛
  • Options
    @rjgmcmanus my one friend who was pregnant this doctor told her if she went into labor while at work at the hospital he would help deliver her baby (he isn't even a OB lol). 
  • Options
    rjgmcmanusrjgmcmanus member
    edited August 2019
    @Spartanrd4 Yeah, that's super awkward, lol.

@cpk3535 Yes...we are ripe for awkwardness. The medical community is full of weirdness, lol.
  • Options
    @Spartanrd4 OMG! Something similar happened to me when I was pregnant with my daughter. A former co-worker, who was like 65 and I wasn't friends with would ALWAYS say he would deliver my baby if I went into labor at work. He would back it up with that he delivered 2 of his children in home births. Doesn't make me feel any better dude, and no you're not delivering my baby. 
  • Options
    A couple more things people really shouldn't say to pregnant women. 

1. In response to me being honest when people ask how I'm feeling. "I know it's tough but it's all worth it in the end." 

Yeah, no duh aunt Cindy. I know its worth it. I'm doing everything in my power to but the babies health and wellbeing first. If I didn't think it was worth it I wouldn't be having her!!!!

2. Again, same response to me not liking pregnancy. "Oh your stronger then you think you are." 

No, I'm really really not. I'm extremely self aware of myself and my pain tolerance. Its extremely low, I'm the ultimate cry baby. The only thought that gets me through the prospect of childbirth is the knowledge that they will give me copious amounts of drugs.
  • Options
    @mrszoobear YES to all of this! I was expressing my frustration about not being able to do some of the things I'm usually able to do the other day, and I got that same stupid, "It'll be worth it in the end" comment. Like, yeah, I know, whatever. That doesn't mean I'm not allowed to be frustrated and it doesn't negate my feelings.
  • Options
    @mrszoobear, unfortunately, those types of comments can get worse after the baby is born.  You can’t dare say anything negative about the baby (e.g. lack of sleep, or you are tired of your toddler screaming as loud as humanly possible) then you get to hear how they are only little once and apparently are supposed to love hearing your child shriek like a pterodactyl.
  • Options
    OMG, today we went to work after dealing with another robbery last night (retail sucks), losing sleep, and being 6 months pregnant- I got bugged by coworkers all day asking, “Are you okay?”  I’m like, “Um, yes, I’m tired, pregnant and we just got robbed.  How am I supposed to be acting?”  Holy crap, I just wanted to yell at them to leave me alone!