March 2020 Moms

PGAL Check-in w/o 8/5

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 

2. Previous loss(es)? 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

4. Any appointment updates? 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6. Any milestones coming up?

7. GTKY: What fad or trend do you hope comes back?

Re: PGAL Check-in w/o 8/5

• 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 
    STM. I'm 5-7 weeks. (I'll explain)

2. Previous loss(es)? 
    One

tw tw tw tw.  
    So I posted in the bleeding thread but I've been spotting since Friday and today it's been a lot.
    I spent the entire day in the ER yesterday
    Emotionally I'm a wreck. Physically I feel okay. No pain no cramping.
    I'm holding on to hope for now. 
    I had an ultrasound yesterday at the hospital and the baby is measuring at 5 weeks. I could see a faint heartbeat ♥️
    I thought I was 6.5 weeks along though so I'm a bit confused.

I have my first appointment on Wednesday.

I just hope the bleeding stops.

6. Any milestones coming up?

Hmm I hope small cardigans come back!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 8 weeks + 4 days/March 12th/This will be my third and final baby!

2. Previous loss(es)? MMC (although I knew it was coming) May 7th, D&C May 8th

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Emotionally, my anxiety is way less since I found the HB on a doppler, and honestly, my symptoms are SO strong, that it's hard for me to get too concerned... but it pops up when I'm lying in bed. Physically, the nausea and vomiting has REALLY ramped up. Today has been very hard... I'm having aversions and cravings (just ordered tater tots, wtf) that make no sense and come and go quickly. 

4. Any appointment updates? I go this Friday at 9 AM for an US and to see my favorite doctor (she delivered my son and also was the one I saw for all of my appointments during my loss). I love her, and she said something to me after my loss ("I have a feeling the soul of this little baby still wants to be with you. I bet I see you here again within a year"). I'm not a spiritual person, but that really was what I needed to hear that day, so I want to hug her and can't wait. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave: DH has been gone since Friday. I parent alone a lot, but usually it is during the week. It was exhausting haha but fun! I can't wait to be able to run again! 

6. Any milestones coming up? Just seeing a strong heartbeat this Friday will be a HUGE milestone for me! 

7. GTKY: What fad or trend do you hope comes back? Lol, flannels. All the flannels.
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Loading the player...
  • 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 8+5 TTM (5th pregnancy. Never know how to answer that question) 

2. Previous loss(es)? 2

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Emotionally I’ve been ok since physically I feel like poo still.  I get random pangs of anxiety, but for the most part I’m ok. 

4. Any appointment updates? Nope. I have my NIPT testing in two weeks though! It should be next week but we are on vacation. Go figure. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Not that I can think of. 

6. Any milestones coming up? I’ve passed both of them! Yay!!! 

7. GTKY: What fad or trend do you hope comes back? That’s a good question. I don’t know though! 
  • @miss.sally Yay for passing both milestones. Question re: NIPT: Does your practice do them when you are 10 weeks or what?
    *TW*

• @Malidocious When I was a FTM pregnant with DD I asked my then doctor (who was 7 months pregnant) about having one diet coke a day and is that okay? She said, "I literally just drank one before I walked in here." Hahaha. I think one a day on most days would be totally fine. I'm reading the book everyone on here recommended "Expecting Better" and her research (of research) says 300 mg of caffeine a day is totally fine. That's about what I am getting (but still exhausted). 
    *TW*

• @ruemcclanahan, I hope everything turns out ok for you.  

@malidocious, I used to be big on caffiene prior to being pregnant.. I'd drink coffee pretty much all day long.  with my aversions and nausea, I haven't been able to stomach coffee at all - but, I now drink 1 coke a day to get my caffiene fix and I don't feel too badly about it- my pregnancy w/ DD, I drank as much coke as I wanted, along with a few frappacinos.. (being young, dumb, and not knowing the risks) and she still turned out fine.  my pregnancy w/ DS, and this pregnancy, I make sure to keep it at one a day.

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? EDD March 7... third time mom

2. Previous loss(es)? 

Emotionally I'm worried about the upcoming NIPT, since last year that's when they discovered t21.. just on edge about it.  Physically, still nauseated.  

appointment on Aug 12

I have to admit, I'm jealous of moms who aren't dealing with PGAL... the added anxiety of 'knowing' something could go wrong makes the 1st tri so nerve-wracking in addition to the pregnancy symptoms.  my first pregnancy that wasn't PGAL, I feel like I was more excited rather than worried during 1st tri.

6. Any milestones coming up? passed the CP and MMC, which has been reassuring, now waiting to pass my last loss milestone at 13.5 weeks.

Crimped hair - I have really fine, straight hair, so, when I crimped a few strands back in the day, it gave extra body.  Plus I just really like the look of crimping a few strands here and there - kind of wild and fun.
  • @ruemcclanahan Sending you love and hoping all is okay. When I posted earlier, it must have been as you posted, so I did not see yours. Hope the bleeding stops as well. Hugs.
    *TW*

• 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 8w3d/March 13/ STM? (4th pregnancy)

2. Previous loss(es)? 2 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Still anxious and worried. Physically fine, I feel mostly ok. Slight nausea in the afternoons and never ending aversions. Very gassy. The rest of my symptoms are about the same. 

4. Any appointment updates? Aug 14 for ultrasound and bloodwork. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Annoyed that I cannot seem to mange to nap despite being exhausted 😩 

6. Any milestones coming up? I’ve passed both of mine. 

7. GTKY: What fad or trend do you hope comes back? None. 

@Malidocious , I think a coke here and there is fine. I’m not a big fan of Diet Coke, but that’s cause the taste isn’t for me. 
  • @ruemcclanahan I hope the bleeding stops and you have a good appt on Wed. Hopeful news that you could see a HB on the ultrasound, will be thinking of you.

@EmilyLove25 Good luck at your ultrasound! FX for a strong HB. After my D&C, my CNM (who wasn't in the office the day we found out about the MMC), called me to say how sorry she was and she also said something similar to what was said to you -- of all the ways people supported me through that awful time, her words were what gave me the most hope  <3

@treetop19 I feel the same way - I hate that the excitement of being pregnant is marred by PGAL anxiety. Have been trying my best to just enjoy this part of the pregnancy but it's so difficult when you know first hand what could go wrong and how horrible it feels.

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 5w4d; STM

2. Previous loss(es)? MMC at 8w5d

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Emotionally: still having high levels of anxiety but I am trying to think healthy baby thoughts. Physically: nauseous a lot, bloated, constipated, exhausted -- have been asleep by 8pm every night yet up to pee about 6 times a night.

4. Any appointment updates? First ultrasound and appointment with NP is 8/23 at my new OB office :#

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? We are moving in two weeks and DH has an umbilical hernia that is going to need surgery, he was told by the doctor NO LIFTING so we are relying on my fabulous BILs to help us out. What is a nice way to repay them??! My husband was thinking buy them beer and food...

6. Any milestones coming up? Weeks to go...

7. GTKY: What fad or trend do you hope comes back? Oh gawd, I've never been very trendy so I don't even know! :D
    BFP #1 9/2/16, MMC @ 8w5d, D&E 10/20/16
    BFP #2 12/17/16, EDD 8/26/17
    L born at 35+6 on 7/28/17 <3
  • @EmilyLove25 yep 10 weeks! Which happens to be the Wednesday that we are in SC. Of course. So I’ll be 11 weeks by the time we are back. 
  • @treetop19 I 100% agree about non-PGAL moms. With my first pregnancy I was so blissfully unaware that I felt like pregnancy was the happiest and easiest thing ever. When I had my first miscarriage my entire world came crashing down. And then a good friend lost her baby at 38 weeks.  The innocence of pregnancy is completely gone. I want it back. It’s so unfair. I just want to enjoy the process. 
  • 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 6w+3d/March 27/I have one little boy who has made it earth side with me, so STM, but this is my 6th pregnancy.

2. Previous loss(es)? 4

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Oh my good lord, I can't believe I had been complaining about feeling bad these past few weeks. It's about 7:00pm here, and I have just finally managed to keep an applesauce squeeze pouch down and a few sips of water. It's the first thing I haven't thrown up in over 24 hours. The nausea is so bad, and I'm light headed whenever I stand. I'm pretty sure I have hyperemesis again (had it with DS and I threw up 7+ times a day well into my second tri). Womp womp. But thankfully, the intense symptoms have helped me to keep my cool as far as anxiety. The random pangs of fear definitely still get to me though.

4. Any appointment updates? First appt with my midwife is this Friday at 9:30! I can't wait, it feels like it's been years since I first set up the appt lol. DH is able to tag along (DS is not his, so this is his first experience) and having him with me will make it less nerve-wracking. Just hoping for a heartbeat.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Guys. Huge pity party ahead. Last night was one of the worst nights I've ever had. We went to a pool party yesterday with some of DS's little daycare friends and moms. I was outside for about an hour and a half, with sunscreen on, and I still got a WICKED sun burn. I had been vaguely nauseated most all day yesterday but nothing unbearable. At bedtime, I lay down and all of a sudden I'm just overcome with the fear of something happening to DS. He's been sleeping in his bed in our room since we moved in to our new house, so I laid there and just cried silently listening for his breathing. I finally feel asleep maybe two hours after heading to bed, and woke up an hour later to vomit basically every hour on the hour. Whenever I would finally drag myself back in to bed each time, my sunburn would hurt as I was trying to get comfortable as it's all over my shoulders. I called it in on working today and stayed home and napped.

6. Any milestones coming up? Passed both my CP milestone and my 6 week loss. Next up is 8 weeks, so hoping for a healthy bean this Friday at 7 weeks.

7. GTKY: What fad or trend do you hope comes back? Scarves! I noticed they've really faded in popularity but I used to wear scarves with everything in every season but summer.
  • @treetop19 I totally feel you on the jealousy. It's not really directed at the people, but more at the injustice of "why must I waste away my pregnancy being terrified while others get to enjoy theirs?" It's had me feeling really bitter recently too. 

@ruemcclanahan thinking of you mama and hoping for the best.

@Malidocious I feel like people just love telling pregnant women what to do. Research says 200-300 mg of caffeine is totally fine! If diet coke makes you happy, and your doctor is fine with it, do whatever you want. 
  • @hellobabys Smart call on staying home to nap. I almost wonder if you had sun poisoning along with the pregnancy nausea. That sounds miserable!

@oliveoil-2 I think food and beer makes most men happy... also possible a gift card to a local brewery or some cool place to eat? 
    *TW*

• 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 9+1/March 9th/ This will be my third. 

2. Previous loss(es)? 1- Blighted Ovum, March 2019

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? I feel good. I am having symptoms and I think that gives me some measure of peace, but...

4. Any appointment updates? ...my first appointment is today. I am anxious and excited and terrified and ready. All the feels. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm just really annoyed with how often I am having to eat. It's annoying. 

6. Any milestones coming up? My loss anniversary is tomorrow. I was 9+2 when we found out about the Blighted Ovum. But, it doesn't FEEL like tomorrow is a big deal unless today doesn't go well. Because really baby stopped growing at like 3/4 weeks and my body just didn't give up the fight. 

7. GTKY: What fad or trend do you hope comes back? I am not super into fashion or trends...so I have no idea how to answer this question. LOL. I just hope whatever was in a year ago stays in, because I'm usually about a year behind! 

@ruemcclanahan Prayers for you! I had bleeding with both of my healthy pregnancies, but once you experience a loss, the game is changed. 
    @miss.sally Yay for passing your loss milestones! 
    @Malidocious I didn't have any nausea with DS1 and barely any with DS2, so don't let that freak you out to much! And YAAASS GIRL! to regular, healthy proportions being sexy again. Instagram is dumb.
    @treetop19 There is definitely something different about being PGAL, and also just age, I think. I am just way more of a realist about life in general as I have gotten older. 
    @oliveoil-2 Beer and Food is always a win for guys! I think that's great...
    @hellobabys That sounds terrible, I'm sorry! 

Me: 31 | DH: 33

DS1: 12.23.13 | DS2: 05.06.16

BFP: 06.30.19 | EDD: 3.9.20

**TW**
    TTC3: 11.18
    BFP: 02.05.19
    CP: 03.07.19
    *really traumatic recovery*

• @RanFan28 Good luck today! FX we get a GREAT update later!
    *TW*

• @RanFan28 good luck today!! 
    @miss.sally and @treetop19 YES on the lack of innocence. I feel like I’m being so unfair to this baby by framing everything with “if,” but it’s so hard not to after you have any form of loss. And try as they might, friends/loved ones who haven’t experienced it just don’t truly get it. 
    @ruemcclanahan that does sound like an awful day! Good for you for calling in to work. Super cliche but we have to take care of ourselves first! 

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? Today I’m 7 weeks. This will be our first baby (notice that I’m consciously trying to speak about this pregnancy like it will definitely happen! Requiring conscious effort). 

2. Previous loss(es)? 1, MMC March 2019

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? DH told his parents when he went to visit this weekend that I am expecting again. I really love my in-laws and they are SO thrilled, and they knew about our loss too. So I’m glad they know because their support is needed no matter what, and I’m trying to ride on their joy and confidence in hopes it boosts mine. Physically, nausea, exhausted, painful nipples....ticking all the boxes. Some days it seems like I have a good system figured out and others the nausea totally knocks me back down. 

4. Any appointment updates? 1st Ultrasound next Thursday! Wish it would hurry up and get here. 

6. Any milestones coming up? Since mine was a MMC exact timing of when the loss occurred is unclear. Basically getting to the first appointment and actually seeing a heartbeat will be a huge milestone for us. Also, our first EDD was in September, so I’m not looking forward to that coming up soon. 

7. GTKY: What fad or trend do you hope comes back? So dorky but I loved when everything was belted! 🙈
  • @EmilyLove25 ... I bought tater tots at the grocery store yesterday. 

@ruemcclanahanI hope next we hear from you it's that everything is going well.

@RanFan28 Good luck at yr appointment!

@hellobabysSorry about the sunburn + anxiety =/

@oliveoil-2Food & beer sound about right!

@Malidocious I was still making myself a cup of green tea every morning, but then never really drinking much of it, so I stopped. I miss having more energy, for sure, but since the thought of so much food/drink grosses me out, IDK where I'd even get caffeine from if I needed it at this point. Except I REALLLY want bubble tea... so, there's that. (I keep trying to go to the one bubble tea place that exists where I live & it's ALWAYS closed, even if the internet says it's open! And when I don't have a craving/am headed somewhere else, it's always open. -_-)

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 7w3d / 3/21 / I'll be a FTM

2. Previous loss(es)? CP in Oct. 2018; MMC w/ D&C in Jan./Feb. 2019

4. Any appointment updates? I go in at 8w4d a week from tomorrow for another u/s & general appointment--not sure if they'll want my history or what, if the u/s goes well.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I was having a very sharp pain in my side this morning--hoping it was just a gas bubble, but it's been happening enough on and off that it's worrying me. I am trying to find something that isn't just sitting at the house to do every day between now and the day school starts, otherwise I am going to go nuts.

6. Any milestones coming up? If I can get through next week's appointment w/ a heartbeat, I'll have passed the milestone of my mmc. My prev. EDD for that PG isn't until September, and that may sting, but it will feel wayyy better if this PG is still going well.

7. GTKY: What fad or trend do you hope comes back? Umm... flared pants! Like, bell bottom-style. And I'll wear a skirt/dress over pants any day of the week no matter if it's hip or not, but it's always nice when a thing I do comes back around. 
  • @kagesstarshroom Flared and Bell bottomed pants ARE back in. I follow a girl on Instagram who does try-ons for all these stores and she’s always wearing flare/bell pants! 

**TW**

• @RanFan28 I was so happy to read your US post. Yay! Also, I'm going to try to talk the doctor into considering me high risk on Friday, just so I can get those monthly US (and also because I'm AMA). 
    *TW*

• RanFan28RanFan28 member
    edited August 2019
    @EmilyLove25 It’s funny because the Factor 2 thing is something I’ve had my entire life. And my two previous healthy pregnancies were monitored normally, but now I have this diagnosis and a new doctor so all the ultrasounds. It’s kind of cool. If anything, I think it will make it fun for my boys to understand the baby’s growth better and maybe few more attached. 

ETA: clarity

**TW**

• @Malidocious I read somewhere that if you put ice in whatever you're drinking, it counts as water? That is an oversimplified version ofcourse lol, but yeah. I have been drinking water, but I am sure I could be getting more in, so I am making sure I ice everything I drink. Someday, I will get my bubble tea...
  • @kagesstarshroom Hahaha I'll definitely be adding ice to my Diet Cokes in the future, just so that it's more watery!  FX you get some of that bubble tea soon!
  • @kagesstarshroom I wanted bubble tea too and found some at the mall. But it was gross and I threw it out. :( I was so mad.
    @treetop19 I'm jealous too. I haven't bonded or felt excited or anything yet. I'm trying to protect my feelings I guess, in case I miscarry at some point. I hope that will change in the second trimester.
    @ruemcclanahan hopefully it's nothing and the bleeding stops! Maybe an sch?
    @Malidocious I have all the same symptoms, but sometimes if I don't eat I get nauseous, and when I take prenatals they make me feel terrible. :( I'm just trying to take the minimum dose for now...
    @hellobabys I'm sorry, that sounds a truly horrible, miserable night. I can't imagine.

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 8w1d/March 18/5 times pregnant, 1 live birth

2. Previous loss(es)? 3

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? A bit drained and exhausted. No motivation or energy to do ANYTHING. I feel like shit.

4. Any appointment updates? Aug 22

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Well. My husband's temporary crown fell out and he had to have his tooth pulled, 2 crowns and has at least 1 cavity. My Mom's cancer is back and it metastasized. So yeah. Life is tough right now. I'm a little bitter because I can't enjoy my last pregnancy either and haven't bonded yet out of fear, so that sucks....

6. Any milestones coming up? I don't even know.

7. GTKY: What fad or trend do you hope comes back? Those snap bracelets ?
  • @projectalice I take my prenatals right before bed.  If I take them in the morning or at any point during the day, they make me extremely sick.  Somehow, before bed eliminates almost any trace of nausea for me.  It's a prenatal miracle! 

Oh, and I still have 3 snap bracelets that I wear in rotation some days, LOL!  No shame in my awful fashion game.
  • @projectalice I still haven't gotten my bubble tea! Wahh. Was it a place you'd been to before that was suddenly gross to you OR a new place you'd never tried before? I feel lucky there's a place in my area that sells it, and it's good. I'm sorry you've got a few negative things going on--I hope things look up for you soon!

@malidocious I had been taking my pre-natal with dinner, which was fine, but I am a little off my game so taking it at random times now. I have been getting very nauseated when I lay down at night to go to the bed the past few nights though!? So I am going to take it again with dinner tonight and see if it helps, after reading the above.
  • @EmilyLove25 so happy to hear you had a good ultrasound. It’s so traumatic walking into the ultrasound room. I’m the opposite of you. I be like “give me all the ultrasounds !”
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• @EmilyLove25 Yay!!! I was really grateful that my ultrasound this time was done in office and by my doctor not with the sonographer, so it didn’t feel as familiar, but I still could do anything but stare at the ceiling until she said something about a baby. Glad your previous experience didn’t steal the joy from today! Congratulations! 

**TW**

• @EmilyLove25 I was so excited seeing your ultrasound post!! Yay!
  • @kagesstarshroom it was a new place, the place I used to go to was in Seattle and I don't remember what flavor I got. :( The boba beads tasted gross at this place though, and I got a regular tea instead of milk based tea. I wish I knew what I used to get.... I knew I should have gotten the acai bowl. :disappointed:

@EmilyLove25 that's good news! I'm probably going to wait for an ultrasound in my second trimester to announce it, and I'm not sure how often they offer them at my ob. Or at least hearing the heartbeat on Doppler at some point, just so I don't have to tell everyone if anything happens.
  • @ashesdene: great to hear from you, and congratulations on a good appointment and passing a milestone!