April 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 8/6

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 8/6

• @mercury94 I'm excited for maternity clothes. I loved how comfy they were.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 Right? I totally remember telling DH that non-maternity clothes were stupid for having buttons and zippers. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a cup of decaf latte this morning. I just craved the coffee. I typically don’t have coffee (gave it up while ttc-ing) but have one occasionally cos it’s so freaking awesome 😎 
    i ordered a pair of maternity pants and a dress and I’m so excited. My very first :wink:

Ive been very hungry but not liking the food options I have, I don’t know what to make out of it. 
  • @sanpelligrino Oh, the hunger/aversion combo is one of the worst for me.it can be tricky to figure out what you actually want to eat. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @sanpelligrino @mercury94 the hunger and aversions right now are horrendous! I’m starving until I smell food, then I’m nauseated. Ugh! 
  • sanpelligrinosanpelligrino member
    edited August 2019
    Ughh that sounds terrible. @ejoseph16 Can you have fruit smoothies with greek yoghurt? 
    Fortunately, nausea hasnt kicked in, I just have a general dislike towards the food choices in front of me. But when hunger strikes, it strikes with a vengeance, i feel like the whole world can hear my stomach growling. I have a bottomless pit kinda feeling when hunger strikes.

@Kathryn0903 I'm excited for maternity clothes as well :smile:
  • @coaster102516 I legit was thinking of digging out maternity clothes soon. I need all the elastic waists right now. The bloat is no joke this time around.
  • @littleredm soooooo cute! I’m still restraining from buying anything... I probably will until 12 weeks to protect myself... but those are adorable! 
  • @ejoseph16 I completely understanding wanting to wait until 12 weeks until buying anything. This was the first thing I bought but I probably won't buy much else until it gets a little later on in the pregnancy.
  • Is weird to want to pee on a stick just to make sure you're pregnant? have no symptoms today or yesterday for that matter. Have to wait another 3 weeks for the ultrasound (OMG!)
  • @sanpelligrino I peed on about 4 additional sticks after my BFP just to make sure I was still pregnant. No judgment from me. I do think it’s normal for symptoms to come and go, though, so try not to freak out.  

@littleredm Those are adorable. I’m forcing myself not to buy anything until we know the sex. I have a ton of stuff from DS and my nephews, so I really don’t need more neutral or boy stuff. But, I want to buy stuff so bad because it’s all so cute. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @sanpelligrino I've periodically peed on sticks still. I had bought cheapies from Amazon when trying. I figure can't waste them now, right?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mercury94 and @Kathryn0903 haha i love it! I have my amazon cheapies as well, would be a shame to waste them :wink:
  • @sanpelligrino @Kathryn0903 I had a ClearBlue digital. I figured it was expensive and someone should use it, right?

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @sanpelligrino omg me too! I have zero symptoms besides cramps here and there! My appt is on the 20th! I can hardly wait
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Definitely still peeing on a stick as well! No judgements! I had this internal fear of a CP, so I kept checking. Lol. I’m with you @mercury94 @sanpelligrino @Kathryn0903
  • @littleredm those are adorable!!

@sanpelligrino I am still low key testing EOD. I have like 10 wondfos leftover and that will more than cover me until my first ultrasound. I was so good and only tested twice with my first! For whatever reason, I’m an extra crazy person this time around. 
  • sanpelligrinosanpelligrino member
    edited August 2019
    @mercury94 @Kathryn0903 @ejoseph16 @emalue @NiceyMeany Glad I’m not alone lol misery does love company ❤️

Seeing the dark line on my IC made my evening ! I have 6 more cheapies to ride me through 3 weeks. 
  • Just in case anyone wanted to look into the future: teething is the devil. Ds2 was up basically night crying and nursing, and now I'm crying because I'm so flacking tired.  :'(
  • @wildrainbow We just have 2 yr molars left and I'm just ready to be done with teething.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @wildrainbow @Kathryn0903 I’m honestly a bit terrified of the 2 year molars. That’s all we have left too, but I hear they can be a b. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 Ds1 did ok with them, but he was a great teether. He only got fussy as they were cutting through. Ds2, on the other hand, starts being crabby the second his gums swell, gets all the symptoms, and is a crabby hot mess until they cut through. It's the worst. 
  • So... i went in on  Monday Dpo 11 and had my betas tested. I went from
    Monday 11dpo 46 hcg   20 progesterone
    Wednesday 13dpo 183 hcg 24 progesterone
    Friday 15dpo (today) 614 hcg
    The girl on the phone was a little snotty and was like well your missed period isnt even til Monday so anything can happen so its fine for now. Uhhhh really?? I dunno maybe im crazy but my numbers are looking pretty good to me? I'm a STM and i didnt have numbers this good with my first kiddo. Thoughts?
  • @cicchettimama00 Looks like they are more than doubling, which I believe is what you are looking for. I assume they are good. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @cicchettimama00 Those numbers look great. That girl on the phone can stuff it! How rude!
  • @cicchettimama00 “anything can happen”??? Geez. Show a little compassion, lady. 
  • Yay for all these good beta results!

Last night was awesome: When I was in high school, my FAVORITE band was the Violent Femmes. Last night we went to see them play with Ben Folds, and the show was great. We got lawn seats, and it wasn’t too crowded, so it was a laid back and snuggly night.

@mandarenee898 Ooh, what are you knitting? Pictures please? I’m so obsessed with knitting. :)

@wildrainbow I’m worried about how I’m going to deal with a possible coffee aversion, too. I’m normally a 3 cup per day lady. 5 cups on a bad day. I’ve already cut back to 1 or 2 per day, but if I have to avoid it entirely, I’m going to get headaches from hell.

TW: MORE DRAMA THAN LIFETIME TELEVISION!

3 miscarriages.
    2 chemical pregnancies.
    1 infant loss.

8/2016: We lost our first baby to CHARGE Syndrome and HLHS when he was 3 weeks old. 
    1/2018: Our healthy son was born. :)
    4/13/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @themamalion currently working on 2 baby blankets (one for my cousin and another for a friend). My mom taught me when I was young and I don’t do anything overly complicated but I love it!