March 2020 Moms

TTGP Check-in w/o 8/8

This is a check-in for those that were active in TTGP board before moving over here. Feel free to answer the questions or just make general conversation. 

What's going on this week? 

How far along are you?

Upcoming appointments?

Cravings/Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Randoms?

Questions?

Re: TTGP Check-in w/o 8/8

• What's going on this week? Mostly nausea.

How far along are you? 7w5d

Upcoming appointments? Next Wed. FX. It was at this week's appointment last time we found out some bad news, so hoping all looks good when we go in. I'll be 8w4d. 

Cravings/Symptoms? Nausea, which as you can see defines my week. Not many cravings, mostly aversions.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? So like a millllion years ago in TTGP I was bitching about DH being possibly iced out of this group of friends and having a LOT of anxiety about it--well, it's all finally coming to a head, today, bc he asked to be allowed back into their FB group--he uninvited himself back in Jan. bc he just needed to stay away from some developing drama-- & they said no, so now he is trying to get the HeadHoncho on the phone to talk about it because He Didn't Do Anything. The dude hasn't answered his text so DH is having a huge episode right now (he suffers from depression and anxiety) and I am like "please calm down once you talk to this person everything will be fine" (which had BETTER be true? or I am going to Flip Out.) Agh so everything is sort of bad today, and I just want this person to call and for everything to work out fine. I'd talked to the Other Head Honcho about this like a few months ago and she was like "yeah I know of no reason why this would be happening." & then she was really cold when today DH texted her to ask to be let back into the group, and asked him a question that I already had told her the answer to like a few months ago? Sorry this is so long and vague, it's a lot and it's stupid, and I just want it resolved so there can be peace in my household. I almost want to text the person and be like "hi, so I'm almost 8w KU & anxiety is not good for me right now so please call DH--he didn't do anything & he doesn't understand why he is being treated this way, which I iterated to so and so on the phone a few months ago. he has depression/anxiety probs which is why he hasn't reached out to you yet."

Questions? Blahhhh no but I need some good vibes yall.
  • *lurking*

@kagesstarshroom I’m so sorry that’s still going on. Friend drama is awful. Like, we’re not in high school anymore. Talk it out like adults. Sending you lots of good vibes today. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Loading the player...
  • @kagesstarshroom Oh man, friend drama is the worst!  I'm so sorry you and your husband are dealing with that.  When my ex-husband was iced out of his group of friends (also his band!), he was devastated.  People can be so mean.  It's been almost 2 years now and he's just finally reconnecting with that group, although I'm honestly not sure why he even wants to.
  • @kagesstarshroom I'm sorry you and DH are still dealing with this... and hope it all smooths over soon!

What's going on this week? Just trying to keep my head above water. 

How far along are you? 9 weeks today (my calculations)

Upcoming appointments? Wednesday! Finally get my first U/S, plus an exam and NIPT blood work. I'm hoping for good results, so I can finally share the news, and I'm also dreading to see the number on the scale.

Cravings/Symptoms? Major sleep deprivation this week, so I've been eating lazily, like crap... so many carbs. Besides my lack of sleep and the belly bloat, I'm doing okay.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? This week has been so crazy with work. I've been in charge of a huge project, organizing a telethon for charity for our station. But yesterday we raised $10k more than our goal for our local Miracle League, and I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I've also had to work an earlier schedule the past two days, meaning I got about 4 hours of sleep, split between two naps, so I'm feeling quite awful. 
    My FIL is still in the hospital, but should be released to a rehab facility soon. When that happens, it's expected to be a 7-10 day stay, so I'm assuming MIL will be with us until the end of the month, and DH may lose his ever loving mind. It'd also be nice if my kid liked me again, because all he cares about is MIL when she's around, and it's now been almost three weeks.

Rave: Our Emmy awards are tomorrow night, and I'm nominated for two. I'm getting my hair and makeup done, so it'll be nice to be pampered and have a night out, although I'll still have to lie about not drinking. 

Questions? Nope... which I'm sure is a relief since I've rambled on for so long! 

Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @MrsVP614 Congrats on the nominations. Sorry about the kid. I get it. Mine is like that with my mom. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @kagesstarshroom I’m sorry your H is still dealing with his friends, I hope he gets it sorted out today! 

@MrsVP614 idk how you are making it through. I love my ILs (more than my family) and I still couldn’t live with them for a month without loosing my mind. 

What's going on this week? Nothing of importance just need it to be over, I swear it’s been the longest week ever. 

How far along are you? 9+5

Upcoming appointments? Next Thursday, first one seeing my OB. Crossing my fingers that I can hear the heartbeat on the Doppler. I could with DS at this time. 

Cravings/Symptoms? Carbs and nausea/exhaustion. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms? DS has been super into giving me smooches lately and I love it! His favorite is in front of DH to make him jealous. I do feel a little guilty on that bc poor DH has not been getting the attention he deserves, I’m just so sick and tired all the time. DS has also been a tantrum machine but one smooch and I’m like ok I’ll forgive the last 3 hours or torture 🤣

Questions? None right now
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Hi friends!

What's going on this week? I'm finally over my summer cold! 

How far along are you? 7 weeks today.

Upcoming appointments? My first OB appointment is on Monday. I'm super excited, but also nervous.

Cravings/Symptoms? Zero cravings. I never had MS with my DS, but this pregnancy has other plans. My nausea kicked up last weekend and I start every morning dry heaving in the toilet. It comes in waves throughout the day. Other than that, my boobs have become more sore.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? We are beginning some home renovations so that'll be fun! 

Questions?
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• Friend drama is the worst @kagesstarshroom. I hope everything works out soon.

Congratulations on your nominations @MrsVP614! How exciting :)

Toddler smooches are the BEST! @varimama
    **TW**

• @mrsvp614 I hope we both have good appointment on Wed.! Also, I always think Friday is Monday these days, which is annoying because now Wed. is much further away than my brain first thought it was 30 seconds ago. Let us know if you win the awards you're nominated for! Have fun getting dressed up etc.

@puppylove8910 I FEAR throwing up/dry heaving bc of how the toilet must smell. Do you remember when cravings kicked in for your first PG? I get like... desires lol where I get an idea in my head and I'm like "I want to eat this thing" but it's more like literally nothing else besides that thing sounds appetizing to me, so I then must eat that thing...

@varimama I also feel bad that I haven't been able to be a good support system/love on DH right now because I basically feel sick all the time and staying alive each day feels like an accomplishment, let alone putting the dishes in the dishwasher/sweeping up the dog hair/etc. 

Update on drama (which is more than a friend group, it's like a community/organization from where we're from--even if I weren't being vague about it it's hard to explain): DH finally talked to someone and it's all SUPER vague and stupid? He's not being ice out, there are just a number of people who are annoyed w/ him/his past behavior. We live 1300 miles away from these people, mind you, and only one person reached out to him when he removed himself from the FB group in an angry state of mind--that was the person he finally talked to yesterday, who basically said a bunch of higher-ups were pissed at him for, like, again, really mundane stuff. So he has to apologize/talk to a bunch of people or something and then we hope everything will be fine? It's all sounding even stupider than I could imagine. Argh! So frustrating, but at least the mega-anxiety I was feeling yesterday is gone bc that was NOT OKAY.
  • @kagesstarshroom My cravings when pregnant with DS didn't kick in until the end of 2nd tri. Even then they weren't super extreme and would come & go. I craved milk at one point, then beer, then artichokes and finished out my pregnancy craving ice cream. Totally random! 
    **TW**

• @MrsVP614 congratulations!!! That’s so exciting. Hope your ILs aren’t there for too much longer! 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)