April 2020 Moms

TTGP Checkin 8/8

This is a check-in for those that were active in TTGP board before moving over here. Feel free to answer the questions or just make general conversation. 

We welcome participation from TTGPers in other BMBs as well. 

What's going on this week? 

How far along are you?

Upcoming appointments?

Cravings/Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Randoms?

Questions?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
Baby number 2 due 4/11/20

Re: TTGP Checkin 8/8

• What's going on this week? Not much... trying to get some masters degree work done. Next week is my last week of summer classes! 

How far along are you? 4w3d

Upcoming appointments? 7wk US on August 27

Cravings/Symptoms? Lots of random food aversions... ranch, coffee, and salmon are not faves right now. I made a great salmon dinner last night that apparently baby was not interested in. So I heated up some homemade frozen tamales and that made baby happy 🤷🏼‍♀️ Other than that, fatigue, sore boobs/nipples, slight cramping on and off, and mild nausea on and off. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms? Still a bit anxious, but doing much better today. I’m embracing that my odds of another MC are slim, but it doesn’t help too terribly much. 

Questions? None right now! 
  • Do we have to have been active on TTGP for a set amount of time to participate? I wasn't active for the 3 month time period to make the announcement over there. Wasn't sure if you wanted the same over here?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @ejoseph16 I feel that way about fish too! I keep hearing it's important to eat fish during a pregnancy but I have NO interest. It just doesn't sound at all appetizing.

What's going on this week? Not much, Just mainly planning on running some errands for the rest of the week. I have an intro to voice over workshop on Saturday though that I've been looking forward to for awhile.

How far along are you? Around 4w3d

Upcoming appointments? Our first ultrasound is scheduled for August 20th. :)

Cravings/Symptoms? Still craving milk and I'm also craving spicy foods. I've started putting hot sauce on things. I've found I'm more sensitive to bitterness in certain foods like kale, brussel sprouts etc which I normally like. Extremely tired and have some headaches. Mornings are the best time for me and afternoon/evenings is when the fatigue really kicks in.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? I discovered that ants made their way into my box of honey nut cheerios this morning. It's been thrown away and they've been dealt with but I'm sad because I was really looking forward to eating it this morning.

Questions? None at the moment.
  • @littleredm I feel you on the spicy foods! Lol. Mexican is my jam right now! 

@Kathryn0903 I’m not sure... let me see what the other boards are doing. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Looks like March BMB allowed anyone who was on TTGP no matter how long to participate. Thoughts? I’m ok with it as long as everyone else is... 
  • I’m okay with not having the set rules here, too. If you participated on TTGP before the BFP, you can be part of this group. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • What's going on this week? It’s DH’s last week over summer break before professional development and teacher work days, so he has a list of honey dos. I’m mostly busy trying not to take a nap at work. 

How far along are you? 5w6d per LMP, but probably more like 5w1d per O. We’ll see. 

Upcoming appointments? First ultrasound on 8/22. Can’t wait. 

Cravings/Symptoms? Some cramping. Feels almost like stretching. Sore boobs off and on. Nausea comes and goes. Mostly just sooo tired. I have been craving sugar, but that’s not unusual for me. Also, definitely want to drink milk more often. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms? I’m just anxious to get to the first appointment, so it feels more real. Plus, with my blump I’m not sure how long I can hide it from my co-workers (I have told my boss), but I really want to have a good ultrasound before I go down that road, because I’m not that close to a lot of them. 

Questions? None right now! 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @littleredm I’m with you on the mornings being easier. I’m so tired after lunch. I’m not really a fan of fish anyway, but I can’t stand to be near it right now. I really want to make myself eat it too, because it’s so good for baby, but nope. 

@ejoseph16 Frozen tamales sound really good right now. I’m going to tell DH to pick some up. It’s so odd what the baby wants. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • What's going on this week? Not much. It"s my last week of the summer class I teach and I am so glad to be done with it

How far along are you? 4 wk 2 day by LMP

Upcoming appointments? First ultrasound is 9/11 at 9 weeks. I feel like it's so late. I swear last time, I had an ultrasound at 6-8 weeks, but they told me 8-10 weeks this time. I do have a family doctor appointment tomorrow and I'm gonna have them run a pregnancy test there, so DH will feel better.

Cravings/Symptoms? No cravings yet. Just tired, having to pee a lot, and some cramping. I don't remember cramping at this point last time.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? Just ready to get this first ultrasound, but having to wait a month is torture. Also not sure how long I can hold off on telling people. I feel like my blump is gonna make people suspicious.

Questions? None yet
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Is it terrible that I’m so glad to hear that so many of us are dealing with cramping? I don’t remember it really at all with my first, so I was getting worried. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 not at all! I’m relieved to actually have symptoms! Lol. The nurse from my doctor called me yesterday to get appointments set up, and she actually got excited when I told her that I knew I was KU because of my symptoms. My cramps are mostly related to gas right now I think. 🤷🏼‍♀️ 
  • mercury94mercury94 member
    edited August 2019
    @ejoseph16 I do think a lot of my cramps have been gas too due to progesterone slowing everything down. 

Edit because autocorrect is dumb 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 I'm relieved too to hear other people are/have experienced cramping! I blame gas too since I've been on the progesterone shots and suppositories.
  • *lurking from March 2020*

I cramped so much from my BFP until 4.5 weeks. I never remembered that being the case with my DS, but everything I read said it's normal to feel more cramping early on in subsequent pregnancies. I'm 7 weeks today and rarely have any cramping, just occasional stretching pain. I hope this puts your minds at ease :)

Also! I'm so happy to see so many of you in here already. FX more TTGP join you! 
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020