WTF Wednesday 8/7

What has you going WTF?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
Baby number 2 due 4/11/20

Re: WTF Wednesday 8/7

• So, I called my doctor Monday and spoke with the nurse to let her know I’m KU again. I expressed that I wanted to get bloodwork done ASAP since my loss in April, and I wanted my HCG and progesterone monitored. She said she would talk to my doctor and get me in immediately. It’s Wednesday and I haven’t heard anything. Don’t they know my hormones are making me extra rage-y??? Lol. I realize I sound crazy, but come on. The struggle is real. 
  • @ejoseph16 that's rough. I'd be calling back later this week if you don't hear anything soon.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • chrissdeechrissdee member
    edited August 2019
    My WTF today is my 4-year-old refusing to go to sleep until 3am, less than an hour before my alarm went off for work. I'm. So. Tired. (But shoutout to my 4-month-old who has been sleeping through the night like a champ! Maybe she can give big sis some pointers?)

Edited to correct spelling. It's a shoutout, not a shootout. 
  • @ejoseph16 A similar thing happened to me. I called the OB on a Friday to let them know and get the ball rolling on progesterone supplements. The nurse said she would just renew the prescription but the pharmacy never got it. I called back on Monday and there were no records of the nurse I spoke with doing anything! Fortunately, the person I spoke with the second time around was able to get BW scheduled then and I had my progesterone by Thursday. Personally, I would call today after lunch if you haven't heard anything. 
  • I just got the call! My doctor is on vacation, so she’s checking with the other doctors in the office to get a blood work order. But they scheduled my US for August 27, I’ll be 7w1d. Whew! Only problem? Cue my new WTF...

MH told me last night he’s going to teach calculus 2 at the university he works for, but didn’t tell me a time for the class. 2 of my 3 appointments I scheduled are during him teaching. Ugh! 
  • @ejoseph93 your DH teaches math? Both my DH and I are math instructors at local colleges/universities!
    I will say my DH went to a lot of my appointments last time. This time, I told him he just needed to be at the 20 wk ultrasound if it's too hard to schedule around his work. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 yeah! He was the math coordinator for the learning center, but now he’s the assistant director. He picks up teaching classes when he can, so he wanted to teach another class this fall before the baby. 
    I think the hard part for him is not being able to be at the ultrasound. TW: loss

I got my first BFP in March of this year. Over Easter I had some spotting, so they brought me in for an ultrasound. They couldn’t find a heartbeat. He was there for that, so we have never seen that beautiful flicker. I think he’s really bummed just for that reason. 
  • @ejoseph16 @Kathryn0903 My DH teaches high school math. We are lucky that he can come to the first appointment because it happens to be a teacher prep day and the sono is at lunch time, so it will just be his lunch break. So sorry that your H has to miss the first appointment @ejoseph16. That’s tough. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • WTF to my co-worker who just asked why I spent a week working on something that he agreed we should do at a meeting 2 weeks ago. Now he thinks it’s a bad idea and says to just scrap all the work and convince the executive team that we shouldn’t do it. Not happening, thanks. The executive team was pretty clear about its intentions at that meeting 2 weeks ago that co-worker was at. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 oh oh looks like someone wants you to take the heat for a random decision that wasn't part of the plan. Glad you're sticking to the plan :wink:
  • @sanpelligrino He’s basically useless and super annoying, so I never expected anything less, but still upsetting. Like, were you even paying attention in that meeting? He covered for me last time I went on maternity leave and I’m a bit scared of that, because I had so many issues to fix when I got back. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 that's a nightmare!. i can totally understand how that would be so frustrating especially getting back from maternity leave. I hope the cycle doesnt repeat itself. Perhaps give him more clear/written instructions on how not to screw up? lol 
  • @sanpelligrino Lol. I’m a lawyer, so I really shouldn’t have to leave instructions for another lawyer. But, I left 7 pages of notes last time. Trying to figure out how to be more thorough this time. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Yup, nothing you can do then! :smile:
  • So.... it's not Wednesday anymore  but this just happened and it belongs on this thread. WTF to my coworker who came up and poked my belly and exclaimed, "Baby!" Loudly for all to hear. I'm freaking not even 5 weeks yet!
  • @Heliumgirl717 are we doing TP Thursday? I say we should! Yours is great for that! I would totally have throat punched her! 
  • @Heliumgirl717 Yeah. That’s terrible. WTF is wrong with people? Also, I tend to point out that people aren’t actually touching Baby this early as he/she is still behind the pelvic bone. Basically, you’re just touching my stomach, so that’s harassment. It’s worked for me before. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @ejoseph16 I know I'm a bit late here, but did you end up getting blood work done? I had a loss in March and when I called my doctor to let them know I was pregnant again I thought they would bring me in for some blood work to test my hcg levels or something. But when I mentioned that, they acted like I was crazy and just scheduled me for a slightly earlier appointment than normal- I'll be 6w4d.  My loss last time was around 7w so I'd really like to get some info earlier... is that normal?
  • @hartsmith2016 I did not end up getting bw done. I took another pregnancy test on Sunday and it was nice and dark 🥰 so I’m feeling a bit better about things. It’s normal to have that anxiety. If you feel you need it, call and have it done!