Weekly Check-In Group 2 (3/9-3/16) w/o 7/29

EDD/W+D: 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appts: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to doing before summer ends? 
Me: 33 | DH: 34
Married: October, 19, 2015
EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
EDD 11/24/23
(Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

Re: Weekly Check-In Group 2 (3/9-3/16) w/o 7/29

• Loading the player...
  • @miss.sally I’m sorry your MIL did that! I’d be frustrated too! As for maternity coat I’m not sure where you are located but for me in New England it was necessary! I just got a cheap one from Walmart (it was like $20) and it worked well enough. I didn’t really go out in the cold besides walking into work though. I’m nervous I might need a heavier one for playing with DS out in the snow this year. 
    EDD 11/24/23

• BOO Monday. Just Boo.

@varimama Good luck today! I am with you on not being the best mom and certainly not the best wife/caretaker. I’m also a horrendous employee right now (i.e. I’m on The Bump instead of doing work right now). Just remember, the second trimester is not that far away, and you’ll be your old self then!

@miss.sally Yes, the unisom + B6 amplifies my fatigue… I feel you on the nausea and exhaustion. I am SO grateful to feel it but still! And UGH to your MIL. The first offense, okay (and PS great and mature move to go to the bathroom to calm down), but the second? No, lady. Just no. And also “don’t go there” would irritate the sh*& out of me. Also I was due in January with DS and never needed a maternity coat. I squeezed into mine up until the very end!

@momoftoddlers So glad you are feeling better since the flare up!

_______

EDD/W+D: March 12th, 7 weeks + 4 days

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Team GREEN (if I can make it!)

Baby is the size of a(n): Brookesia Micra Chameleon (huh?)

Upcoming appts: First appointment August 9th at 9 AM. US and visit.

How are you feeling?:  Hmm… what a question! I have episodes of nausea every day and low grade nausea pretty much throughout the day. I seem to be throwing up once or twice a day, usually after I wait a long time to eat (not on purpose) and then eat. Also I’m just very, very, very tired. I am sure everyone can relate.

Rants/Raves: Rave: My mom and I took my 3.5 year old daughter to see Lion King yesterday, and it was so cute. She had a great time. Only her second movie in the theatre ever!

Questions: Not one right now... but once my anxiety takes its weekly shape, I'm sure I'll have something!

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to doing before summer ends? Gosh, this one is hard! I guess more pool days on the weekends with kids… I’m hoping to plan something fun for next spring or summer!

*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @EmilyLove25 Aww that sounds like fun. I saw the lion king last week. Thought they did a good job with it. 

@momoftoddlers So glad you are feeling better!

@miss.sally My winter coat is a little big on me already so I am hoping I can squeeze into it as long as I can. 

@varimama Good Luck at your appointment today! 

EDD/W+D: March 10th / 7w + 6d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Definitely finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry!

Upcoming appts: Just had my viability scan on Friday and everything looks great. Next appt. is on Aug.15th for NIPT. 

How are you feeling?: So exhausted and lots of back pain. 

Rants/Raves: DH took me to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child yesterday and it was amazing. We saw Parts 1 and 2 in the same day so it was a long day at the theater but well worth it. 

Questions: Anyone having trouble sleeping? I swear I feel like I am up all night tossing and turning these days.

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to doing before summer ends?: Definitely looking to get in some more pool time and head down the shore. We don't normally vacation during the summer months so we try to at least enjoy the pool and nice weather. 
  • @miss.sally I'd say it depends on where you live. I live about 15 minutes from Canada, and it's below zero here for about two months of the year. I invested in a winter maternity coat the first time and didn't regret it. I'll be doing it again!
    @momoftoddlers glad you're feeling better!

EDD/W+D: 3/12/20, 7+4 (that may change though based on my last US, we shall see!)

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry

Upcoming appts: I had my viability scan last week which went well. Next appointment is the regular first prenatal visit and US on 8/16.

How are you feeling?:  Tired. Migraine. Nauseous. You know... frist tri being first tri over here.

Rants/Raves: DH is going to tell his parents today, which is big. *TW Loss* given how many losses we went through before DD arrived, it feels scary for us to tell people. I'm proud of him for being able to be vulnerable.

Questions: Anyone have a favorite double stroller? I'm considering one for after this baby gets here, but don't want to break the bank either.

GTKY: I really want to take her to the lake to go swimming, but the algae blooms are killing that plan!
  • @WorkingOnMyNightCheese I plan to invest in a Bob Dualie. I loooooove my Bob stroller and there is NO way I can go back to a regular one. But I’ve also been searching marketplace for a used one and there are really great deals. You can get them for around $200 which is an amazing deal. 
  • jenEPjenEP member
    EDD/W+D: 8 weeks

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: green

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Upcoming appts: 8/9 and then again 8/27 for NT scan and genetic testing

How are you feeling?: horrible. haha. lots of nausea, dry heaving, and throwing up. 

Rants/Raves: Rant- DH is out of town and has been working way toooo much. Chasing the toddlers is a lot right now. 

Questions: none right now

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to doing before summer ends? July was a bust over here because I was by myself all month. We have two weekend trips planned in August, and I can't wait.
  • @varimama I hope your nausea lets up soon!  I can't imaging chasing a little one while feeling so crappy.  

@miss.sally I would have been irate if my MIL did something like that.  Why do people think this is ok??  My dad posted the first picture of DD when she was born (before I could) and I still get ragey when I think about it.
    About the coat:  I splurged and got a really cute one from A Pea in the Pod last time.  I'm feeling really lucky to get to wear it again, but it was so worth it to wear for even one pregnancy.  It's actually on sale right now!

@momoftoddlers So glad to hear that the IBS stuff is calming down.  Hopefully it will stay that way!

@RanFan28 are you feeling emotional about your kiddo going into Kindergarten?  I feel like I'll be a mess on the first day of school when the time comes. 

@EmilyLove25 and @stacey6689 I'm trying to squeeze in more pool days as well!

@WorkingOnMyNightCheese yay for positive viability scan!  It is such a relief to have that over with.

EDD/W+D:  3/12, 7+4

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out ASAP

Upcoming appts:  NIPT at 10 weeks, then ultrasound at 12 weeks just for piece of mind

How are you feeling?:  tired, emotional but otherwise just fine!  Oh, and headaches.  I've been getting pretty nasty headaches, especially at night.  I've been trying to lay off the Tylenol, but even when I take it, it doesn't seem to help.  

Rants/Raves: mine is just like @jenEP 's.  My husband is working 12+ hours a day, 7 days a week right now.  I miss him, plus I'm tired of doing everything around the house and with DD on my own.

Questions:  when is it reasonable to bust out the maternity clothes?  I feel really lumpy and unattractive right now.  I don't want to wear them too early though because it will be a dead give away and I'm not ready to announce to the world yet.

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to doing before summer ends?  Again, I'm really feeling you @jenep.  I've been pretty cranky about DH being so busy and not being able to do anything fun this summer.  I'm dreading the end of summer because I have to go back to work and I'd much rather stay home.  I'm hoping to get some projects done around the house - I've got waaaay too much stuff stuffed in our condo and would love to get rid of some stuff to make more room/less clutter.  I find getting rid of stuff stressful and would love the support of my husband.  
  • jenEPjenEP member
    @keeksie84 I also about close to busting out the maternity clothes. I don't have any regular pants that fit currently, so I'm into my dresses and rompers every day. Here's to hoping both of our husbands get some time off soon so we can enjoy the end of summer!
  • @mondo77 I’ve been rocking a maternity suit for about a week and a half now! My bloat is out of control. I also just ordered a new one and it came in yesterday and I LOVE it. We are going to the beach in a week and a half so I figured I needed more than one suit I could wear. 
  • @keeksie84 I’ve already gotten out my maternity shorts. They’re so much more comfortable. And I feel like if I wear a baggy shirt it isn’t a super giveaway. I’ve also been wearing a lot of dresses. 
  • @rs0806 10 weeks vs 12 weeks depends on the practice. If you are doing NIPT testing, some places will do it at 10 weeks. I do the Informaseq bloodwork, and they will do that at 10 weeks and 1 day (haha so dumb that they include a day). The NT ultrasound usually isn’t done until 12-13 weeks, I believe. At 12 weeks, the doppler can for sure get the heart rate in 90%+ pregnancies over the stomach, and at 10 weeks, they likely can in some but not as many… so? Obviously the baby grows astronomically week to week in these early weeks, so there is a lot of change, but I don’t think the appointment would be much different just that different testing can be done at each.

@mondo77 My US is scheduled 2 Fridays from today too and I’ll be 9 weeks. It is exciting!  Also, I feel you on the bloat!

*TW*

• EDD/W+D: 3/9, 8 weeks 2 days 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out. 

Upcoming appts: I had my last appointment at the fertility clinic this morning! My first ob appointment is 8/8

How are you feeling?: tired. So tired. Nauseous if I don’t eat regularly. And congested. My nose is leaking like a faucet. 

Rants/Raves: my best friend of 15 years just moved her wedding from mid-November to 10 days after my due date.  Her future MIL was upset because she thought more people would go to the wedding and skip thanksgiving the next weekend. I’m  so angry and upset. I was supposed to be her MOH, bought my dress last month. 

Questions: is it safe to do a saline rinse during pregnancy? Google gave mixed reviews. I emailed my OB but she hasn’t answered yet. 

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to doing before summer ends? I’m hoping to get to the shore! I haven’t been yet this year. 

@keeksie84 I am with you on the going back to work! I’m teaching kindergarten this year and really not looking forward to it! (I’ll be fine once school starts, I know.) 

@stacey6689 I feel like I’m tossing all night too! Not sure if it’s the naps I’ve been taking or the heat. I like to be cold when I sleep. 
  • @mondo77 That's a good idea! I have the citi mini now and love it.
  • @WorkingOnMyNightCheese I've said this so many times so shut me up if you don't want to hear it again. I had the Citi Mini GT with DD, so I almost bought the Citi Mini Double but opted for the Bob Duali Pro ONLY because I could also run with it and take it on more intense walks/hikes (the Citi Mini is not okay for jogging/running. Lord knows why not). I don't regret it but would also have loved the Citi Mini Double. I was told that the Duali "turns" better as well... but I mean... 

FWIW, I also had my FIL (he offered!) buy us the Citi Select with the Second Seat attachment because the kids sit front to back in that one so it is great if you are going to be in crowded spaces a lot (i.e. if you live in a big city). I use that one for museums, the zoo, concerts, festivals, but the Bob for going on actual walks. I use the Bob Duali way more but like both! 
    *TW*

• @miss.sally That is NOT okay. I would be all kinds of stabby and I would make sure that DH dealt with it. My MIL can be extra, but thankfully she has always been respectful of our requests on the baby announcement front. 

@phyllifish I'm really sorry about that whole situation. I would be so sad. Does you BF know that you are pregnant yet? I just can't imagine that she would do that to you! Ugh. The worst. 

@keeksie84 I've been really tempted to break out the maternity pants! My shirts are fine, but the shorts....woof. You do you, girl. AND, I am feeling a little bit emotional about Kindergarten, but we are sending him to a private school where he goes to the classroom 3 days a week and I homeschool 2 days a week. My training for the homeschool stuff isn't until the week before school, so right now I am just very anxious. I'm a planner so the limbo is killing me! But, I know on that actual first day, I'll be super sad...also probably extra emotional because pregnant. 

Me: 31 | DH: 33

DS1: 12.23.13 | DS2: 05.06.16

BFP: 06.30.19 | EDD: 3.9.20

**TW**
    TTC3: 11.18
    BFP: 02.05.19
    CP: 03.07.19
    *really traumatic recovery*

• @stassischroeder omg that is an excellent idea. I know DH won’t be on board, but maybe I’ll just keep it to myself for a while. Lol. Or maybe I can convince him to just keep it a secret from everyone. 😂  Also yay for you ultrasound tomorrow!!! Keep us posted. 
  • keeksie84keeksie84 member
    edited July 2019
    @phyllifish This will be my 7th year teaching and I still get so much anxiety about the school year starting.  I've already had some back to school nightmares.  It's even harder now that I have to leave my DD at home.  Just like you, I know it will be ok once the year gets going but the build up to it is the worst.  Speaking of the worst, that totally sucks about the wedding!  Does she know you're pregnant??  Is it too late for hear to adjust her plan somehow?

@RanFan28 That sounds like such a cool program! I'm interested to hear how it goes for you once you get started. I'm a planner too, so not having details until a week out would stress me out too. 
  • @varimama Agree with the others, and give yourself a break! It's not easy! I'm still feeling okay, but it's definitely much harder this time around with a kid to take care of.

@miss.sally That's so shitty of MIL. I agree with @stassischroeder and find a way to get some revenge! My MIL asked DH last week if I was KU. He lied, but it still irritated me because she should know she'd be one of the first to know WHEN WE ARE READY to tell people. 

Like @mondo77 I'm questioning when to bust out the maternity clothes, and like @WorkingOnMyNightCheese researching double strollers and if we'll actually use one. 

@phyllifish That sucks about the wedding. I'm sorry. Does your friend know you're expecting then?
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @MrsVP614 hope everything goes well for your FILs surgery. I’m sorry you’ve been stuck with them so long, I don’t think I could do it and I love my ILs but I just don’t like being around people that long 😬

I think we’ve decided on the Bob Dualie stroller. We love the single so much it’s hard to imagine not loving the double as well! Might also consider the Joovy caboose for doctors appointments and stuff where I need DS to stay seated but the dualie would be too big
    EDD 11/24/23

• For all the mamas asking about double strollers, I love my Joovy Scooter and it’s only $200, which is a good price compared to many others. I even saw one of the colors on sale for $150 on prime day so maybe Black Friday...

It also has a huge storage basket, and storage pockets for the parents and kids. It’s not for a newborn though. 
  • @stassischroeder I’m glad everything went well, even if you only got a crap picture to show for it. 😒 

**TW**

• @stassischroeder such good news! Sorry about the tech’s bedside manner though! 

Anyone know why some change the due dates and others don’t? I was measuring right along with ovulation about a week behind what LMP suggests but they decided to keep my LMP due date. I’ll still stay here bc I think my due date is correct lol 
    EDD 11/24/23

• @varimama she actually wasn't too bad. I was worried at first, but after I talked to her a bit and she realized that I'm a sensible, reasonable person she really warmed up. I think she's had some really bad experiences with bad OB outcomes. She was a Christina Yang personality type  :D  

I have no idea why some docs change due dates and other don't. I measured a couples days behind (although right on with O date) last time too, and they didn't change my due date. Honestly it seemed more that my RE used a different EDD calculation system, or read it wrong, and not that she changed my due date because of the ultrasound measurements. If I go off of my O date and how this bean measured today, my due date would be 3/15. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @stassischroeder So freaking awesome. 174 is AMAZING. I am so so happy for you! 

@varimama It's weird that some change dates, especially when it is like a day or two... like they know it's an estimation, right? My practice doesn't. I always say O dates trumps everything. ***TW*** that's how I KNEW something was wrong with my loss. She/he was measuring a week/then over a week behind and I was 99.9999999% of my O date and conception date. 
    *TW*

• EDD/W+D: 3/12/20 7w6d (I was originally in group 1 with an EDD of 3/5/20 but had an ultrasound today that bumped me back!)

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: we are finding it as soon as we can!

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry

Upcoming appts: had one today and am waiting for 11w to do my bloodwork for my next appt :)

How are you feeling?: really good! Some mild cramping and no appetite, but no nausea so I am feeling very lucky. 

Rants/Raves: RANT: how much I am having to pee all the time 🤪 RAVE: our new home is complete and we move on Friday 🎉

Questions: none right now ☺️

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to doing before summer ends? Just getting moved into our new home and getting the landscaping all taken care of before winter, then getting everything ready for baby in spring 🥰
  • EDD/W+D: March 13 / 7w5d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 💚

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry

Upcoming appts: Aug 14 (bloodwork/ultrasound)

How are you feeling?: The last couple of days have been pretty good with mild nausea + plus all the other stuff. Before that, I had a few days of feeling miserable. Symptoms can come in waves right? I barely had any day long nausea with my daughter, so this is new to me.

Rants/Raves: These vivid dreams are keeping me up all night! I'm really tired of sleeping poorly. 

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to doing before summer ends? Taking my toddler shopping for her preschool supplies  :) 
  • @stassischroeder Unfortunately, we will be graced with our MIL's presence as long as he's in recovery. She will be spending most of the time in the hospital, but DH has to drive her back and forth.  >:)  Glad you had a successful U/S! 

@aerie_star Yep on symptoms going and going. Lots of chatter about this on the symptoms thread, but they seem to be constantly changing for most.
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @sunflower_auryn Any updates from your appt? 

**TW**