March 2020 Moms

Spotting/Bleeding Support Thread (TW)

2»

Re: Spotting/Bleeding Support Thread (TW)

• @ruby696 I'm so sorry for your loss! Take care of yourself!  <3
  • @ruby696 *hugs* I'm so sorry.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had light pink spotting when I wiped a few days ago. I called my OBGYN the next morning and they seemed unconcerned and were “with another emergency” and would call me back by the end of the day. That didn’t sit well with me so I went to the ER. We found out that I am RH negative and they gave me the Rh shot to prevent my body from rejecting the baby, and diagnosed me with a threatened miscarriage. They checked everything and the baby looks great so that was a relief! Meanwhile, it’s been 3 days and my OBGYN never called me back. I am definitely thinking of switching after that experience!
  • @ruby696 I'm so sorry for your loss!
    | DH 29 - Me 26 - Married 2007 | 2 Kids - 2 Fur Babies | Baby #3 Due July 2015 |

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have just started bleeding, dark brown,**tw** just like my past MCs**tw**. I am so sad and disappointed and I just can’t stop asking myself why....
  • I’m so sorry @sanza241. My fx for you that it is for a totally normal reason! Be kind to yourself!
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @sanza241 FX for you. Have you called your OB?
  • projectaliceprojectalice member
    edited August 2019
    @sanza241 see if your ob will do a scan for you! It could be anything, don't assume it's over just yet.... Fx for you!
  • @sanza241 - Sending you positive energy!! Hope you are able to rest and relax until your appointment.
    BFP: 7/8/19
    EDD: 3/19/20

• *tw* I am having a MC and won’t be here with you ladies anymore. I wish all of you the best.
  • So sorry for your loss :(@sanza241
  • @sanza241 I am so unbelievably sorry. *hugs* <3 
  • I’m so sorry @sanza241
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Oh, @sanza241. I’m so sorry. Take care of yourself and give lots of space for healing. ❤️

Me: 31 | DH: 33

DS1: 12.23.13 | DS2: 05.06.16

BFP: 06.30.19 | EDD: 3.9.20

**TW**
    TTC3: 11.18
    BFP: 02.05.19
    CP: 03.07.19
    *really traumatic recovery*

• Hey ladies, no spotting or bleeding here, but Im not sure where else to post this as its not yet a "confirmed loss." DH and I went in for our first OB visit yesterday. We should be 8 weeks 4 days. Being a physician myself and having done plenty of OB ultrasounds I immediately knew something was wrong although the tech wouldnt comment at all. The baby was only measuring 6 weeks and there was no cardiac activity. Now Ive been ttc for almost a year when we got pregnant, I use the Ava bracelet, lh strips and cervical mucous to track, my cycles are clockwork ovulate day 12, cycle length 24 days.

Our ob said she's 60/40 that its a missed miscarriage vs  we could have our dates wrong. They did an hcg and we go back next week for a repeat ultrasound and hcg to determine what to do.

I guess my question is for you STMs, have you ever experienced this before? What was your outcome good or bad?

I just dont know how to feel, hopeful or defeated. I havent had super strong pregnancy symtoms other than fatigue and occasional breast tenderness/enlargement and I dont feel like those have changed. My gut and medical background tells me its over, my heart isnt ready to accept that yet.
  • @chartput Hugs to you. And ****TW**** I experienced something very similar, and it did not end well. Like you, I knew my dates pretty exactly, and I also knew something was wrong. I also hardly had any symptoms. I measured a week and a half behind on the first two scans and there was a weak HB. On the third scan, it had stopped growing without a heartbeat. I was vaguely hopeful at one point (no bleeding or cramping ever), but I also had a SENSE something was wrong (and I don't mean normal anxiety... a deep down sense). So it could go anyway... but I want to reassure you, I was able to get pregnant again quickly... and there were no negative effects on my body or fertility. I really hope your situation is different, and I hope you can find some light if it is not. 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @chartput (((TW: loss))) My story, like @EmilyLove25 has expressed above, doesn't end great. I am not a STM, but this is my 3rd PG (1 cp, 1 mmc earlier this year), & I had a similar experience as well, though we found out at our 2nd u/s it was an mmc. I think that when you're confident about your charting, it's easier to be sure whether you're the 60 or the 40, but if this was your first u/s, they don't have anything to compare it to. Take care of your heart! <3 I hope your experience winds up differently than ours did!
  • @sanza241 Oh no I'm so sorry! :( I was so hoping for good news for you.... :disappointed:
  • Hey guys- this morning I had some brown spotting. Nothing major- maybe a size of a nickel on a pad. It stopped and I've maybe had it twice while wiping since. I've had a couple MCs (plus a live birth) so I can't help but to assume that this is it.. but at the same time I feel great, and the amount and color didn't worry me. I'm hoping to go to the doctor Monday or Tuesday (possibly even Sunday for a rhogam shot) to get checked out.
  • @SDSwenson Good move on planning to do to the Dr. soon! I hope you can get some solace soon and that everything turns out fine.
  • @chartput ***tw**** Unfortunately my first preg ended in a missed miscarriage.  I was sure of my dates but when I went in for my first ultrasound they only saw a sac and a fetal pole.  I was temping at the time so I knew I was sure.  I felt like I was brushed off as having my dates wrong.  I was supposed to be 8 weeks I think.  They had me come back for another ultrasound and they found the baby measuring around 6 weeks with a heartbeat of 65.  The ob that was working that day told me that I could hold up hope but the heartbeat was too low.  I went in the following week to track progress.  At that time, the heartbeat was gone and I was diagnosed with a mmc. 

I am so sorry you are going through this.  It is so unfair.  Allow yourself time to grieve and mourn.  Take care of yourself. 
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• Started some light bleeding on Friday. I spent all day yesterday in the ER bc it became heavier. They said everything looks fine and my cervix is probably just irritated.
    This morning I'm bleeding a ton but the nurse said it still just looks like irritation bleeding.
    I saw the baby's heartbeat on the ultrasound so that gave me some hope
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ruemcclanahan I have so much hope for you!
  • I was married this Friday and was pretty active and maybe a little dehydrated during the pictures.  I the tiniest bit of pink spotting when we went back to the hotel which upset me.  I am RH- so went to the ER that night for a shot of rhogam just in case, but they did an ultrasound and could see the babies heart beat!  Our 8 week ultrasound is scheduled for this Friday and I was told to take it easy until then.

The spotting has stopped but I'm nervous about being too active now.  They gym is a big part of my "pregnancy plan".  Does anyone else spot as a result of physical exertion?  I am less worried since we saw a heart beat, but I'm still feeling anxious in general as I don't really have a ton of symptoms.

@projectalice your description perfectly describes my symptoms as well, pushing myself a bit too hard, maybe some dehydration and seeing the lightest peach color.  
    Me (30) | DH (29)
    Married 8/02/2019
    EDD 3/18/20 <3
  • @chartput I am so, so sorry. 
    *TW* like @EmilyLove25 and @kagesstarshroom, I had an almost identical experience to you. No heartbeat at the first u/s is devastating. I hope you get positive news at your next appointment, but if not I would say just take each next step one piece at a time. My OB and the support group we joined kept saying to me the only “right” way to move forward is whatever feels right for you. Allow yourself that space as much as you can, and just keep telling yourself that acting on what you need (emotionally, physically, whatever) is NOT selfish, but is the first baby steps toward healing. 

It didn’t get better, but accepting our MMC has gotten easier and we’ve been able to find some peace. We are all thinking of you and sending positive vibes for this next part of your experience. 💜💜💜
  • @merle89 when it happened I drank more water than I normally would (I never drink enough to begin with) and I took it easy. Laid in bed most the rest of the day. Took it easy the next day too just to be sure and it was gone. Hasn't come back yet. 
  • I had spotting over the weekend, and Monday and went in, got a rhogam shot and U/S. Was able to see the heartbeat! Skip to this AM, I woke up with gushing blood and went straight to urgent care. Still a heartbeat. I was diagnosed to a subchorionic hemorrhage. They usually resolve on their own but sometimes can cause miscarriages. I'll be seen again Monday.
  • @SDSwenson Yay for the heartbeat!!  I hope the hemorrhage heals itself ASAP because that sounds scary and unpleasant.  I'm so sorry you're dealing with that!  I'm sure all will be fine, but FX for good news Monday!