Group 1 Check-in (12/1-12/8) w/o 7/29

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is something you wish you were good at or talented at? 

Re: Group 1 Check-in (12/1-12/8) w/o 7/29

• Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 21w5d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: pink!

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut 

Upcoming Appointments: 8/12 for 24 week checkup 

How are you feeling?: so tired (and subsequently irritable) because i can’t sleep through the night!! between not being comfortable laying on my side, arranging 5 different pillows just to get into a sort of comfy position and getting up to pee 3 times a night, sleep is rough. ugh. i miss a good all night sleep. i also still have back and hip pain :/ 

Rants/Raves: *rant* why do people think it’s suddenly acceptable to comment on a woman’s body size when she’s pregnant? this week alone i’ve had different people tell me i look too small to be 21 weeks and another say look big for 21 weeks! literally a day apart. like wtf, shut up? let the dr be the judge on all of that. as if it’s not awkward enough for me to deal with/dress my growing bump and changing body... i don’t need your random, uneducated opinion!! especially if you’re a man. (can you tell i’m irritable? lol)

Questions: any sleep suggestions.... please send my way. also curious what movements feel like to each of you? they are still pretty soft for me but getting a bit stronger. curious how, how often and where you are feeling?

GTKY: What is something you wish you were good at or talented at?  i wish i could play an instrument really well! i took piano as a kid but never stuck with it. 

• @moonriver_and_me Movements have definitely been getting stronger and (fortunately) a little higher up!  I would estimate that I'm feeling something every few hours.  I know they say that the baby is sleeping 10-12 hours at a time like they do when they're born, but I feel like I get way more shifting around than every 10 hours.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/1 and 22W1D

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:  Pink <3

Baby is the size of a(n):  Eggplant according to Pregnancy+ :)

Upcoming Appointments:  This Thursday for 22 week check-in with my OB/GYN.  

How are you feeling?:  Also extremely exhausted!  Also still having a hard time adjusting to how I should eat with my uterus expanding and feeling like it's pressing into all of my internal organs so much.  Digestion seems slow, too.  I just feel backed-up!  Also, my lower back is bugging me today- I had a heavy work weekend, and I'm worried I lifted or twisted in some weird way.  Ugh.  

Rants/Raves:  Rant- what's up with the sizing on the Bump site?  It's such a load of CRAP!  After being told yesterday that my baby was as big as a football and weighed in at about a pound, today I'm told that my baby is as tall as a pencil.  I don't have any football length pencils at my house!  Rave- my daughter has a birthday party this weekend, and I decided to order for pick-up at Target so we don't have to wander around the store forever.  Some technology is so nice!          

Questions:   Not too much at the moment!  How is everybody's bump developing?  In the morning when I'm more "empty", I can definitely feel the firm bump in there.  At night, it's lost under a lot of bloating and daily exhaustion :P

GTKY: What is something you wish you were good at or talented at?  I wish I was good at painting or illustration.  I've never been much of into drawing, but I think it would be really theraputic now! 

• Loading the player...
  • Update- my back is GONE!  I’m preparing to teach a yoga class in about 1/2 an hour, I think mostly by speaking instructions.  I think this is the relaxin hormone kicking in, plus my inability to stop lifting and twisting as I normally do, especially when I’m at work.  This sucks!  I’m really hormonal today, too, tears have been spilling out of me for numerous other reasons.  Ridiculous pregnancy 🤰😛
  • @cpk3535 oh no, sorry to hear about your back!  Take it easy, mama!  Maybe it's time to let the guys at work step it up and give you a break on the heavy work!  I haven't felt a bump but my whole belly feels much firmer and tighter these days.
    @moonriver_and_me not being able to sleep is the worst!  I'm not normally a side sleeper and I've been trying to train myself to get comfortable that way.  But then I never know what to do with my left arm to keep comfy.  It always feels awkward or squished.  As for movement, I dont tend to notice it during the day when I'm active, but I feel her kicking around in there every night after dinner and while relaxing on the couch.  Usually before bed, too.  It mostly feels like little muscle twitches, but once in a while I feel a little thump.  I don't think it can be felt from the outside yet.
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 21w4d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): I'm also confused about this.  Endive?  Starbucks Trenta cup?

Upcoming Appointments: 24 wk OB and glucose test on 8/20

How are you feeling?:  A little worn out, but mostly good.  My belly is getting quite large and beginning to be a bit cumbersome.  Getting up from laying down and bending over are more challenging.  I get heartburn, mostly when I eat something unwise, but so far it's minor enough that Tums does the trick. 

Rants/Raves:  I'm not feeling too ranty nor ravey tonight.  Pretty even keeled at the moment.  I haven't been super emotional, but I should note that I take an antidepressant, so that may be what is keeping me stable!  Without it, I would probably be a nervous wreck all the time.  So maybe this is a rave for my antidepressant, after all😄

Questions: Anyone noticing swelling yet?  So far it's just a little in my hands if I walk a lot in the heat, and one of my ankles swells slightly from an old injury if I'm on my feet a lot.  Anyone order a breast pump yet?  I just started the process with Aeroflow.  It seems super easy; they contact your insurance and doctor to take care of the logistics.

GTKY: What is something you wish you were good at or talented at?  Sometimes I wish I were better at hiding my emotions and opinions.  My face always gives it away and it gets me in trouble sometimes.  But I've never been accused of being fake.🤷‍♀️

• @blueskychicago12 You’re so lucky to be on an antidepressant (just kidding... sort of! 😉).  My medicine for epilepsy is actually a depressant if you can believe that, to slow the “electricity” of the brain down, theoretically causing less seizures.  While I like the medicine I’m on more than the one I used to be on, I’m more aware of how emotional I am all the time!  

Also, I survived class, just barely!  Luckily I went, because my group tonight was great (and a big turnout)!  I just couldn’t do certain moves at all without wincing in pain 😛. Getting ready to take my daughter’s kids Motrin tonight- maybe that will relax my back a little bit, as if sleeping while pregnant isn’t enough of a challenge!  Haha 😆 
  • @cpk3535 I’m glad your back cooperated for your class! I was going to the chiro every week before I got pregnant and some days moving a certain way brings tears to my eyes. 

@moonriver_and_me I’ve had some sharp movements here and there but mostly weird twitches and vibrations. He moves constantly some days and others I may feel him in the morning and not again until dinner. I’ve also struggled with the comments about my body, I want to throat punch people sometimes! 

@blueskychicago12 My ankles have been swelling in the heat for the last month or so but I’ve noticed my fingers look like sausages everyday too. Super flattering.
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 20w5d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): Toothbrush? Wtf is up with these sizes?!

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday for my 22 week checkup 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. My stomach is so tender and seems a lot worse at nice so I’m not sleeping that well which has me feeling run down.

Rants/Raves: I started out the pregnancy with 2 pairs of jeans and 2 pairs of denim shorts. I’m on the verge of outgrowing them already and I’m highly annoyed at the thought of buying more over priced shorts to use for another month or so. 

Questions: Is anyone else still struggling with skin issues? It’s gotten a little better but I’m always rocking at least 2 good sized zits and I’m over it. 

GTKY: What is something you wish you were good at or talented at? Doing my hair. Superficial but it’s either air dried and put up or flat ironed. I’d love to master the wand or pretty beach waves.

• Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/8    21 weeks, 2 days

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Blue 

Baby is the size of a(n): baseball hat

Upcoming Appointments: Next appointment is 8/6 and I know it'll be with the nurse practitioner since my doctor is out of town. 

How are you feeling?: This week I've been having more body aches, but I'm thinking they are heat related.   I'm working on pushing more fluids to see if that helps. 

Rants/Raves: I'm ready to feel this baby moving around more. I'm sure I'll regret saying that in a few weeks, but I love feeling baby kicks and punches and feel like it's taken a while this third time around to feel baby movements.  

Questions: 

GTKY: What is something you wish you were good at or talented at? I would love to be a really good singer and would love to be willing to perform knowing I am a good singer. 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • k_mama91  I'm also experiencing the skin issues.   I always hear the old wives tales that women pregnant with boys are glowing and have great skin.   So far 2/3 pregnancies (all boys) my skin has been horrible. 

blueskychicago12 I get some swelling when out in the heat, but I was think it's more heat related than pregnancy swelling related at this point.    My OB office will write a script for a pump during the last few weeks of pregnancy but with my insurance we can't fill the script until we have delivered.   That was my annoyance with last time because that ended up being baby's first outing was to the home medical supply store to pick up a breast pump.  At the hospital with my first it was the same way, but it was one of the prescriptions they would fill while you were still admitted so you would walk out of the hospital with the breast pump. 

@cpk3535    I feel like I have a watermelon forming right below my bellybutton, and not the seedless circle ones but the regular rectangle ones.    I have friends tell me that I am barely showing for being over halfway done and then I have my mother-in-law who tells me I am nothing but baby bump this pregnancy.  

@moonriver_and_me  The movements I've felt mainly feel like little flutters under the skin or feel like a muscle twinge without the pain. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @k_mama91 ooh, I vote for hair styling for my “I wish” talent, too!!  I love my natural color, but I know that’s going to come to an end fairly soon.  My hair always frizzes being dense red hair, so I wish I could do the beach waves look, too.  So pretty 😊

@allison_smith_6212 The watermelon shape is a great analogy for what I feel in the morning.  I lose that shape in the evening due to bloating 😛 I’m starting to feel baby moving and kicking side to side a little bit more- she’s getting active in there!

@blueskychicago12 I’m curious how my medical insurance works on the breast pump, too.  They’re pretty strict with their stupid rules so that people don’t skip out on bills and equipment.  My hospital stay for my first baby ended really strangely, when I personally had to literally hobble downstairs to the lobby to settle up our bill before they would release our daughter.  My husband tried, but for some stupid reason, they wouldn’t allow him to.  ?!?!?  Because of that, I’m expecting not to get my hands on a breast pump until at least after delivery.  They need proof that you really had a baby, you scam artist!!  😛

Update on back pain- poor baby and I had to sleep on my back almost all night, because I really couldn’t move much at all.  I hope it was safe to do that!  I know the blood flow to you and baby is a concern, but I didn’t know what else to do!  To top that off, my work (a retail business that my parents own) was robbed last night, keeping us up for a good two hours from about 3 to 5 in the morning.  Just one of those fun times!  

• My husband has kindly informed me that I have begun snoring majorly.  This is new, so I blame pregnancy.
    @k_mama91 I almost never broke out pre-pregnancy, had some breakouts during the first trimester, and then almost felt like maybe I had a hint of a glow at the start of the second trimester because my skin was looking good!  But it was very short lived because now I am breaking out again.  I also keep reading on these apps about unwanted hair growth in unusual places and I'm getting paranoid about that.  I'd love to skip out on that side effect!
    @cpk3535 @allison_smith_6212 I had heard from others about insurance not providing a breast pump until after birth; however, I recently (maybe 2 days ago) filled out the online information with Aeroflow.com and they verified my insurance and faxed a prescription request to my doctor.  I got an email this morning saying that my pump is on the way via FedEx!  Maybe it's different for everyone depending on your insurance, but I would definitely recommend giving Aeroflow a try because I found the process to be as smooth as could be.  Although, I suppose I should wait until the pump actually arrives before I speak too soon....🤞
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 22 weeks

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 💙

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut 

Upcoming Appointments: 8/14

How are you feeling?: mentally and emotionally, things are good to day. I’m so exhausted though!

Rants/Raves: The last week and a half have been so rough. Being diagnosed with vasa previa has been really hard, but as of yesterday I have been feeling more like myself. I haven’t cried as much the past 2 days. I found a Facebook group of women who have also been diagnosed or have in the past. I’ve seen more positives than anything and have really realized how truly lucky we are to have had this diagnosed when we did. Still counting down the days until I’m hospitalized at 32 weeks. I’ll really feel like we’ve made it then! I’m really missing “loving” on my husband. I’m on total pelvic rest, no “Os” either, until baby is born. My libido is through the roof right now 😬🙃

Questions: 

GTKY: What is something you wish you were good at or talented at? Singing! I’m so tone deaf 😂

• @cpk3535 I've had more back pain recently too! Sorry to hear about yours. No fun. 

@k_mama91 I'm not breaking out this time but last time with my boy my skin was the absolute worst it's ever been. I actually started suspecting it might be a girl this time because my skin was so much better than the last pregnancy. 

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12-4/22w

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut? Pencil? 500-ct bottle of ibuprofen 600mg? Has the pencil ever been sharpened and does it have an eraser? I don't even know. 

Upcoming Appointments: next Wednesday

How are you feeling?: I think the nausea is *knocks on wood* basically gone at last. I've felt mostly good this past week and have been cleaning a lot. Nesting maybe? 

Rants/Raves: Rant and Rave: DS has definitely been embracing his toddler side recently and fighting us on EVERYTHING. Tonight he actually went through his bedtime routine fairly smoothly and there were no tears when I put him in his crib! For the first time this week! He usually loves going to bed but this week he has been in hysterics when I put him in his crib. And the dog's resistant-bacteria-infected injury has finally healed over thanks to 2 weeks of her fancy antibiotics. No more cone of shame! Tonight was really nice! 

Questions: anyone else noticing major RLP during basic exercise (i.e. walking) or am I just that out of shape? I've been noticing much more this week. 

GTKY: What is something you wish you were good at or talented at? Something athletic or cleaning? Either would be nice. 

• Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 22w4d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 💗

Baby is the size of a(n): Endive

Upcoming Appointments: 8/12

How are you feeling?: Feel good. I had awful round ligament pain every time I moved on Sunday, but thankfully that’s gone now.

Rants/Raves: I had an ultrasound today, and I am pretty sick of this terrible sonographer. My doctor’s office has a few that are all great, but the last few times I’ve gone I got this one sonographer whom I do not like because she rushes. Today when I went in, she didn’t say one word about what she was looking at, didn’t show the baby’s face or head, and then tried to say we were done without giving me a single photo! I had to ask to get even one photo of my baby! Ughhhh I really, really don’t like this woman’s sonograms 😡

Questions: anyone else starting to feel like their baby is a kick boxer? I feel her bumping around inside there *all day* long.

GTKY: What is something you wish you were good at or talented at? Piano. I always wanted piano lessons as a kid.

• @nothingbuttherain The RLP has been getting bad for me, too!  I think the little watermelons are really starting to push out on that area of our bodies.  With my back thrown out, my RLP has kicked it up a notch trying to compensate.  I’m feeling better than yesterday, but it’s definitely still mending.  I’m using my arms a lot since my back and my front are so unusable!  Ugh 😑 
  • @baby_love7 I’m glad your vasa previa is going along safely and was diagnosed early on.  Sorry it’s keeping you from sex!  That part is miserable... 😛
  • @blueskychicago12 I ordered my pump yesterday with Aeroflow, it was really easy. They sent the script to my doctor for confirmation and I was wondering if you gave yours a heads up beforehand? We’ve discussed pumps and initially I was going to go with one provided at the hospital but decided to go this route. Just wondering if I should let him know that’s coming his way.
  • @k_mama91 no, I didn't give my doctor a heads-up.  I go to a large practice, and I figured they are probably quite used to getting these request faxes all the time, so I didn't figure it was necessary.  Which pump did you pick?
  • @blueskychicago12 My practice is fairly small so I probably should’ve given the heads up but I forgot today, oops. I went with the Spectra S2. I know Medela is supposed to be “the” pump to get but I read good things about the Spectra and liked that it was a closed system. What did you get?
  • @baby_love7 I’m glad things are getting a bit better for you emotionally. My doctor said no sex at my appointment today 😭 I feel your pain!
  • @k_mama91 I also wanted a closed system - it seems like it will be much easier to clean and therefore save me time!  I went for the Motif Luna.  It's great that Aeroflow has so many reviews to read for each pump - so helpful!  Today the accessories I ordered arrived  (extra collection containers and storage bags), but no pump yet.
  • @cpk3535 my bump changes throughout the day too! there are some moments where i feel it and it’s hard and round and others where it seems to be more hidden beneath. but it definitely popped in the last week or so. @blueskychicago12 i’ve noticed some swelling in my feet this week, and walking or standing for long periods makes it worse, but it’s also very hot here! @k_mama91 so annoying about clothing! i’ve had the same issue with a pair on jeans i purchased early on. have you tried poshmark for used maternity? sometimes there are great finds.
  • @blueskychicago12 Their website is very user friendly. The package I bought had extra bottles and a cooler pack which was a random piece of gear(?) I got last time and used so much. 

@moonriver_and_me There is a Clothes Mentor about 30 minutes away that I plan on looking at first. They have a maternity section and I had decent luck there last time. Not having shorts that fit is not an option at this point, I’m so uncomfortable!
  • @k_mama91 if it's reassuring, I got the Spectra S2 last time and don't have any complaints. I liked the closed system aspect and thought it worked well, plus the flanges fit on the Avent bottles we used, which was convenient. 
  • @nothingbuttherain That’s great! All of my mama friends have gone with Medela so Ive yet to ask and get an honest answer on the S2. The fact that it fits the Avent bottles is a big plus, that’s what we plan on using.
  • People keep asking me how many months pregnant I am.  Does anyone know how the weeks officially break down to months?  I found some conflicting info online.
  • @blueskychicago12 I've had people confused by weeks, too. Do the months not just break down 4wks/month? I guess that makes the entire pregnancy 10 months...is the 9 month pregnancy just a myth?
  • @blueskychicago12 I hate that question, I always feel stupid not knowing the answer. I just give weeks and they can do the math.
  • On the What to Expect app, it shows that the months are broken up really weird- like some are 4 weeks long and some are 5 weeks.  I don’t know!  I agree @k_mama91, let them figure it out on their own!  It’s not like there’s a protocol for what you’re supposed to look like during a certain month...
  • Mine are mainly flutters, and an occasional “pop” feeling. Still not very frequent but doc says it’s fine. Hoping this means she’s a calm baby!