Weekly Check-in Group 4 (3/25-3/31) w/o 7/29

EDD/W+D: 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appts: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to doing before summer ends? 
Me: 33 | DH: 34
Married: October, 19, 2015
EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
EDD 11/24/23
(Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

Re: Weekly Check-in Group 4 (3/25-3/31) w/o 7/29

• EDD/W+D: 28/03, 5w+5d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: wont be finding out, team green

Baby is the size of a(n): ? I didnt look . 

Upcoming appts: 
    first appt with doctor is this friday .. 

How are you feeling?: 
    mostly ok, a little terrified and anxious, my first was a cs and I feel like it's just spoilt this experience too 

Rants/Raves: 
    -
    Questions: 
    -
    GTKY: What are you most looking forward to doing before summer ends?
    I live in Australia so it's currently winter here. and I dont think this question applies. my daughters 2nd birthday is in spring tho (Oct) and we are working on finishing some yard projects before then ready for the summer and growing season to kick off so that's a similar time frame  
  • EDD/W+D: 3/27 5w3d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: definitely finding out! I'm so impatient it's ridiculous.

Baby is the size of a(n): lavender bud

Upcoming appts: first midwife appt is next friday, 8/9. I'll be 7w that day.

How are you feeling?: I'm feeling like utter garbage. Yesterday was DS's birthday party and I puked multiple times while family was over. I was super sick into the 2nd tri with DS so I don't know why i thought i could avoid it this time.

Rants/Raves: My baby boy is 3 years old today, cue the ugly tears. I swear yesterday he was still my itty bitty newborn! I feel guilty for being at work on his birthday, but he got to take cupcakes with him to daycare and we'll do something fun this afternoon.

Questions: nope

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to doing before summer ends? Going to the zoo! We just haven't gotten around to it yet but we need to take DS. 
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/W+D: 4 + 5, April 1

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): poppy seed

Upcoming appts: had second betas this morning, U/S on friday!!

How are you feeling?: little dizzy... my acne though is horrific and putting me in a bad mood. 

Rants/Raves: pretty even steven today honestly 

Questions: nah

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to doing before summer ends? I have a few trips coming up so I am very excited for those - including a girls trip to Nola :)
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• nwshaynwshay member
    EDD/W+D: March 26th- 5+4

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: we haven't decided! 

Baby is the size of a(n): no 2 pencil eraser

Upcoming appts: I have a phone visit Aug 9th and an in person visit on Aug 20th

How are you feeling?: Pretty well. Tender breasts, I feel like my legs feel tired all the time, which is kind of weird, and a little queezy if I haven't eaten in awhile or if I eat too much. So tired

Rants/Raves: I hate that my doctor's offic takes so long to get women in after they find out they'repregnant. I wish they would at least do blood draws. I think with my last pregnancy t
    I insisted since it was following two losses. 

Questions: anyone else getting this tired leg thing? Or weakness in the legs I guess? It's at the end of the day and it feels like I've gone hiking or something

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to doing before summer ends? Just hanging out with my girl. We've been having so much fun. I guess I'll see her just as much once summer ends, but we've had a lot of outside time which has been great. 
  • EDD/W+D: 5w4d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): peppercorn 

Upcoming appts: first appt and ultrasound is 8/9

How are you feeling?: the nausea is creeping in this week but it’s mostly manageable with frequent meals and snacks. Once my stomach gets empty I start feeling sick. 

Rants/Raves: these hormones suck! The mood swings and feeling funky are not my favorite. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to doing before summer ends? Even though we still have a ways to go before it’s over, my kiddos go back to school in just over a week, which always feels like the true end of summer for me. I’m actually pretty burnt out on summer activities since we’ve done so much over summer break and I’m so ready for fall. 
  • akak23akak23 member
    EDD/W+D: March 27th, 5w 4d

Team Finding Out: I already know he’s a boy(!) from IVF PGS testing

Baby is the Size of: peppercorn

Upcoming Appts: My first US is next Monday, 8/5

How are you feeling?: I’m feeling totally fine other than some pink spotting last night, freaked me out! Calling my doctor today.

Rants/Raves: Trying not be too scared and anxious about everything! 

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to doing before summer ends?: My DH and I still have a few trips planned and I am most excited to go to Ireland since I’ve never been before! Isn’t until the 18th of August so I have 3 weeks to wait to be excited :)

I love getting to know all of you and share this experience together! 
  • EDD/W+D: 3/27/20 5wks + 4

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: impatiently waiting to find out!

Baby is the size of a(n): pencil eraser 

Upcoming appts: BD on 8/1, 1st US on 8/14

How are you feeling?: Boobs are still sore and very hungry all day. Constipated too. Still waiting to feel more pregnant.

Rants/Raves: Trying to stick to an exercise routine has been so hard recently, can’t tell if I’m really extra tired or if I’m just using pregnancy as an excuse lol

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to doing before summer ends? We are taking a trip to Maine over Labor Day weekend, and I’m so excited because I’ve never been!
  • @creativesoul63 exercise is so hard right now - I think it is totally fair to blame it on pregnancy exhaustion!
    @akak23 so jealous of your ireland trip!! i want to go so bad. are you on any progesterone suppositories? that could be causing the spotting
    @mommytimesfour I'm ready for fall too - i need the temps down below 80! 
    @SDSwenson you could ask your PCP for blood work for confirmation purposes! Most will just put the order in for you. 
    @hellobabys I'm sorry you're so sick already! fx it gets better soon
    @foxaírt it's crazy to think that you're experiencing winter there! 

**tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• EDD/W+D: 3/28 based on LMP

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): M on an M&M

Upcoming appts: first appt. and ultrasound on 8/15

How are you feeling?: shocked (let’s just say this was a surprise!), exhausted, anxious, hungry all the time yet slightly averse to food, bloated...basically I feel pregnant

Rants/Raves: The mood swings and exhaustion are next level this time. I don’t remember it being this bad last time (though, that could be the passage of time. It’s been six years since I was last expecting.) I’m just constantly worried that there will be problems due to me being 42. Argh!

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to doing before summer ends? Napping! I’m a teacher and my daughter is at day camp for the next week and a half. I need to sleep now while I have quiet at home and no classes to teach.
  • akak23akak23 member
    @chichiphin yes and you were right! I spoke with my nurse and she said the combo of progesterone suppositories and PIO intramuscular shots causes spotting in 95% of her patients (IVF) because it irritates the cervix. So in case someone else is in the same boat, now you know too - don’t freak :)
  • EDD: 3/26 based on LMP

Team Finding Out: YES! Can't wait but my DH says no to the early blood test and to just wait until the anatomy scan. 

Baby is the size of: lavender bud (which I stole from @hellobabys because I love that so much more than sesame seed)

Upcoming appt: 8/9, very excited!

How are you feeling? Nauseous and so dang tired all the time

Rant/rave: We've been going through childcare hell this month and we've been busy! Between a destination wedding, in laws staying and neighbors staying at our place I'm completely wiped. Plus having that many people over means more people than I would like know what I'm pregnant. I love all of them and definitely would have told them but, like, not at 4 weeks. Looking forward to being just the three of us this weekend. 

Questions: With my last birth my daughter had a lot of trouble breastfeeding right away. The hospital lactation consultant even called her lazy because she just couldn't latch! She ended up needing formula supplementation because she wasn't urinating; it was scary. I had an epidural (and LOVED IT) but now I'm worried that her not latching could have been an effect of the drugs? Am I nuts?

GTKY: We booked an Air BNB on the beach at the end of August while DD's daycare is on break. I can't wait! Summer reading will be over and I can just breathe for a bit before dealing with back to school programming. (I'm a children's librarian.)
  • EDD/W+D: 5w/4d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: not finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): BB Gun Pellet

Upcoming appts: Aug 14, intake with my OB

How are you feeling?: Fine, status quo honestly. 

Rants/Raves: None at the moment. 

Questions: Nope. 

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to doing before summer ends? My parents are coming to visit labor day weekend... so I guess I am looking forward to summer ending... 
  • did you have her checked for ties? by someone who is experienced in them, most GPS or midwives or nurses arent . ties can effect feeding efficiency and latch, eating as well as speach and dental , they can be minor or quit problematic.  
    just a possibility as to why you may of had latching problems 
  • @foxaírt  Yes, that was one of the first things I asked about, but the lactation consultant said it definitely wasn't a tie. She was able to feed perfectly normally after the first week or so; we just had to keep an eye on how much she was urinating. 
  • EDD/W+D: unsure! According to my LMP it’s march 18, but I ovulated late on July 2, so I think it’s March 25, 6 W 1d. I’ll find out for sure tomorrow at first US!

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out!!

Baby is the size of a(n): Maine Blueberry!

Upcoming appts: first US is tomorrow (can’t wait!) and first midwife appointment is August 8!

How are you feeling?: exhausted!! And hungry all the time. I’ve already gained 10 lbs, and I’m only 5 ft tall. my appetite is so huge!! I do feel nauseous but no sickness yet.

Rants/Raves: renovating my new house is coming to an end and we are moving this weekend! It’s been so hard to keep energy levels up with my high demand job and the House renos (got to check in on the house everyday after work). Can’t wait to move but our couch doesn’t get in until mid August so I’ll have no where comfy to sit. Also struggling to keep a sectret.  Soooo looking forward to telling my parents and good friends after the US! 

Questions:  I had my first doctor’s appointment with my GP and she said there was no point in blood test since I’d have to test betas every other day. She said the positive test and no period since June 12 means pregnant.  US will confirm. Anyone else have the same response? I understand her reasoning but I’m just curious since it’s my first pregnancy. US is tomorrow though!

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to doing before summer ends? Moving in and settling in! Spending time with DH!! 
  • @dunder_mifflin That seems so strange to me that they don't want to do blood work to at least test your beta hCG level, just to see if it's increasing.  At least your first US is tomorrow, though!  I am envious!  My first US is not until August 14th.  I feel like it's so far away, haha.
  • @Malidocious I think my doctor’s rationale was it would be a pain to go every couple of days so let’s to an US instead to confirm and see everything is okay. I guess that is not the norm, but 🤷🏻‍♀️  I had the US on Friday and we saw our little bean! Heart rate couldn’t be detected since it was too early but we saw the flicker (heartbeat) and the yolk sac. It was pretty amazing, but still doesn’t seem real since it was so tiny. I was right in my calculations, I’m mid-6 weeks :) ultrasound tech said they would email my doctor with the exact results and measurements so I have to wait 2 business days to hear back. 
  • @dunder_mifflin how exciting! Congrats on a good US :)
  • EDD/W+D: March 29, 6 weeks, today

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out. With an end of March due date and moving May 1, I'm going to want to purge what I can, if I'm having a boy, this time.

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea

Upcoming appts: Aug 17, for first midwife appt and ultrasound

How are you feeling?: fine. Sore boobs and hungry, but my family doesn't get sick and, like with my daughter, I'm not this time, either.

Rants/Raves: I had a miscarriage in June, discovered at my first ultrasound, when I was supposed to be 8+3, but the baby stopped developing at 5+3. So, I started feeling tense, this week, since it's when the last baby stopped developing and I'm paranoid about the chance of a dead child being inside me, still, for another 2 weeks, if that's what happens, since my body didn't start bleeding on it's own, last time.

Questions: 🤷‍♀️

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to doing before summer ends? Being able to tell my 3.5year old that she's going to be a big sister ❤
  • @akak23 thank you so much ☺️
  • EDD/W+D March 31 (really April 1, but OB put it at 3/31)

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: team green

Baby is the size of a(n): apple seed

Upcoming appts: Had first ultrasound today due to cramping. Getting a more thorough ultrasound next wednesday. Didn't have much idea of due date because I was on nuvaring. Oops.

How are you feeling?: TIRED! A little nauseous but can't complain yet, since I had HG last pregnancy. 

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to doing before summer ends?  We are going camping this weekend! First time for DS and DD who are 2 and 4.