January 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 7/22-7/28

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 7/22-7/28

• @valerie4786 it really is so great! Several of our group have met in person & im so jealous! My new years resolution this year was to meet at least one of our group but I couldnt convince dh to do a US trip this year & then being knocked up really scuppered it! But theres still potential that one of the ladies will be coming this way in october so we’re defs going to try make that happen!
  • @leprechaunlady that's exciting!  There are 2 other ladies from my group that live in Michigan but we haven't been able to coordinate a visit yet.  I was able to meet one other mom in person in Texas when I went down there for a conference.  But our group as a whole has had numerous mom meet ups by region that the ladies make if they're able to.  There are so many of them I'd love to meet in person but I haven't been able to swing it yet.
  • Loading the player...
  • @marebear15 Are you talking about the Sept 17 group? I was never even aware there was a FB group. Now I feel super unpopular. 
  • I’m definitely visiting @leprechaunlady, just gotta get through these Janubabies first! It’s such an easy flight from Boston. 
  • DS is finally almost over HFMD and all his sores are scabbing up. I was super nervous Thursday night because I had a fever. But Tylenol brought it down and the next day it was gone. Thought I was clear but I just started finding bumps all over my fingers. So this is awesome 🙄
  • @MrsJessS hopefully it’s not terrible for you and you get over it quickly!

Im probably behind on this, but I’ve discovered pink lady apples and they are amazing. Probably the best apple I’ve had. 
  • @xstatic3333 yay!!!
    Rachel is potentially coming to germany with her husband in october for a work trip & were trying to coordinate that she can come to me for a few days whilst hes at the conference or else they both come when its over! Really hoping it works out!!
  • @MrsJessS Oh no! Hope it goes away super quick and doesn’t cause you much discomfort.

@kbrown2385 pink lady apples are amazing. Have you ever tried 
  • @MrsJessS oh no! Really hope it's a very mild case for you. 
  • @MrsJessS oh no, I’m so sorry you’re having to deal with HFMD! I caught a really nasty version last year from DD and felt like my hands and feet were on fire. Had to fly cross country for a wedding right at the peak of it and was in agony. Every time I hear people brush it off as something that just kids get I am quick to correct them. 🙄
  • Thanks y’all. I’m super itchy and self conscious about the bumps on my face but it could be worse. 

@EmilyE13 yes! People are like oh it’s no big deal. I’m like ummm actually it gave me a fever and I barely remember Thursday afternoon 🙄  Also I feel like my finger nails are going to pop off if I touch them. So itchy and painful. And so many adults I know have gotten it from their kids. MH has it a little too. It’s ridiculous 
  • @MrsJessS I don’t want to gross you out, but I did end up losing a few nails as a result of my bout with it. I think it’s because the HFM blisters can form in your nail bed so it causes separation. They didn’t come off until several weeks later, but I also had to deal with super peely skin afterward, too. HFM suuuuucks. Feel better soon!
  • @MrsJessS:# I'm so sorry that DS gave you his HFM. I'm hearing more and more cases of parents getting it from their kids, so it definitely isn't a kid's only illness any more. Hopefully it's a mild case and you recover quickly!

@EmilyE13 - We only had a little over 30 members in the original group, and if I remember correctly, they had to be active enough. I think we combed the last 2-3 Weekly Randoms threads, so if you had dropped off at that point, then we probably missed you. 
  • @MrsJessS I had to Google HFMD because I had no idea what you all were talking about. Looks icky. Hope you recover soon! 
  • @marebear15 hmm, only looking through the last few weekly random threads seems like you would end up missing a lot of people. Who decides who gets an invite to the Facebook group? I guess I just figured a thread would be started about it and people would just comment if they wanted to be added. I guess I could see how it needs to be a little more selective as I certainly do see random people that pop in every few weeks, post about themselves and then disappear again. 
  • @EmilyE13 oh Lordy. I was wondering about this though because yesterday I felt like there was so much pressure under my thumb nails. It’s better today but yesterday I swore it felt like they were going to explode off! @marebear15 thanks. It's crazy that it’s still considered a kids thing when there are sooo many adults who get it too. I seem to be better today so I’m hoping it’s a good sign
  • @peppyj9 - Oh, I didn't mean we would do it that way here. Sep 17's weekly randoms were a lot more active and that's where the majority of the posting happened. This one I feel we more stick to the designated threads.