February 2020 Moms
Options

TW Tuesday!

Who or what is a twat waffle this week?

Re: TW Tuesday!

• Options
    I will start. My father in law is a major TW, he told my husband that if I was working again I wouldn't have gotten knocked up.  Like are you serious you ignoramus?  This is the same man that told my husband a few months ago that he was mad at me but wouldn't tell him why over the phone but would in fact say if I wasn't a woman he would "punch my lights out".......... come to find out it was because my 4 year old told him that I said I would sell her on Etsy if she didn't stop screaming in the grocery store. So all I can say is I wish this person didn't have to be in my life or my childrens either.
  • Options
    Helping out a coworker who's located in our Phoenix office so he's 2 hours behind us. Dude called twice during the lunch hour to check on my progress for the drawings he gave me yesterday....like calm down sir. Trust me to do my job in a timely fashion.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so over the older lady I work with. She is in her 80's and there is no end in sight of her ever leaving here. She has got most of her task reassigned to myself and other coworker and she basically just comes in 3 hours 4 days a week to just scan old documents in. We are going through a massive office reno, so we are all dealing with everything being in shambles but she CONSTANTLY complains. I have gotten so tired of it, that I have stopped biting my tongue. Well, now she has the nerve to tell me I am "over responder" and it took all I had to not tell her she is an effen "over complainer". This happened last Friday and I am still so annoyed with her that I legit ignored her 3 times today when she came up and talked to me. The kind, respectful person I usually am feels terrible, but the pregnant, hormonal tired of her bitching person I currently am, could give two craps.
  • Options
    @rikiteacup he had put his dad in his place everytime.  I am just not in a forgiving mood right now for something so rude. He is one of those people who plays favorites with his grandkids too so my two youngest aren't his fans either, but my eldest thinks he raises the sun. 
  • Options
    @SassyPants150 wow he sounds like a piece of work!  It's a good thing YH has your back.

Mine is without a doubt my SIL.  People look at MH like he's crazy when he says he doesn't like his sister.   **TW** when we had our MMC she never once said she was sorry or asked how we were doing **end TW**.  When we announced our pregnancy on Facebook she didn't say a word or even like the post.  She did post about how just because doctors can do certain things doesn't mean they should.  The post mentioned be cryptic but we knew it was about us because in our announcement we talked about our struggles with IF and how IVF made this pregnancy possible.  She also talks about how people who are having babies are selfish and they should think about the population problem in this world.  But the worst is over the past year she has bragged about how proud she is of her abortions knowing full well that her brother and I were dealing with IF.  Next time his parents come to visit we are going to have a serious talk about how we don't want her in our child's life.  I guess the only good thing is we all live in different states.
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• Options
    @celticknotfire I’m sorry you have to deal with that, especially from your own family.

I have serious issues with my SIL too, for different reasons, but it’s hard nonetheless to have to cut them out of your life because they choose to be so unkind and cruel.

I hope the tension eases for you and your family, but if not, you’re stronger and better without her.  
  • Options
    @celticknotfire I am sorry your silly is so cruel. Toxic people, family or not, are hard to have around your kids. Hope she matures and stops act like a butt hole, cryptically or not. 
  • Options
    @celticknotfire What the heck! She sounds awful! I’m sorry you had to deal with her and her terrible attitude! I don’t blame you keeping her away.
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    @celticknotfire
    Here i thought my SIL was bad. I'm so sorry you have to put up with that kind of person. Giving her the boot from your lives sounds like great plan! 
  • Options
    @celticknotfire What an awful SIL! Glad you guys are doing what's right for you (cutting her out) and not just living with it.
  • Options
    @celticknotfire that is so cruel! I’m so sorry you’re dealing with that. I feel sorry for your husband, too. Family drama is so stressful. 
  • Options
    leksiLleksiL member
    @celticknotfire - I sense jealousy from your SIL. I used to talk about how horrible kids were since my husband was not on board with having any - although I was never that horrible. I hope she matures and changes her tune when the baby becomes an "actual person". I'm so sorry you have to bear the brunt of her hurt feelings. Disconnecting sounds like a perfect idea.

My BFF is not into kids at all and basically ignores DD. We live far away from each other but it has definitely put a strain on our relationship. Some people do not deal well with change!
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Options
    @celticknotfire she sounds like a total garbage person. Kudos to you for deciding to take a stand and not allow her into your child’s life.
  • Options
    rikiteacuprikiteacup member
    edited July 2019
    @celticknotfire your SIL sounds like she has a lot of anger towards the world and is taking it out on people around her. I would just ignore her. It's pointless to engage here. Hide her from your feed on FB. That way you don't block her but you don't see any of her posts in your feed.
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• Options
    @rikiteacup good call on the FB thing.  I will definitely do that.
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• Options
    @celticknotfire it sounds like she has a personality disorder and not so much aspergers... I wouldn’t want her in my life either.