December 2019 Moms

Weekly randoms 7/22 - 7/28

13»

Re: Weekly randoms 7/22 - 7/28

• Just figured I'd ask since @mecoats  said she was surfing the bump, do you guys go onto other boards very much? My friend usually tells me to look if she has drama on hers, and I've added "Chicago babies" board to my favorites but I dont think anyone even posts in there. I only come to this board though. Just curious lol 
  • Loading the player...
  • @rjgmcmanus I'm really laughing at the soap dish. That's definitely crap.  That's not even for a baby!
  • @k_mama91 Preach sister!!! 
  • @mecoats I want people to offer clothes! So far, none yet. But they grow so fast, I really don't want to be buying clothes every couple months!

@bookworm982 Right?! So ridiculous. A legit teddy bear soap dish...I will splurge $5 if I need to and get one I like. Or, you know, use one that I already own. 😂

@k_mama91 I know...but I can at least try to minimize the clutter! And if my house is going to be cluttered, it's at least going to be cluttered with crap I want, not random junk people just throw at me, lol!
  • @rjgmcmanus - ok, I would've laughed at the soap dish too - a teddy bear soap dish?!

I hear the wisdom in all your folks words re: inevitable clutter but I am going to tralalala in blissful ignorance and pretend that I will have sleek cool organization and aesthetically pleasing environments in my house. At least for 5 more months 😆😭
  • @jandawg FTM blissful ignorance FTW! 😂😂😂 I'm doing the same. 😁
  • k_mama91 said:
    No matter how often you purge or how you organize it, it will creep into every corner of your home and haunt you in your dreams!
    dying laughing over here - i would call that a nightmare, not a dream. 
  • ninrmsninrms member
    @ktmaesim These are the only boards I keep track of. I tend to lurk a lot more than post (explaining all my random "love its" lol). I don't think I have the mental energy to be committed to more than one forum. :P 
  • @ktmaesim I am in a few groups involved with the bump, but otherwise I just use Facebook groups.  Most of the other boards are too rainbow and lollipop for me.  
  • @ktmaesim I feel like whenever I look at other boards they are never updated? I haven't found any I'm interested in that are active. 
  • anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited July 2019
    @jandawg you can submit feedback on the bump app which goes to their customer experience team and I would LOVE if you submitted that question/photo combo. 😂
  • @jandawg  LOL dead. 
  • I take/buy all kinds of second hand stuff. Kid stuff is expensive. And they can’t use it long. I’m not getting crusty old things but we own two swings (one at my parents cause my mom watched DS for awhile). Got both for less than the exact same swing cost new. All the soft parts are machine washable. The hard parts can easily be cleaned. And I saved lots of money. Will gets new things for holidays (Birthday/Christmas/etc). But largely his stuff is second hand. I got play kitchen today for $5, and two ride on toys for $4 each. And a mamaroo for the new baby for $70. Bargain all around. 
    Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• @Stac928 I’ve been eyeing used Mamaroos on FB Marketplace!  I’m not ready to pull the trigger on buying anything yet mostly since were in temporary housing while we renovate our home. I don’t want stuff to pile up at the rental well need to move back home eventually.  But also emotionally *tw* I’m still worried about the baby sticking due to my m/c last year. I hope I feel better after the anatomy scan. 

I hope I can find one come Nov/Dec ::fingers crossed::

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• @McKBaby I had similar feelings with DS (tw......we had two losses prior). Each milestone will feel a little better. Fingers crossed for you. I’m sure there will be some used ones floating around then too. 
    Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• I have a sweet little 8 year old niece who is really excited about my baby because it will be her first cousin.  She calls her "baby cousin" and always asks how she is doing.  Last night she texted me (from her mom's phone) to tell me that she thought of a good name for baby cousin... "Nilla" 😆  I'm wondering if she got this idea after looking in the pantry.