TTC After a Loss

TTCAL week of 7/22

1. Introduce yourself 
2. Status?
3. R/R:
4.GTKY: If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Re: TTCAL week of 7/22

• edited July 2019
    It's been awful quiet around here ladies...

1. Introduce yourself - nmc 12/16, CP 7/18

2. Status? WTO

3. R/R: I'm scheduled for my first RE appt on 8/22 and I'm super excited! I was in denial for a long time, but as soon as we made the decision to make an appointment, it feels like we're finally getting somewhere.

4.GTKY: If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Just so y'all know, I hate gtky questions. Not answering them, just coming up with them. I google, then read through a billion and still have a hard time lol. But I digress, tacos! Tacos are my favorite food, we eat tacos at least once a week 😋

Eta spelling
  • @splashmountain I second the too quiet!!!
    1. Introduce yourself- not new, miscarried September 2014 and April 2019.
    2. Status? Wanting to ovulate or AF- whichever comes first
    3. R/R: I am really frustrated with my body! I am not sure if I even ovulated this month 😆. (Normally I can tell by CM- sorry if it is too much info!!!) I have been reading about my thyroid medication. I talked with my RE and she said it could have kinda reset my cycle and I could have ovulated early (like calendar day 14 instead of 22) but who knows... 🤷‍♀️
    4.GTKY: If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Pizza 😂
  • Loading the player...
  • Introduce yourself 
    Hi, I'm Linda, 38, have had two CPs Nov.2018 and July 2019.
    2. Status? WFAF to start a cycle again.
    3. R/R: Wishing I didn't need so much blood testing, but maybe my doctor can find out whats going on. 
    4.GTKY: If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Pizza. Can do so much with toppings, can even put breakfast food on a pizza and I love breakfast food!!!
  • @splashmountain I totally understand being happy about moving forward with the RE to form a plan. That was my experience too! 

@ottergirl81 I remember the first time going to the RE...they drew one vial of blood on my husband and I think twenty for me! 😂 It does get easier after a while. 
  • 1. Introduce yourself - incomplete mc and d&c 03/2019
     2. Status? TWW
    3. R/R: the knob on the tub faucet that diverts water to the shower head (is there a shorter name for that?) broke last week, but our landlord was out so he just came to fix it yesterday. It feels good taking real showers again instead of awkward birth baths lol
     4.GTKY: If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Pizza and tacos are both good choices! I would have to go with mac&cheese though. The ultimate comfort food! Plus hopefully I’m still allowed to mix in other things like crab or bacon or even the occasional veggie.

@splashmountain that is exciting! I think it’s nice to feel like there’s a plan or help on the horizon. 
    @Mamaof2beautifulgirls yikes, that’s so confusing/frustrating! Hopefully you didn’t O yet so you’ll still have a chance?
    @ottergirl81 sorry for your losses. I hope you’re able to get some answers with all the testing they did!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• eqveqv member
    1. Introduction--2 miscarriages, frequently traveling husband--most recently to a Zika risk country.
    2. Status--Benched due to my recent visit to see him in said Zika country; but we just ordered my husband's frozen sample to be delivered for an IUI in the fall, which will be our first "intervention" other than diagnostics. 
    3. R/R--Nothing to report!
    4. GTKY--I have to agree with @manillabar, pasta is the way to go! 
  • KurtniKurtni member
    1. Introduce yourself 25 week loss 11/2015, miscarriage Dec 2018 and 20 week loss 06/2019. 
    2. Status Benched. 
    3. R/R: Hi! I haven’t posted for a couple weeks. I was trying to take a break from thinking about TTC but that is so much easier said than done 🙄
    4.GTKY: If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Hmm, chocolate peanut butter ice cream. Although @ottergirl81makes me want to say pizza too- I never get sick of pizza. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited July 2019
    @manillabar yay for things being fixed and great showers. Nothing better than feeling clean!!!

@eqv I hope the time for being benched flies. We were benched for two months and it felt like forever! 

@Kurtni this journey is so hard. I know the feeling of trying not to think about trying...but then that’s all you think about. That’s why I am so grateful for this board. It has been such a great place to just talk about what I am going through and others understanding.

edited- to add comment
  • And.... I'm back. Betas are going down. Just WFAF and will start IVF.
  • @ruby696 I am so sorry!!! My heart is breaking for you! You are in my thoughts and prayers. 
  • @Kurtni Hi! So sorry for your losses, made me sad. I then was happy reading about your love of pizza:)

@ruby696 My heart is crying for you. So sorry to see that you are back. Haven't been here long myself and I hope you get to leave again the sooner the better.

@manillabar Great that your landlord fixes things! Mine gave us a new kitchen sink faucet and asked us if we could install it ourselves. DH is barely home, so it was up to me...mission accomplished! 
  • Oh no, no, no @ruby696! I am just so so sorry, sending you virtual hugs
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• @ottergirl81wow I’m impressed! 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• 1. Early loss in May 2019 

2. 3/3 AL; WTO/trying to survive AF 

3. R/R: this has been such a severely painful period that my husband had to come home from work. I was so dizzy and lightheaded, it was overall a bad day. The pain is finally subsiding and maybe I can go to sleep now (at 1:30am). A beautiful reminder that my uterus is just as mad as I am that it isn’t full. 

4.GTKY: If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Potato! Baked, mashed, fried, hash browns. Very versatile food. And delicious! 

@splashmountain I could definitely eat Mexican/tacos daily. Happy your RE got back to you and you got your appointment scheduled. 

@Mamaof2beautifulgirls I’m sorry your body is being confusing and changing things up. Do you plan to temp or use OPKs in the future? 

@ottergirl81 Sorry you find yourself here but welcome! 

@manillabar did you mean bird bath? Because I am dying laughing at a birth bath. I have no idea what that would be but my imagination has run away with this. Glad you can shower like normal! 

@eqv sorry you’re benched. Where did you guys travel to? Hopefully it was at least fun and relaxing! 

@Kurtni After everything you’ve been through I understand stepping away. I hope you were able to get a little mental break, even though it’s tough to turn it off. Hugs to you. 

@ruby696 I know I already said this but I am so sorry. I am gutted to see you back here. Sending you all the love. 
  • @ruby696 I am so so sorry. My heart is broken for you and I'm sending the biggest internet hug. Praying that ivf is just what you guys need. 
  • @Mamaof2beautifulgirls I'm sorry your body is being wonky. Hopefully you get a clear sign soon so you can move forward.

@ottergirl81 welcome and I'm sorry for your losses and that the lab is bleeding you dry.

@manillabar I'm loling at your birth bath too. Glad it's fixed!

@eqv glad you guys got YH's sperm frozen instead of waiting forever when he's done traveling. GL with the iui

@Kurtni I know how hard it is to shut off the ttc brain when you need a break. I hope your break did help though.

@tyrion_ I had a painful period like that a few cycles ago. I told DH it felt like I was being stabbed through the ovary! I'm glad yours is calming down, and I almost picked potato! But I figured if I have to eat it forever, it should be at least kinda low point 😉
  • @manillabar Thank you!

@tyrion_ Potatoes! Yes! They ARE so versatile! Great idea, love potatoes. Am hungry now.
  • @tyrion_  🤦🏾‍♀️ Yes, I definitely meant *bird* bath lol!! And good choice with the potatoes! 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• Lurking

@ruby696 I’m so sorry.  Hugs to you
  • KurtniKurtni member
    @ruby696 I’m so sorry. It’s just not fair 😞 I’ll be thinking about you on your IVF journey. 

Pregnancy Ticker