July 2019 Moms
Options

Cervical Progress Check-In

2»

Re: Cervical Progress Check-In

• Options
    @Cbeanz that is exciting! that means that you will not have much dilation to do once you do go into labor! is this your first or not? If not, what were your previous labor & deliveries like?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    CbeanzCbeanz member
    @nagrom9319 This is my 4th and they've all been very different!  I will say, with both my 2nd and 3rd, I dilated early ~4cm by 36w. 
    My 2nd was born at 37w (I labored but had a CS due to breech).
    My 3rd hung on by a thread until my VBAC at 39.
    I'd love for this one to stay in until week 39 when my mom will be here, but there is no telling.
  • Options
    @Cbeanz that is crazy progress already! But if you were there before with your other pregnancies it's hopefully just the way your body operates! Hope baby can hang for another 2-3 weeks for the sake of getting your mom there. No rosehip tea pineapple or bouncing on giant rubber balls for you I guess
  • Options
    Im at 2cm 38wks
  • Options
    Fully closed at 36 weeks but having some contractions 
  • Options
    I’m 35 weeks 70% effaced and 1cm dilated. FTM. Pretty sure I felt the engaging and first cm of dilation on Sunday. I had to take a walk was just super uncomfortable.
  • Options
    38+1 today and have dilated to 3cm, he has dropped, but still 50% effaced. day by day ladies!! :smiley:
  • Options
    36 yesterday and was still totally closed, maybe a little shorter because of pressure from LO's head.  I may decline them next week because i don't see the need. ...but at the same time it is so interesting! 
  • Options
    @blackhottamales it really is! I wasn’t sure whether I was going to decline but the physician (who isn’t my regular) didn’t warn me and just went right in there 😣. I felt a little violated because I thought I was just getting GBS tested which is invasive enough 😂. Now I’m super curious if my discomfort feelings are part of the labor progress. 
  • Options
    I have been checked twice so far in attempts fo
    to do a sweep but I’m not dilated at all so far. He will try again tomorrow.
  • Options
    @blackhottamales I know, right? I will probably opt out of getting checked as well. I think it would just make me more anxious if I don't go into labor right away! 
  • Options
    @nopegoat that’s crazy exciting! I know you’re so ready for little baby H. It’s awesome you have something to compare it to! 
  • Options
    Had my check yesterday and I went froma 1 to a 2. Hopefully we continue to have slow progress for another week or so. Maybe I'm the only one hoping to make it all the way to their due date
  • Options
    @Niesen27 I’d actually like to make it to my due date. That’s also my birthday though! 💕 But I just found out my doctor won’t be in town the two weeks surrounding my due date and am super bummed about it. 
  • Options
    @leylea89 that really does suck! Is there another doctor at your facility that you like?

My DDay week has both the doctors I really like on so I'm keeping my fingers and legs crossed that it's that week I deliver
  • Options
    There’s one I’m fine with and one I’d kick out of my room immediately. Dr. F judged my baby name and gave unsolicited advice that wasn’t appreciated. I don’t need you judging me while I’m in the most vulnerable position of my life and you’re staring at my vagina. Dr. S is ok, but my Dr has been with me for 6 years and through all of my infertility struggles so it’s just saddening if she isn’t there. 
  • Options
    No change this week. 39weeks  Had my membranes swept. Here’s to hoping it does the trick!!
  • Options
    CbeanzCbeanz member
    Day 17 still at 4cm!!

My OB offered to induce me next week when I'm 39wk if I want. I don't need to make up my mind until Wednesday. I probably will just wait. Given the choice would like to avoid pitocin. 
  • Options
    @Cbeanz I totally agree on wanting to avoid pitocin. Has she mentioned a membrane sweep? I feel like at 39 weeks and 4 cm you would have a fairly good chance of it working.
  • Options
    CbeanzCbeanz member
    @Niesen27 Yeah, he offered a membrane sweep and/or to break my water. I'd refuse having my water broken because it hadn't put me into labor in the past.  I think I'm just going to sit tight. I'm always afraid of the cascade of interventions once in the hospital.
  • Options
    4cm is good! I’m glad you have the patience and know what you want @Cbeanz .

I’d rather wait too. Although if I go a week overdue, I might consider induction on the 1st (7 days past due). I’ve been doing everything I can to avoid it though. I’m still only 1cm but am now 80%effaced instead of 70 and she said my cervix is really soft. I am just now starting to get uncomfortable. 
  • Options
    @nagrom9319 best of luck tomorrow with your induction! Maybe once they break your water your body will just remember like hey I've done this before and things will pick up speed from there 🤞
  • Options
    39 weeks 1 cm and 75 % effaced. They want to start an induction tonight due to high blood pressure. 
  • Options
    @blackrosevamp Good luck tonight, will be thinking of you!
  • Options
    Finally had my first cervical check (and membrane sweep) at 39w4d. 4 cm!! Hoping he comes tonight🙌
  • Options
    39+6 3.5 cm, and I think she only gave me the .5 so I wouldn't cry. We did a membrane sweep today and have an induction scheduled for saturday. Today was my last day of work so I will be spending every moment from here until Saturday trying to induce labor.
  • Options
    38 weeks today. 80% effaced and now 2CM dilated. My doctor seemed pleased. She said it was ‘easily 2CM’ an that whatever I’ doing is working. I spen most of my time on my birthing ball or in the pool and I credit my very soft cervix to eating the dates I hate lol. 
  • Options
    As of yesterday, 39 weeks, baby is nice and low even though cervix is still high but soft. I am now 3cm dilated which has my whole family like ‘basically you’re in labor’ and freaking out lol. I explained I’m not in active labor but every phone call is ‘is the baby on his way?’ Lol

I feel like I’m one of the only ones on here still pregnant. 
  • Options
    CbeanzCbeanz member
    Hang in there @leylea89 ! The last few days/weeks are tough but I'm ready and waiting for your birth story!
  • Options
    Thanks @Cbeanz! I’m so excited to announce him! All the squishes on here have me like ‘can I check my own cervix?’ Lol
  • Options
    I've been terrible at logging in here lately. I'm with you @leylea89 though! 38+4 today. On Thursday I was 80% effaced and -1. Got on board with dates late, but hopefully they still help. I am so ready to hold my little lady!
  • Options
    @fromcatstokids I felt like the dates helped pretty quickly. The cherry pie Lara bar isn’t a bad way to try it either. Hope it helps you!
  • Options
    @leylea89 Thanks! The dates are so dang sweet, I have been trying to figure out what might make them taste better. I'll definitely be picking up some Lara bars!