March 2020 Moms

Spotting/Bleeding Support Thread (TW)

I have seen these on other BMBs and thought we might also have one to help support anyone who is spotting/bleeding. 

All conversation surrounding these issues should go here. The TW in the title applies for the whole thread. Please beware of reading ahead if you think you might be triggered by conversations about spotting/bleeding. 

Finally, remember that most of us are not medical professionals, and even if we were, it's always best to call/visit your doctor with questions or concerns. Feel free to ask questions and voice concerns, but please do not expect anyone here to be able to offer you anything but support--the most important thing to do is to call your doctor. They can offer answers: we can offer support.

Re: Spotting/Bleeding Support Thread (TW)

• Hey! Wow I’ve never done one of these before but my name is Shannon and  I’m 6.5 weeks. I have had a few days of really light brown spotting. I’ve been assured by other friends that this happened to them and it’s normal. But doc wants me to come in just to check, which I totally appreciate because I’ve experienced a miscarriage before. Anyways, has anyone else had this experience this time around or in previous pregnancies? Thanks and hope everyone is doing well! :) 
  • @mininovak I do remember some spotting in my previous pregnancy. It was very light and lasted a day or two, I think.
  • Loading the player...
  • kantobeankantobean member
    edited July 2019
    Double posted! Sorry.
  • @mininovak I am glad your doc is supportive of your concerns, and I hope your appt. alleviates them! Hope you are able to proceed (any even small amount of more) calmly knowing someone else has had a similar experience.
  • @kantobean thanks for sharing!! Mine has been something similar. Only a few days and seems to have stopped. 
    @kagesstarshroom yes, it does help! Praying for a good outcome next week. :)
  • Add me to the currently spotting club. I've always spotted every pregnancy so the fact that I haven't this time was weird but then it started a few hours ago. They're having me come in for a sonogram tomorrow morning with my history of miscarriage (1). So here's to hoping it's nothing. I am starting to cramp though.
    | DH 29 - Me 26 - Married 2007 | 2 Kids - 2 Fur Babies | Baby #3 Due July 2015 |

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @lilly1096 Keep us updated! Sending you support & hugs!
  • @lilly1096 i hope you get good news tomorrow! FX that everything is okay
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • I worked myself a little too hard tonight, because I needed to tidy up my house. I just couldn't wait. But then when I went to the bathroom later it was just the barest shade of peach. Of course my paranoid brain started freaking out... I'm no more crampy than usual, and I did take my progesterone a bit late tonight, so hoping that's it.
  • @projectalice FX for you that it's just the progesterone! <3
  • @kagesstarshroom I think I figured it out. I got dehydrated :( I pushed myself too hard cleaning last night and got dehydrated. 
    I ate half a canteloupe, drank some water and rested, and this morning there was nothing on the tp anymore. WHEW. 
    But I'm going to take it easy and be sure to drink enough water from now on. That was scary....
    Or maybe my progesterone had time to kick in, that's possible too. Whatever the case, I seem to be fine now! I'll make sure I take it around the same time daily just in case. 
  • @lilly1096 that is super scary. :( I had an sch too before, so that would make sense.... Fx that that's all it is! That's great news that you got to see what looks like a healthy baby there. 
  • @lilly1096 and @projectalice did either of you have complications with your previous SCH? They found a small one at my 6 week ultrasound, but no one seemed concerned. Google has not been my friend and I'm pretty freaked out. I'm supposed to go on a 3 mile hike today. This should be fine right? 
  • @keeksie84 I had one and, as far as I understand, but here is no harm to baby from SCH and they normally resolve on their own. However, if/when they start to bleed it’s quite a lot of blood. Mine developed after my first u/s, so we didn’t know it was there and when I started bleeding over New Years weekend, it was super traumatic. Strict bedrest for 3 days and kick counting. For you, I would just prepare yourself for the possibility that you could start bleeding at any point. Everyone is different. But, I’d probably bring a good size pad for just in case and just take it easy. 3 miles isn’t too bad if that’s something you do fairly often.

Me: 31 | DH: 33

DS1: 12.23.13 | DS2: 05.06.16

BFP: 06.30.19 | EDD: 3.9.20

**TW**
    TTC3: 11.18
    BFP: 02.05.19
    CP: 03.07.19
    *really traumatic recovery*

• @RanFan28 Thanks so much for the info! They said that SCH commonly form during implantation and should go away on its own. I'm glad I know about it before (if) I start to bleed, because I can't imagine the trauma of a big bleed without any background info. I hike quite a bit and we're going with a 5 year old, so I'm not thinking the pace will be too rigorous. 
  • @keeksie84 I’d imagine you’ll be okay. Obviously, not a doctor. 

**TW**

• 4w1d and I've been having some lower back pain the past two days. I got some brown spotting in the bathroom just now. I know that it's likely its just implantation/other normal early pregnancy spotting but my PGAL brain is going a hundred miles a minute right now.
  • @keeksie84 no I never had any complications and I didn't even bleed. It just sort of disappeared at some point. I was told they can reabsorb so I assume that's it. It was really nbd.
    I would take an easy pace on your walk, and be sure to stay hydrated!
  • lilly1096lilly1096 member
    edited July 2019
    @keeksie84, this is my own personal experience with SCH and it was really traumatic so if that scares you stop reading now.

With my third kiddo, fourth pregnancy, I had normal scans at 6 weeks and then again at 12 weeks. So everything was chugging along just fine and no one had noted a SCH yet on either of the 2 scans. Then one night, DH and I are hanging out on the couch and I needed to use the restroom. I went into the bathroom, sat on the toilet, peed, wiped and stood up. The second I stood up I felt a huge burst of something. If I had been 40 weeks I'd have sworn up and down my water broke. It was that forceful. I look down expecting to have peed myself and realized it was blood. So much so that I was now standing in it. I screamed for my husband who came running. He helped clean myself up and get dressed and we went to the ER. I wasn't sure what had just happened but more blood than I had seen in any period ever came out of me. We got to the ER and thankfully there just happened to be a perinatologist in the hospital in the middle of the night! I went in for an ultrasound and what they found was a HUGE SCH just above the sac. I can't remember the exact measurements but on the screen it was as wide as the gestational sac and I was 15 weeks. It had burst, or popped, or split, or whatever the heck it does and that is what caused the huge gush of blood. And it was still filled. Now for the happy part, the baby was okay and he is now a happy healthy little 4 year old. I continued to bleed and spot the remainder of the pregnancy. I had a few more scans the remainder of the pregnancy than average and I saw the perinatologist several more times in his office. I've known more people with positive stories with SCHs than those with negative stories. All in all, it may bleed a little, it may bleed a whole heck of alot. But I'd stay positive and just take it easy.
    | DH 29 - Me 26 - Married 2007 | 2 Kids - 2 Fur Babies | Baby #3 Due July 2015 |

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @lilly1096 My SCH Story is very similar. I think the not knowing it’s there is the worst part because then you don’t expect the bleeding...

**TW**

• Thanks so much for sharing all this info!  Hearing from all of you makes me feel so much better.  I'm hoping that the SCH will be smaller (or at least the same size) at my next US on Friday.
  • Update for updates sake, defiitely far less bleeding today. I wouldn't even call it spotting and it's brown so that's a win.

@keeksie84, how was everything after the hike?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm 6 weeks today, and have been spotting off and on for over a week now. It's not enough for a liner or anything, it's not even red, light a light peach color when I wipe sometimes. The clinic said that I should just keep monitoring it and have pelvic rest for a few days (already failed at that, thanks husband lol). I will bring it up at my ultrasound appt on Tuesday and ask about the possibility of a SCH. All my other pregnancy symptoms have been progressing, I'm also taking progesterone supplements,  idk if that can be a contributing factor. Staying positive!!
  • @lilly1096 I'm so glad your bleeding has reduced/stopped.  When will you have your next US?  The hike ended up being more of a stroll.  There was no parking at the trail head so we changed plans and kept it super low key.  

@mrskupo FX for great news at your appointment!
  • @keeksie84 I got back the first week in August. Love this new doctor we chose though. She said at any time I was uneasy to give them a call and I can come in and they'll take a look for reassurance.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @stassischroeder I've had both red and white.  My current pharmacy does white horse sized pills. The discharge freaks me out far less.  They also provide these little inserts that get the pill in the right spot.  I have no idea who thought the red was a good idea (well clearly a man).
  • This is also an update just to hopefully be an encouragement to someone who has some
    spotting—I had mentioned above that I was having spotting and was a little worried. It resolved after 4 days but my doctor had me come in and have an US today at almost 8 weeks just to check—saw the baby and heart rate was nice and strong. Praise the Lord! praying the best for everyone. 
  • Great news @mininovak. Thanks for the update! 
  • I don't want to post an individual thread - trying to keep this low key - but I also don't  want to bail without saying goodbye. My betas are decreasing and I've started spotting. It's been great being a part of this BMB for the short time I was here. Good luck to everyone!
  • @ruby696 I am so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself.  <3

**TW**

• Oh, @ruby696, I am so sorry.
    BFP: 7/8/19
    EDD: 3/19/20

• Oh no I'm so sorry! :disappointed:
  • I’m so sorry @ruby696 😢 hope you can take care of yourself and find support where you need it!
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• So sorry @ruby696 sending you hugs!
  • @ruby696 Sending you all of the love and wishes for peace. 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @ruby696 I’m so sorry for your loss
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • I'm so sorry for your loss @ruby696. I'll be thinking of you.  <3
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• @ruby696 Nooooooooo!!! OMG I'm so sorry lady  :( Big, creepy internet hugs coming your way. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20