Me: 33 | DH: 34
Married: October, 19, 2015
EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
EDD 11/24/23
(Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

Re: Group 1 (3/1-3/8) Check-In W/o 7/8

• EDD/W+D: March 7, 5+2

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Not sure yet, we didn’t find out the first time around- but it would be nice to know if I should be washing all of DDs hand me downs or not!

Baby is the size of a(n): black peppercorn?

Upcoming appts: Aug 1

How are you feeling?: Totally fine

Rants/Raves: This pregnancy doesn’t feel real yet, probably because it happened so quick. Don’t get me wrong, I’m thrilled it wasn’t stressful! But it’s not feeling real yet and the lack of symptoms has me slightly worried. (I was so nauseous with DD until about 26 weeks, exhausted, food aversion, etc)

Questions: Don’t think so

GTKY What shows are you into? Anything trashy and reality on Bravo! Also love Life in Pieces, This is Us, Big Little Lies, Handmaids Tale, The Office and Parenthood is an all time favorite

@emmasemm how funny about the plant!! They were probably shocked that you called them to remove it!!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/W+D:  3/3/20,  5+6

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out. DH and I like to know, and plan. 

Baby is the size of a(n): chocolate chip (tomorrow) 

Upcoming appts: I need to get my third blood draw today and then I’ll set up my dating US for later this week or next and my first midwife appointment. 

How are you feeling?: I’m okay. *TW* my loss anniversary is tomorrow. I just need to get past that. Other than that, possibly TMI, Ive had a lot of diarrhea over the past week. It makes me feel like it’s my version of morning sickness as it goes away after about noon. My skin is also terrible. It’s always bad, but Iran unreal right now. I need to find a good pregnancy safe face wash (recommendations welcome). 

Rants/Raves: I’m going to Disney in 2 weeks, and I think I’m going to bring my maternity shorts. I’m so bloated by the end of the day, that my regular shorts don’t fit. I’m just hoping that they will stay up in the morning. 

Questions: I guess just wondering what everyone else uses for an acne prone face that is pregnancy safe. 

GTKY What shows are you into? Too many! My favorite is Gilmore Girls, but I Watch most shows. I really love dramas, and need to catch up on call the midwife. I have a bunch of shows to watch this summer while I’m off (I’m a teacher). 

@emmanemm that’s quite a week you had. Two police calls, and the cannabis one is funny. I also love Greys and have watched it too many times.
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @littlebug2010 I’ve been using iS Clinical Cleansing Complex and think it works really well. It’s a little pricey but I use less than a pea sized amount morning and night so one bottle has lasted me almost an entire year. My derm recommends lathering and leaving it on for a few minutes while brushing your teeth, then rinse. Here’s the company’s statements about pregnancy if you wanted to to double check! https://www.isclinical.com/media/WhitePapers/pdf/WhitePapers_ProductsDurringPregnancy_and_Nursing.pdf
  • EDD/W+D: March 7, 5+2

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: We will find out! 

Baby is the the size of a(n): Lentil

Upcoming appts: First appt on July 19th. I don’t know what to expect! Any advice on what to advocate for is greatly appreciated. 

How are are you feeling?: Pretty sick. Lots of MS which is the worst of it all, tired too. A bit anxious since this is my first pregnancy and none of my friends have kids, so very glad to have all of you to talk to!! 

Rants/raves: We are moving into our first home on Wednesday! Lots of small things to finish packing over the next few days and very excited to get settled. 

Questions: Has anyone had a dip manicure while pregnant? I don’t want to get a gel but would like something that lasts longer than typical polish. What I found online seemed that as long as it was done in a well ventilated area it was okay. Thoughts? 

GTKY What shows are you into? Love Handmaids Tale and currently watching Boardwalk Empire. Lots of Amazon/Hulu/Netflix watching in our house, especially since I am a teacher and on summer break! 
  • March 1 - 6+2

I'm definitely finding out. I'm not patient enough and too much of a control freak to wait.

Baby is the size of a sweet pea.

I'm currently waiting on my doctor to call to schedule my first scan. I can't wait!

Currently, I'm just nauseous, tired, and peeing every two hours or so. 

Rant: My mother, bless her, is so excited for me. However... she keeps telling me how she nearly posted about it on Facebook every day. I don't want to announce anything until I'm ready and I certainly don't want everyone finding out from my mother, but now I feel rushed into telling the world.

Questions: Did anyone else get bad cramps the first few weeks? My cramps for weeks 4 and 5 were pretty bad, but they've mostly subsided. I didn't have any bleeding or spotting, but I can't help but worry.

GTKY: I'm in to all things ultra nerdy: sci-fi, fantasy, historical shows. If it exists in those genres,  I've watched it.
  • @rs0806 I’ve not done a dip manicure, but I have had a pedi. I just make sure I go where the fumes are well ventilated. Also, thanks for the rec.  I usually use neutorgena, and it’s not great for pregnancy. 

IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
  • EDD 3/5, 5w4d, no symptoms! No sore boobs, nothing... and is anyone else a BBT charter over here? I’ve kept charting every morning out of habit and this morning my temp dipped pretty low like just above coverline and now I’m worried kind of worried 🙁
  • @NTbaby17 BBT charter over here 🙋🏻‍♀️ I had a similarly low day about 10 days ago and then it went back up. I think a pattern of lowering temps is potentially concerning, but if it bounces around it’s alright. I think I’ll stop charting soon because it’s giving me more anxiety than being helpful! 
  • @NTbaby17 I have an Ava bracelet and I am still wearing that, but I turned off the temp tracker. It’s tracking it, but not showing me. I have it for tracking sleep. 
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • @laurenm2123 they were busy rubbing the leaves between their fingers and sniffing them.. I have a feeling they had a very “relaxed” afternoon;-)

@littlebug2010 have you tried to check if your breakouts go along with any foods? There are a couple of weird foods which make my skin break out like crazy - and give me diarrhea. Raw pineapple is one! 
    I also found many of the Clinique products have PG safe ingredients, but not the acne solutions range as they contain salicylic acid. Info came from my dermatologist. If you order online you get so many freebies I only do one order per year around $150 and don’t buy any other facial products (cleansing, moisturizing and makeup) in between. 

@rs0806 I used to have a gel mani-pedi every two weeks but stopped when we started our IF treatment as we wanted to not risk any little thing. My own nails are really weak and short so I do miss having elegant fingers and toes.

@knottie and all the numbers - can you change your user name? See the pinned post on the main board on how to do it. Then it’s much easier for us to tag you and have a conversation:-)

@ntbaby17 another Charter here, but once I had my third beta last week I stopped- also because the temps here dropped by 20 degrees Celsius over 24 hours and that kind of change does really affect my baseline temp 

AFM - beta #4 came in at 4800! 
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• @emmasemm wow that’s a great beta. I think something might be messing with me, but I have no clue what it is. I haven’t had anything out of the ordinary, but I know PG hormones can really mess with you. Clinique is a good idea though. I’m going out tomorrow to look for something. I can’t take this acne. 
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • @rs0806 @littlebug2010 @emmasemm okay thanks I needed someone to talk some sense into me 😬 hiding the thermometer now! 
  • amberross0926amberross0926 member
    edited July 2019
    EDD/W+D: 3/3/20 5w6d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green:def finding out

Baby is the size of a(n):chocolate chop

Upcoming appts: July 23rd

How are you feeling?: yesterday awful. Today fine which scares the crap out of me. *TW*  Miscarriage 3 years ago I had disappearing symptoms. For my 3 kids I had nonstop morning sickness 

Rants/Raves: I wish I could quit my job

Questions: I wish I could remember when morning sickness hit hardest in my past pregnancies. When does yours normally hit? 

GTKY What shows are you into? I don’t watch a lot of tv. No time. I prefer to read when I do have time 
  • EDD/W+D: 3-1/ 6+2

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out and wanting to do a little reveal on video as I didn't do that with the first two

Baby is the size of a(n): Sweetpea

Upcoming appts: Ultrasound Thursday the 11th 

How are you feeling?: @laurenm2123 I was feeling the same way until this past weekend right at 6 weeks, when some nausea and stronger fatigue started creeping in more. I never got full blown morning sickness with the first two, but like waves of nausea and gagging when brushing teeth, which started this weekend as well. All of the stomach issues, constipated one day, the opposite the next, gas pains and cramps

Rants/Raves: Miss you caffeine!!!  

Questions: Maybe after this first appointment, curious whether my treatment will be different this time being over the 35 mark

GTKY What shows are you into? Currently catching up on Season 15 of Grey's @emmasemm !!

@rs0806 congrats on the house!! perfect timing to get all moved and settled in early on!!
  • EDD/W+D: 3/7 5W + 4D

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: As of now we will find out. I'm too excited to not know and I know my husband wants to know.

Baby is the size of: Heart Button on Instagram (Parents.com has "Baby Sizes for Millenials" Some of them are pretty cute)

Upcoming appts: Our first prenatal appt. is July 26

How are you feeling?: Hungry! But overall pretty good. Very few symptoms so far. Is it weird that I really want to have the symptoms to "feel pregnant"? 

Rants/Raves: No rants, just raves today! Tomorrow morning I hop on a flight to Colorado to see my family and friends! I cannot contain myself if I have to wait another day to tell my mom that I'm pregnant.

@stac4056 I feel you on the caffeine! I am a total coffee lover and would drink it all morning long if I could!

GTKY What shows are you into? Right now Handmaid's Tale and Stranger Things. Though, I don't know how much longer I'll be able to watch Handmaid's because that show already makes me cry
  • I miss caffeine too 😭
  • das553das553 member
    EDD: March 2, 6w+1d

Team finding out: Yes we will find out! I could never not know haha. 

Baby is the size of: A sweet pea

Upcoming appointments: My 8 week first prenatal is scheduled for July 24! So far away it feels.

How are you feeling? I get waves of nausea from about 9am-1pm every day but no vomiting yet. Really can't complain too much about that. Boobs are sore and growing like mad. Not really tired or bloated yet. Today I had some light spotting that is making me very nervous. My doc assured me it was normal but I'm watching out. Fingers crossed!

Rants/raves: This is my first pregnancy and so far I am actually loving it. Only my husband knows right now (@bluesting Im5 not telling my mom yet because she would be the same way haha!) When I'm feeling sick I'm also grateful and just so excited.

Questions: Any other vegans/vegetarians out there? I'm wondering if anyone told you not to eat tofu. I read that somewhere and am worrying about it haha. I need that protein!

GTKY: Watching Stranger Things which is one of my all-time favorite shows. We watch Jeopardy every night lol and I love HGTV esp Good Bones. But I'm continually rewatching Friends on Netflix mostly.
  • @sivosk omg that Baby Sizes for Millennials is hilarious!! Thanks for the rec  
  • EDD/W+D:  3/1, 6+3

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: absolutely finding out. I’ll probably order the sneak peek at 10 weeks because I have no chill. 

Baby is the size of a(n): chocolate chip! 

Upcoming appts: July 26th regular OB, and then a scan shortly thereafter. 

How are you feeling?: so-so. I’m really tired but my 2 year old has boycotted sleep lately so I don’t really know if it counts as a symptom. I have waves of nausea, some twinges in my Ute, and random fiery nipples. I had hypermesis gravardium with my last, so I’m praying the morning sickness doesn’t get that bad again. 

Rants/Raves: I really need my toddler to start sleeping more regularly. I don’t know what to do. He’s in a toddler bed. But my back is KILLING me from sleeping on the floor next to him, and I know once second tri hits I won’t be able to do that at all. 

Questions: favorite maternity leggings that aren’t see-through? I have a feeling I will be living in leggings all winter and I didn’t love the ones I had with DS. 

GTKY What shows are you into? I have a few I love on Netflix and Amazon. H and I have been watching Sneaky Pete for the last few weeks. 
  • @das553 Lurking from Group 2 because I am SO bored at work. I'm a lifelong vegan and this will be my third baby (4th pregnancy, but no need to dwell on the short third one). I didn't avoid tofu but I did diversify my protein sources to make sure I was getting a range of "types" of proteins. I DEFINITELY still had tofu/soy/soy yogurt/you name it, but I made sure it wasn't the dominant source of protein. I also NEVER got the hilariously high recommended amount of protein you should get each day... and both my babies were perfectly sized and healthy, so??? I hope that helps. There are also some great books on vegan pregnancy out there if you get bored! 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• EDD: March 7

Team finding out: I've decided I wanted to find out this time.. didn't do it with DS and while the surprise was nice, I want to know this time. 

Baby is the size of: A poppyseed?  

Upcoming appointments: Have my first blood draw today.. fingers crossed for good betas.

How are you feeling? So far, nothing but sore boobs off and on. 

Rants/raves: Happy to be joining a BMB again, but nervous for a sticky bean after my last loss.

Questions:  Anyone else nervous if you have other children how adding another is going to go?

GTKY: I have to join the Stranger Things bandwagon, love that show.  I also am a fan of home makeover type shows.
  • @das553 I have learned my lesson! Smh
  • @treetop19 I’m SUPER nervous about adding a baby! DS just turned two this past week, and he still isn’t talking. He throws tantrums because he can’t communicate and I’m terrified of how that will play out when I have a newborn to attend to/nurse/be with. That being said, he does love babies so I think he will make an adorable big brother. I just think the dynamics of everything with take a LOT of getting used to. 
  • @miss.sally I have a few pairs of the Luxe essentials leggings from destination maternity, they became a staple for me even postpartum. Super soft and didn’t fade or pill too badly. https://www.destinationmaternity.com/luxe-essentials-secret-fit-belly-maternity-leggings/006-13437-000-001.html?dwvar_006-13437-000-001_color=006-13437-01#q=luxe%2Bessentials%2Bleggings&lang=default&start=1
    I also stocked up on that line of clip down nursing tanks, so stretchy to fit over my belly at it’s biggest but also form fitting enough that I wear them still!! But like soft stretchy, not that nylon, cut off your circulation kind of material!! 

• @treetop19 definitely nervous about adding on mainly because this will be our third and we will be out numbered!! But my two are 26 months apart and DD reeeeally surprised me at how well she handled everything. She loved her brother of course but wasn’t at a point she really wanted to hold him which was a relief, and I had a c-section so it was non-negotiable that I couldn’t pick her up and hold her so she had some quality time with DH and did great!! 
    @miss.sally same boat with my 18 mo old DS and tantrums, I thought DD was clingy but this kid is next level, but hey, at their age a lot can change in 9 months so here’s hoping!! And I hope you are able to get some sleep soon!! 
  • @stac4056 thank you for the legging rec! I’m going to check them out now. Nursing bras too. Last time I used those shelf bra tanks from express because they’re easy and I usually get really annoyed with the clips. But March baby is going to be different than July so I’ll probably have to wear actual clothing 😂
  • EDD/W+D: March 7th/5&5

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Definitely finding out! First child and I am very much a planner by nature.

Baby is the size of a(n): Opening of a straw

Upcoming appts: July 31st

How are you feeling?: Overall pretty good other than being tired with very sore breasts and a bit of cramping. So far none of the dreaded morning sickness, but a twinge of nausea here and there.

GTKY What shows are you into? My guilty pleasure is pretty much anything on Bravo, other current favorites include Big Little Lies, Younger and anxiously anticipating the final season of OINTB. All time favorite show is The Office, which I still watch almost daily.

• Hi group 1!

EDD 3/5/20, 6w 0d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: we are going to find out as soon as we can! I am a planner!

Baby is the size of a(n): Maine blueberry

Upcoming appts: 1st appointment on 7/29

How are you feeling?: I am feeling great, lots of cramps intermittently which my doctor said is normal, not much of an appetite and SORE boobs haha no nausea yet! (Crossing my fingers MS passes me by)

Rants/Raves: RANT! I am feeling so anxious waiting for my first appointment. This is my first pregnancy so it’s just the fear of the unknown. 

Questions: What prenatal vitamins is everyone going with?

GTKY What shows are you into?
    Currently watching the Bachelorette, Big Little Lies part 2, and Southern Charm (I want Cameran to be my bff 😂) and we are always watching the office.

• @emilyace yes to being Cameran’s best friend! I think she is the absolute coolest 
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • @emilyace I have tried a bunch of different kinda and I settled on the Olly brand of gummies! (Target). They’re easier on my stomach, and I had a really hard time swallowing horse pills with my heightened gag reflex. 
  • @miss.sally I am taking the Honest Prenatals now, I started with ritual but they were so expensive and comparatively I’m getting the same nutrients. I also added Oceans Mom Fish Oil
  • @emilyace My first appointment is on the 29th too. I'm also a FTM so I totally understand your feelings. A friend of mine who went to the same doctor has told me exactly what to expect, so I'm feeling much less nervous. If you know someone who has been to the doctor you are going to, getting info from them may help just a bit.
  • @miss.sally @emilyace I’m also taking Olly. No real reason I chose them, but they are delicious and haven’t caused any nausea yet! They basically taste like those big peach sour rings we ate as kids
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • aprileiaaprileia member
    edited July 2019
    @emilyace LOVE Southern Charm and Cam! Her take on motherhood has been really refreshing and real to see.
  • EDD/W+D: 3/8 5 wks & 5 days 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: For sure going to find out! I’m already feeling like it’s a girl. I felt this way with my first and I was accurate! 

Baby is the size of a(n): peppercorn?

Upcoming appts: We have our first appt on July 31. Can’t wait!

How are you feeling?: Terrible honestly. Tired, morning sickness is more like all day sickness, headaches, moody..

Rants/Raves: How do some mommas have no morning sickness at all...🤦🏽‍♀️

Questions: Gimme all the morning sickness relief ideas!

GTKY What shows are you into? I’m really in to This is Us, 13 Reasons Why, Dead to Me, Orange is the New Black 
  • @abbyanneheird Ginger lozenges have really worked for me on the morning sickness front. At this point, I am actually able to function
  • @abbyanneheird if you’re into essential oils, sniffing grapefruit oil was a huge help for me and I had it bad with my last two! Citrus seemed to help over ginger or peppermint , also try “sea bands” acupressure bands , they helped as well
  • I have the sea bands as they seemed to help with my last pregnancy, but not so much this time :-/
  • edited July 2019
    Hi all! Had our first u/s and was a little earlier than expected, so I've moved on over from the Feb board!

EDD/W+D: Mar 2/6w6d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Definitely finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): honeybee, bzz bzz! 🐝

Upcoming appts: Labs, genetic testing, etc early August

How are you feeling?: Siiiiick. Was a little worried because our little nugget seemed to be giving me a pass yesterday, but the nausea is back in full force today! 

Rants/Raves: These food aversions are really blowing my mind. It seems less like "what foods am I not liking" and more "what five foods can I look at/smell/think about without wanting to barf" 🤢

Questions: none right this second

GTKY What shows are you into? I know Stranger Things S3 is up but for some reason I just can't get myself jazzed to watch it yet? Blaming it on the hormones. Just recently finished S2 of Barry on HBO, which was 💯, and we've been watching Nailed It! on Netflix for late-night mindless enjoyment.