February 2020 Moms

FTM Check-In - July

Stolen from March BMB! 

This thread is for those of us who will be first-time moms to chat about our experiences and get to know each other better. Feel free to use the prompts below to begin our conversation and to keep it going for the rest of the month, checking in however you see fit.

EDD/Weeks + Days: 

How are you feeling? 

Any upcoming appointments/testing/results, etc?

Rant/Rave/Questions: 

GTKY: Have you considered documenting your pregnancy in any way? If so, how?
TW
BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's

Re: FTM Check-In - July

• EDD/Weeks + Days: Feb 1/10w6d

How are you feeling? Today a lot better again. My stomach has been doing weird things off and on all week. The exhaustion is finally starting to gear down, but I still need a nap desperately by mid-afternoon. 

Any upcoming appointments/testing/results, etc? My first prenatal appointment with my OB is on Tuesday. I have actually been to her practise before because I have endo, but she was on vacation at the time so I met the doctor who covers for her then. 

I am also going for the NT ultrasound on the 22nd, but honestly it's only because we want to see the baby again since my dating ultrasound was at 6 weeks. 

Rant/Rave/Questions: My husband is such a rock star. He works full-time (and I don't currently) but has uncomplainingly taken over running the house and keeping us fed since I have been such a basket case in the last month. Also, no more puking incidents since this past Monday. 

GTKY: Have you considered documenting your pregnancy in any way? If so, how? We do weekly belly photo updates. I don't plan to post them on social media, but want them for the baby album. 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 2/14, 9 weeks today!

How are you feeling? Usual nausea, fatigue, feeling fat and I'm totally loving it because there's a BB!  <3

Any upcoming appointments/testing/results, etc? July 25th is our next appointment!

Rant/Rave/Questions: Still on cloud nine from seeing heartbeat last week! 

GTKY: Have you considered documenting your pregnancy in any way? If so, how? I'm just doing progress pictures! 
    TW
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: moved to 2/18/20 😕 1 week more to possibly wait *hmph* 8 weeks 3 days

How are you feeling? Sooo tired, bloated, and hoping this group b strep goes bye bye

Any upcoming appointments/testing/results, etc? My next appointment is 7/23 where we will get the genetic testing done and also learn the gender 🥰

Rant/Rave/Questions: since I have been in and out of the doctor a lot this week dealing with my pain I found out I lost 5 lbs since Monday 😱

GTKY: Have you considered documenting your pregnancy in any way? If so, how? I always thought I would but I honestly haven’t had any desire to do so... energy is pretty non existent 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 2/27, 7+1 weeks

How are you feeling? Tired! But most excited because I saw my little one for the first time this morning!

Any upcoming appointments/testing/results, etc? Just had my first appointment today! Next appointment is Aug 19th

Rant/Rave/Questions:
    Rant: I'm still at the office....its 7pm on a friday!!!! 
    Rave: we get to tell our parents this weekend that they'll be grandparents!

I've been taking weekly pictures though now I'm going to have to change the first couple to be a week behind! So sad.Lol
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 2/8, 10 weeks today 

How are you feeling? Mostly tired. Some days I'm nauseous, some days are fine. I feel like I passed the mental anxiety hurdle and now I'm more relaxed that this baby will stick.

Any upcoming appointments/testing/results, etc? Tuesday for an US/checkup.

Rant/Rave/Questions: 
    Rant: I spent most of the week travelling for work which is frustrating because it was the second time in the past three weeks, it was to a place I hate, and for a dumb reason (it was a communications meeting, we have a communications department head, but the boss didn't want to send her. I spent the whole two days trying not to look as bored as I felt. This isn't my job; it's her job.).

I started an IF/pregnancy journal when we started IVF, but honestly, motivation has been so low this trimester that I don't think I've updated it since week 5. My 8 week US photo is sitting on top of the journal waiting to be put in, lol. Even the hobbies that I enjoy, such as knitting, have fallen by the wayside.
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 2/15, exactly 9 weeks today 

How are you feeling? Nausea and food aversions are controlling my life! Hypersensitive smell isn't helping. Sore boobs, fatigue, and bloating. 

Any upcoming appointments/testing/results, etc? Saw baby and heartbeat at 7 weeks. Finally meeting with my OB for the first time on 7/30.

Rant/Rave/Questions: literally everything makes me queasy. Like I just can't escape it. I'm looking forward to feeling normal again. 

GTKY: Have you considered documenting your pregnancy in any way? If so, how? I'm definitely thinking a weekly bump picture. I've seen other Moms do bump boards which look so cute, but also look like a ton of effort. Any weekly documentation I'd do would be private (no social media) and would just be a way for me to one day reminisce on this fleeting moment in time. 

• EDD/Weeks + Days: Feb22 8w5d

How are you feeling? Mostly good, a tad anxious 

Any upcoming appointments/testing/results, etc? July 25 first appt at the OB office 

Rant/Rave/Questions: 

GTKY: Have you considered documenting your pregnancy in any way? If so, how? Hmm not really I’ll be interested to see what others are doing for inspiration 

• EDD/Weeks + Days: Feb19/ 9w+1day

How are you feeling? Bloated, tired, food aversions and queasiness just thinking about it ha!

Any upcoming appointments/testing/results, etc? Just had my first OB appt this past monday. Have a consult with High Risk OB 7/25. 

Rant/Rave/Questions: Today I have a crick in my neck on top of everything else! 

GTKY: Have you considered documenting your pregnancy in any way? If so, how? Only keeping the ultrasound photos so far. Haven’t had much motivation so far this trimester. 
  • Bump!

TW
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: Feb. 1/ 12 +4

How are you feeling? Great! Most of my food aversions have eased up, and I have much more energy than prior weeks.

Any upcoming appointments/testing/results, etc? Had my 12 week appointment today and got to hear that sweet little heartbeat at 170bpm. 

Rant/Rave/Questions: I need 2 different pairs of clothes each day, one for before eating and one for my bloated food belly after eating haha!

I got a baby book during my first pregnancy that I didn't write in, and since that ended in mc, I haven't allowed myself to get real excited until now. Maybe I'll document more going forward.
  • @noxacanthus How did your appointment go?

@huskervbfan Too funny about needing two different pairs of clothes!  :D Glad your appointment went well!

@jca217131 & @candicenmc Good luck at your appointments tomorrow!  <3

@kayteep27 How did your appointment go yesterday?

@malloryfrommn Totally with you about the queasyness! Good luck at your appointment next week!

@babyroma How did it go telling your parents?

@mandk1233 That's so cute about YH!!! 
    TW
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: Feb 22/9w5+

How are you feeling? Pretty good these last few days. A little bit of nausea but I was able to work out on Monday. I haven't been to the gym since the nausea kicked in. I did walk 14K+ steps/day while I was on vacation for 2 weeks.

Any upcoming appointments/testing/results, etc? 8/13 NT scan and NIPT

Rant/Rave/Questions: what travel system, if any, are you considering and why?

GTKY: Have you considered documenting your pregnancy in any way? If so, how? The practice where I am going gave me a welcome package right after the u/s. It included the book 'what to expect when you're expecting", a water bottle with a straw, some nausea spray, mints, belly oil and their own book where you can write down everything that happened at your appointment.
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• @rikiteacup That's amazing you were able to get a workout in on Monday! So insane you walked so much on vacation! We probably are doing the Chicco travel system. It's a good price and we have heard good things about it! That is so cute that your practice gave you all kinds of goodies!
    TW
  • @brookert615 thanks for bumping this up because I totally missed it!

EDD/Weeks + Days: 02/27 8+5

How are you feeling? Better now that the heat finally broke but still nauseous and tired. 

Any upcoming appointments/testing/results, etc?  blood work Thursday (tomorrow) and MFM next week 08/01

Rant/Rave/Questions: Just super happy it's not 90+ degrees with a heat index of 100+

GTKY: Have you considered documenting your pregnancy in any way? If so, how? I've been too afraid to out anything down yet but I'm really considering doing it now.
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• @celticknotfire Totally agree about the heat! It was brutal! This weather seems so much better even though it's still considered "hot" lol. So exciting MFM is next week already! 
    TW
  • 22ksi222ksi2 member
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 02/23 9+4

How are you feeling? I was doing okay but this AM I awoke from sleep to throw up.  Usually it’s not until I get up myself. 

Any upcoming appointments/testing/results? Blood work 8/2, NT 8/13

Rant/Rave/Questions: we’re waiting until after the appointment on the 13th to tell family. First grandkid on both sides and I’m nervous they won’t be excited because I don’t even think it was on the radar. (I’m 31, it’s not like I’m a teenager)

GTKY: Have you considered documenting your pregnancy in any way? If so, how? I like the idea but it sounds like too much energy right now 
  • @22ksi2 What! First grand baby! They’ll definitely be excited!!!
    TW
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 2/1, 12+5

How are you feeling? Much better than I have been, but still super tired and having a hard time finding something to eat. 

Any upcoming appointments/testing/results, etc? Had my 12 week appointment today!

Rant/Rave/Questions: got to see my little nugget this morning ☺️ And I’ve been able to start running again for the first time since I found out so it's good to be getting some more exercise!

GTKY: Have you considered documenting your pregnancy in any way? If so, how? Yes! I’ve been taking a weekly bump picture since 4 weeks (for myself, not social media) and I also bullet journal, so I made a pregnancy bullet journal and haven been documenting my weekly symptoms and events, as well as doctor appointments, nursery ideas, how we shared the news, and keeping a gift log of what people have given us already! I’m a FTM so hopefully I can keep these up with any future kids 😂
  • @sbalkw91 Yay on seeing baby! Super wonderful you were able to get some exercise! 
    TW
  • @22ksi2 What?!! They will be super excited! And girl, it is on their radar but they are decent people and not bothering you with questions. Consider yourself super lucky!
    TTC#1
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2

• @22ksi2 Your families will definitely be excited! That's so exciting that it isn't even on their radar too so it'll be a huge surprise! 

@sbalkw91 I am so happy you got to see your little one! Hope the 1st trimester symptoms ease up soon for you, but it's awesome you got a run in. 

• @brookert615 The Chicco Bravo Travel System is currently my top contender. I tested it at Target and it is super light. It is the tradition for my MIL to buy the stroller/travel system. All my SILs had the Graco or Baby Trend for $200. This one will be an extra $179  :D I am sure my ears are going to ring!
    TTC#1

TTC #2

• @rikiteacup Hahah well they can DEAL!  :D
    TW
  • 22ksi222ksi2 member
    Well now I’m freaking out because the bump articles basically had my convinced my soap, shampoo and deodorant are all toxic. So I’ve been using “natural” brands for weeks that apparently all have sage or clary sage. Which is apparently also a no no? I feel like I can’t win. 
  • nhh11nhh11 member
    22ksi2 said:
    Well now I’m freaking out because the bump articles basically had my convinced my soap, shampoo and deodorant are all toxic. So I’ve been using “natural” brands for weeks that apparently all have sage or clary sage. Which is apparently also a no no? I feel like I can’t win. 
    I know what you mean. I’m scared of everything lol. I just keep reminding myself that women did this successfully for YEARS before anyone knew half of the stuff we’re supposed to be avoiding.  
  • @22ksi2 I agree, I totally feel like I keep breaking “rules” but I agree with PP! People did a lot of stuff while pregnant and had healthy babies!
    TW
  • @22ksi2 what products are you using? I've been using natural products for years and can maybe recommend some brands?
    TTC#1

TTC #2

• babylawyerbabylawyer member
    edited July 2019
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 10 weeks!

How are you feeling? Exhausted and nauseous, but excited! This still doesn't feel quite real, but as we get closer to the end of first trimester, it's feeling more real.

Any upcoming appointments/testing/results, etc? Aug. 8.

Rant/Rave/Questions: I've told just about everyone at work and they're all super excited!!! My boss couldn't have been kinder!

GTKY: Have you considered documenting your pregnancy in any way? If so, how? I think I'll start doing the bump photos after 12 weeks. I journal anyway. That's about it! Too tired for much more!
    First baby due February 21, 2019
    Located in Columbia, SC
  • @babylawyer That’s wonderful your boss responded so well! Totally agree about things not feeling real yet!
    TW