Pregnant after IF

3rd tri check in Month of July

This is a weekly check in for the mamas who have made it to the 3rd trimester!                                                                                   

• How far along / EDD?
  • How is everyone feeling this week? 
  • Upcoming appointments? 
  • Questions?
  • GTKY: what is your favorite summer time activity?

If you're just joining us please post a: 

Mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD
How many babies you are pregnant with
If you know the gender(s)
How you have been feeling going into 3rd trimester.

Please let us know if you need to be added to the list

Big congrats to @ndz2018 and @blackhottamales on their new arrivals

Mamas to be 

@babydust2507 7/12 BOY!

@flanners1 7/27 BOY!

@wilde1410 7/31 GIRL!

@wabash15 8/15 Team Green 

*TW*
TTC 1/2012
Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
TTC #3 5/2016
Restarted Fertility tx
IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

Re: 3rd tri check in Month of July

• Best of luck tomorrow @babydust2507!!!
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• Best of luck tomorrow @babydust2507!!!
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18

• Loading the player...
  • Hope it’s ok if I hang here, I’m officially entering the third Tri! Quick intro: took us about 3 years and donor sperm to get pregnant: one failed IUI, one round of IVF which yielded 3 beautiful embryos - one fail, one loss at 9 weeks, and the last one was this little trouble maker (a boy, of course). I had a SCH in my first trimester with very heavy bleeding. Then last month at 23 weeks my water broke and I have been hospitalized since (32 days now!). The SCH caused my rupture, which is apparently best case scenario for a pProm, so I’m just kind of stuck here until little guy decides to come on his own or until 34 weeks.
    • How far along / EDD? 10/2 original due date, scheduled induction for 8/21. 
    • How is everyone feeling this week? Feeling so much better every week I’m here. Getting a little stir crazy but could be worse. 
    • Upcoming appointments? Everyday lol, NSTs daily, vitals every 4 hours and ultrasounds weekly. Most recent U/S was yesterday and he looked great! Fluid is low but that’s so to be expected and doctors don’t care at this point. 
    • Questions? Anyone else have experience with a premie?
    • GTKY: what is your favorite summer time activity? Ugh beach, hands down. I’ve been staying off social media so I don’t get jealous of everyone’s summer fun!
  • @leilee101 WELCOME!! Its fantastic that you've made it to the third tri!  I don't have premie experience but I have heard that if you can make it till 32 weeks most babies do great with few if any long term complications. I'm glad everything is looking ok so far. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @leilee101
    I'm delighted that you've made it this far! The docs are right -- SCH is the best case scenario for a pprom. My little girl Anne was a late term preemie at 35 weeks and never needed any nursery time but you'll likely have a bit earlier than that! We have many preemies ranging from ex-preemie (<24-28 weeks) to late term (35-37 week) in our practice and they generally all do very well. The earlier ones require a bit more help in the beginning but these days, they generally even out by the time they're older! Generally once you make it to 30+ weeks, there are usually no long term effects and earlier than that you might see some early delays but they tend to even out. Boys tend to have a few more issues with breathing and such when they come early but that can all be managed by your NICU team. You're in the best place possible and I'm keeping you and your little one in my thoughts!

I can't imagine being in the hospital for 32 days!! I was in for a week with Anne (4 days monitoring, 3 days after delivery) and I was totally stir crazy by the end, I was begging my docs to discharge me. 

What you might want to do when you feel comfortable is to talk to one of the pediatricians on staff if you haven't selected yours yet and have them give you some info on what to expect. They can probably give you a bit more detailed info and reassurance and it might be comforting to get to know the docs who will be handling your little one's care. 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @leilee101 lurking here...congrats on making it to the 3rd tri! My little girl was 7 weeks, 1 day early and spent 18 days in the NICU. NICU life is tough, but it's all such a blur now and the NICU nurses are some of the most amazing people I've ever met. Let me know if you have any questions!
  • @mbradfo2 thank you for sharing your experience! Yes 30 weeks is our next big milestone, different kind of TWW lol. And we have a NICU tour scheduled for this weekend, we had been putting it off because we did not want to get ahead of ourselves but now that we have reached a gestation where the survival odds are so high I feel better about getting that part done. 

@mtpbadger I love hearing NICU success stories :) thank you! And I will probably reach out as we near closer to having a premie, I’ve been trying hard not to get ahead of myself and take things as they come but of course that’s almost impossible with nothing to do but think and wonder!
  • I realized I started this thread but didn't post!
    • How far along / EDD? 34+6 
    • How is everyone feeling this week? Ok. this kiddo was breech last week so I have been doing some things to encourage spinning but they are aggravating my back a bit.... 
    • Upcoming appointments? MW next week
    • Questions? nope
    • GTKY: what is your favorite summer time activity? swimming and hanging out in the hammock
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @leilee101 First Congrats for making it this far, I know it's  been a scary, turbulent road. You are rocking this thing, mama!

Second, I've  have 2 preemies, both were late term, but both were vastly different and faced their own set of challenges. My first was born at 35 weeks and didn't  need NICU time, however, he had a very hard time nursing at the beginning, and is dealing with some developmental delay with his motor skills and sensory issues. 
    My second baby was born at 36 weeks and was transferred to a level 3 NICU where he spent 21 days. Like @mtpbadger said, NICU life is tough, but the nurses are your lifeline. They are amazing and you need to lean on them. Boys have a harder time in the NICU for whatever reason, and it is frustrating to deal with the setbacks. Please feel free to reach out if you have questions or need to vent. NICU  moms have a higher instance of PPD, so please make sure you take stock of yourself. My PPD wasn't dx'd until he was 3 months. 

I know I just poured a whole lot at you, but I want you to realize that while this road is long, you will come out battered and bruised , but so much stronger than you thought. 
  • **lurking**

@leilee101 So great you made it to the third tri! I’m about 9 weeks behind you and I’ve had several SCH related bleeds. Also growing a boy lol I’m rooting for you and your little guy to make it to your induction!
  • @leilee101 thanks for sharing your update. I’m sure every milestone is wonderful. 

@wabash15 getting close! I hope your LO turns soon!
  • bkatpbkatp member
    @leilee101 congratulations on making to third trimester
  • @leilee101 I apparently missed some of your recent updates about your progression. You are a trooper and a warrior!! I can’t imagine that much time in the hospital but I bet you’ve made good connections with the nurses!!! I’m rooting for you and your boy. All the things are crossed that you make it to induction and the NICU time is short. 

• Hi everyone! I'm a frequent lurker :) Can't wait to join your group  <3 I'm technically in the last week of 2tri. But the realization that it's around the corner brings a lot of joy!
    So many of you here had super cute babies <3  
    @leilee101 I'm so glad that things are moving along for you. You and your boy are strong and surely everything will end great and you'll hold your happy and healthy baby in your hands!

• @dukie001 since our group is so small you are more than welcome to jump onto this thread a little early. Congrats on making it this far. I have been lurking your story and gosh it feels like time is flying (though it probably doesn't feel that way for you)!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Thanks @wabash15 :blush:
    Ok then, I'll give a little intro. I and my husband TTC on our own for several years, then with RE for about 3 years. I'm in the military, so it really delayed the process with all my unexpected trips in various locations. Slowly but surely we came to the point where it was time for FET...the first one failed, the second one was more successful with twins; however, one of the twins stopped developing between 7-9 weeks. The first trimester was rough, a lot of nausea and vomiting and bleeding, then after 16wks it all stopped. So far it is a smooth ride and I'm trying to enjoy it. Well, I also had a case of kidney stones a couple of weeks ago, but it is not baby related. Overall happy to be where I'm at right now with my baby boy and can't wait to hold him.
    • How far along / EDD? 27+3
    • How is everyone feeling this week? Feeling good. Sometimes I get really out of breath, even when just sitting on the couch, but it is very manageable. 
    • Upcoming appointments? On 29Jul, but I have a glucose tolerance test next Thursday as well.
    • Questions? When do you start looking for pediatricians? I mean, i have a list of good ones in the area, but when do I actually call them, tell about the new incoming baby and whether or not they accept new patients? 
    • GTKY: what is your favorite summertime activity? Going to the beach and riding jet ski. This year there would be no jet ski of course, but going on vacation in 9 days..YAY!
  • @dukie001
    I would call the pediatrician's office anytime at this point -- you're in the third trimester and only a few months away from delivery. They will often have you come in for a "meet the doc" visit if you like where you can meet the doc (obv!) and ask any questions you might have. They will also take a history from you at this visit so they're fully in-the-know when they come to visit baby in the hospital. I advise picking a pediatrician who is on staff at the hospital you plan on delivering at so that they can be the doctor handling baby's hospital exams and discharge. Then once you're delivering, you tell the nurses the doctor you picked, they call the doctor after baby is born and the doctor will come and examine baby - and then follow up for the next few days until discharge.  If it's a group practice, there's a chance that your pick of physician might not be the one on-call when baby is born -- and if that's the case, the on-call doctor will usually do the exams and discharge while briefing your selected physician on what's going on. I actually decided that I would pick our pediatrician by Russian Roulette haha -- I mean, I would pick whoever was on-call when baby arrived. Since my baby goes to the practice my family runs, I didn't want to make it seem like I was playing favorites or something! It turned out to be my first choice anyway :smile:

Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• @mbradfo2 Thanks for the advice! I didn't even think about the pediatrician coming to the hospital and checking up the baby. It gives me some anxiety, what else I don't know or don't think about...crazy isn't it? My husband asked me last night about vaccinating the baby, about when and how often...like I would know. In a matter of fact I don't know anything. :s Ok...that's me venting  :) I will be giving birth at an Army hospital on base (at Ft. Campell), their labor and delivery department is amazing, better than in surrounding civilian hospitals, well based on reviews. I talked to some mamas who gave birth there and they are all very happy with their experiences. However, we will most likely go with civilian pediatrician off base. I have to do some research. 
  • @dukie001
    Feel free to PM me with any questions -- I work in pediatrics :-)   The standard vaccine schedule is usually 4 shots at 2 months and 4 months, 3 shots at 6 months and then nothing until 1 year where you get a couple more. Depending on when baby arrives, you'll likely also want the flu shot at 6 months (with a second booster at 7 months).  I can explain what those are in more depth if you need :-)  It seems like alot but they tolerate it really well! 

You'll just need to look for a ped who takes Tricare (I'm assuming that's what you guys are on) -- not sure if they are able to check on the baby in the on-base hospital, but there might be a process by which they can get approved for that. We don't have any military hospitals near us or else I would know :smile:

Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @dukie001 we have a big hospital system so when your in the hospital its who ever is on call that examines your baby (and does the circumcision if your having that done). I researched the docs online and they all had profiles and short videos.  They also listed whether they were accepting new patients. (I did ask around a bit too but the top recommended ped I found was not taking new patients).  I picked one from the videos that I thought I would like best but never set up a meeting ahead of time. We love her and she has been amazing. I also love almost all of her partners, but if for some reason I didn't it wouldn't be a big deal to switch. Here all the docs have the same hours but in some places different practices have different hours or oncalll policies so that might be something you look into. Also if your interested in BF, finding a ped that is supportive of that can be helpful
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• dukie001dukie001 member
    edited July 2019
    @mbradfo2 @wabash15 Thank you! 
    I have another question, I will delete if not appropriate. I know I can read up on this topic online, but i would rather hear personal opinions. So it’s about circumcision. Our hospital offers 2 types of procedures: Plastibell and the other one where they actually cutting off the skin. I talked to one of my colleagues who has two sons: one got the ring that later came of and the skin came back somewhat and they had issues. With the other son they opted out with the ring since it was ineffective and did the old style cutting...more brutal but worked like a champ. So....it probably would break my heart seeing somebody cutting my son, my DH probably will lose conciseness or something (probably shouldn’t even be there). What experiences did you have?
  • @dukie001 I left the decision to circumcise to my DH.. he wanted to but when the time came (traditional method) the ped was not comfortable due to a mild curve in the penis. By the time we were able to schedule an appointment with a pediatric urologist it was too late to do it as an outpatient procedure and would need full anesthesia (which they did not want to do till he was over 1 year), so we elected not to do it.  If this one is a boy we won't do it. My BFF has 2 boys and had one done each way with no issues. I think the biggest thing is follow up care and making sure that you are lubricating the site to try to prevent adhesion. Also we were not given the option to be in the room when it was done... they just came and took him to the nursery. (though I guess if we had pushed we could have been there...) I hope what ever you choose goes smoothly. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Hi ladies, I feel so bad for having disappeared for so long. I’ve been following all the progress but issues with the app and just life getting in the way has kept me from posting!
    congrats to @ndz2018 and @blackhottamales on your new arrivals! 
    @leilee101 welcome to third trimester! You’re a true warrior mama for making it this far. I had severe incompetent cervix my first pregnancy and almost delivered at 20 weeks and then had bedrest for a few months (albeit modified) so I feel you! We didn’t have to do NICU in the end and went to 40weeks! I’d still recommend to prepare for NICU stay, get all the info you can and try to prepare mentally - preparation helps lower anxiety! Hang in there x 

How far along are you: 38 weeks and 4 days! Omg how did that happen! 
    how are you feeling: tons of ‘lightening crotch’ pain with baby pushing on my cervix, feels like I’m dilating and have some contractions every now and then plus had my bloody show this week (eek!!) 
    Next appointment is tomorrow. Will probably have another vaginal exam (which last time sent me into 2 hours of contractions). I could refuse to have a vag exam, but I want to know if I’m dilated. Last time I was 50% effaced. I’m trying for VBAC so all very exciting. 
    GTKY: it’s always summer where we live (Thailand) so I’m a pool and beach bum. 

@wabash15 hope your little one turns soon! 
    Me: 38, DH: 40 living in Asia
    TTC since March 2015 with known PCOS and MIF
    IVF in 2015. FET nr 3 in 2016 - BFP. Healthy baby girl born in April 2017.
    Trying for nr 2

• @flanners1 so glad you could check in. I know how crazy life gets. Fx all goes well for a VBAC. I had a VBAC last time and it was a great experience. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Great....I failed glucose tolerance test 😔. Now I have to do the 3 hrs test
  • @dukie001
    I failed mine as well but passed the 3 hr one. The nurse at my doctor's office says around 30 percent of people fail the 1 hr glucose challenge but then go on to pass the 3 hr one. Did you fail by a large or small margin? Even if you fail by only a few points you still have to do the 3 hr one.

Tips for the 3 hr one -- the drink is super gross (but I hate sweet drinks generally). It's very corn syrupy. Bring stuff to read and make sure your phone is charged/ipad charged since it feels like the 3 hrs take -forever-. I had to just sit in the waiting room at my doctor's office which was super uncomfortable :-(
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @mbradfo2 Good to know that 1st failure is not a final verdict 🙂 I’ll try really watch my diet. The Doc told me that their cut of number is 135 and mine was 145....so failed by ten. Unfortunately, I can’t repeat the test not until 29Jul because we are going on vacation tomorrow for a week. This is so weird, I’m not overweight, eat healthy, exercise to an extent and here you go. I know that women get it while pregnant, just really something I didn’t expect.
  • @dukie001 sorry you failed the 1 hour, hopefully you pass the 3 hour. It has nothing to do with fitness level/healthy eating... its just the hormones made by your placenta affecting how your pancreas works. On the upside these days women are monitored closely and it usually means no long term effects for the baby. Hugs. I hope you have a wonderful vacation.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @leilee101 how are you doing?
    @flanners1 are you still on track for trying for a VBAC?
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @wabash15 I’m good! Thank you for asking... just passed 30 weeks yesterday and after almost 50 days on hospital bed rest I still haven’t lost my mind. So best case scenario over here :) Our goal is 34 weeks for induction which would be 8/21!
  • @leilee101 you are a rockstar. Its fantastic that you've gotten to 30 weeks.  Just one more month (well even less), you can do it!! 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @leilee101 congrats on making it to 30 weeks!! You're doing an incredible job!!
  • Question for veteran mamas about “the basics”: I obviously had to cancel my baby shower due to hospitalization. We will be having a sip and see once baby is out of NICU and home and hopefully people will bring gifts to that, but obviously impossible to plan that now and want to make sure I’m somewhat prepared. So far I’ve gotten a bassinet and some clothes and wipes. Holding off on diapers bc I don’t even know what size I would need (premie vs newborn) and I can amazon prime those from the NICU close to discharge. I still need a car seat but researching that bc I will need one with a low weight minimum. What would people recommend as absolute must haves that I can try to order ahead of time? (Online shopping also gives me something to do!)
  • @leilee101 I tell all new moms all you REALLY have to have are some diapers, a car seat and then maybe some cloths (depending on season). Heck the kid can sleep in a drawer or a box....   having some burp/spit up cloths are helpful. one or two hooded towels.  for baths we went pretty basic and got a puj and did sink baths until they were much older. As for car seats, a lot of them go down to 5lbs and i would guess you wouldn't be bringing him home until he was at least that much. I am a huge baby wearer... plus I feel like with those littles they get a lot from that direct skin to skin contact and it keeps randos from reaching out and touching especially from a cold/virus/infection prospective. I have several kinds (ring slings, stretchy wrap-which I love for the new-new stage) a soft structured one especially for when they get bigger... It is handy later on to have some sort of a swing, bouncer, bassinet to set them in. My kiddos were aslo big on swaddling for sleeping and I was not always very good  at the swaddle cloths and tended to use the pre-made velcro swaddles. 
        some mom-care things to think about are large pads (like always infinity) or depends for the post partum bleeding (which is just as bad with a c-section as a vaginal delivery), lanolin for the nipples if your going to be pumping, a nursing or pumping cover if you are going to be doing that in a public/semi-private area (depending on your level of modesty) a fun reusable cup to drink plenty of water from. Something that makes you feel pretty (just because if your staying in the NICU/hospital showering sometimes its nice to have a hair band or nail polish or shoes or what ever that makes you smile. Pants with stretchy waist because that tummy does not go away right away (or ever) for most of us. Oh and if you have a C, a belly binder can be super helpful to give your poor abs some extra support. (I had and liked the belly bandit)
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• The NICU sent us home with some diapers but you'll probably need preemie ones. Hospital also had some preemie clothes they put my little girl in once most of the tubes were out but they'll let you know if/what you need to bring in as well (blankets, swaddles, clothes, etc.). Baby will be wearing swaddle blanket and hat for the first week or so until some of the monitoring tubes come out. You could always look into getting some cute little hats.  

My graco carseat I think goes down to 4 pounds and my little one was still under 5 pounds when we got sent home after 18 days so I was thankful we didnt' need to get another carseat. If you are planning on pumping, the hospital should set you up with renting a hospital grade pump - see if you can swing an extra set of pump parts to keep in the NICU so you won't have to bring anything back and forth if/when you get discharged. 

A hands-free pumping bra (or two) is necessary if you plan on pumping....I don't think I would have survived without one. Nipple cream as well. Comfy clothes that you can easily do skin to skin in - depending on the NICU you're in, you might not have a ton of privacy (we had curtains around each bassinet but in another hospital we toured there wasn't much space and sometimes privacy was hard to come by).

Congrats on making it to 30 weeks!!!

• @leilee101 When ds1 was born,  we only had a PNP and car seat, that was it.  My graco went down to 4 lbs, so it was a great option for both of my preemies. I second baby wearing.  For the early days,  I really like the Moby as you can go skin to skin easily.  Definitely get some nursing tanks, easy to do skin to skin in NICU,  but also protects the stomach if you have a C section.  NICU provided everything we needed as far as clothes,  etc. Definitely look into a pump,  you can usually get one through your insurance so you can pump at home.  The hospital kept a pump for me in the NICU.  I mostly put my preemies in NB clothes,  mostly because they were really long,  but also because it was hard to find preemie clothes. 
    We got one of those flowers that fit in the sink and did sink baths, serious game changer. Sink bathing is way easier when they are tiny as my babies never really liked the in the bathtub things. As far as soap goes, I really like Aveeno or Burt's Bees. Definitely look into burp cloths and get muslin ones if you can. They tend to be bigger and are super absorbent. You may end up triple feeding, so you will probably need a few bottles. I like dr. Browns bottles and both my boys liked them.

• Ugh, hit post too soon. Congrats on 30 weeks, you are amazing!!
  • I'll second the baby wearing too. I didn't have a premie, but everything @wabash15 said about keeping strangers away helps at any stage. We stayed very minimalist with everything for the baby and didn't have much. Carseat, diapers/wipes, pump, bottles, place to sleep, clothes (we stuck to zippered pajamas), and burp clothes are some basic items.  Velcro swaddler was a sanity saver at night. We also found that laying out towels in the countertop was the easiest bath at first. Unwrap one limb at a time, wash and rinse it with a washcloth. Didn't use our baby bathtub at all. 

We had a Cybex cloud Q carseat which went down to 4 lbs.
  • Thanks ladies this is so helpful! I just ordered the spectra S1 pump thru my insurance, which is portable, but the hospital has one that I can use when I am here anyways. I’ll start ordering a few of these things now and then once baby is born we will send out either birth announcements or invites for a sip and see with registry info. Hopefully most people will get the hint and just send things to our house. I’m bummed I didn’t get a shower, I didn’t have a bridal shower because I think they’re silly but I was actually excited for baby shower after all we have put into just to get pregnant in the first place. But sometimes life just takes the reigns and I’m so grateful that we are still fighting through this little curveball that’s been thrown our way. 
  • @leilee101 I'm sorry you won't get the baby shower you were hoping for. Hopefully the sip and see fulfils that desire to celebrate the pregnancy and birth without feeling like you didn't have a choice due to hospitalization. Someone (on here I think) had a baby shower at the hospital to help her feel like she was still getting to celebrate. Would that be an option too?