October 2019 Moms

The Great Question Thread

Re: The Great Question Thread

• @sweetteaandswingsmama I’m getting bad razor burn too. I shave with shave gel, exfoliate the area with a body scrub after then use coconut oil as lotion every day on the bad areas. It tends to just be my inner thighs so I don’t shave there as often. Fortunately I’ve only been around family in a bathing suit (and I have a skirt bottom that covers some of it) and I have been avoiding shorts that would show that area. Such a pain!
  • @sweetteaandswingsmama yes, the razor burn is worse! Also, ingrown hairs are worse. And the skin on my legs never got much better after my first pregnancy. Definitely don't have my sexy 20something year old legs anymore  :'(
  • Loading the player...
  • @sweetteaandswingsmama I have noticed I'm much more sensitive when shaving. Luckily I only have to shave my legs about once a week (hair is just not growing....) but my armpits are an EOD event and they are very irritated after. I have nothing to offer on the PreE front but hopefully it's not the cause of the swelling.
  • This is sort of a product spotlight question but I don’t think we’ve done strollers yet... Anyone have the Diono Quantum stroller? Thoughts/likes/dislikes? (I have the Diono Radian 3RXT car seat for DS1 and we love). 
  • @junebabyh I just bumped the thread. :) Sorry that I don't have any actual input on this (or any) stroller.
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Has anyone else been hit by a bad wave of dizziness late in the second trimester? I woke up about an hour ago and even rolling over made me really dizzy. My husband brought me Nilla wafers and water and eventually the only thing that made me feel a little bit better was sitting up. I’m doing my best to eat and drink water but I am a bit nauseous.

I’m chalking it up to low blood sugar but I had a snack before bed and through the night, which I haven’t done in awhile. I didn’t sleep well so maybe it just from that? But even just now the movement from switching from one side of the couch to the other made me dizzy again
  • @melanier26 I did a couple of weeks back. It lasted 2-3 and I just had to take it easy. I thought blood sugar too but nothing helped. How it passes quickly for you!!
  • Yep. I was on the middle of making coffee for DH and myself, felt nauseated and lightheaded, and had to go sit. I had just recently eaten, too! Trying to keep my knees slightly bent while standing and hydrating, hydrating, hydrating.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Happened to me about 2 weeks ago. I felt fine, got up to do laundry, got to the bathroom and almost fell over dizzy. Was on and off for the day even after juice and a long nap.
  • Trying to sleep sucks!! I sleep on my sides but my hips hurt so bad during the night. I used to sleep more on my stomach but if I just lay on it a little bit now baby girl starts kicking me like crazy. I know it smushes her lol I have a pregnancy pillow I put it between my legs and under my stomach to help but it doesn’t. Anyone have any advice? It starts as my hips but by the morning it’s my hips and lower back. 
  • @melanier26 I had it really bad for about 2 weeks. Nothing that I could pinpoint caused it, and nothing helped it. It seems to have passed and I’ll maybe get a small spell of dizziness for a min then it passes. I brought it up to my Dr and she wasn’t concerned either. 
    I hope it passes for you soon!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • @mrshoch2 I bought this knee pillow (it was only a few days ago, but it's no longer available from this seller and the price doubled) and it has changed my sleep for the better.

ComfiLife Orthopedic Knee Pillow for Sciatica Relief, Back Pain, Leg Pain, Pregnancy, Hip and Joint Pain - Memory Foam Wedge Contour https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ARJ7SBM/
    DD 10/2019
  • mrshoch2 said:
    Trying to sleep sucks!! I sleep on my sides but my hips hurt so bad during the night. I used to sleep more on my stomach but if I just lay on it a little bit now baby girl starts kicking me like crazy. I know it smushes her lol I have a pregnancy pillow I put it between my legs and under my stomach to help but it doesn’t. Anyone have any advice? It starts as my hips but by the morning it’s my hips and lower back. 
    I’m in the same boat.... 
  • @mrshoch2 I toss and turn all night because of hip pain. I have a body pillow that I tuck under my belly and then between my legs. It's definitely better then night when I sleep in DSs bed and have no pillows but still not 100% relief.
  • I have to switch from side to side but a pillow between my legs helps and also sleeping with a body pillow or pregnancy pillow.  I don’t want to jinx myself but I was more achy my first pregnancy compared to now number 3 lol
  • @melanier26 yep, been dizzy for a couple weeks now. It does seem to be getting a little better, or at least a little less frequent though. @mrshoch2 same here with the sleeping on the sides. Hips hurt either way and seem to be flipping every 15 minutes. Back is comfortable, but know I shouldn't sleep that way, and just the littlest bit on my stomach and LO will forcefully object. Hopefully the knee pillow gives you some relief.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • A few people had discussed getting a baby doll for their toddler early on and I was wondering if anyone had gotten it and/or had success with it? DS I feel like is at a great learning age right now (21 months) with a bunch of lessons that we want to stay working on with him and was wondering if anyone (especially any TTM's) might have any tips for helping ease the transition of baby coming in, in a way that won't upset his course of progress? Just for example we're working on sharing right now especially. And gentle touches/petting as opposed to hard touches/hitting. Positive affirmation and agreeing to things as well (his favorite word is still no).
         BabyGaga
  • @cooaladolly I’ve been really enjoying listening to the podcast “Unruffled” which is about parenting and focuses a lot on toddler behavior. There are a lot of episodes related to adding a new sibling. I know everyone has different parenting philosophies and you might not agree with everything in there, but it’s helped me get an idea of what types of behavior changes to expect (or not. We’ll see 😊). 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @cmbt2 I think we're going to go right ahead and get that season. PBS doesn't let you choose which seasons you can play on demand so I'm gonna look on Amazon for the DVD's.
    @greenbean-2 that's another great suggestion. Just subscribed!
         BabyGaga
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @cmbt2 I think we're going to go right ahead and get that season. PBS doesn't let you choose which seasons you can play on demand so I'm gonna look on Amazon for the DVD's.
    @greenbean-2 that's another great suggestion. Just subscribed!
    The dvd is called “big brother Daniel.” It focuses on the arrival of baby, adjusting to having to share mom and dad, and having to change some things you do to make it so baby can participate 
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • I'm also nervous for how bringing a new baby to the family is going to affect DD1. We're going to take her to a big sibling class.It teaches them how to help with the baby and what to expect. Like feedings, diapers, holding, etc. It says it's for ages 3-7. Do you have anything like that near you? Yours might still be a little young for that?
  • @cooaladolly I don’t know if your local library does dvds or not but if you wanted him to watch it before buying it that may be an option. We just checked out a book about being a big brother too. 
  • @cmbt2 I've actually found a clip or two from that season, just not the whole thing, on PBS. I did find the whole season on Amazon for under $10!
    @alinic916 my local hospital/doctor doesn't for that young but I'll look into local mommy and me type groups.
    @melanier26 I'll have to check into what they have. It's sad, I couldn't tell you the last time I was there. 🤦‍♀️
         BabyGaga
  • My kids are 20 months apart and I don’t remember the transition with bringing a new sibling home being a problem at all.  We did get a big sibling book that we read frequently but never any issues really.  I know every kid is different.  My two are inseparable and best friends now.  I hope that they always have that bond and hopefully the third baby will be just the same.  The thing I worry about is the middle child....
  • We did a lot of Daniel Tiger prepping too lol- and then I made up a basket of fun stuff just for him (things he loves and being a big brother) and made it special. My husband also spent a lot of one-on-one time with him when we brought the baby home. It’s a transition but you find your groove! As far as behavior regressing and practices you’re working on, I can’t really remember. I wouldn’t be surprised if it happens and to just go easy with and go with the flow. However I do remember age regression (all of a sudden he wanted a bottle and do baby things 😆)
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    dogmom5 said:
    My kids are 20 months apart and I don’t remember the transition with bringing a new sibling home being a problem at all.  We did get a big sibling book that we read frequently but never any issues really.  I know every kid is different.  My two are inseparable and best friends now.  I hope that they always have that bond and hopefully the third baby will be just the same.  The thing I worry about is the middle child....
    Since I like to be captain obvious, there is a major difference in how a 20m old reacts to this change vs a 2 year old. The mental development leap that occurs in those 3-4 months is quite astonishing, actually 
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Any TTM+ mom’s doing anything to prepare youngest LO for new baby? I am getting DD a Big Sister book and DS the Berenstain Bears Baby Makes Five book. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • Any TTM+ mom’s doing anything to prepare youngest LO for new baby? I am getting DD a Big Sister book and DS the Berenstain Bears Baby Makes Five book. 
    I am thinking of doing something for my youngest. While my oldest is super excited for the baby, my youngest has been really emotional lately and not like himself. I love the bernestain bear books and didnt know they had a baby makes five! Definitely gonna get that now ha 
  • @Meagan-t that is a great point to bring up! I remember being pretty nervous about that with our dog. We got very lucky, but do think it would have been prudent for us to have gotten some professional training before we brought home DS.
         BabyGaga
  • @telicious2 other than talking to them about the new baby I haven’t done anything.  I’m hoping their ages help (5 and 8)?  How old are your kids?
  • @quidditchcapn1120 DS is 6 and DD will be 3 next month. I am aiming to have DH tend to baby more this time when I am not BFing and to also have baby sleeping when we put the kids to bed so I can give them each 10 minutes of  1:1 time like now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • @Meagan-t I asked the nurse(s), that when my son was born, if I could have the swaddle they use to wipe him down with, to take home to my dog. That way she can become semi-familiar with his scent. Before he was born, my dog has been the “only child” for 8 years. I always talked to her about her becoming a big sister. Lol anyways, just an option on another way to help.
  • @Meagan-t I asked the nurse(s), that when my son was born, if I could have the swaddle they use to wipe him down with, to take home to my dog. That way she can become semi-familiar with his scent. Before he was born, my dog has been the “only child” for 8 years. I always talked to her about her becoming a big sister. Lol anyways, just an option on another way to help.
  • @jcbh2018 we did this as well with our dogs! It seemed to work well :)