October 2019 Moms
Options

Calling all crafty/nesting moms

2»

Re: Calling all crafty/nesting moms

• Options
    @meagan-t Yea I've been keeping my eye out for newer hand me downs. You use Ebates? Do you like it?
  • Options
    @Cass005 I love eBates! I've been a member for a few years now and have gotten about $387 (according to their history page) back from them. It's definitely a solid way to get cash back, especially when you stack it with discounted gift cards and cash back credit cards.
    DD 10/2019
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just finished making this for my husband. I used a 3M onesie I got for free since I have no idea if my baby will fit well into a newborn size. 😄 For those not in the know - because I didn't know earlier today until I called and asked him - this is a D&D reference.
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    @meagan-t LOVE it! We had something similar for DD but it was more of a Crit Hit  meme shirt. 
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    I never really make time for crafty things, but I’m finally nesting like whoa. I went through 6 bins of clothes that my DD’s have outgrown to separate what we will keep in their memory bins to pass down, what is being kept for baby, and what will be given away. 

DD2 is officially out of her crib and moved in with DD2, and I’m ready to start decorating this little man’s room!

I don’t keep much, but I have all their homemade blankets, birthday shirts, and take home outfits stashed away for when they’re older. DH thinks it’s silly to save those shirts and outfits, but whatever 🤷🏼‍♀️
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Options
    @PenelopeSnuz77 I don't really have much time for crafty stuff right now, but the nesting has kicked in. The rest of the family went to the beach this morning. I've been decluttering all the things! I want to get everything out and have it ready but we're so limited on space as it is, I'm forcing myself to wait until it gets closer. It's so hard because I want to do all the things! This baby's bed will be pack n play in our room for first 5-6 months so don't want to put that up yet. I've organized baby clothes, but they're in DD1's closet. And everything else is in storage at my mom's so I haven't taken anything out yet.  Maybe in another month or so.

• Options
    @cmbt2 MIL has some things saved from DH’s childhood that our girls LOVE - an old worn kid sweatshirt from our alma mater, sweaters that were SIL’s, etc. My mom saved nothing. We had a few awesome things I wish my mom would have saved and it makes me sad I have nothing knowing how special it’s been to have those things from DH. 
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I have a (mostly empty at this point) bin for keepsakes that I toss things in here and there for my kids to go through one day. Their ultrasound photos, etc are in there. 
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @quidditchcapn1120 That playroom sounds so awesome! I’m completely jealous as I sit in our small living room that is completely taken over by toys
  • Options
    It is seriously killing me that I cannot do anything yet. I'm going to go nuts as the time goes on like this.....
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    nnaelilak said:
    I'm not a big onesie lover

Blasphemy! 
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Options
    @nnaelilak those are awesome!

But I agree with @cmbt2 onsies are perfect. And this is coming from someone whose kid did not constantly mess with his diaper.....
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @nnaelilak those are awesome!

But I agree with @cmbt2 onsies are perfect. And this is coming from someone whose kid did not constantly mess with his diaper.....
    I have one kid that didn’t and one that was a poo-caso. Onesies4lyfe. I was so sad when I had to pack them away. They’re the perfect thing and no pants required!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Options
    I'm sure it wasnt funny for you at the time, @cmbt2, but Poo-caso has me 😂😂😂
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly thank you!! 

Hahaha we cloth diaper and I just love those little fluff bums 😍 Also we only had one blow out with cloth and he was a sick toddler, so I've haven't been worried about them since we switched over lol (we had many with disposables and thankfully while dressed in onesies haha) 
  • Options