Group 1 Check-In (12/1-12/8) w/o 7/8

EDD/W+D: 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appts:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What is something you are certain you’ll never experience?

Re: Group 1 Check-In (12/1-12/8) w/o 7/8

• BTW, I took the liberty of finding a page of GTKY questions and just picked one!  

—————

EDD/W+D: 12/1

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Pink!

Baby is the size of a(n): Hot dog 🌭? 

Upcoming appts: 7/17 Anatomy scan- woohoo!

How are you feeling?:  Pretty good- still easy to get carsick and dehydrated.  Sleeping has been less comfortable- I’m still not to the point of being completely unable to lay on my back, but it feels uncomfortable to lay that way post-dinner.  Easy to get filled up fast at dinner- that’s not so comfy!

Rants/Raves:  How long does it take to get people treating you like a pregnant woman with some bodily restrictions?  Holy cow, we’re in month 5, and yet I’m still finding coworkers obliviously not assisting me with physical activities.  I guess I’m in too good of shape, haha 😛

Questions:  When/if you feel kicks or flutters, is it still pretty low for you?  I feel movements well below my belly button most of the time.  Granted I have a long torso, but still.  Just curious to make sure development is going according to the plan!

GTKY: What is something you are certain you’ll never experience?  I will never sky dive or walk on that glass platform at the Grand Canyon.  I have an extreme fear of heights, especially in open settings.  Planes don’t bother me for whatever reason, because I’m contained I think.  If I feel like I could just free fall, no freaking way!!!

• @cpk3535 that stinks that your coworkers arent being more supportive.  Are they younger guys?  They're probably just clueless.  You might have to spell it out for them and let them know what you need.  My coworkers have been the opposite, protective of me, but most of them are women and many of them have children.

At my last OB appointment, my doctor had to go well below my belly button to find the heartbeat, so my little lady is sitting low, too.
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/W+D:  12/5, 18w4d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: pink💕

Baby is the size of a(n): artichoke

Upcoming appts: 7/24 Anatomy scan & 20wk OB appt

How are you feeling?:  just a little tired.  And I seem to be gaining quite a bit of weight.😬

Rants/Raves: I'm still off work this week and watching tons of tv and taking naps.  It's glorious!

Questions:  How much water are you drinking each day?  I feel like I'm struggling to get 6-8 cups in and worried about dehydration.  Do we need more than the typical 8 cups?

GTKY: What is something you are certain you’ll never experience?  Pretty much anything even remotely thrill-seeking...bungee jumping, sky diving, even zip lining. I'm a big chicken when it comes to that stuff.  I dont even like rollercoasters.

• @blueskychicago12 Yes, I do work with primarily men, not all are young, but most of them are not dads.  They just don’t get it 😛
  • @blueskychicago12 I’m struggling too. I find that drinking bottles of cold water helps but getting the dull 64 oz is a pain. I use crystal light to flavor a couple of the bottles and find it helpful.

@cpk3535 I’ve just started to feel him move, it’s sporadic, usually when I’m laying on my left side for a while. It’s always hip level, he’s low too!

EDD/W+D: 12/5 18w5d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Blue 💙

Baby is the size of a(n): Postcard 

Upcoming appts: Anatomy scan on 7/16

How are you feeling?: Ok, I’m still spotting from my big bleed before vacation. It wasn’t lightening up but yesterday got heavy again. It’s brown so I’m trying to relax.

Rants/Raves: Were almost done with baby boys nursery! It came together so well. We didn’t have ods to feel left out so I took him today to pick out things do redo his room too. He picked all vintage car/garage stuff. He’s growing up too fast for me!

Questions: I know hot baths were a no due to neural tube defects early on but what are the heat restrictions no? I’m trying to keep my tan and I’ve been laying out with a fun blowing on me and coming inside for breaks but every time I end up sweating I freak out. 

GTKY: What is something you are certain you’ll never experience? Like everyone else- skydiving, bungee jumping, rock climbing, riding a motorcycle, anything remotely fun. The older I get the more afraid of everything I get.

• @k_mama91 I think we are still supposed to avoid getting extremely overheated, mainly due to potential dehydration or issues with the baby getting enough blood.  But it sounds as if you are taking reasonable precautions to be sure you don't overdo it😎
  • EDD/W+D:  12/8, 18 weeks 2 days

Team finding out/pink/blue/green:   Scheduled the ultrasound for 7/22.    We'll be finding out.   I want to know if my 2 year old is right, lately he's randomly started saying "I love my baby sister". 

Baby is the size of a(n): slingshot 

Upcoming appts: Had my 18 week appointment this morning.   She said I can take Excedrin for my migraines since I am out of the 1st trimester but also encouraged upping my water intake.   We have our ultrasound scheduled for less than 2 weeks from today :O 

How are you feeling?: All in all, much better than the 1st trimester.   I still have my headache that started 5 hours ago, but I haven't been able to run to the store to pick up Excedrin after it was recommended at today's appointment.  

Rants/Raves: I get super annoyed when people tell me I shouldn't lift something at work (even when it's 5-10 pounds), I know it's okay to lift up to 35 pounds... and nothing at my job would be in that range.   I just think to myself "Thanks, I got this. If I didn't I wouldn't be doing this."

Questions:  Is anyone planning a gender reveal?   I'm trying to figure out what to do this time around.   With our first we opened a box on Christmas day and blue balloons came out, with our second we found out at our appointment and took a video of big brother, when we asked A, what is that?   he said "Baby BOY!" and we shared it with our family and friends.  This time I'd still like to do something but have no idea what, and my MIL and BIL will be visiting and since they weren't present at the 1st gender announcement I thought it would be fun to do one with them this time around. 

GTKY: What is something you are certain you’ll never experience?

blueskychicago12 At my appointment today my OB said I should aim for 80oz of water a day, but I've also heard you should aim for half your body weight in ounces.  

cpk3535  below my belly button is where I would expect to feel kicks or flutters at this point, when checking uterus size my OB said at 18 weeks it'll be 1-2 cm below the belly button.   So I'd think that would be the right spot for this time frame :) 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @allison_smith_6212 maybe cupcakes filled with pink or blue, have your boys do a water gun fight wearing white shirts with colored paint, unwrap a pink or blue outfit, throw darts at water balloons filled with paint. I didn’t do one but if I had it would’ve been simple,diy, and just filmed and sent to family and friends.
  • @allison_smith_6212 oh no!  Half my body weight in ounces is definitely quite a bit more than 64 😖  but thanks for that info!  I'll get to drinking!
  • @k_mama91 I was thinking about you and the spotting- I hope it’s going away.  What causes so much extra spotting?  What has your doctor said?  

@allison_smith_6212 Haha, you and have opposite work problems!  I work with a bunch of self-centered man babies, and you have an overly protective flock watching you.  I can see how both sides are annoying!  

Everybody- is anybody else finding the daily size references to be super confusing?  Some things seem much smaller than an item that was references on an earlier day!  Today, I got dollar bill, but last week, didn’t they say the baby was the size of a Frappuccino or something?  It’s just funny 😄 
  • k_mama91k_mama91 member
    edited July 2019
    @cpk3535 Today we’re  as tall as string cheese but last week we were  as big as a Hershey bar? 🧐

Its actually darker than it was over the weekend, but still brown so I guess it’s fine. Originally it was our other twins sac but that was gone at our scan on the 6th. When I had a bleed on the 7th and spoke to the on call he didn’t say a cause just that it could’ve been undetected due to the clot already dissolving and moving towards my cervix to be expelled? Without cramping or bright red gushing I’m just hanging out until my anatomy scan next week. I’ve read that bleeds like this can cause PPROM so I’ll be pressing for any answers I can get.
  • On a side note, and one that some people might think is nonsensical, according to yogic texts, we as a group are right at the time when baby’s soul enters their body (120th day of pregnancy).  I like to think that now I have a real tiny person with a destiny developing inside of me now.  Take that with a grain of salt, but kind of cool ❤️😊
  • @cpk3535 cool!  Hard to believe that we are hitting the halfway mark.  My birth scheduled for 37w5d, so I'm halfway today.
  • EDD/W+D: 12/3, 19w1d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Decided we are going to find out, anatomy scan on friday!

Baby is the size of a: mango, but also a hot dog?

Upcoming appts: Friday 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good! Ive been waking up with a sore neck but otherwise no conplaints

Rants/Raves: just got back from a mini vacation to the Badlands/Black Hills and DS (almost 18 mos) was such a trooper

Questions:

GTKY: What is something you are certain you’ll never experience? Similar to many of you ladies, i would nevwr skydive or bungee jump (but i have ziplined and rappelled a waterfall!)

@k_mama91 my dr said to keep baths below 100 deg. But general heat outside, sounds like you aren't overdoing it

• EDD/W+D: 12/4, 19 weeks 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: pink 💕

Baby is the size of a(n): mango 🥭 

Upcoming appts: Monday, July 15th for anatomy ultrasound! 

How are you feeling?: pretty good overall but physical discomfort in my hips and low back has kicked in. sleeping is getting a bit annoying. yoga and pilates help some but it’s a struggle! also been napping a lot and very hungry this week! and i'm noticing a pattern of forgetfulness, which is definitely ramping up as well. 

Rants/Raves: my brother and sister in law had their baby boy today!!! my little nephew is so sweet and perfect. we are overjoyed. i’ve never held a newborn before today and wow... so tiny and cuddly. what a beautiful, emotional day!! 

Questions: who has felt movement and how do you FOR SURE? i’ve felt a lot of stuff going on but i just can’t tell if it’s gas or stretching! i’m so excited to know for sure when i feel it. 

GTKY: What is something you are certain you’ll never experience? hunting. i am an animal lover and could never do that! 

• EDD/W+D: 12/6

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: IT’S A BOY! We found out on Saturday! We’re completely over the moon! 

Baby is the size of a(n): artichoke 

Upcoming appts: Anatomy scan at 21 weeks, doctor wanted to do 20 but I had to push it back for work reasons. 

How are you feeling?: Good got my energy back. 

Rants/Raves: We found out Saturday at our gender reveal that we’re having a little boy. Besides my husband our neighbors are super excited. Each neighbor has girls, one is 4 months yeh other has two a 2 year old and a 5 week old. The guys are so excited for a boy on our street to play ball with it’s so funny. 

GTKY: What is something you are certain you’ll never experience? Bungee jumping is an absolute no go for me! 

• @blueskychicago12 I find I'm more likely to drink enough water if I have a massive bottle by me. The one I take to work is 1.5L and I've usually been finishing it. Large cups at home also help me, and straws do too sometimes because I can mindlessly sip. 

EDD/W+D:  12-4 /19w1d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: We're pink! Anatomy scan yesterday! 

Baby is the size of a(n): mango

Upcoming appts: nothing for a month. Anatomy scan was yesterday and went well. 

How are you feeling?: feeling crappy if I don't eat, still. A little less anxious since the anatomy scan confirmed a high anterior placenta (hence, not really feeling movement). Baby girl seemed to be snuggling with it so we didn't get great pictures, but all the organs looked good. 

Rants/Raves: I'm ready to be done with this musical. After the weekend I will be. So much sewing!

Questions: 

GTKY: What is something you are certain you’ll never experience? Skydiving. I have no interest in jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.