December 2019 Moms
Options

NIPT results discussion and questions

124»

Re: NIPT results discussion and questions

• Options
    @midgerose86 good to know, thanks!  I also had my blood drawn last Wednesday and I got the results this morning. I think you can expect to get them any day now!
  • Options
    @midgerose86 mine was super fast. Did labs Weds morning, had results Friday morning. Oh interesting, my OB sends the lab request electronically. But that makes total sense. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    All these tests are confusing! My midwife offered a test to screen for neural tube defects at my 16 wk appt but I declined it as she said they're exceedingly rare. 
  • Options
    @bookworm492 @anniemarie887 Ugh just heard from my OB’s office that they’ll “review the results with me” from the quad at my anatomy scan...which is 3 weeks from now. 😭 
  • Options
    @midgerose86 oh strange. Does your practice use an online portal? All my lab work gets uploaded in there as soon as my OB sees it. 

@bookworm492 it definitely rare, but if you feel like you want the lab work done I believe it can be done up to 20 weeks. 
  • Options
    So we went in for out 15 week appt this week, I told Doc we still hadn't heard from Genetic Dept...he was like "oh they didn't even call you yet?" I'm like NOPE. I'm over it now...but what if I was a person who seriously wanted the scan??! Very strange to me because they are usually so on top of everything! Oh well! lol. He also stated that the majority of his patients don't go through with the testing which made me feel better about just saying "forget about it".  Random rant over