Pregnant after IF

PAIF- New Mommies July/August 2019

It’s July already! Where does the time go???
With fewer mommies on TB, I thought we can do a bimonthly thread instead. 
Any exciting plans for the Fourth of July? I have the fourth and fifth off so it’ll be a nice 4-day weekend. Thinking about taking my son to a science museum this weekend. And he has a 15-month appointment on Friday. 
Me: 41  DH: 46
Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  

Re: PAIF- New Mommies July/August 2019

• I can’t believe it’s July! We are going to a friends house in the afternoon so we’ll bum around in the morning and go to our pool. Abigail is loving the pool and we’ve been going almost every day after work/daycare. It’s a lot of work getting changed, sunscreen on, Schleping everything down for 25-30 min but it’s so much fun and I’m glad she’s a water baby. I’m starting to get organized for our trip in 1.5 weeks, I’m SO excited to see my fam! 

@cashewchicken, how’s the weaning going? Abigail decided last week she was back to biting so I decided to be done nursing. I’m sad we didn’t end in better terms but she wasn’t into it much anymore. She was crabby the first 1-2 days after daycare (I nursed once a day when we got home) but I made sure to keep busy. I’m almost done pumping and this week will be the last. I have so many emotions...glad it’s over but also emotional too. Also glad I’m done before our trip and I don’t have to bring my pump stuff!!!

anyone have tips on getting rid of the bottles? We’ve been trying to transition Abigail but it’s been tough. Do we go cold turkey or slowly transition? She’s GREAT about drinking water from a straw cup throughout the day but once we put milk in there, she just pushes it away. 

• @mtpbadger
    There is a sippy cup/bottle combo made by MAM which helped us alot in the early days. It looks alot like a bottle so it's a bit easier to use for transitioning.  https://www.amazon.com/MAM-Trainer-Handles-Ounces-1-Count/dp/B00DYOQKR6/ref=sr_1_4?crid=25OI4H17DNAF0&keywords=mam+sippy+cup+training&qid=1562015962&s=gateway&sprefix=MAM+sippy%2Caps%2C164&sr=8-4

Basically, I just started her getting used to taking one bottle on her own (feeding herself from the bottle rather than me holding her) around 10-11 months. We did this once a day for awhile and then I started mixing in sippy cups on occasion to introduce them. Once we started tablefood with milk and 3 solid meals a day, I would offer the sippy with milk at the meal, no pressure to drink it. That's the big thing I think -- I was stressing at first at whether she was drinking it or not, and my dad assured me that it didn't matter as long as I was making sure she got yogurts and cheeses and plenty of other food/water. So we had days when she rejected the sippy and days where she drank from it, but now at 15 months, she's totally used to them. But she calls them 'baba' haha.  I guess she equates them with bottles. Gradually I worked her favorite bottle out of the rotation and now she's pretty much a sippy cup pro. 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Loading the player...
  • @mtpbadger Well, I think I’m done nursing. He hasn’t had any milk from me in 3 nights. I think he’s done too as he didn’t demand milk from me every night like before and forgot to nurse on Wednesday and Friday. The last two nights he did want milk but I distracted him with books and stuffed animals. Interestingly, my body might be done, too. I haven’t nursed in over 72 hours yet I don’t feel engorged. I know what you mean about having so many emotions. When my son didn’t ask to be nursed on Wednesday, I planned to quit then, but I missed him and caved in on Thursday. But as soon as I started nursing, I thought, eh, I’m done. He doesn’t bite anymore but still it’s not that comfortable with so many teeth. Since he grew his upper teeth, nursing felt like someone is putting a comb against my nipple. I wouldn’t say painful but definitely not comfortable. One upside to stopping nursing, I think I’m getting my period back! I turned 41 last month so I wanted to TFAS so that’s a good thing. 

About the bottles, we kind of stopped cold turkey when my son moved up to the toddler class at his daycare. He took a while to get used to using the sippy cup though, but not sure if that also had to do with not wanting to drink cow’s milk. We thought at first he didn’t like the sippy cup but he wouldn’t drink milk from the bottle either. And he also refused to go back to drinking from his bottle (Maybe peer pressure?). Maybe try different bottles?
  • @cashewchicken that’s great you haven’t gotten engorged! I feel like as soon as I stopped nursing that once per day, my body was like okay I’m done as I haven’t felt too bad either. After struggling to get her to nurse (took 3 months for her to latch due to her being a preemie) I’m so proud I was able to nurse her for over a year and still have quite the freezer stash so she’ll be getting breastmilk for awhile still. 

I am hoping ill get a cycle once I’m done! I don’t have high hopes though since I’ve never had one naturally before (thanks pcos). My skin is freaking out with the hormone changes though...ugh hello middle school acne! We’re going to schedule a consult for late summer/early fall. So many emotions with that too!

Abigails still in the infant room and so far we haven’t gotten notice about moving her up. We are merging with another location that closed so I think they are waiting for that to settle before having babies switch rooms. Hopefully that’ll make the bottle to sippy cup transition easier. Also maybe her seeing my nephew use a sippy when we’re on vacation could be the boost she needs. 
  • @mtpbadger
    The nephew visiting might help! I know Anne always has to be doing/eating/drinking whatever her cousins are :-) That's how I found out she loves freeze-dried strawberries

Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• Hey y'all! Sorry I haven't been around as much as I would like.  Matthew will be 9 months on the 15th and I'm over here like how did that happen? Didn't he just come home from NICU? He is am eating machine and had decided that BLW is more his speed over purees. He literally tries to take all the food.  If ds1 is having a snack,  he has to sit on the couch to eat it otherwise Matthew will steal it! He is waving bye bye and calls out mama when he is upset. We are working on signs,  so that will help him feel like he can communicate better.  Like his brother,  his receptive communication is of the charts,  which can make him a little frustrated.  So far, I haven't found a food that he refuses,  which is wonderful since ds1 is insanely picky.  His reflux is still awful and our transition back to zantac didn't last long as he cried all day and I cried with him.  After giving it a week,  I called his GI and they put him back on the omeprazole. Our regular dr is OOT, so I expect her to call when she gets back in because she doesn't really want him on it past 3 months,  this is month 4ish. I'm not sure where that will leave us,  if that means a barium study or not.  

On another note,  DH got a new job in a different town,  so we will be in the process of getting our house ready to sell and moving.  I'm already exhausted thinking about how to do that with a toddler and an infant.  
  • @mtpbadger You're so lucky you have a pool (or access to one)! My son hasn't been to a pool yet. He loves sticking his face in the water so I've been thinking about enrolling him in a daddy and me swim class.
    Congrats on nursing Abigail for over a year! It's definitely not easy.  My son took a while to nurse successfully too (Tongue Tie. Ouch!), but we made it! 
    My son was moved up to the toddler class as soon as he turned one, before I was emotionally ready for him to move up to the class. But we're so glad that he did. Shortly after he moved up, he took a first step and now he is walking and even starting to run. He doesn't do this at home (well, we don't encourage him to), but at school he actually takes the dishes to the kitchen after he's done eating. He is learning so much from school and just watching his classmates do things. He's not learning to talk much though, but hopefully that'll come soon.

@mbradfo2 Freeze-dried strawberry sounds yummy! We are currently growing strawberries in the backyard so my son loves eating freshly picked strawberries but I haven't yet given him any freeze-dried kind. I'll try it this weekend!

@wildrainbow I'm glad Matthew is a good eater! But I'm sorry about his GI issues. Hopefully that will resolve soon so that Matthew can continue to enjoy eating. Congrats on your husband getting a new job! Moving with a toddler and an infant sounds challenging but I'm sure you'll do fine! DH and I have been talking about moving too, though it probably won't happen for another 4 years or so. Our house is a nice house, but it's not in a great neighborhood or near good schools. Easy access to where we want to be, so when we didn't have any kids, it was great. These days I'm just amazed how much stuff we managed to accumulate already. We've lived in this house for about 8 years now and we have SO MUCH STUFF. I feel like moving is the only motivation to get rid of stuff at this point because I'm not hauling all the junk from this house to the next! My plan for this 4-day weekend besides taking my kiddo to a toddler-friendly play area, is to Marie Kondo my house. 90% of the stuff in this house is not sparking joy at all.
  • @cashewchicken We have a crap ton of stuff too. We've lived in our house for 12 years, and not including the kids stuff,  we will probably be losing half of it as it's stuff we've accumulated over the years.  Luckily,  moving is a good excuse tip go through and get rid of a lot,  especially stuff mmt husband had had since high school, why I don't know.  I do know that going through everything will require the kids to be out of the house.  
  • @wildrainbow yay for Matthew being a good eater! Hopefully his reflux will lessen soon. We've been trying baby sign language with Abigail but she is so not into it. I can't believe he is almost 9 months! I swear you just had him! The move will be stressful but you can do it! Is there anyone that can take the kids for a day (or even half a day a few times?) so you can knock out some big chunks of organizing/packing? If they will sit and watch a tv show for 30-45 minutes, you might have to do some extra screen time to make it through.

@cashewchicken we did a HUGE purge before Abigail was born. We live in a condo with limited storage space so we got rid of a ton since her room was our overflow room of everything. We have been talking about moving but like you, our place is so convenient to everything (we can walk to daycare and target!) but I want a house and our neighborhood and schools aren't the best. The pool has been awesome so far. We did baby swim lessons over the winter to get Abigail used to the water and I'm glad we did. We were told she was going to be moved up right after her 1st bday but she is SO small compared to the other kids in the toddler room so we had mentioned to the director about waiting a few weeks but still haven't heard anything. They are creating a new "Wobblers" room for ages 12-16 months for kiddos that aren't quite walking so I think she might go in there with some others that are aging out of the infant room before the toddler room. She's not talking either - just constant babbles. At her 1 yr appt her Dr said she might do a referral to early intervention if she's not talking much by 15 months, but I'm not too concerned. 
  • @mtpbadger @wildrainbow
    Moving is a special kind of hell. We were thinking of selling our house to get something a little bigger, but our realtor indicated the market wasn't so good in our area and we just love our neighborhood so much (quiet, friendly folks, lots of trees and green). So we're just putting on an addition and hopefully that will help with our size issues! The schools aren't great anywhere in our county so we've been planning on private school for awhile. The local university has a merit based school which would be awesome for her to get into but if not there are other great private schools. 

Anne's vocab is starting to expand a little but we'll see what her doctor says at her appointment. My dad says she's just fine and you can't force development -- he thinks the success of speech therapy is often just 'tincture of time' - but he's not her pediatrician hehe. She's saying mama, baba (for her sippy cup), 'all done' with a hand gesture and 'hi'. She'll also say 'dada' with meaning when DH gets home. The mama and baba are fairly new and she doesn't use them all the time just when she's frustrated and really wants to get attention or convey her meaning. She's also started pointing alot at things that interest her which she didn't do much of before. I think her receptive language is much vaster than spoken at this point. I'm able to ask her to do small things ('Bring mommy her phone') or ('Pick out a book to show mommy') and she'll do them. 

Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @mbradfo2 Abigail's receptive language is pretty good - I hadn't even thought about that aspect of it! She's able to follow simple commands. She has also been pointing FOREVER and now grunts (or yells) and points when she wants something lol. She is getting very opinionated and lets us know when she does not want to do something. 

I'm originally from the midwest and DH has said he would like to move there before Abigail starts kindergarten. We had been casually looking in our area but it's SO expensive and the inventory is really low right now. We will prob make due in our condo for another 1-3 years and then figure out where we want to go permanently before Abigail starts school. 
  • How's everyone's weekend going? So far my weekend has been going great. Got a lot done so far and it feels great. Took my son to the museum on the 4th, yesterday was his 15-month appointment and we also did some shoe shopping for my son. Today I spent some time cleaning out the closet, donated some clothes and shoes to a family member and finished some of the laundry. Why do I have so much stuff ??? We did some purge before our son was born but definitely not enough. I still own a set of color pencils that I received from my mom for my 10th birthday. It’s been 31 years now. Argh. 
    @wildrainbow My husband still owns (but doesn’t wear) a jacket from his high school days. He worked multiple jobs to save up for it so it means a lot to him and he will never let that jacket go! He wants to pass down to our son (eye roll...) 
  • Our weekend has been busy. We went to our friend's  to swim and eat BBQ on the 4th, chilled at home Friday, then went swimming again yesterday. Matthew woke up this morning with a fever, so I'm wondering if his congestion turned into an ear infection. He practically nursed all night and I'm trying to balance the delicate between caffeine limits and breastmilk. 

In other news, Matthew waves hello and goodbye and it's  basically to cutest thing in my life. 
  • It's been storming here so we've been laying low except for quick trips to the store. Had 4th of July at my parents' and Anne was completely tuckered out when we got back.  She's also starting to say 'mama' regularly now which is exciting! She says 'mama' or 'dada' to get that person's attention; it's very cute! I got her her first doll this weekend (cabbage patch that is all plastic so it can go in the bath with her). I'm hoping having a new friend in the bath will help with her distress over bath-times. Her soothie is still Mr. Moose who can't go in the bath so we're trying all sorts of different things. Mr. Moose mainly hangs out in the car for car rides since she gets antsy being trapped in the seat - but Mr. Moose makes it all okay. 

She's also actually sitting through listening to short books now which is a change! DH had to read her 'go, dog, go' about three times the other evening (once was apparently not enough for her). She's a big fan of Dr Seuss style books with bright, strange pictures and rhymes. 

We've had a number of extremely cranky days this week but I'm chocking that up to the leap (9th) she's currently in. Hopefully they will pass soon....but I think we still have 15+ days in the leap. >.< 

I have her 15th month scheduled this Thursday and I can't remember if she'll get shots or not...
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• Hopeful_momHopeful_mom member
    edited July 2019
    Sounds like everyone had a nice holiday we just layed low as it was a busy week! I think she also has another tooth coming as she was on my boobs a lot!! Here I’m trying to
    keep it to bed time but seems she’s in comfort mode and not having it.  @mtpbadger sounds like weaning went well for u! Hoping mine will be that seamless but I don’t think she’s ready and neither am I  :s:D

@wildrainbow wow waving already good for u!! I feel like kind just started doing that and she picks and chooses whether she wants to do it or not! The best was my mom went to throw out the trash and she blew her a kiss goodbye lmao!!!

@mbradfo2 awww hearing her say mama and know that she means u must be amazing! Mine still thinks it’s food and since I still bf I guess it goes hand it hand haha!!!  Does Anne ask for milk at all? U still
    give her milk separately?  Shayla is teething so I’m not sure if she just wants soothing or
    is still hungry, sometimes it’s a tough call. 

@cashewchicken 15 months already, it’s going too fast. 
    History of TTC in spoiler box
    TTC since 2014
    Unexplained Infertility - but I am 40...Low AMH .30
    7 - IUI (50mg-150mg Clomid) Feb - August 2016 all BFN 
    IVF#1 August 2016 (Antagonist protocol 4/5 eggs) Cancelled cycle :( RE thought I would get at least 10.
    IVF#2 Sept 2016 (microdose luporn pro - disappearing follies, ONLY ONE, convert to IUI) BFN
    IVF#3 November 2016 (4 ER, 3 F,  3DT)-BFP  with TWINS // MC both at almost 10wks  :'( 
    IVF#4 March 2017 //EPP  (10 ER (1 wonky so 9 ER) 7F, 3B (5AB, (2)5BB) PGS tested- ALL abnormal  :'( 
    IVF#5 April 2017 // EPP (7 ER, 7F yes! 6B) 2/5 day 4/6 day - 2 PGS normal! yes!! :)
    IVF#6 May 2017 // Antagonist didn't have time for Estrogen Priming...(4 ER, 3 F, 3B) (5AB, (2) 5BB) 2 PGS normal, yes!! :)
    IVF#7 June 2017 // EPP praying this is it and then on to an FET!

• @Hopeful_mom
    My heart completely melted the first time she distinctly said 'Mama' to me. I was sitting at my desk, working, while she was toddling around the room eating a pouch. She came up to me with the half-empty pouch, dropped it in my lap and looked up at me and said, "Mama!" -- since I always help her squeeze the last bits out of her pouches when she's eating them. She's been using it pretty regularly since then but it really wrings your heart when she's saying it while crying (like when I was giving her a bath).

She uses 'baba' for milk (bottle) when she wants it but she's not usually too demanding about milk -- she prefers to eat tablefood now. She eats pretty much everything we eat because she gets upset if she's not eating the same things as us -- although when we go get pho, I have to explain to her that my food is too spicy for her and she gets yummy spring rolls to eat. I've been thinking that I'll need to up our hellofresh plan to a family plan soon since I'm currently turning 2 adult portions into 2 adults + 1 toddler portion. Luckily they are pretty large portions so we aren't missing it!

Anne FINALLY has found some veggies and fruits she likes to eat plain -- she loves broccoli (crazy, right?) and mandarin oranges. She'll also eat freeze dried fruits so we have a vast selection for snacks. Otherwise she's a pretty good eater so I think I lucked out! 

Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @hopeful_mom weaning went better than expected! I still have moments were I really miss nursing Abigail but I just make sure to get extra snuggles in elsewhere. 

Abigail has started hugging and it is just about the cutest thing ever. She started hugging her stuffed animals last week and the other day climbed into my lap, wrapped her arms around me and just squeezed. Then climbed down and continued playing. My heart melted. Since she's been born, I've been saying to DH that "this is the best stage" and then she keeps growing, her little personality keeps coming out and it keeps getting better and more fun. 
  • We had our 15 month check up yesterday -- all good and the doctor said she felt Anne was even advanced in certain ways. Anne was incredibly upset at the appointment and just cried whenever the doctor examined in her (same doctor she's known since birth so not anyone new) and when she had to be measured/shots/etc. The doctor said that was normal; she's just developing a sense of independence and her own "space". So far no reaction from the shots, so that's good. She was super tired yesterday afternoon after the appointment but then struggled with regular bedtime.

I can't believe she's already 15 months old, walking and practically talking! There is so much about this stage that is trying, but I love seeing her little independent personality come out. 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• How is everyone doing? Had a really great Fourth of July weekend and then we got hit with side effects from his MMR shot he received on the 5th. My son missed 3 days of daycare (we didn’t know what was causing the fever at first) and I ended up missing quite a bit of work too. The little time I spent at work, I kept making bonehead mistakes and I had to repeat so many experiments (I’m a scientist). Ugh

I agree with all the moms this is the best stage yet. My son is full of personality and I love it. When I get back from work, he stops whatever he is doing and walks over to me to give me a big hug! And he recently started to shove his finger up his nose. Not quite booger picking but his finger migrates up there quite often. The first time I saw it I laughed and I may have encouraged him to do it often, lol. 

I spoke to the pediatrician about our son’s lack of words and he didn’t seem to be concerned just yet. And he gave me some suggestions on what we can work on to expand his vocabulary (I made a few mistakes, oops) and what counts as words. I realized I had a rather unrealistic expectation on how he should speak. He is actually saying a few words already but not all words are spoken in a way that I understood. He also understands commands in English and in my native language! Yay!

• @cashewchicken I'll share my experience with our son and talking. The twins are twenty months but his development especially made me nervous until I "figured out" how he's processing stuff. He has between 3-4 weeks of just intake and processing in his little brain and then it seems almost overnight he leaps forward developmentally in over maybe 3-4 days. This past four day weekend he went from only 10-15 single words to three word sentences. Its just really cool to watch. I just wanted you not feel uneasy about it, that verbally our little dudes just seem to progress that way?
  • @mbradfo2 omg that is so sweet!! Sounds like u had a great check up glad Anne is doing so well hope it continues! Go Anne!!

@mtpbadger awwww giving hugs that’s the best! I feel like I get the extra hugs during teething and being overtired so I’m gonna look forward to the just because ones!!

its true that every stage is better then the next, I still can’t believe how much one year a difference does make!  She loves our wheels on the bus book since it plays music, I love that she brings it over so I see with her, it’s the best!! 

@cashewchicken sorry he had fever from mmr, I find that when I think she’s not feeling well I’m more concerned about her wet diapers then anything else going on that day! Moms life! When are U going back for number two again? 
    History of TTC in spoiler box
    TTC since 2014
    Unexplained Infertility - but I am 40...Low AMH .30
    7 - IUI (50mg-150mg Clomid) Feb - August 2016 all BFN 
    IVF#1 August 2016 (Antagonist protocol 4/5 eggs) Cancelled cycle :( RE thought I would get at least 10.
    IVF#2 Sept 2016 (microdose luporn pro - disappearing follies, ONLY ONE, convert to IUI) BFN
    IVF#3 November 2016 (4 ER, 3 F,  3DT)-BFP  with TWINS // MC both at almost 10wks  :'( 
    IVF#4 March 2017 //EPP  (10 ER (1 wonky so 9 ER) 7F, 3B (5AB, (2)5BB) PGS tested- ALL abnormal  :'( 
    IVF#5 April 2017 // EPP (7 ER, 7F yes! 6B) 2/5 day 4/6 day - 2 PGS normal! yes!! :)
    IVF#6 May 2017 // Antagonist didn't have time for Estrogen Priming...(4 ER, 3 F, 3B) (5AB, (2) 5BB) 2 PGS normal, yes!! :)
    IVF#7 June 2017 // EPP praying this is it and then on to an FET!

• @stella_700 Thank you for sharing your son’s development. I’m hoping my son is the same way too, that he is in the process of absorbing words and one day they will come out. He is saying dada, yessssss (emphasis on ssssss lol) and yeah. He apparently says all done at school when he is done eating and he did say all done once to me when I was brushing his teeth (he hates teeth brushing!) He is also improving his non-verbal communication like nodding and shaking his head no and kinda sorta pointing (with his whole hand).  I just have to remember to speak to him often, and use the same words, consistently. 

@Hopeful_mom Wet diapers are important! Now that he drinks a lot of fluids, I’m less concerned about dehydration. No more putting water in his mouth with a syringe! I’m probably going to try for #2 in October or November. I just finished my first period since getting pregnant (2 years no period, wow!) and I’ve been told by my clinic to wait three cycles before starting a treatment. 
  • Matthew is 9 months,  which I can't believe.  He's crawling and pulling up on all the things and trying to climb. He's also super sneaky and you have to watch him otherwise he will be in something he's not supposed to. He's a hot mess.  On the plus side, he eats all the things, literally. I haven't  found a food he doesn't like.  His favorite is still green beans.  He refuses to eat pureed foods and only wants the "real" version. He's a better eater than ds1, haha. 
  • @wildrainbow
    wow, what an active little boy :smile:  Anne still isn't much of a climber at 15 months now but she walks and runs all over. I feel like I'm chasing her most of the time! We're introducing shoes this week -- I had held off because the doctor said barefoot is better for learning to walk -- but she's at the point where she wants to walk everywhere and thus, needs shoes. She spent most of our morning "shoe time" (walk around inside and outside) sobbing but afternoon was much more successful. It took her awhile to accept socks and now she's fine with them so it's just getting used to shoes (we never put shoes on her as a baby except for special occasions). 

She's starting to say "muh" for milk. She now loves to say "see" and point at something or someone....which confused me at first since 'see' is a strange word to just pick up as one of your first words. But I realized it's because whenever I point at something, I'll say 'see the dog?' or 'see the cat?' lol. So she associates pointing at something and saying the word 'see'.   It actually outpaced 'hi' as her most used word today which is cute. I've been expecting her to pick up more nouns first but she seems to prefer words or phrases that are socially interactive ("see!" "hi!" "all done!") -- which is a good thing, imo. 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• Does terrible 2 start at 15 months? My son is throwing tantrums daily, it feels. Today he wanted to play with a purée pouch and its cap, putting it on and taking it off. He wasn’t eating and he squeezed it a bit hard and started to spill the purée everywhere so I put the cap on and he just flipped out. I took the cap off and gave him the pouch but not the cap and he flipped out. Finally his dad took the pouch away as he was just playing with it and not eating it, and he just lost it. He cried for a good minute or two. 

@wildrainbow I can’t let my son out of my sight either! His favorite activity is climbing onto the sectional sofa, run along one side, dive into the pile of laundry that’s sitting in the corner, roll over and get off the couch. We tell him not to stand on the sofa since he could lose his balance and fall off the sofa (not to mention bad manners to be standing/walking on the sofa) but he is sneaky and every chance he gets he’s up there, always up to no good. I really should clear that pile of laundry too. I’m super happy and jealous that Matthew is such a good eater! My son loves ALL kinds of fruit, especially when freshly picked, doesn’t matter whether it’s sweet or sour, he will eat it! That said veggies not so much, he likes green beans and carrots the most but doesn’t eat them with gusto the way he eats his fruit. For protein, he will eat salmon, meatballs and chicken thigh/drumstick. His palate hasn’t expanded much beyond that. Maybe it’s a texture thing. I wish he would eat everything that we eat, that will make dining out easy on weekends. 
  • @cashewchicken Ds1 has major food issues. He will eat practically any fruit you put in front of him, however, he will not eat veggies at all. I have to give him baby food for his veggies. The only protein he eats is chicken nuggets, and only from chick fil a. So, to say I'm super excited about Matthew's eating is an understatement! As far as tantrums go, ds1 started tantrums that early. It's all about learning their boundaries, asserting their opinions, and just generally letting their feelings be known. I will say this, I'm finding the threenager to be way worse than the twos. The twos were easy for us, but I also realize that isn't the case for everyone. Ds1 is 3 going on 15 with his attitude. 

@mbradfo2 How is Anne doing with shoes?
  • @cashewchicken We've been really lucky so far and a tantrum either is prevented or fizzles out quickly.  I've found with tantrums that how we approached the situation minimized the tantrums. We've been trying to explain the situation and then give options (if appropriate). So for your example, if you don't want it played with, ask for help putting it away. "Can you help me put the cap on and put it on the fridge?" If you don't care about playing with it, I would take the pouch and say something like "It looks like you're having fun playing with the pouch. When you squeeze the pick, you make a mess. You can play with it as long as you don't squeeze it. If you squeeze it again, I'm taking it away. Okay?" Then if it gets squeezed again, take it away, and explain I'm taking it away because you squeezed the pouch again. 

It takes time, but we've been doing it for months and it works really well for us. It's not going to work every time for everyone. But it's part of the positive discipline approach we're taking.
  • @cashewchicken
    We've been having tantrums over here too! Usually over taking away something she wants to play with (my phone, a remote control, etc).

@wildrainbow
    The shoes have been going OK so far this week but it seems to be the outside that is now freaking her out! Guess just exposure exposure exposure....but it's hard this time of year in Florida where it's either screaming hot or pouring rain. Never thought I was going to have to teach a toddler that the outside isn't scary XD
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @mbradfo2 the first time we put her in the grass, DD freaked out. Is Anne freaked out by being outside or by something specific?
  • @mbradfo2 I feel you. I'm in Alabama, so we have the same weather. We dont do a lot of outside time in the summer because of the heat and both kids are redheads. I'm afraid one say they will spontaneously combust, lol. 
  • @persnickity
    Just general freak-out; she's fine if I pick her up so I assume it's just new stuff like the pavement and the grass. My mom says to give it time, but with our weather, we don't have many opportunities to be outside in the summer.
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @mbradfo2 Yeah, I understand wanting to take advantage of any decent weather days that you can. How does Anne do when she's on a screened in porch? Or an open porch/patio? Hopefully the heat/humidity calms down and you can get outside more. But let's face it, it's Florida. The weather won't cool down for a few months. ☺️
  • Over spring break we took the twins to southern LA to meet some of my husband's extended family, they twins were 16 mo. Chase ran around like a berserker, Victoria tiptoes on the sidewalk and cried hysterically when you'd put her down in the grass. It was comical and a bit frustrating but with reintroduction 3-4 times she got used to it and adjusted. Now she's a big mud player, she purposely dumps the bubbler over at day care so she can play in mud.

It's hot here in Texas right now so it we go out its fully sun screened, shaded, and not for more than about 45 minutes at a time. Chase is especially fair skinned and looks like a strawberry blond at this young age, Victoria not as much, she takes after my mom with her skin tone. I'm still slathering them both in sunscreen as skin cancer shows up on both sides.

The twins are almost 21 months now and I'm in the weeds with regards to our daughter and staying asleep through the night. I imagine a lot of it is how fast the language acquisition is going right now? Anyone having sleep difficulties around this age? I'm at a loss and pretty tired of the cough/twin quest bed.
  • @persnickity
    She was fine at the bookstore yesterday (actually running away from me) and library storytime and we even walked out to the car afterwards (she was crying, but not because of being outside -- because I put her snacks away.) The snacks crying was why we were leaving storytime anyway lol since she was having an epic meltdown over not getting to finish her whole tub of snacks. We have a gap of about 10-15 min between baby storytime (she graduated today!) and toddler storytime, and I had offered her some snacks and water. She did not want the snacks to go away when storytime started! I would have let her keep them, but she was making a mess everywhere and all the other moms were picking up little strewn puffs and handing them to me >.>  lol

Hopefully things will continue to get better from here. She really likes her moccasins so we're sticking with those right now -- the gateway drug to real shoes as my husband says. 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• Hi ladies-did you all go on some type of birth control PP? I would have liked an IUD but also want any kid sooner than later so I’m looking at a pill, just hoping for something that doesn’t affect my super low milk supply. 
  • @blackhottamales I didn't do any birth control PP - one because I wouldn't have minded another close in age, but I also don't get regular cycles (basically none at all) so I wasn't too worried. 
  • @blackhottamales the minipill isn't supposed to impact supply. Getting your cycle started again can cause fluctuation in the milk production due to hormones
  • @blackhottamales - I had an IUD put in at 6wpp. Didn’t affect my supply and you’re fertile as soon as you remove it. It was great!
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Ahhh. It's August already! I feel like the summer will be over before I know it! Ladies, are you doing anything fun this summer?
    My son is a 16-mo old now! He just recently started properly pointing, instead of with his whole hand. With pointing, he also started poking. He pokes my face to wake me up in the morning now. He is now starting to repeat some of the words we say, but he hasn't repeated the words on his own yet. I feel like he is slowly expanding his vocabulary... but really slowly. The goal this month for me is to read up on toddler discipline... my son is starting to misbehave at school and at home so we need to study up on different strategies to reduce bad behaviors.
  • @cashewchicken check out positive discipline! I can't say enough about it.