Group 1 Check In (12/1-12/8) w/o 6/24

EDD/Weeks + Days: 

FTM/STM/TTM+: 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What is your favorite vacation destination?

Re: Group 1 Check In (12/1-12/8) w/o 6/24

• EDD/Weeks + Days: 12/1, 17W1D

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM, soon to have two daughters ❤️😊

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:  Pink

Upcoming Appointments: 7/17 for the radiology lab ultrasound at 20 weeks, office visit with my OB on 8/1 at 22 weeks

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Ugh, the itchy legs thing has come back in waves.  I was free for a bit, and then it came back a couple of days ago.  All I can think is that it must be an allergy to something, possibly gluten, which I’m sensitive to but have never had to avoid so completely.  Otherwise, just dizziness, still sometimes stomach sensitive (usually in the car), really sleepy by mid-afternoon.  After that list, I would still say I’m doing well overall, though!  😆

Rants/Raves: I’m not a soda girl, but coke slurpees have been one of my cravings lately.  I think it’s the heat and the need for water!  Also, a rave for myself- I taught at a new yoga studio last week, and I’m starting a regular class tonight that goes for the summer!  I’m proud to be doing this while pregnant❤️  

Questions:  Favorite baby wearing device?  I’ve researched a lot of the ones mentioned in the baby gear thread, but I’d like this group’s second opinion.  Also, we’re planning to go crib free and just use a pack n play for everything this time.  Any thoughts or favorites?  Coolest features for doing everything?

GTKY: What is your favorite vacation destination?  Maui- for me, it’s such a spiritual, natural experience.  My photo is from our last trip and a night where we sat on large rocks at the beach watching the sunset.  I used the time to meditate, and it was amazing.  We’re actually considering moving there, but our second favorite vacation spot (Southern California) will probably win 😉❤️

• EDD/Weeks + Days: 12/5 16w4d

FTM/STM/TTM+: Already mom to 8yo ds

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding Out in 4 days and 45 minutes. But whose counting 😉

Upcoming Appointments: 6/28 for gender!

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): My moodiness has been unreal. I’ve been feeling so badly about my snappiness and overly emotional responses to everyone.

Rants/Raves: A Below 5 store just opened here and I went. Big mistake. Did you guys know they have a HUGE candy section?! Like good candy I can’t find at the grocery haha I hid the candy I bought and I’m not ashamed.

Questions:

GTKY: What is your favorite vacation destination? Pensacola Beach. The sand is white, the water is gorgeous, and it’s only a 10 hour drive. This time next week I’ll be beached whale status down there and can’t wait 😎

• Loading the player...
  • @cpk3535 we are going to Maui for the first time in August for a babymoon and your answer made me very excited 😊 would love any recs!

EDD/Weeks + Days:  16w 5d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: pink 💕

Upcoming Appointments: 20 week 3d anatomy ultrasound 7/15

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): so much better than a few weeks ago. more like myself and i am in a good mood generally. really enjoying being back in pilates and having more focus with work. i do get really tired around 3 or 4 in the afternoon and it tends to bum me out. i’m trying to remind myself it’s normal and i need to rest. i feel like i’ve been forgetful too. oh and super hungry. i am eating a snack every 2 hours for sure. trying to keep it healthy but definitely craving chocolate soft serve a lot in this heat! doing superfood juice and fruit protein smoothies instead (mostly 😉)

Rants/Raves: i love fashion and i hate that so much of my wardrobe doesn’t fit right anymore. i’ve been shopping for maternity-friendly clothing and some actual maternity pieces (pants/shorts mainly) but it’s a process because most stuff is online and never fits right and doesn’t feel like me. it’s such a frustrating feeling like you have nothing to wear! and feels dumb to spend money for something you only wear for a short time. grr.

Questions: anyone else experiencing back pain and hip pain lately? also, when will you stop lying/sleeping on your stomach?

GTKY: What is your favorite vacation destination? Belize or Paris, for totally opposite reasons!

• @moonriver_and_me. Okay, here you go:  Leoda’s Kitchen and Pie Shop- I don’t really like pie that much, but their pie is fantastic.  If we can get there while we’re still pregnant, I totally would!  Areas to visit- Lahaina is touristy, but fun!  Wailea is where we got married so many years ago, has a beautiful outdoor shopping area with designer shops and yummy restaurants (we usually go to Tommy Bahamas restaurant in there- good cocktails, granted you’ll have to go virgin this time!).  Going through Kihei on the way, some great food stops and more kitschy shopping in there.  Napili Bay has beautiful little beaches for long walks (in fromt of nice resorts and condos) and snorkeling- we saw tons of sea turtles and beautiful fish!  Try to find an Ululani’s Shave- soooo good!  Maui Tropical Plantation is really fun, too- so pretty, a nice area to walk around.  

Can I come along?? 😆
  • @moonriver_and_me I'm so envious of your Hawaiian babymoon - that sounds amazing!🌞

@k_mama91 I'll have to check out 5 Below's candy selection since I'm already a big fan of the candy section at the Dollar Tree🍬

@cpk3535 I dont have any personal experience since I'm a first-time mom, but after doing some research on baby wraps, I purchased one from Tuck and Bundle.  It arrived and it's lovely and so soft.  I was able to figure out how to wrap it fairly easily.  It appears to be quite similar to the Solly wrap and the price point is the same. I'm excited to use it and hope my baby likes it!🤞

EDD/Weeks + Days: 16w5d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: 6/26 for 16wk OB appointment

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms):  I'm still struggling with nausea on and off and have had some mild headaches.  No matter what I eat or when, I've been getting heartburn every night before bed.  2 Tums and a cup of milk does the trick.  I've been craving salad, but I think mostly just as a vehicle for ranch dressing and croutons.😳

Rants/Raves:  We found a daycare that we love and they have a spot for us!  It's a lot more than we'd hoped to spend, but it is a huge relief to have that sorted out.  The waiting lists and tours were making me super anxious recently.

Questions: Is it rude to pass on a baby shower if a friend or family member offers to host one for me?  I don't want to be ungracious and I do appreciate the generosity, but we have a tiny apartment and need to keep our gear to a minimum.   I know I could register for gifts, but in my experience, people like to bring clothes to a shower and I'm worried we would end up with mostly things that we won't need or use.

I like exploring new cities.  Some favorites are Paris, Tokyo, Boston, and Seattle.

• @blueskychicago12 I don’t think it’s rude, I don’t really want one either. I feel like I won’t have anything to purchase myself since I know baby doesn’t need a ton of things. I’m going to register for crib sheets, waterproof mattress pads, toiletries, etc and what I don’t need I’ll just return for gift cards to get diapers later. 

I stumbled on the candy and stocked up for our drive to Florida next week and I’ve literally eaten everything I bought! I need to make another trip lol
  • Has anybody in our group noticed the constipation factor kicking up a notch this week?  I mean, it already wasn’t great, but it seems to be worsening as my bump starts to legitimately pop out more.  It’s also been super hot, so maybe I’m more dehydrated than I think I am.  Today I’m at 17W2D.  Yesterday, I bumped up my magnesium supplement to two doses, and that seemed to help.  Again, thank god for Natural Calm.  What I wouldn’t give to go back to my first pregnancy self and give her a bottle!  
  • @cpk3535 Yes to a recent increase in constipation.  I'm actually noticing it for the first time starting in the past few days😟
  • @moonriver_and_me I tweaked my back this morning doing nothing extreme- I bent over to pull a tiny weed from the ground!  Ridiculous!  I’m also not feeling great lying in bed lately, I already sleep on my side pretty regularly, but I definitely need additional support for my hips (like in yoga with a blanket between my knees).  

@blueskychicago12 and @k_mama91 I really don’t want a shower either.  I’d like to register for some stuff, but I’m in the same boat- I just want boring day to day stuff.  I don’t need to load up on anything!  I need to keep the space this time.  Big sis might want to see what a baby shower is, though, so maybe we can do some other interpretation of a baby shower? 

@blueskychicago12 I haven’t heard of Tuck and Bundle- I’ll check them out!  Last time, I had an inherited Baby Bjorn that wasn’t anything super special.  I’d like to find both a soft wrap style and a more structured carrier, too.  

@k_mama91 I can totally relate on the moodiness.  It’s not fun being around people or places that annoy the crap out of me right now, because I can’t control my backlash as well as I usually can.  No hiding the fact that I want to shout at some people right now!  Ugh...
  • Has anyone felt any kicks yet? Nothing yet for me. 
  • @blueskychicago12 I think I’ve felt some very, very subtle kicks, but so subtle I can’t really feel from the outside.
  • @cpk3535 I liked the Moby wrap when DS was little. It was comfy and looked complicated enough that not many people asked to hold him at family gatherings last winter! As he's gotten bigger I love my meh dai, but DH likes the Ergobaby.

@blueskychicago12 I thought I felt one when I was sitting all scrunched up one evening! But it may have been my imagination - nothing since. 

EDD/Weeks + Days: 12-3 /17wk

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out

Upcoming Appointments: 7-10 for anatomy scan

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): I thought I was feeling enough better nausea-wise to stop my B6 and unisom so I skipped them for a day. BIG mistake. I felt so sick I had to take 2 of my carefully rationed Zofran. What gives?! Guess I'll be taking them a little longer. 

Rants/Raves:  sick of being sick

Questions:

GTKY: What is your favorite vacation destination? We went to Jamaica for our honeymoon and that was really nice. Other than that we haven't been on any trips recently other than visiting family. 

• @cpk3535 Theres something called a baby sprinkle. I’m assuming it’s a much smaller scale shower which I would love but with such a big family I have to do the whole shebang. As for moodiness, I’ve been in tears every night over the way I’ve acted during the day. I keep telling myself it’s only temporary.

@blueskychicago12 Sometimes I think I’m feeling things, others I think I’m imagining. It’s almost like baby is rolling from side to side? I can feel from the outside if baby is on one side or the other. Is that even possible at this point? 

@nothingbuttherain Jamaica is beautiful. Did you guys do Dunn River Falls? That was one of the coolest things I’ve ever done.
  • @cpk3535 The constipation has been real! I've been drinking prune and/or cherry juice nightly in hopes it helps keep things moving semi-regularly. 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days:  15w + 6d

FTM/STM/TTM+:  STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:  Team Green!

Upcoming Appointments:  Pre-Natal on July 5th, Anatomy Scan on July 23rd

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Feeling a million times better than 1st tri. Feel like myself, which is nice. Been able to keep up with my workouts and I don't feel nauseous anymore. I've been a little tired in the evenings but that could also be because we've been spending a lot of time at the pool. I also noticed my weight gain has really slowed down this month, which is a nice change!

Rants/Raves: None at the moment.

Questions: None

Family vacation..... Kauai
    Romantic getaway.... Either Santorini or Turks & Caicos

• OOPS! Just realized I posted in the wrong group thread! Sorry about that ladies .... :/
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 12/4  17 weeks 1 day

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM!

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: BLUE!

Upcoming Appointments: 7/17 20 week ultra sound! Seriously, can't wait. 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): I haven't posted on here for awhile... but I've been feeling great (for the most part) my nausea has gone away. My only problem is my horrible headaches. They were so bad one day that I ended up throwing up... I was in tears. Doctor told me to take Benadryl, which has helped so much. I'm still eating really bad. I'm very aware of it and am trying so hard to eat my veggies and grilled chicken, but you know....pizza is life. 

Rants/Raves: I felt my first flutters today where I knew it for sure was baby boy! Felt like he was fist pumping in there. Probably saying, "More pizza, more pizza!" So here I am eating pizza for lunch, again.

Questions: Are you all having gender reveals? I had mine last Sunday! We did "Wheels or Heels" and my husband did a burnout with his truck. So much fun! It was also a diaper keg, so we have a whole room filled with diapers now! I recommend doing a diaper keg/drive for sure!

GTKY: What is your favorite vacation destination? ARUBA! My family has a timeshare because we love it so much. My parents are trying to convince us to go in March and have sent me so many articles about how easy it is to travel internationally with a 4 month old.... but idk! Also, I'm not sure how my bosses would feel about me taking a week off after maternity leave.  

• @baby_love7 Good to “see” you again!  I’m also being encouraged to take Benedryl, but mine is for itchy skin.  It would be awesome if you could make the vacation work, but I understand what you’re concerned about, too.  Just tell your work you need an extension on maternity leave and don’t say why 😉 🏝 

Has anybody who is already somewhat settled on a name foolishly shared that name with opinionated relatives yet?  My advice- DON’T DO IT.  I couldn’t believe when the other day I gave a small hint of what we’re pretty sure is going to be our coming daughter’s name, and my mom starts looking on her cell phone for other options.  Excuse me?!?  Not your kid!!  Also, she brought up how cute my second cousin’s new baby’s name is, which, hello, I’m not going to use!  Why can’t people just butt out sometimes?  Sigh...
  • @cpk3535 Ugh, that’s the worst! We’re pretty sure-ish on our names and my mil has been pressing for hints..nope! Initials is all you’re getting lady!

@baby_love7 Welcome back! Does your husband drag race or anything? If we were doing a reveal that would’ve been our theme, we’re a racing family and I think it’s really unique. As for the vacationing, I think traveling with an immobile baby is way easier than one that can crawl/walk. I’d totally take the trip. 
  • @k_mama91 I have a question for you (or any fellow STM or more with gear left from round 1)- I have the majority of our Graco Pack N Play from DD- as most of you know, it’s almost 9 years old.  How washable are these things?  It honestly looks pretty disgusting, like while in storage, bugs might have died on it.  I’m thinking some might wash out, but it might be way more trouble than it’s worth.  Since I’m thinking of going sans crib and a few other items this time, would you just buy new?  Some of the new Pack N Play accessories are way more useful than what we had the first time.   Just more $$$ to spend...  😛
  • @k_mama91 we did a Sandals resort. Honestly, we mostly wanted to relax and there were plenty of activities so we didn't leave the resort! 

@cpk3535 that's frustrating about your family and the name. We intentionally made up outrageous decoy names last time and we'll probably repeat that this time. My family is opinionated too. It's your kid! Your decision.  Also about cleaning the pack n play, my in-laws got a used one. They were able to clean it, sort of. The mattress is tricky to clean but the rest can be hosed down and dried outside on a warm, sunny day. We use a waterproof play yard sheet on the mattress. Hope that's helpful. 
  • @cpk3535 This is awful but I haven’t even looked at ours yet 😞 it was in great shape when we stored it, I’m hoping we have the same issue with bugs and dust from the basement. I’ve heard it can be soaked in the bathtub, rinsed, and I believe soaked again before drying outside. I really utilized the neat little changing tray last time but if this one is more trouble than it’s worth I’ll fork out the money for a basic model. I’m digging it out after vacation so I’ll update in a week or two.

@nothingbuttherain I would love to go back and do Sandals. My trip was a stop during a cruise hence the physical excursion. It was a blast but I’m also more of a beach bum.
  • cpk3535cpk3535 member
    edited June 2019
    @k_mama91 OMG, soaking the pack n play in the bath helped so much.  The bath water looked horrible!  8 years of bugs and dust look almost gone.  I think I’m going to soak for a second round just to be safe, but I think that may have saved our pack n play!  Phew!  Great tip!  I looked up a wikihow link on what to throw in the tub with it.  👍👍😊
  • @cpk3535 That’s awesome! I’ll definitely do it now that I know it’s worth it. I actually glanced at ours today, it was stored in the zipper case so I’m hoping it’s not too nasty.
  • We had our gender scan today! Baby look a great and as soon as the doctor looked between the legs I immediately knew we were having a BOY💙 I had a feeling and I’m so happy we can call this baby by name now! 
  • baby_love7baby_love7 member
    edited June 2019
    @k_mama91 Congratulations on the boy!!
    As far as racing goes... no, but In my DH eyes, yes! Haha My husband loves diesel trucks. He takes his truck to drag strip every once in awhile with his friends for fun. 
  • @k_mama91 Yay, congratulations!!!!  We’re both two for two now, haha 😆 I hope your 8yo is looking forward to his little brother now!  ❤️
  • @baby_love7 We also have a problem with diesels haha It seems to be growing with our 8yo, he’s a Cummins fanatic! We took a year long break from racing and just started back up. Nothing like the smell of burning rubber and ethyl alcohol 😂

@cpk3535 It makes starting over not so scary right?! He’s over the moon and I’m so happy for another mama’s boy 😍
  • Does anybody find it a little strange that the doctor’s office looks at your pregnancy weight gain by where you were at your first appointment with them, which wasn’t until about 7-10 weeks?  I mean, it’s something they can’t really know unless you randomly had a doctor’s appointment where they checked weight around your time of conception, so I understand...

It’s almost like it’s something you just needed to track on your own from the beginning.  For instance, I looked back to the month we conceived and saw a weigh in that actually shows I dropped about 3 pounds during first trimester before slowly gaining it back.  With that number as my starting weight, I’ve only gained about 5 lbs versus 8 lbs.  It’s just interesting to look at 😊. I’ll check in periodically on the babycenter.com weight gain calculator to make sure I’m in safe range, but that drop to 5lbs versus 8lbs puts me in the lower end of the spectrum.  Just interesting to think about 😉
  • @cpk3535 I also thought that it was a little odd that my doctor didnt look at it weight until 8 weeks.  If I start from where I was pre pregnancy, I have gained 10 lbs, but according to my doctor it's only 6.  (Apparently I gained 4 lbs in the first 2 months from being too sick to get off the couch much and having food aversions to everything except cheese😉)  I actually saw my doctor right after my positive pregnancy test at approximately 4 weeks, and I was weighed that day, but she didnt look back that far when calculating my weight gain.
  • Are we supposed to start a new post for this week, or do we just go to generic monthly check in now?  If so, I will miss our smaller, more intimate group.  Thanks!
  • I'm still down for a weekly group check-in post! Maybe things are just a little slower around here today since it's a holiday week...
  • @blueskychicago12 you’re probably right!  I’ll get something rolling, but we’ll treat it like a light holiday week and not expect a ton of feedback 😉