April 2016 Moms
Options

For ladies that know your progesterone #s

2»

Re: For ladies that know your progesterone #s

• Options
    I am a bit worried because mine is 18.5 at 7w5d. My midwife is redrawing on Thursday. In the past I've needed it for a successful pregnancy.
  • Options
    Is this something everyone needs to be tested for? I don't really understand what you are talking about. I haven't been to the doctor yet.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine was 50.4 at 5 weeks 2 days, I use endometrium once a day
  • Options
    @RoseShadow873 I was never tested for it with my first but since I have suffered two losses and with both my progesterone was low, my OB tested for it along with my HCG this time. I wouldn't worry about it unless your doctor is.
  • Options
    I'm currently 8 weeks along.. I had my blood drawn at 7w4d and my progesterone was 15.4. I haven't heard from my doctor telling me I need to get on supplements so I'm guessing it's a good sign? I had a bit of spotting last week but I believe it was from the PAP I had on Monday and overexertion (my doctor said I need to take it easy for at least a few days). We heard/saw the heartbeat last week and everything looked great. Wonder if I need to be worried?
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    08/21: Today at 5w0d my HCG was 1,306 and progesterone was at 10. The doctor put me on two suppositories per day with a retest tomorrow. Praying the medicine is helping.

Update on 08/25: My HCG is now 5,781 which the doctor seems thrilled about. They also said that they will not be retesting my progesterone, just to stay on the medication I would like to know if the medicine is working but they seem confident that there is no need to retest. Ultrasound Sept 4th.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Pregnancy20ticker
    Beautiful Daughter 11/08/2002
    Miscarriage 04/21/2015
    Rainbow Sugar Baby due 04/22/2016, C Section Scheduled for 04/08/2016
  • Options

I'm currently 8 weeks along.. I had my blood drawn at 7w4d and my progesterone was 15.4. I haven't heard from my doctor telling me I need to get on supplements so I'm guessing it's a good sign? I had a bit of spotting last week but I believe it was from the PAP I had on Monday and overexertion (my doctor said I need to take it easy for at least a few days). We heard/saw the heartbeat last week and everything looked great. Wonder if I need to be worried?

I wouldn't be too worried, but if you have more spotting you might want to ask about suppositories. I'm on them now and my progesterone level at six weeks was 17.4. I talked to the doctor about it today and she said that while it's a fine number, they really like to see in around 20, and coupled with the spotting, it doesn't hurtto take a suppository. Keep in mind though that I've had a decent amount of spotting and it seems like yours was an isolated incident. Bottom line, I'm sure your doctor knows best, but it never hurts to ask if you're worried!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine was 27.1 at 4 weeks 4 days. Nurse was happy with it!
  • Options
    edited August 2015

Pregnancy Ticker
    Pregnancy20ticker
    Beautiful Daughter 11/08/2002
    Miscarriage 04/21/2015
    Rainbow Sugar Baby due 04/22/2016, C Section Scheduled for 04/08/2016
  • Options
    I’m on progesterone suppositories twice a day and at 7 weeks my level was only 12. Doc wasn’t concerned but that seems low to me. 
  • Options
    I had dull, on/off cramping on one side for about 24 hours earlier this week, so I called the doc for reassurance.  The nurse scared me about it possibly being eptopic and had me come in for bloodwork and maybe moving up my scan.  The bloodwork showed good hcg but slightly low progesterone, so last night I started the oral prescription.  They just explained it as extra support for the baby's development.  My friend has taken it for all of her pregnancies, so I was not alarmed.  I don't know what my actual number was because I missed that part, trying to figure out if my hcg number was in the right range. 

By the way...I didn't realize the drowsiness side effect would really hit so hard!  About 20-30 minutes later, I was halfway through a book with my daughter and my eyes suddenly felt so heavy!