Baby Names

Baby girl due any day and I'm second guessing her name- need advice!

My 2nd little girl is due any day now and for whatever reason I am second guessing the name we have chosen for her?! For months now we have been referring to her as Clara Rose when anyone asked if we had a name picked out. Her big sister already knows her as Clara Rose and is SOO excited to proudly state her name when asked.
I feel awful and could really use some reassurance or advice. A name I really liked early on was Gemma and has always been in the back of my mind. My husband never liked that name, he adored Clara from the beginning. I feel awful being this indecisive at this stage...
HELP!
Many thanks!
Dominique

Re: Baby girl due any day and I'm second guessing her name- need advice!

• If your husband doesn’t like the name Gemma, it would be a no go for me. Clara Rose is a beautiful name! 
  • You can still change it. Your daughter will adapt just fine. Clara Rose is very nice. 
    Adding
    Claire Rosa 
    Rosa Claire  
  • Loading the player...
  • Wait until you meet her and then decide. We had a list of 4 with us when our daughter was born and one was a frontrunner. Ended up going with a name that wasn't even on the list because none of the rest felt like her name. 
    FWIW my 3 sons each had called her a different name and they had no problem with it when we told them what name we chose. 
    Clara Rose is beautiful. We had Claire Elizabeth on our list. 
  • I agree with @bellebaby221!  I honestly could never bane my baby even before meeting him/her.  We had names picked out and went to the hospital with then.  After meeting DD, it was obvious that one name  did not match very well with her.  The other name felt just right and perfect and definitely fit her personality. 

You are not obligated to a name until the birth certificate has it on there and signed.  Even then you can jump through the hoops to change it

Honestly, it's your decision,  but I can see why you are getting cold feet with Clara.  

• I like Clara way more than Gemma. Also if hubby doesnt like Gemma, you will have to find a 3rd option!
  • I love Clara Rose!

Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • mb0112mb0112 member
    I love Clara. Gemma is ok but I don’t think it compares and also if your husband has disliked it from the start it probably isn’t the one for you. 
  • If your husband doesn’t like Gemma, you can’t use it. Clara is nice.
  • i love Gemma not a huge fan of Clara...BUT if your husband doesnt it like it do not use it.