December 2019 Moms

Weekly Randoms 6/24-6/30

Re: Weekly Randoms 6/24-6/30

• That gif is adorable but it disturbed me a little bit when I realized that the baby has teeth but the mom doesn't 😆

:D 

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• Loading the player...
  • @blueskychicago12 I didn’t catch that 🙈 I legit searched “random gif” 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • It’s 5.30 on the east coast and I am home already (yay). I finally caved yesterday and got Zantac bc I’m over being a tough guy about this heartburn, and I am sitting in the bathtub waiting for relief. 
  • @anniemarie887 fx the Zantac works.  I take 300 mg a day and still need a ridiculous amount of tums.
  • @holly321 I had my routine appt today and my dr said if Zantac isn’t working well to try Prilosec. So maybe there’s hope?!
  • I have no appetite lately.  Not nauseous,  no heartburn,  just no interest in eating.  I'm struggling to hit daily calories.  What is wrong with me!?
  • @bookworm492 I've noticed the bigger the bump has gotten (which means baby is getting bigger), the fuller I've been feeling. The insane hunger from a few weeks ago has subsided and I'm back to a more normal eating routine again because of it. Maybe that has something to do with it?
  • @rjgmcmanus could be? I'm definitely not growing out much so maybe just growing up instead?
  • Anyone have any good fruit-fly trap DIY? I did the cider/vinegar with plastic wrap overtop but just wondered if anyone had some other tricks of their sleeve! :-) 
  • @ktmaesim that's what we always do and it works for us
  • @ktmaesim  I have had good luck with vinegar/dawn.   I am not sure about the plastic wrap way, but I put it in a mason jar and use a piece of paper as a funnel.
  • Today's random: horizontal stripes make your bump look bigger. I have had more people comment on my bump today than I have over the course of this entire pregnancy so far, and it's because of the dress I'm wearing. It's a cute dress, but I guess it makes the bump pop. Will try to remember to wear it for next week's hdbd.
  • klmcguireklmcguire member
    edited June 2019
    @anniemarie887 It hasnt started this time around for me, but I had horrible heartburn with both of my other pregnancies. Prilosec worked much better for me than Zantac. Hopefully you find some relief soon, pregnancy heartburn I swear is 10x worse than regular heartburn.
  • @klmcguire prior to this I’ve never had heartburn... I may have wondered for a moment if I was dying... and then messaged a friend who has a bunch of acid reflux/gi issues and she was like oooh girl, that’s heartburn. Womp womp. 
  • I have no chill today. I'm seriously so anxious and I keep refreshing my Genetics Lab account to see if it's been updated with my results. We're supposed to get them today. I am trying to fill orders for my shop and I'm going so slow because I can't focus.  :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married to DH for 6 years (together for 16)
    DS born 12.13.14
    DD born 10.15.16
    BFP 1.24.18, MC 3.13.18
    <3 BFP 4.25.19, EDD 12.31.19  <3

• Does anyone here do a 3 gift Christmas or plan on it? We are planning on doing it and my mom is already a problem 🙄 Since my due date is so close to Christmas we could end up having her on Christmas, I'm trying to decide if I need to make "rules" for birthdays as well.
  • @mrszoobear what exactly is a 3 gift Christmas,  other than no more than 3 gifts I assume?

I don't think we're going to do gifts at all,  but use the 2 week long holiday break I get at work to travel to a new country each year. 
  • @mrszoobear do you mean the “something to wear, something to read/educational, something they want?” 

We have family friends who implemented it and they love it. (They also have 4 kids, so it helps eliminate toy overload.) I plan on it with my family (first grandchild) and I hope to wrangle my in-laws in (they can go nutty on kids toys 😳🙄)
  • @mrszoobear We are planning to keep gifts to a minimum.  Just a few gifts from parents and one from each set of grandparents for Christmas and birthdays.  My husband has a large family and is going to ask his siblings not to buy gifts for our daughter.  Not sure how well that will go over!  But we have a very limited amount of space, for one thing, and have seen our nieces and nephews become obsessed with gifts - to the point where when family visits, they'll ask "what did you bring me?" We hope to raise her to value quality time and traditions over possessions.  I know it will probably be tricky if other kids in the family are getting lots of gifts.  I guess we will have to figure that out as we go along.
  • @bookworm492 & @anniemarie887 - We plan on doing 3 gifts from us the parents on Christmas. Any kind of gifts, nothing specific or limiting. Plus one biggish gift from Santa and her stocking. For any other family member we are asking for no more then one gift with a value limit. (I was thinking a max of around $50).

We have similar feelings as @blueskychicago12. We want her to place value on people and experiences, not things. We were given way too much stuff as kids but I didnt get a lot of time with my parents. Its something I want to change with my child.
  • @mrszoobear we do 4 gifts as an immediate family. We also do not do gifts from Santa, only stockings with the same thing each year. My in laws do not understand that (my MIL thinks love comes from physical gifts) so she goes over board it’s really annoying. We’ve also in the past asked instead of small cheap gifts to put money into our oldest college account and that’s apparently blasphemy. She even made a comment last summer about how she’s sure we don’t even put the money into the account. I snapped back with actually we do and we regularly put money into it as well and she has over $xxxx amount already. That quieted her up for a bit.
  • When I was a kid there were an even number of cousins so we were all paired up and just exchanged a gift between the pair. So I would get a santa gift and stocking, gift from parents,gift from grandparents, and one gift from a cousin. I think it worked pretty well. (We kept the same pairs over the years)

DH's family does presents Christmas Eve and we usually get one per person (there are 6 adults, no kids currently) and then everyone buys a stocking gift for each person so thats how those get filled.