Group 4 check-in (12/25-12/31) w/o 6/24

EDD/Weeks + Days: 

FTM/STM/TTM+: 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What is your favorite vacation destination?

Re: Group 4 check-in (12/25-12/31) w/o 6/24

• McKBabyMcKBaby member
    edited June 2019
    Hey All. I’m jumping back into the board after a few weeks away. I mentioned on the NIPT thread that the fear of another m/c kept me from hanging out here for a while. After a good NT appointment today I’m feeling a little more confident and would like to join in again, if you’ll have me! 

EDD/Weeks + Days:  12/28/19 / 13w2d

FTM/STM/TTM+:  TTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:  Green

Upcoming Appointments:  I had NT scan and NIPT blood work today. Next OB appointment is 7/12. 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Feeling good!  Much less nausea, although, the exhaustion is worse than 1st tri. Nothing unmanageable. :)

Rants/Raves:  I’m sick of waiting 30+ minutes for every single dr appointment.  I have 2 kid and a job. I can’t be waiting around all day, people! 

Questions: I can’t remember from my previous pregnancies, but is it normal
    for the HB to fluctuate? At my 8w scan the HB was 179 and today it was 145. Is that any reason for concern?  If I thought about it, I would have asked the MFM doctor but I wasn’t thinking at
    the time. 

GTKY: What is your favorite vacation destination? I really like beach destinations. The Cinque Terra on the Italian Riviera is on the top of my list, even though it’s not exactly “tropical”, it’s still so gorgeous! 

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• EDD/Weeks + Days: 12/26 13w 4d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: finding out

Upcoming Appointments: Wednesday with genetic counselor, 8am Friday for GTT, 7/15 growth us 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): craving cheese fries, and eggs/bacon. Symptoms: gas, constipation  pains. Emotional

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite vacation destination? We love going to Ocean City MD. 
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 12/24, 14 weeks

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Green

Upcoming Appointments:  midwife appointment July 3rd

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): My sweet tooth seems to have actually reduced during this pregnancy. I've had a package of M&M's and a box of Nerds for like 2 or 3 weeks and they're both still unopened. That's unheard of for me. 
    My "morning" sickness which actually happens at my toddler's bedtime seems to have gotten worse in the past week, so i hope it's one last hurrah before it goes away for the second trimester. 

Rants/Raves: I had to wake up my 2y/o this morning instead of letting him get himself up, and he was saying "no wake up!" and "light off" so I guess he's not a morning person either :D 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite vacation destination? I don't get to vacation very often, but given the choice I'd like all-inclusive beach resorts. 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 13 weeks, due 12.31.19

FTM/STM/TTM+: Third time mama!

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Hopefully finding out this week! I think it's a Boy based off of my symptoms compared to my pregnancy with my son. 

Upcoming Appointments: Next appointment is mid-June for my 16 week checkup. 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): I have been getting some gas pains which are so uncomfortable. Also really craving fresh fruits and veggies. I've been buying fresh pineapple and cantaloupe regularly, and salads are my life right now. 

Rants/Raves:  My kids were sick last week with Hand Foot Mouth Disease. My husband got it too, but fortunately I was fine. This week, there's a risk for Pinworm! My kids preschool sent out an email letting parents know that there was a case of pinworm in my sons class. I'm so grossed out right now. Literally wanting to burn everything. :D 

Questions: Wondering if anyone has/had a cyst on their ovary? I had a small one at my 8 week scan, and they said they'd keep an eye on it. They didn't mention it at my 12 week NT scan. I keep getting gas pains but part of me worries its the cyst. 

GTKY: What is your favorite vacation destination?  St. Maarten and St. Lucia!! And Nassau. Basically anywhere in the Bahamas or Caribbean. We went there with family on a cruise a few years ago and I just loved it so much!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Married to DH for 6 years (together for 16)
    DS born 12.13.14
    DD born 10.15.16
    BFP 1.24.18, MC 3.13.18
    <3 BFP 4.25.19, EDD 12.31.19  <3

• @nsquaredlife13 I had a similar experience where they mentioned a cyst at my 8 week ultrasound but didnt mention it at 12 weeks.  I was told it was a corpus luteal cyst which is apparently common during ovulation (I think?) and typically goes away on its own, so I assumed that was why it wasn't mentioned at 12 weeks.  Now I'm wishing I had asked my doctor to be sure.  I had some gas pains early on, but they seem to have subsided.  I'm not quite as gassy lately, hooray!😆
  • @nsquaredlife13 I had a cyst at my dating ultrasound too, and had the same thing happen my last pregnancy. My midwife said it's common, something about it forming where the egg something-something (clearly I paid a lot of attention), and my family doctor said it's something that they'll keep an eye on during follow-up ultrasounds but she's not concerned about it and we can look into it after the pregnancy. If it becomes any real concern during any follow-up ultrasounds (like the anatomy scan or anything) the technicians will make note of it to be re-checked. 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 12/26 13w5d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: team green

Upcoming Appointments: midwife July 4, anatomy scan July 26

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): overall pretty good. My boobs still hurt and I have been getting some headaches but most of the time I have good energy levels.

Rants/Raves: I won't be qualifying for benefits for mat leave this go round so we will be looking at our budget to see how that's gonna work financially since I will still be taking time off.

Questions: when are we supposed to not lie on backs? Does having your knees up (feet on the floor) make a difference?

GTKY: What is your favorite vacation destination? Granada - food and drinks (the tapas! The sherry!), Incredible mountains and architecture. The only thing it's missing is a beach. 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days:  EDD 12/28, 13w3d

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:  Blue

Upcoming Appointments:  OB appt on 7/15

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Still nauseous.  Energy levels are better.

Rants/Raves: I have such bad acne right now.  I can't seem to get rid of it.  I just ordered charcoal face wash because one of my friends recommended it.

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite vacation destination?  I love Ocho Rios, Jamaica.
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: I think I’m due 12/29, but ultrasound dates me at 12/17. This makes me batty as I know they will be pushing for an induction which I won’t do. 

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: finding out

Upcoming Appointments: July 5th. Just had about 7 viles of blood drawn yesterday. 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): 
    Still feel awful, but normally do until 18 weeks or so. 

Rants/Raves: I’m working nights and I’m sooooo over it. And I work out of town so that makes it suck even more. 

Questions: None

GTKY: What is your favorite vacation destination? I haven’t been to a whole lot of places, but I went to Iceland and I hope I can go back some day. 
  • @CapricaAndrea @blueskychicago12 thanks mamas!! I am like 90% sure they're gas pains but every once in a while I let my mind overthink it all. :P 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married to DH for 6 years (together for 16)
    DS born 12.13.14
    DD born 10.15.16
    BFP 1.24.18, MC 3.13.18
    <3 BFP 4.25.19, EDD 12.31.19  <3

• @jandawg I'm not sure there is a hard and fast deadline as to when to stop lying on your back, it's more when it starts to become uncomfortable. And you can do it for short periods of time (like when they check you at your appointments or in labor) I'm 15 weeks and I'm still ok most of the time. I've heard 18 weeks for some women, with my daughter it was at 16 weeks I couldn't anymore. Knees bent doesn't matter as it has to do with the artery that runs through your belly and the baby getting heavy enough to pinch it and cut off their supply. You can try laying back an at angle with pillows stacked up
  • @jandawg I believe it's only sleeping on your back that's an issue (ie long periods of time), and it's somewhere around 20 weeks. It creates stress on a major blood vessel which can make you dizzy and lightheaded, and can affect the blood-flow getting to the baby.