Pregnant after IF

Winter 19-20 Due Dates

Re: Winter 19-20 Due Dates

• @k_mama91 @mbradfo2 thanks for your input. I got an appt with my OB for Wednesday so I'll see what he says. Hopefully he'll send me for a scan soon enough. @k_mama91 a month of waiting between scans is torture. Hang in there! 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• @Tulips29 I’ve been spoiled with so many scans. I’m in a similar situation to @mbradfo2 and my OB will scan me when I ask. I was supposed to have a scan Friday but he had an emergency surgery and his partner was like nope, no need for a scan today. I was irrationally upset lol. I hope you get sent for one asap!  
  • Loading the player...
  • @Tulips29 I was officially discharged from RE at 8 weeks since I had my MFM scheduled for 9 weeks, but I had to delay my MFM a week, so my RE did 1 more scan for me at 9 weeks. I’m seeing my MFM for the first time this week. I find it crazy that an OB wouldn’t have an ultrasound machine in the office (?). Like what does he actually do in there then? Maybe I’m being crazy, but like, is this OB a good OB who practices current standard of care medicine? 

I’m not seeing a regular OB because I have had an asymptomatic blood issue since I was a kid (slightly low platelets). I finally got an official diagnosis (ITP) before I did IVF, and the hematologist recommended an MFM when I get pregnant just to monitor that condition when I get further into pregnancy. 
  • @somewhereinnyc I thought the same when I first to this OB with my son. He's a good doctor, and apparently I found out has ultrasound techs in his office (downstairs where I've never even seen) but they don't take a lot of insurances, so that's why he sends patients for scans elsewhere. He then just gets reports from those docs, analyzes and makes decisions. During my appointments last time around, he'd just check my weight, do a urine test, feel the belly, get the heartbeat from a doppler and just ask/answer any questions. I had a really good delivery experience with him so that's why I'm sticking with him again. He also found my placenta previa via the scans I did outside of his office really early on and monitored me closely through my scares. A bunch of my friends have been with him for years and all had positive experiences with him before I went to him, so that added to my comfort level with him. How are you doing with everything? 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Ultrasound shows one baby with a heartbeat at 6 weeks+2! Another scan next Monday. Not sure when I'll graduate to OB. Due date 02/02/2020.
  • @jolo1241 congratulations on a great ultrasound! 

Would anyone be interested in weekly threads like they have for tri 2 and 3 with weekly updates, questions, etc? This thread seems a bit quiet lately. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @jolo1241 congrats on a healthy babe!

@Tulips29 I would participate. I do agree, our relationship thread seems to be dying out.
  • Hello all, I’m going to tentatively join y’all since griping about morning sickness is probably not what anyone on the infertility board wants to hear ;) 

i recognize a few names from that board on this thread, so I figured why not. 

I’m 5w5d today, first beta at 9dp5dt was 346 and second was 646. First ultrasound is on weds. This was our second go at IVF (first was 2 years ago and resulted in our 18mo old son - we had nothing to freeze that time around). I never dreamed we’d be lucky enough to conceive on the first go twice in a row, so I’m still pretty worried about something going awry early on.

Having done this before I’m excited for the little fun parts of pregnancy, yet dreading all of the annoying and painful parts. I never really had morning sickness last time, but this time it’s already pretty bad (no vomiting yet, but close). 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque Welcome and congrats! We’re tryinf to keep this thread moving! Im part of the December board too but I love having these ladies to share progress with after such a crazy journey. This was my first round of ivf but second baby and this pregnancy is 100% different than my first go! 
  • dukie001dukie001 member
    edited June 2019
    Hi everyone! I was AWOL for a bit, tons of work and by the time I get home and eat my eyes start closing. 

Yey for all good U/Ss and graduations from RE.

@Tulips29 4 wks between scans is a lot. I pressed the issue, got a referral to MFM doctor, and now go there every two weeks. I just got so tired to see different doctors at my appointments (by that time it was like 5 different doctors), explain to them my situation, IVF and vanishing twin.

AFM I had my last scan this Wednesday. They did a fetal echo, growth scan, and cervix scan. The baby is doing good, but my placenta is still very close to the cervix. I think the doctor expected it to move further in these two weeks than it did. Oh well, I still have time, so fingers crossed it would cooperate more and start moving up. 

Question for those who already have baby/babies and went through pregnancy before: I'm planning on taking a couple of weeks off in late July. I will be 28wks by that time. Is it still safe to fly? Are there any risks to it? 
  • @Tulips29 I’d be interested in a weekly thing. I tried to participate in the birth month board but the vibe is so different.. like some ppl are kinda mean. Also seems like a young-ish group (most seem to be in their 20s). Thats re-assuring to hear not having an ultrasound machine is ok! I had my MFM appt today. My new doc is super sweet. Everything looked good on ultrasound- baby grew 10 days in 8 days. But the blighted ovum sac is still pretty big. It freaks me out a little. They literally drew 10 (yes 10) tubes of blood including one for NIPT (even tho I have vanishing triplets!)
  • Lurking*** 
    @dukie001 I think the flying cut-off is 36 weeks. I would suggest compression socks or getting up to move around during the flight. Otherwise have fun!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @somewhereinnyc I don't think the presence of another sac would affect the results of NIPT. When I did the test my second sac was still visible on u/s, but they still did the test. When I asked the doc, he wasn't concerned and said that since twin B was gone, there was really no presence of him in my blood. 
  • @somewhereinnyc glad everything looked good for you! I also went for bloodwork last week and the 10 tubes were no joke. And I agree on the BMB, I can't bring myself to join that side. I've read a few threads and they all seem so different. I prefer to hang out here :smile:

@dukie001 is your doc saying anything about placenta previa at this point? Because mine was same as yours is now with my son and it ended up not moving much at all, resulting in previa. It didn't really affect me a ton overall. But I did end up with a scheduled c-section before 38 weeks so I didn't go into labor on my own. My doc also didn't want me traveling past 32-33 weeks at that point (if I remember correctly). You should still be fine at 28 weeks, but of course best to check with your doc as well. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

edited June 2019
    @Tulips29 The Doc seems to be not very concerned with the placenta. I still hope that it will migrate as the uterus stretches. I asked the nurse about traveling, she said it's ok, we just need to know where is the closest hospital with neonatal care, just in case. I bought a cute maternity bathing suit, so....I'm definitely going  :D
    @wabash15 Thanks! Is 36 weeks general policy for most airlines? I probably should check with them before buying tickets.  

How is everyone doing? 
  • @dukie001 glad to hear! cute bathing suits are always motivating to go somewhere :smile:

Our 1st trimester thread is a bit quiet, hoping you ladies can join us over there :smile:

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @dukie001 We’re going on vacation next week and I’ve had the worst time finding bathing suits! My ass has exploded and the maternity suits didn’t cover as much as a like so I ended up going with a larger sized regular suit. I hope it still fits by next week lol!
  • @dukie001 so you were right! NIPT results were negative, and we are having a boy! I was too impatient to do a gender reveal, but I went to Magnolia and had them do the frosting on a couple cupcakes either blue or pink and seal the box, then opened w hubby later..

Ugh the topic of bathing suits. My bday is coming up and we are going away to shelter island for some relaxation. I’m wearing a one piece bc the bloat is so unpredictable. I feel incredibly unsexy. Hope you guys find some cute ones. I haven’t quite gotten to maternity clothing yet but that’s a good idea for a bathing suit. 

Cupcake below 
  • @somewhereinnyc Congrats on a healthy boy!! Anytime I have an excuse for cupcakes I take it! If you’re still in the in between stage with bloat a maternity suit would be flattering and probably make you feel better. Once I started wearing maternity clothes I felt 10x better about my bloated bump. I’m finally bumping but I have a short torso and a regular suit in larger sizes was more comfortable for me. I need to take advantage of the time I have left to wear bikinis anyway 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • @k_mama91   :D I feel like I got bigger everywhere, especially in my upper body. I got two-piece, the upper piece looks like a tank top, so there is room for a growing belly. I'll take a picture tomorrow and try to put it here. 
    @somewhereinnyc Congratulations on a baby boy <3  and test results. It is a huge relief to get negative NIPT. Did you do NT test as well? 
    I agree with @k_mama91 that maternity clothes make so much difference. Before I just looked fat, but now I look plumpy but pregnant :D  
  • @somewhereinnyc congratulations on a baby boy, so exciting! Did you also get your results quickly from the gender blood test? I'm doing mine on the 3rd and super impatient to find out already!

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @dukie001 my dilemma is my chest. I’m a 34 A normally and while I’ve finally hit a B cup (woo!) my ass has tripled in size along with my belly 😆 The maternity suits I looked at didn’t fit my booty and we’re too big in the chest so after days of searching I hit up target for some regular bikinis. 
  • @k_mama91
    Can you take them in where necessary at all? The problem of a small chest but wider hips/behind is my every day struggle so I'm always taking things in around the chest. 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @mbradfo2 possibly? I wasn’t interested in paying that much for a suit though and everywhere I checked wouldn’t separate the tops and bottoms. We’re taking by a family trip with my parents and grandparents so I wanted a more modest suit but ultimately I’m happy with what I bought.
  • @k_mama91good idea about moving forward w maternity clothes. Feel more comfortable and don’t stretch out your non-maternity clothes.. I’ve started browsing amazon.. my clothes are getting tight in the middle

@dukie001 28 weeks should be fine to fly but maybe message your doc’s office to double check? If the placenta is close to your cervix, does that change the rules at all?

@Tulips29 how exciting! You did PGS so I’m hoping that eases the anxiety of the screenings? Do you know if boy or girl?

so I had a bit of a scare this weekend. We announced my pregnancy Friday and of course that evening I started spotting brown. It was a tiny bit and stopped quick but still scary. I had gone to the doc a day before that and she swabbed my cervix bc sorry tmi.. yellow discharge.

Apparently I have both BV and a yeast infection (now being treated). I’m guessing it’s a flora imbalance from months of progesterone suppositories. The BV thing freaks me out- apparently it’s associated with preterm labor and some studies associate it w an increased risk of miscarriage. But weirdly, it’s apparently very common and only tested for if symptoms are present. Ladies, if you notice anything different down there, get it checked out..
  • @somewhereinnyc i'm so sorry for your scare. I hope everything is fine for you and the baby and no more scares! Definitely good advice to get anything irregular and weird checked out, we often forget that part. And no, we don't know the gender. I have my own suspicions, so it'd be fun to see if I'm right or wrong. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @somewhereinnyc
    I believe the risks are mostly for untreated BV and other infections --- untreated infection is one of the major causes of preterm labor. I took antibiotics twice during my pregnancy for asymptomatic UTI's that they just found on routine screenings at my appointments so I think it's pretty common for them to just treat any infection that pops up to be on the safe side. Don't read too many articles from Dr Google! 

It is very important though to make sure you are checking out anything that seems 'off' to you! I had a few instances where I thought I might have a UTI so I got that checked out (all okay) and my major time feeling 'off' resulted in a dx of pre-E and delivery of my little girl at 35 weeks! So be in touch with your body and don't be afraid to bring up your concerns to your doctors and nurses!

Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• @Tulips29 @mbradfo2 thanks for the encouragement and well wishes ladies! And yah, googling was not a good idea! But I am now taking meds so hope that clears things up. Heh- I just made a pun. Wow about the pre-eclampsia- I’m glad everything worked out ok and you and your little girl are healthy!

@Tulips29 if you have a preference for a son or daughter, hope you get whatever the preference is!

i have a Nucchal translucency u/s on Wednesday, and still lots of morning sickness (which is weirdly comforting when there was a spotting episode and infection). Fingers crossed things go ok. It’s the last visit of first tri (!)
  • @somewhereinnyc ugh I’m sorry for your scare! I know how that makes your heart drop, especially after announcing to others. Glad it wasn’t anything serious!

If I had a dollar for every time I googled a symptom and got totally freaked out I’d be able to afford the fancy stroller I want 😆  But in all seriousness guys, I’m so on edge and paranoid it’s affecting my ability to feel like I’ll bring home a baby in December. Infertility is a bitch. 
  • @k_mama91 I empathize w you. The vanishing twin is enough drama after ivf and infertility.. I hope you’re not experiencing any more bleeding and the subchorionic hematoma is going away. You are bringing a baby home in December! And you’re not alone in the stress and anxiety of this!
  • @k_mama91 the anxiety never goes away. I still have PTSD from my first pregnancy and the 2 bleeding scares I had. I check every time I go to the bathroom and pray there's no bleeding. It's not healthy! 

@somewhereinnyc I don't have a preference. I used to say that I can't picture myself having a girl and was convinced with my son that it'd be a boy. Now I convinced myself it's a girl so I can't picture them saying it's a boy lol. My husband wants all boys because he's just scared to have girls and all the girl stuff that comes along with it. But he's a big moosh with our friends' daughters so I know he'll be just fine. Either way, I just want a healthy baby :smile:

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @k_mama91
    What the other ladies said -- it never really goes away. After my baby shower at 32 weeks, I was still thinking, "Wow, these people really think I'm going to have a baby..."  I felt relief when I was finally holding her but then all the mom-anxiety hits you and I think it's harder for moms who have to go through IVF since that baby just feels sooooo precious (not that other babies aren't precious, but when it takes 6 years for you to have 1 baby through massive medical treatment, it feels different, I think). For her first year, I was so terrified that I would lose her somehow -- something would happen that would take her away from me. It's gotten better as she gets older but it's still in the back of my mind. 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @mbradfo2 I can see what you mean. This is number 2, long awaited but not my first rodeo, and I’m supposed to be more laid back this go round. I swear I’m already seeing signs of me being more neurotic than with ds.

@Tulips29 Anytime something feels “off” down there I run to the bathroom. It’s a bit crazy!

@somewhereinnyc Spotting has stopped for now! I’m not holding my breath, I know it can return. Hopefully we see the SCH has shrinked at my appt Friday 🤞🏻
    edited June 2019
    Hi everyone! 
    @somewhereinnyc I hope you got BV and YI under control. Good that you caught it early. As other girls said, as long as it caught and treated on time there is no complications.
    How did your MT test go? 
    @Tulips29 May be you have a very strong inner instincts....mama instincts 😊 about the gender, fx for you you get what you want
    @k_mama91 hope your SCH has shrunk or better disappeared. 

AFM I had 4 really bad days. 2 trips to the ER on weekend. Diagnosed with kidney stones. Admitted to the hospital for observation because of being pregnant, the OB that was called from the ER to look at me remembered me from vanishing twin. So he wanted to make sure the baby is ok. On Monday I’m home and feeling somewhat ok, but on Tuesday the pain came back. By the time I got back from work the pain was so bad I was literally screaming from it and couldn’t breathe. My husband wanted to take me to the ER, but I couldn’t even walk to the car. Took Tylenol 1000mg, the pain went down and I fell asleep immediately. Ladies, I was so tired of being in constant pain for four days. I think I passed the stone yesterday, because today I’m good, but I’m still dreading that there is more of them. Agh....
  • @dukie001 oh my gosh, i'm so sorry you've had such a rough few days! can a doc check to see if the stones are out? i hope they don't come back! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Tulips29 They did the u/s and they didn’t see the stones in the kidney, which is very common for u/s. But the ureter was partially enlarged and the urine flow to the bladder was visibly blocked, and I had red cells in the urine- all indicators of a blockage with stone. Normally they do CT scan or MRI, but since I’m pregnant they didn’t want to go that route, which I agree. Baby’s safety comes first, that’s why I declined any strong pain medication. I’d rather suffer myself then have my baby go through withdrawal. 
  • @dukie001 oh maybe goodness! So sorry you went thru that! Hopefully there are no more stones and you’re on the mend. 
  • @dukie001 l’m so sorry you are going through all of that! Yikes! Why wouldn’t they do an MRI? There’s no radiation, so it’s fine during pregnancy. My guess is expense? I would be worried about a kidney infection though if you have a stone blocking things up, so it might not be bad to advocate for close monitoring. Also - opioid pain medication won’t do much for kidney stone pain, the medication that works best is called Toradol, it’s a NSAID....although I’m not sure if it’s the same as ibuprofen and not ok during pregnancy (Tylenol is a NSAID too). I’m a former ER nurse and saw lots of kidney stones....sadly, they are very common in pregnancy, but if you can catch one (they should have given you a strainer to use) and take it to a urologist, they can help you avoid the foods that caused it. 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @dukie001 wow! That really stinks and fingers crossed that you passed that stone! How far along are you? Agree about frequent monitoring being a good idea.. 

@Tulips29 any update??

so I stupidly tried oral metronidazole even tho my doc advised vaginal suppositories for the BV (I’m so sick of the irritation from suppositories after progesterone) but of course, as she warned me, it made my nausea even worse and I threw up a ton- the other day for the first time on a street corner- which was super gross/ embarrassing. So now on the suppositories as originally advised 😒.

Nucchal ultrasound was all clear/ normal. Took awhile bc my bladder wasn’t full and baby didn’t wanna be super straight. He would move around and then settle back into the curve of his sac. The tech had me shake my hips/ cough/ etc during the u/s to get baby to be straightened out. My husband was thoroughly entertained it. 
  • @somewhereinnyc I know what you mean about the irritation, I’m super sensitive down there in general and the suppositories made me raw 😩 That’s awful about the street corner, don’t feel bad though I puked in someone’s driveway last pregnancy. So embarrassing.