December 2019 Moms

weekly randoms 6/17-6/23

2»

Re: weekly randoms 6/17-6/23

• ninrmsninrms member
    @rjgmcmanus @blueskychicago12 Oh god, I can relate to the "full of crap." I'm on/off constipated, so I know that's going on. As for husband's weight? My husband comes from a family of elves, I swear. He's about my height (a hair taller), but has always been 30-40 pounds lighter than me. (He has SUCH a tiny frame, and so does his mom, dad, and sister.) Considering I've always been a bit chubby, yikes. Also, congrats on keeping that weight off! Even though it's probably unnerving seeing it slowly creep back on, at least you have the confidence to know you *know* how to lose it again, when you're ready, post-baby. :)

Also, we still haven't announced our pregnancy yet, but will be in about two weeks. Reading all of your crazy unsolicited advice (when to have ANOTHER baby?!) is making me anxious!! I haven't had to deal with that yet, but I'm sure it's coming!
  • rjgmcmanusrjgmcmanus member
    edited June 2019
    @ninrms GIRL. I just started taking Metamucil the past 2 days in hopes it would help the constipation. WHOA. I feel fabulous this morning...and am about 3 pounds lighter than I was yesterday. 

And I am trying to learn to not care about other people's opinion/rudeness, which is difficult. But, being on here is helpful, and talking to friends in person who have been there also helps a lot. In the end, it doesn't matter, people are going to say what they want, you do you. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @mrszoobear My town is the same. Half of my graduating class has 3-4 kids by 28, the other half went straight to college and are just starting to marry and buy homes. I did things ass backwards, I got pregnant at 18, had ds at 19, then got married and graduated college. I will say I feel so much better this pregnancy about stability and preparedness. You’ve experienced things the others weren’t able to and are in a better starting position to raise a child the way I see it. 
  • I couldn't tell you what my graduating class did, I graduated,  moved, and never gave then a second thought. I've known people who've had children as young as 15 and old as 41 and are raising great people while maintaining their passions and careers. 
  • @anniemarie887 *standing ovation* THANK YOU. I need to read that book, clearly.

Also, pizza for breakfast is AWESOME. No judgement.
  • cnd29cnd29 member
    I agree with most that your location definitely has a lot to do with average age for things like getting married and having kids. I had my first a week after I turned 35 and now I’ll be 40 by the time #2 is here. There are some people I went to high school with whose kids are graduating high school and even college already. But then there are others of us who waited. My sons pre-K class had some moms around my age, some younger but I don’t think there were really many very young at all. What it all boils down to is the right time for you may be completely different than for someone else and as long as you’re happy with it then that’s all that matters. 
  • I feel like everyone I know is so varied in age when they have kids.  I was 23 when I had DD and a lot of our friends and our siblings were having kids around the same age.  I am 32 now and I feel like I still know a ton of people around my age kids.  And I know tons of people who were a lot older who when they had kids.  Both my kids BFF’a moms are in their 50’s.
  • @ninrms your description of your elfin husband😆
  • @CapricaAndrea - yes I have seen the new T-Swift video! It was fun to see so many alumni. I ADORE TODRICK HALL. Have you seen his video for Nails, Hair, Hips, Heels? So great.

@anniemarie887 - I am right there with you shouting the praises of Oster and "Expecting Better". I really appreciate the data driven approach. I have been reading and enjoying her new book "Cribsheet" as well. 
  • Hi everyone!

@anniemarie887- 
    I’m a big little lies fan. I have only watched the first episode of season 2 so far, but I’m already loving/hating Meryl Streep.

@kymaesim- this has been my dilemma lately too and we just purchased a Honda Pilot. I also considered the sorento, and the Hyundai sante fe because we wanted to stay under 25k (used but <3 yrs and low miles). We ended up going with the pilot because it had more bonus features for the price and I love it. It has the automatic lift gate, 3rd row, and the kids can’t get over the fact that it has 16 cup holders. Lol. I also liked that leather was standard in the pilot which it isn’t with the other 2 we considered. Happy shopping!

I also second the not so cute pregnancy! I just look bloated and the acne is killing me! Hope it subsides a little now that it’s 2nd trimester time.

And I love seeing all the various ages. I will be 32 when this one comes, but my soon-to-be husband will be 41.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

• @rjgmcmanus - Yes, thank goodness for Amazon prime and ship to store options. 
  • @rjgmcmanus maternity panties are life 😂 

@mrszoobear (I think you started the age thread?) I think it’s a small town mentality to have babies young. The town I grew up in if you stayed / moved back after college you had your children By the age of 24. Those of us that left had them later a little later. I had my DD at 28 and I’ll be 32 when this baby is born. 

I’ve been so sick the last 36hours. I’ve never had ever his feeling of an actual sour stomach and exhaustion before. I took yesterday off of work as a sick day and literally slept most of the day. It was amazing. 
  • PSA: If anyone is eyeing a Keenz, use code JULY4 to take 15% off on their website. Or if you go to Target, you can do an in-store pickup for basically the same price!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Married to DH for 6 years (together for 16)
    DS born 12.13.14
    DD born 10.15.16
    BFP 1.24.18, MC 3.13.18
    <3 BFP 4.25.19, EDD 12.31.19  <3

• @ktmaesim what about the new Ford Expedition? The Platinum one is AMAZING. We were eyeing that but actually settled on a Pacifica. Never in a million billion years did I ever think I'd end up in a Mini Van, and I LOVE IT. It's so luxurious inside too. Nicer than the Odyssey.  :o But if we were to get a different car I would probably get the Expedition XL Platinum in a heart beat. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married to DH for 6 years (together for 16)
    DS born 12.13.14
    DD born 10.15.16
    BFP 1.24.18, MC 3.13.18
    <3 BFP 4.25.19, EDD 12.31.19  <3

• This is truly random, but I've realized that it makes me uncomfortable to tell people "I'm pregnant".  I find that I prefer to say "I'm expecting a baby".  I think saying "I'm pregnant" feels like I'm revealing something intimate and personal about my own body. I dont think I have uttered that phrase once🤷‍♀️
  • @blueskychicago12 I agree! I still feel kind of weird telling people, casual acquaintances. When I do mention something, I usually tell people how far along I am.  Maybe an excuse for why I look chubby but not super expecting yet?  I feel like it’s private info that I’d rather not share very much yet.