October 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 6/17

Re: Weekly Randoms 6/17

• Options
    @kindbytealikat You make some solid points! I'm a FTM, but I know several moms who would unbutton the bottom part of sleepers and just let the baby be free and open down there. Granted, it depends on where the snaps actually are, but I was leaning toward zippers until you just said that.
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    @kindbytealikat for daytime changes, I was fine with either, but DH got easily frustrated with snaps. For MOTN, it definitely had to be zippers. Neither of us could manage snaps in the dark when dead tired.
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @quidditchcapn1120 I’m so sorry 😞❤️
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    For STM+ Am I the only person in the entire world the prefers buttons sleepers!? I keep seeing article after article says go zipper. I always found it so much easier to just unbutton the bottom half. The zipper ones I hated the fight to get the leg back in the un-zippered side. I also felt that is restricted size and they out grow them so much quicker. Maybe I should have saved this for UO.
    I hate sleepers period, doesn’t matter if they’re button or zip. I only use them until they can fit in pants and the stump falls off. My kids wear gowns to bed (onesie top but bagged at the bottom) until they can fit into 9m two piece pajamas 
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Options
    @quidditchcapn1120 I’m so sorry for what your family is going through. 
  • Options
    @quidditchcapn1120 I’m so sorry. ❤️❤️
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kindbytealikat Yes, yes you are. 😉 I always had trouble getting the snaps to line up right and would usually have to redo it. Zippers and sleep gowns FTW!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @quidditchcapn1120 I am so so sorry. I was close to losing my dad to cancer while preg with DS (S4 laryngeal, diagnosed when I was around 8/10 weeks). I'm not sure anything can prepare you for that loss. I know you'll be there when YH falls apart, but make sure you give him the time he needs to do so. And it likely will come at a very unexpected time (for both of you). Sending lots of love and hugs to you both.

@kindbytealikat I prefer the Target ones I had for DS. They zipped up from the foot so you could still change them without more or less undressing. In going through all DSs old cloths I made sure to keep those out for DD.
  • Options
    @quidditchcapn1120 So sorry to hear about your FIL. 

@kindbytealikat I feel like they are hard to come by and better luck ordering online but Google “inverted zipper infant sleepers”. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • Options
    @quidditchcapn1120 I'm so sorry to hear about your FIL. I'll keep you all in my prayers.
  • Options
    @quidditchcapn1120 so sorry to hear about your FIL. Big hugs to you and your DH. ❤️
  • Options
    @quidditchcapn1120 I am so sorry. We had a scare with MIL just a week or so ago, and although they caught hers early, the treatment is going to be intense. TW and TMI in spoiler. I'll be thinking of you and your family. 

MIL has been feeling ill, lethargic, generally way too old for her age for a while now. She finally went in and they found evidence of cervical cancer. Most likely it was from an HPV infection from her 20s or so, but she was also a pretty heavy smoker until about 8 years ago. Luckily, they caught it when the cells are only precancerous (I think?) but they have spread, so the treatment will involve the removal of at least part of the cervix and apparently the clitoris, too. She seems to be in okay spirits and doesn't want a second opinion on treatment, which is actually kind of a big deal with her. I just hope that she gains back a lot of her old energy and spirit, so that the quality of life changes end up a net positive.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Family visiting + Nesting = Nothing is ever clean enough. 

Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Thank you all so much for the well wishes.  I’m so sorry to hear that so many people have personal experience with similar situations.
  • Options
    @steminist I hope all goes well with your MIL! Will keep her in my prayers as well.

Today has been nonstop so far and it's not even lunch time (of course im still hungry...). Little man hasn't been kicking this morning, either which has me stressed...
  • Options
    Has anyone ever dealt with a family member (or significant other of a family member) with anger issues? We’re having issues within DH’s family and I need an outside perspective, if anyone’s willing to listen to a rant or has been in this position before 
  • Options
    @melanier26 Yes, my MIL, she's lucky we talk to her honestly, she's burned so many bridges. Rant away!
  • Options
    @Cass005 my little guy wasn’t moving a lot yesterday... which made me worry but today we are back to our regularly scheduled  backflips and drop kicks.  💙  
  • Options
    galentinegalentine member
    edited June 2019
    @cass005, I hate when the baby doesn't move for awhile and starts to worry you. That's  the worst! Try not to stress though, because you probably lulled him to sleep with all your running around! 😊
  • Options
    @melanier26 FIL doesn’t have anger issues per se, but his default communication mode tends towards loud, angry sounding outbursts and it’s definitely affected my relationship with him. Vent away!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Just FYI that Seraphine is having a 50% off sale! I find it really expensive, but I was able to snag a few dresses for under $50 that look like they will be perfect for both work and weekend wear.
  • Options
    @quidditchcapn1120 I’m so sorry to hear that. 💔 My grandma was diagnosed with stage VI breast cancer that metastasized in her bones almost three months ago. It came out of nowhere and now we are talking about hospice care. It’s been the hardest, most sudden thing. I’ll be thinking about your family. 

@kindbytealikat I like zipper sleepers with two way zippers that you can unzip just the bottom. Win-win!
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @jcbh2018 good luck with the move!

IMO, MWs typically use less interventions and focus more on what you want/wish. Here, they can write scripts, order exams/scans, do inductions, and are first assist in c sections with their patients. Depending on the practice, they may not even mention induction until you are close to 42w, and they may be unwilling to keep you if you become high risk.

I’ve had both, and I think I just got lucky with my OB because he focused very much on whole woman care and making sure you had as much control as you could, whereas I’ve had friends tell me their OBs pushed interventions and early inductions. 
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Options
    @jcbh2018 wowza!!  You have your hands FULL!!  I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible.  
  • Options
    Best of luck to you, @jcbh2018! I'll be sending positive vibes your way.
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    @cmbt2
    Ah, okay.
     Either way, I’m going to miss my OB. He was my Delivery Dr. with my first born. Maybe, if she doesn’t work out for me, I can still find an OB without being declined on being so far along. 

@kindbytealikat
    I meant to put in my 2 cents. 
    Button sleepers are nice for the first few months IMO
    then, zipper sleepers. Once they start walking, I prefer pants/shirt combos. That way, they can feel their feet on the ground and don’t slip. 
  • Options
    @jcbh2018 Texas to Ohio huh. Reminds me of the Bowling for Soup song! Good luck on your move. I'm sure things are hectic. And I second what cmbt2 said about midwives vs OB.

@quidditchcapn1120 I'm so sorry you're facing that right now. 
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @jcbh2018 I can feel you on missing your OB! We moved states after I had DS1, and as stupid as it was, I was really sad to leave my OB because he really was just that amazing, and I felt we had a really good relationship. 

It took awhile to get there with my current MW group, but I found a couple in the group I really clicked with. Mine will take high risk patients and just send you to the high risk OB in addition if needed, and they’ll do elective inductions for non-FTMs at the 39/40w mark
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Options
    jenferlee82jenferlee82 member
    edited June 2019

Edited to correct gif error

Well hi guys - sorry I went MIA this week. I was traveling for work and the days were packed and very, very long. I am exhausted and questioning the decision to take this new role, but otherwise good. Don’t have the patience to @ everyone but tried to lovetit generously as I caught up. :smile:

@quidditchcapn1120 I am so sorry for what you are going through. My thoughts and creepy internet hugs go to you right now. 
  • Options
    @jenferlee82, I was wondering where you went! Welcome back 😊
  • Options
    @quidditchcapn1120 and @steminist I'm so sorry you are both dealing with illness in your families and I wish both of you all the strength and support should the time come.
    *TW*
    That time came very unexpectedly for my family this week. I found out on Wednesday that my father passed away. I'm heartbroken and feel so so very guilty. I posted in the FFFC thread not long ago about finding out that he had leukemia and that I was overly concerned with money matters over his health outlook. If I could take that back I would. I didn't have a great relationship with my dad, but I regret how much of it was ruled by anger I felt at him for the little things over the years. He was not the best father, but sadly his passing was not discovered for some time and I am absolutely horrified that I could have let that happen. He deserved better. I may find out on Monday the when and the direct cause, but it's been a very somber week here for me. While we celebrated my SO, Stepdad and FIL I only questioned my father paying his phone bill when I couldn't reach him on Sunday. I'm torn up. So sorry to destroy/derail the thread, but I had to confess somewhere, and this thread was closer to ending than our last UO/FFFC.

Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • Options
    @cooaladolly I’m so sorry for your loss.  I can’t imagine what you are going through and I’ll keep you in my thoughts. 💚
  • Options
    @cooaladolly, I'm very sorry for your loss. Thinking of you ❤❤
  • Options
    @cooaladolly I am so sorry for both your loss and your confused and questioning feelings. Relationships are incredibly complex and I’m sure you always did the best you could in what sounds like a very challenging one. My heart goes out to you and I hope you can find peace and comfort in the coming days/weeks/months. 
  • Options
    @cooaladolly I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your father. Losing a parent is always difficult, no matter what kind of relationship you had with him or her. Try to be kind to yourself and not beat yourself up over the 'what ifs' and 'shouldas'.

I'm sure your feelings toward him were more than valid, and I like to believe that parents always know, deep in their hearts, that their kids will always have a love for them (whether it's a complicated love or a more simple one), no matter the circumstances. 💛💛💛
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    @cooaladolly I’m sorry for your loss. Sending thoughts and prayers that you find a sense of closure