December 2019 Moms

Group 2 Check In (DD 12/9-12/16) WO 6/10

EDD/Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Whats your favorite family tradition?

Re: Group 2 Check In (DD 12/9-12/16) WO 6/10

• rjgmcmanusrjgmcmanus member
    edited June 2019

EDD/Weeks + Days: December 14, 13 weeks, 2 days

Baby is the size of a(n): According to the app, it's a lemon for the overall week...but as tall as a tube of lipstick for the day (it must be a tube of lipstick that's completely twisted up, because I'm pretty sure a lemon is larger than a closed tube).

Upcoming Appointments: June 27

How are you feeling?: Great! Physical therapist changed some of my exercises, so my back isn't hurting as much. Mostly just heavier, but other than that, doing well. It's nice to have energy and an appetite. :-)

Rants/Raves: BABY BOY!!!! AHHHHHH!!! We got the results, everything is TOTALLY normal, and we're having our little boy! It's so funny, I've been CONVINCED this whole time it was a boy, but I know other people who thought they knew what they were having and were wrong, and I'm still amazed that I was actually RIGHT! So happy beyond reason. Husband is thrilled too. Also, we chose our nursery theme: Yellow Submarine. It's going to be fun. :-)

Questions: Good gender reveal ideas? We have a few in mind, but we're still brainstorming. My sister and best friend are co-planning the baby shower for September, and we decided to tack a surprise gender reveal onto it as well.

GTKY: Whats your favorite family tradition? I'm from a huge Polish family--think "My Big Fat Greek Wedding," but Polish. One of my favorite traditions is every year on Thanksgiving weekend, the female members of the family all get together and spend a whole day making pierogi for Christmas--at the end of the day, we all bring containers home (we made around 300 one year), throw them in our freezer, then defrost them a couple days before Christmas Eve, and cook them up at that time to go with the Christmas Eve feast. It's just a really nice female family bonding experience. Two years ago we finally let a few of the males finally join in (they were in it for the "initial taste test," haha), and I'm not going to lie, it was actually really fun--the guys bring a new element of chaos/humor to it. Something I'm looking forward to doing with the family for years to come.

• 13+1, no appts, still "team green".

I still feel fine but more tired than usual past few days. Still feeling good about my weight,  I'm borderline overweight so I'm very very serious about only gaining 15-20 lbs.  I hurt my back yesterday but it's definitely on the  mend and will be fine in a day or two. 

We don't have any family traditions,  our new family tradition will be traveling every Christmas break to a foreign country rather than celebrating the holidays with family, since we really don't have much in the way of extended family (this kid will have no siblings or cousins).
  • Loading the player...
  • Spartanrd4Spartanrd4 member
    edited June 2019

EDD/Weeks + Days: I will be 14 weeks tomorrow- Due date December 10th 

Baby is the size of a(n): Peach 

Upcoming Appointments: I have my monthly appt with my OB next Monday 

How are you feeling?: Nervously awaiting NIPT results and hope to hear HB on the doppler soon. Other than that feeling okay- feel like my GI issues have gotten better last couple days, peeing a lot more. Boobs still sore. 

Rants/Raves: My husband is out of town for work this week Monday-Friday so I am mommying solo. I am already exhausted. Can't imagine how this will be like with two kids when he is traveling. 

Questions: Not really. 

GTKY: Whats your favorite family tradition? We go on a big family trip to Cancun or Cabo San Lucas Mexico every couple years because my mom has a timeshare there. Its so much fun! 

• ale9687ale9687 member
    edited June 2019

EDD/Weeks + Days:  12/12, 13w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): 🍋 

Upcoming Appointments: ob apt on Thursday

How are you feeling?: much better physically. Still nervous after my bleeding scare last week. Hoping my OB has more info on it Thursday. 

Rants/Raves: my mother is driving me nuts. she was at my NT scan with me last week bc DH was out of town for work so she was coming to occupy DS during it so she found out I had some bleeding that morning and I stupidly told her the dr believes I have slight partial placenta previa. Now she is telling me 100 things I can’t do which my dr has not advised me to avoid doing anything yet. 

Questions: n/a

GTKY: Whats your favorite family tradition? I love all of the holiday baking we do. We also have an annual cousins Christmas party we do during the holidays since it’s so hard to see everyone. I just really love everything from Thanksgiving to Christmas. 

• @rjgmcmanus YAY FOR BOY! #boymom

@spartanrd4 Girl! Its going to be great, those babies will keep each other company while you supervise! Also, Mexico!! Take me with! 

@ale9687 I had a partial placenta previa with my 2nd and as my uterus grew it grew up with it! 

EDD/Weeks + Days: 13w2d dec 15

Baby is the size of a(n): lemon?

Upcoming Appointments: June 19

How are you feeling?: I feel great. I swear my boobs wont stop growing though.

Rants/Raves: I have a log of raves this week! DH1 made all star baseball on the 7-8 YO league and he is 6. They are advancing to district and he is having a blast! I love watching him in his element. ALSO, MY HOUSE WAS FEATURED ON MY FAVORITE OLD HOUSE FB PAGE. I am literally screaming because I am so excited! 

Questions: Nope

GTKY: Whats your favorite family tradition? I have no clue. I dont know that we do anything routinely enough to call it a tradition. I mean I love our yearly beach trip.

• @klmcguire Sounds like you're having a FANTASTIC week! So good! Also, yearly beach trip is DEFINITELY a great family tradition. :-)
  • @klmcguire so happy to hear it resolved for you! Hoping the same for me. That’s so fun about your house!!! 
  • @rjgmcmanus Yay for a healthy baby boy!  Yum, pierogi!  I've never made them, but we enjoy the ones from Costco!

@bookworm492 That's really cool that you plan on travelling every year around Christmas.  Do you have any destinations in mind?

@Spartanrd4 Single parenting is hard, I don't know how some people do it full-time.  I'm jealous of your annual beach trip :)

@ale9687 I hope your doc gives you the all clear at your appointment.  Having restrictions is really annoying.

@klmcguire That's so cool about your house!  Congrats to DS on making the all star team.  My 13 year old DS plays on a house league and was asked to play on the competitive team this year too.  It's fun, but man, it's time consuming!

EDD/Weeks + Days: Dec. 11 / 14 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): peach

Upcoming Appointments: OB appointment on the 25th, and we'll schedule anatomy u/s then

How are you feeling?: Less tired and nauseated, which is nice.  Constant headaches and sore back + hips now.  Just happy to be in the second tri!

Rants/Raves: We got a few days of summer weather before the rain started again.  I can't wait to be off for 4 weeks!  7 weeks to go and think about how to amuse four kids on a flight to Denmark!

Questions: 

GTKY: What's your favorite family tradition?  Nothing that other people don't do, but stockings are my favourite part of Christmas.  I spent months shopping for them, and the kids loves opening them.

• @bakerstreetboys Umm.. YES. Time consuming and HOT. I have avoided travel ball and all that because I am not ready for all of that.

• klmcguireklmcguire member
    edited June 2019
    Sorry meant for this to go on randoms...
  • @bakerstreetboys Denmark?! That sounds so fun! I've never been, but it's on my list. What are you guys planning to do there?
  • @klmcguire I'll take some of that heat!  Until this week, I was huddled up at games in a jacket and blanket.  Some parents even had sleeping bags!

@rjgmcmanus Visit family mostly, with some day trips to LEGOLAND and other amusement parks for the kids.  My husband is Danish, so we go every couple of years, but have never taken all four kids with us!  We loves going to Copenhagen and to the beach at the very tip of the country too.  It's a beautiful place, but super expensive!  One thing I love about Europe is how easy and cheap it is to travel around; we usually add another county on to our trip, but not this time.  I'm saving Italy for when we can go without kids :D

• @bakerstreetboys That's so awesome! And yes, Italy will definitely be more fun without kids, lol! I've never been, but my sister and my husband have each gone, they loved it. I love Europe--so far I've been to England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Spain, Poland, Hungary, Austria, and Slovakia...but I feel like I've barely hit the tip of the iceberg. That's so great that you get to do that. Enjoy!
  • @bakerstreetboys really we're open to going anywhere but high on the list is Iran (probably just us adults since you have to go through a tour group), Lebanon,  and when the kid is old enough for hiking and rock climbing,  we're dying to return to Jordan. 

I'm considering a long weekend somewhere for labor day, a last trip before the baby.   Maybe London? I found some reasonably priced tickets for there. I won't be in my 3rd trimester by that point yet. 
  • @bookworm492 I lived in London for a few months in college, it's one of my favorite places in the world. Definitely go!!!
  • @bakerstreetboys your travels are making me so jealous! I live in NJ, USA, it’s so expensive to fly anywhere even in the US. 
  • @ale9687 I live in Canada, so it isn't any cheaper!
  • Doing this way late because my app wasn't working for a bit! Oh well :smile:

EDD/Weeks + Days: 12/9; 15w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): eggo waffle

Upcoming Appointments: Monday the 24th

How are you feeling?: like I hate being pregnant. this is #2 so I know it will all be worth it, but being pregnant is not my thing :neutral:

Rants/Raves: my job is driving me crazy but at this point i feel the need to stick it out until after maternity leave! at least i get to take DD with her friends to the beach this weekend!

Questions: Is anyone else really struggling with finding the joy in being pregnant? I really miss the freedom of not being pregnant (food, exercise, wine, not being so big!!)

GTKY: Whats your favorite family tradition? It's silly, but every saturday and sunday, DH, DD and I get up and go to get coffee and donuts out and spend a little time together before the day gets crazy. we look forward to the little drives we do taking the long way home 

• @jenn6233 yes I also am eagerly anticipating no longer being pregnant! Completely with you. 
  • @jenn6233 Struggling too. Part of me loves it and is amazed by it, part of me is dealing with body image issues as I put on weight, NOT enjoying the aches that have started the past couple weeks, and I HATED the first trimester (morning sickness/exhaustion SUCKS). Only just now starting to get back into a regular exercise routine since I'm feeling better, but hating that I'm basically starting from square one again with it and going slow, since I barely did anything first trimester due to the aforementioned morning sickness/exhaustion. Missing some of my regular clothes that are super cute, but don't fit anymore since the appearance of the bump. Miss my regular sexy bras that I can't wear right now since my boobs have basically doubled in size. Also miss alcohol and sushi, and hate having to double-check everything I consume to make sure it's okay. Excited about the baby, but also looking forward to a glass of wine and sushi and unpasteurized cheese when this is all done, lol.
  • @rjgmcmanus I'm still eating sushi throughout my pregnancy.  Not often,  since it isn't cheap,  but maybe every few weeks or so.  https://www.parents.com/pregnancy/everything-pregnancy/sushi-during-pregnancy-safer-than-you-think/

As far as alcohol,  I haven't had any but Expecting Better has led me to believe a little bit in moderation isn't so bad.  I might have some later on as I go but for now I'm avoiding the empty calories anyways. 

I don't think any of the cheese I eat regularly is unpasteurized as it is so I'm not very concerned there. 
  • @jenn6233 We already have a new thread for this week so make ure you go over there too, but I will weigh in on your question above.

I have sushi as well... in moderation. I am also one that has a glass of red wine every once in a while too (after first tri) . I personally think things in moderation are ok (my thoughts not a drs thoughts) , but I am also one who doesn't give up lunch meat or caffeine, so I may not be the best judge when it comes to being a good pregnant person.

• bookworm492bookworm492 member
    edited June 2019
    @klmcguire I've had lunch meat a few times since finding out as well.  There were some work events where it was the only option.  Honestly I don't really care for it,  but I didn't want to skip a meal!  And a cup of coffee daily. 
  • beeker2beeker2 member
    edited June 2019
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 
    December 9. 15 weeks, 1 days. 

Baby is the size of a(n): Eggo

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow. 

How are you feeling?: Okay. I never had any morning sickness and have been able to continue running but I struggle with a ton of digestive issues and painful stomach aches and cramps. 

Rants/Raves: I am with a few other people on here. I hate being pregnant. It was unplanned so struggle with a lot of ups and downs. Wish I could feel like I could connect with it or something but honestly just feel resentful, constipated and gassy. I'm pissed off that everyone from my perspective seems to be like, "oh I only gained 2 lbs so far and I'm at week 26 teeheeeee." No offense if you're one of those people, but screw you. Sometimes I look at my bloated distended stomach at the end of the day and my massive areolas and I'm just like, what the actual eff. I gained 10 lbs by 6 weeks despite running my ass off and weight lifting and TRYING TO control my ravenous appetite. I'm hungry all the time and so tired of thinking about food. I never had this problem before, usually not interested in food, now I'm watching 20 minute dessert montages. I'm so annoyed. I also drink my thermos of coffee every day and I honestly don't know how to give up lunch meat. I've had two glasses of wine since finding out and also believe everything in moderation. I tried looking at maternity clothes and I don't understand them. All my clothes are too tight already cause (as previously referred to) I'm gaining weight like it's a competition but the maternity clothes are like a weird too big and they cost A MILLION DOLLARS. SO I'm just going to keep wearing my stupid tummy tuckers to make my stupid dress pants fit and continue to perpetuate my constant stomach ache. Also.... I'm sick of drinking water and peeing All. The. Time. Uuuuuuuuuuuuugh. I could go on but will stop. For now. Is it almost over 😩😩😩

Questions: is it almost over? 

GTKY: Whats your favorite family tradition? Ironically, Christmas stuff. 
  • @babydubbs1 I'm not really seeing the scale move BUT my body is still changing in ways that I don't like either and pants are starting to be more uncomfortable.  I agree,  maternity wear is 1. Too expensive and 2. Shows off the pregnancy which I don't want. 

I've found success with 2 things at old navy right now: their swing dresses and their drawstring linen-ish pants/shorts.  They aren't maternity.  I expect to wear them next summer and beyond as well.   

I also went to the library yesterday to browse and came across a book called "what they don't tell you". It's about the crappy emotional side of pregnancy. I sn really ready to dig into it. 
  • @babydubbs1 @bookworm492 Maternity wear is obnoxiously expensive, but I DEFINITELY recommend shopping the sales/clearance racks/using gift cards/coupons. 4th of July is coming up, so you'll probably see tons of markdowns in the days leading up to it, so keep an eye on your local stores. I did my big spree on Memorial Day, and hit Target and the local maternity shop that day to get the bulk done. Between the sales and the Target gift cards I had, I spent less than $300, but came out with 3 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of work pants, 3 pairs of leggings, 6 dresses (3 casual, 3 for work), and 3 pairs of shorts. I know $300 sounds like a lot, but it comes out to about $17 and some change per item...when most of those items were marked originally between $30 and $50. A few weeks prior to that, I also hit a maternity bra sale that was buy 3, get 1 free, and swimsuits were marked down 50%.

I haven't needed to buy tops yet--I usually wear flowy, blousy tops anyway, so most of my tops are still fitting. Nor have I purchased any workout items yet--my leggings are still stretchy enough for the moment, as are my sports bras and workout tops. But you better believe when I need those things, hitting the sales/clearance racks. Full priced items are NOT on this mama's list, especially when pregnancy is temporary and I won't be wearing these items that long. But, I figure if I get good quality items, I'll be able to keep them tucked away for the next pregnancy as well (we're planning on having two).
  • @babydubbs1 @bookworm492 And I almost forgot, if you have ANYTHING that can possibly give you a discount, use it. We're military, so I also got 10% off at the maternity store, but some places also do discounts for teachers, first responders, people in the medical field, certain memberships, or other groups. So make sure you ask about anything that might be pertinent, because you never know!
  • Here's a link to the book I mentioned above.  I got the name a little wrong,  I dont have it nearby

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GNRG71D/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1
  • I'm so glad I'm not alone!! Everyone always seems so happy and I'm exhausted faking happiness with everyone, I want to just be like "is it December yet?! This sucks!" Hang in there mamas, at least we have each other to vent to!

Also I agree about maternity clothes, most of them are not cute enough for the insane price tag they come with. Even just basic tank tops are like 25.99! It's insane!
  • @jenn62333 word girl! Preach! Such ugly clothing for ridiculous prices @bookworm492 I own that book! It is good but experiencing the emotions in real life has been a real trip...A long trip.... With several breakdowns and no AAA to come bail you out :( ... And 257 bathroom stops every hour.