Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What music do you listen to?

Re: Group 3 Check In (12/17-12/24) w/o 6/17

• EDD/Weeks + Days: 13w7d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: GREEN

Upcoming Appointments: 6/26 routine appt and quad screen

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): The insatiable need to eat has slowed down, and I haven’t felt nausea in ages. I did randomly barf Friday, came out of nowhere and super quick. I still am loving French fries, and potato chips (hello salt!) and then ice cream and fruit (baby you aren’t giving any gender hints on the food I’m eating). 

Rants/Raves: Rave: tomorrow starts 2nd trimester! Holy cow. Also, definitely have a little belly. My friend lent me her Doppler and I found the heartbeat this week after trying a few different days - the grin on MHs face was the BEST. Rant: have a friend two weeks ahead of me and I feel like comparison crap is already annoying. Saw her this weekend and she was like “I can’t believe you have a belly, I don’t have anything!” She has previously had body and food issues. And I don’t appreciate being judged because I’ve had Chick-fil-a and ice cream and she “would never put that garbage in her body”. 🙄 I eat a balanced diet, eff off. 

Questions: Anyone else have just bizarre pressure, still almost cramps? Just assuming this is everything continuing to stretch out. 

GTKY: What music do you listen to? Mostly alternative/indie rock (LCD Soundsystem, Phoenix, the National, Arcade Fire, Sylvan Esso). The exception is my major major love for Adele. 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days:  13 weeks today! wooo

FTM/STM/TTM+:    FTM

Team Green

Upcoming Appointments:  Not until July for just more routine stuff. I'm confused as to why the genetic counselor hasn't reached out to me yet. 

How are you feeling?:  I'd like to think I have a little belly but not sure. I wonder if my bloat will go down before I actually start to show? I also have been getting so full so much faster which is hard to adjust to. I get so full that I feel like it's up to the back of my throat and then I start hiccuping! It's annoying lol.  I also had some cramps last night for a while, they almost felt like the super soft and tender cramps I get before my period starts which sort of threw me off. Super nauseous on and off again, after feeling super normal for a week or two.

Rants/Raves: @annie@anniemarie887
     I really want to get a doppler to just hold me over in between appts, is that crazy? I'm currently on amazon lol. The comparison stuff is annoying. 

Questions: Anyone else keep getting hiccups? I also was wondering if anyone has been getting dizzy? I went for a walk on friday I the sunshine and I felt so scared I was gonna pass out and I had eaten and drank tons of water already that morning. 

GTKY: What music do you listen to? I'm in for anything. Lady Gaga is prob my fav artist out there, but I love The Struts, Ariana, oldies like the Beatles, musicals, Taylor swift, love all kinds of Rap, Celine Dion, Justin Bieber, Drake...I'm super random with music and will jam to anything ! 
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 12/18, will be at the 14 week mark on Wednesday. Yay!

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: 3d ultrasound on 6/30, routine apt on 7/2

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Umm terrible! Acne is still an issue, I had to take off 3 days last week. Couldn't keep food down for 2 days straight. Headaches are increasing in intensity and number of days I have them. Energy is still sooo low. I feel like crying constantly. 

Rants/Raves: 

Rant- I am happy for all the women who are getting their appetite and energy back and are feeling better. Really I am. But I'm also super jealous and a little irritated that I'm not. Every pregnancy is different and every womans body is different. I get that. But for once can't I just be medically average and get back to feeling better for my 2nd tri? 😭

Questions: I've finally decided to take the "risk" of eating deli meat cause I love me a good sandwich on French bread. I know I have to heat it up to 165. But do you think it is okay for me to microwave it to that heat? Or does it need to be on the stovetop?

A little bit of everything. I really love old music. Frank Santora, Dean Martin, 60's-80's rock, even some 90's music. I am not a big fan of hardly anything made in the last 10-15 years though. 
  • anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited June 2019

@ktmaesim I think the thing with the doppler is to not freak out if you can't find the HB, it's still early and I am not a medical pro in any way, shape or form! I actually commented over on the PGAL gals because I tried week 9-12 and couldn't find it, the MA at my practice confirmed b/c I have a back tilted uterus it's harder to find while baby is little, she even took a minute at my last appt. Check eBay, I think the prices are better.

@mrszoobear my OB ok's sushi and deli meat once you hit 2nd tri - everyone's gotta do what they are comfortable with - but I ate a cold turkey & cheese sub the other day and it was officially the best thing I've eaten in ages... and I don't even crave deli meat normally. I actually brought this up w/friends over the weekend: I think a lot of the rules and facts that are circulated surrounding pregnancy is fear mongering and I just can't subscribe to that.

edit to add more.

• @anniemarie887 at my third appt where I was around 11 weeks, it took her a while to find it, and she had to press SO HARD on my belly it honestly hurt and I was shocked she was even allowed to press so hard! I'll check eBay, never bought anything from there! thanks 
  • @anniemarie887 - I know the threat of Listeria from deli meat is real, but extremely uncommon. I looked at the American Pregnancy website and it said as long as the meat is cooked to steaming it should be good. I for sure got it steaming in the microwave so I feel like I should be safe. I'm still not going to eat it often but I'm not going to cut it out completely.
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 13 w +6

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: finding out

Upcoming Appointments: Had PT / "Bodywork" today - apparently my pelvis is stressed from everything encompassing the IVF and my right leg forgot how to move. It was just as much an emotional therapy session as it was physical which I was not expecting but appreciated! Next midwife appointment is 6/25. 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): feeling ok. I'm struggling a bit in the mornings with my thyroid meds and not being able to eat which is causing nausea for me. Cravings are all over the place right now. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: I know my husband knows I'm pregnant but he can't grasp the fact that I need to start scaling back on things already. I'm fine riding my bike still, but I'm not going to take it as fast, especially on the downhill! He was giving me a hard time about this over the weekend. Finally, he shut up when I said that I had a bit more consequences if I fell than him!

Rave: My daughter has been so cute about the baby. This weekend she walked up to me, lifted my shirt up and gave my tummy a big kiss then said hi and "tickled" the baby. She's already making plans for what she's going to teach the baby to do and I'm having to tell her that the baby won't be able to do certain things right away. I really hope her enthusiasm stays once the baby is here! 

Questions: STM+ mamas that don't have family nearby what plan are you putting in place to watch your other children while you're at the hospital? I'm already freaking out about this. 

GTKY: What music do you listen to? Do podcasts count? or NPR? No, how about the wiggles? but really primarily more indie / alternative music. Our daughter was named after a State Radio song. 
  • @ashorkey oh man, I haven’t heard someone reference State Radio In well over a decade. I loved them and Dispatch in high school/college. 
  • @anniemarie887 They're (both) my husbands favorite bands! We saw Dispatch in concert last summer and I'm pretty sure they're touring again this summer. 

• @ashorkey yes! They came through the Baltimore area at a big outdoor venue... sadly I drag my hubs to so many shows he wasn’t interested in a trip down memory lane. We were also huge OAR fans back in the day, and because they’re from Maryland the one venue here was always an epically fun summer concert. I just downloaded all my State Radio and Dispatch from the cloud on my phone, always excited for change in pace. Reminds me of back when Bonnaroo started (and was good!!)
  • @ashorkey (lurking from group 4) I also have the same concern about DS because all MH and my family live 14 hours away. Like while we were TTC that was my biggest concern and still is. We have not told family about this baby yet because of some other more concerning health issues going on with me and don't want them to freak out even more but I think when we do tell them they might plan a trip down. If they can't come down (which is understandable) DS may just have to go to the hospital with us lol 
  • @anniemarie887 LOVED OAR in college! We've seen them in concert many of times and even accidentally met a couple of them once. They were messing around on some golf carts on the back path into the venue they were playing at and we were coming in that way (not a popular way in) they almost hit us and stopped to apologize. 

@Peachie89 we have a couple of friends we may be able to ask but my biggest worry is what if I go into labor in the middle of the night and who will we be able to call. not that I think my family would be more reliable in that situation, but I feel like it would be less imposing to call them. 
  • ninrmsninrms member
    I am loving reading all your posts and getting to know you all better!

EDD/Weeks + Days:  12/24, 13 weeks today!!

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding Out

Upcoming Appointments: One on July 8th with my general practitioner, first one with my OB on Aug 12--gender reveal at this one!! (We didn't do the NIPT)

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Nausea pretty much gone, but is replaced by headaches and acne. Still really sluggish, but that could be because my sleep schedule has been screwed up for the last week (and I'm kind of a sleep queen.  :# )

Rant: I'm home visiting family (we live 12+ hours from everyone, though we're still close: my parents, four sisters--still in middle and high school-- grandma, aunts, uncles). My mom and grandma know I'm pregnant, because I couldn't help but tell them ASAP (this will be the first grandchild AND great-grandchild, since I'm quite a bit older than my sisters and cousins)....they are DYING for my to tell everyone, and I am too! But my husband couldn't come visit, so we're holding out until my family gets back together again the week of July 4th. It's killing me not to tell my sisters--they're so eager to be aunts!

Rave: I am just so, SO happy to be on summer break right now!!

Questions: 

GTKY: What music do you listen to? So many different things! Nine Inch Nails is far and away my favorite band, and has been my entire life. I love alternative, grunge, rap (hello Death Grips!), stuff from around the world, just about anything. Current favorite bands: Radiohead, A Perfect Circle, Glitch Mob, Run the Jewel, Death Grips, Childish Gambino, The Bug
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 13w6d (doctor bumped us up to a 12/19 due date)

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: We’re having a little boy!

Upcoming Appointments: I had one this Monday and have to go back in 3 weeks on 7/8. The ultrasound showed a cyst on my right ovary (actually there’s one on both, but the right one is fairly large at 8cm). The doctor thinks it’s either a dermoid or a corpus lutiem cyst. The dermoid shouldn’t grow very fast and the other kind should, in theory, shrink. However, the cysts measured larger than my last ultrasound and if they grow more to 10cm, he wants to take them out because they can twist and rupture/cause pain if they get larger. Which means surgery with a baby in me and the idea of that terrifies me. I’m crossing my fingers we don’t have to go that route at all. If we do, everything I’ve read says that kind of surgery in your second trimester isn’t super threatening to the baby. Also, they cysts have absolutely no impact on the health of the baby, which is a relief. It’s still very scary though. 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Other than anxiety over the idea of surgery, I feel quite good. Nausea is gone and hunger is back with a vengeance. I get headaches sometimes, but all in all pretty solid. 

Rants/Raves: Rave: despite everything with the cysts, the ultrasound technician kept calling my baby perfect, strong, healthy and beautiful which was magic to my ears.  Rant: In addition to being just scared out of my mind about the idea of abdominal surgery while pregnant, I’m also scared that if they remove the cyst they’ll have to remove my ovary too. This is my first baby and I’d love to have another. My left tube is blocked so I’m kind of counting on my right side - I don’t want to lose it. We had to do IUI for this baby and I’m scared of how low our chances get if I take out the one functioning side. I suppose it would be IVF only. So in addition to being scared, I’m also kind of angry. Even though I know in my heart I’d literally let them take out any part of me if it meant our little boy was born healthy. It’s just generally a scary time.

Questions: Has anyone else gone through any kind of surgery while pregnant? Or know anyone who has?

GTKY: What music do you listen to? Lots of indie/folk type music. Very into The Head and The Heart right now. Also Lord Huron, Father John Misty, Shovels & Rope and Fleet Foxes. All with a little Taylor Swift mixed in for singing in my car!
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 12/19/19 / 13 weeks 6 days

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: We found out last week that we're having another girl. This is three girls for us and I couldn't be happier.  

Upcoming Appointments: next week

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): morning sickness is improved and energy level is up. I've been pretty hungry and trying to stay active. 

Rants/Raves: I was pretty actively running before I got a BFP. I'm surprised at how early I feel like I can't. I get winded easily so I've just been walking. :( I was hoping to run well into the second trimester. My sweet girls are so excited about the baby and DH and I are starting to get excited, too.

Questions:

GTKY: What music do you listen to? I like a good mix of indie/folk and classic rock. Lately I've been l listening to the Head and the Heart (@lucylivesinwa), Dawes, and Tom Petty. I listen to a lot of audiobooks, podcasts, and NPR, too (probably more than I listen to music these days). 
    DD#1 - 12/09  
    DD#2 - 7/13  
    Baby #3 due 1/19, m/c 6/18  
    DD#3 due 12/19!

• devvidevvi member
    @lucylivesinwa

I had an appendectomy prior to realizing I was pregnant with this child. It was laparoscopic and early pregnancy is higher risk. 

I almost needed my gallbladder removed with my second pregnancy. They wanted to wait until I hit the second trimester to reduce the risk. They will choose the time that is lowest risk to you and the baby. 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: December 19 so 13 weeks 6 days

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: finding out - just had genetic screening done so we’ll know in about a week!

Upcoming Appointments: July 11 but just had one yesterday 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Every time I think the nausea is subsiding it creeps back in. Still pretty tired, too. I’m anxious for the energy to kick in! Been craving crispy salads which I suppose is a healthier craving to have since the first 12 weeks all I wanted was carb heavy foods (pasta, bread, Mac n cheese).

Rants/Raves: My hubby called his grandma on Mother’s Day to tell her we are expecting. She knew we had miscarriages in the past and this is our first baby. Her health was declining and we knew she wouldn’t have many days left. I was barely 9 weeks I think. We just got back from her funeral and while I’m so glad she was able to hear our news before she passed, she managed to tell our news to his whole family! We started to tell his cousins and aunts/uncles and they pretended to be surprised at first but then said, “grandma spilled the beans.” I can’t be mad about this I know, but I’m sensitive because we’ve had multiple miscarriages so we really wanted to wait until we were in the second trimester to share and it was our news to share. Oh well, I’m trying to think that she was so overjoyed that she couldn’t help but talk about us. 

Questions: I’m 5’11” and really have nothing to show. I thought I was beginning to get a belly but it’s gone down so I’m thinking it was all bloat. Any other tall ladies? My doctor says I’ll likely show much later since I’ve got plenty of room for baby, but I want the bump!

Third Eye Blind, The Chainsmokers, country, a little bit of everything 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 12/23, 13w2d

FTM/STM/TTM+:  FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: finding out

Upcoming Appointments: July 8

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): no specific cravings, just a ramped up sweet tooth that I’ve been trying really hard to control.

Rants/Raves: a coworker who I’m not even close with said to me “wow that’s gonna be a big baby...” It caught me off guard and there are several other pregnant nurses on the unit so I said, “what baby?” She goes, “yours! If you’re already showing this much at 12 weeks I can’t imaging how big you’ll be by 40!” 😳🤯 ummm excuse you? I don’t know if it was the way my scrubs were kind of cutting me off at my belly button and I did feel kind of bloated that day but what the actual f*ck lol. I can kind of feel a bump when I’m laying down but otherwise don’t think I’ve changed much yet on the outside. Don’t get me wrong, I can’t wait to be showing and for it to obviously be a baby bump, but I thought that was a very bold comment to make to someone you’re not close to (or even someone you ARE close to)! How hard is it to NOT comment on a pregnant woman’s size?!

Questions: kind of a weird/random question but has anyone ever used wallpaper before?? Considering buying some for an accent wall in the nursery but it seems so expensive. Wondering if it’s worth the price and hassle or if I should just try a stencil and paint instead. 

GTKY: What music do you listen to? Mostly country, but when I get sick of the same old stuff on the radio I change it up with folky stuff, 90s rock, or oldies (love me some Beatles).
  • ninrmsninrms member
    @rlbost25 I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's grandma! It seems like a blessing you were able to share this news with her, even if she did spill your beans. 

@kelcom89 OMG I can't believe she said that!!! I mean, I know people are notorious for making completely insensitive and out-of-line comments, but holy moses, that seems not okay!
  • @kelcom89 people can be so infuriating! Check out Target and some of the peel/stick options!
  • @lucylivesinwa I'm sorry you're going through this, especially while pregnant! If they continue to grow, ask about them draining the cysts rather than removing them. I have endometriomas on each ovary and because of how they are encompassing the ovaries (each 10cm at the time) we opted to drain them rather than remove because there was a high chance I would lose the right ovary and a large portion of the left. The plan was drainage and then monitor after the baby is born and if I need to down the road have another surgery and then remove the ovaries at that time. My doctor is hoping for me to make it until at least 36 before removing them due to increased heart risks later in life from removing them too early. Last piece of advice, see about getting a second opinion from a Reproductive Endo and see if you can find one that specializes in cysts. I was so happy I went this route rather than just going through a traditional OB. 
  • kbee08kbee08 member
    edited June 2019
    **Just realized I posted in the wrong group. I definitely read it as "-12/25" instead of "-12/24". So sorry, moving this to group four! 😔

EDD/Weeks + Days: 12/25 - 13 weeks and 2 days

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team Finding Out

Upcoming Appointments: 7/9 for my routine appointment, but I'm scheduling with an ultrasound studio either right before or after that appointment to find out the gender....super excited!

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Pretty good, still have random nausea and tiredness though. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: We have told close family and I feel like everyone just can't wait for the news to be out there. I'm still not quite ready to announce yet though so it's a little frustrating to have to explain that I'm just not quite ready yet!

Questions: I am excited to find out the gender and am going to start planning our gender reveal party soon. I'm thinking of just including immediate family but I'm unsure if we should expand it to our grandparents too or if it would be better as a small more personal party. Grandparents would double the attendance. How big did you or are you planning to go in terms of invites if you're going to do a gender reveal party?

GTKY: What music do you listen to? I love all different kinds of music! Alternative, rock, pop, rap, oldies, basically anything! 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 12/21 13w5d 

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Green

Upcoming Appointments: 3 weeks? I think.

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): GI symptoms are real.. had issues my first as well, but this is much worse, and my umbilical hernia I got the first time is already really bothering me.

Rants/Raves:
    Rants: I am huge... I already had a chubby belly from last time, and started this pregnancy 25lbs heavier than last time, but I didn't expect to look this pregnant already. Ugh. 

Rave: I love how much my daughter is loving the idea of being a big sister and how cute she is about it.

Questions: anyone else have remedies for constipation that dont result in diarrhea?

GTKY: What music do you listen to? Mostly rock music, some alternative, some pop. Just no country for me!

• EDD/Weeks + Days: 13 w, 6 d; due 12/21

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM with 2 bonus kids

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: it’s a girl!

Upcoming Appointments:  not until aug 3

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): nausea decreasing this week, but I still can’t stand most meat. Loving cheese/crackers and fruit- I’ve been on a fresh cherry kick!

Rants/Raves: enjoying feeling better, but frustrated with some of my family this week. We shared the news a while back as well as the fact that we are eloping next week and going to have a casual party in August to celebrate. My family has been so judgy/pushy about the wedding stuff that it’s making me wish I hadn’t told them until after the wedding!

Questions: none right now

GTKY: What music do you listen to? A little bit of everything, but I like country music and 90s a lot.