Group 2 Check-in (DD 2/8 - 2/14) w/o 6/17

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What’s your favorite time of year (season, holiday, etc.)?
TW
BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's

Re: Group 2 Check-in (DD 2/8 - 2/14) w/o 6/17

• Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Est due date 2/15/2020, 5 weeks 2 days

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: can't wait to find out!

Baby is the size of a(n): Lentil

Upcoming Appointments: 6/26 with a nurse to do labs, answer questions, etc. My Dr won't see me until I'm 10-12 weeks!!

How are you feeling?: Just sore breasts so far. No nausea yet. Honestly praying for some other symptoms, like nausea, LOL. Last time around I MC'd before I got to the nausea stage. I'm a little worried history is repeating itself. 

Rants/Raves: went to a 4 year old's birthday party over the weekend and my husband was a hit with all the kids! He's going to be such a great Dad.

Questions: FTM here. What is something you wish you would have known the first time around, or something that surprised you? Anything at all regarding pregnancy, childbirth, Motherhood, etc.

GTKY: What’s your favorite time of year (season, holiday, etc.)? Spring! We have long, snowy, and frigid winters in MN. Everyone is happier when Spring finally arrives. 
  • @Rainbowmakes3 Too funny about the wine being offered! Sending all the positive vibes for your ultrasound!

@malloryfrommn So sweet about YH! Those are all good questions! I’m curious as well!
    TW
  • @craftywitch Good luck at your ultrasound!!! 
    TW
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 2/14, 5+3

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): BB pellet

Upcoming Appointments: U/S on 6/27

How are you feeling?: Peeing a lot, get dizzy, lightheaded/weakness, sore boobs

Rants/Raves: DH has been super pissy with me lately, like everything annoys him and makes him mad. Maybe he is pregnant too? It’s really annoying.

Questions: none

GTKY: What’s your favorite time of year (season, holiday, etc.)? Fall...birthday, then Halloween, then Thanksgiving! And sweater weather! What’s not to love?
  • @malloryfrommn I wish I knew epidurals aren’t this evil thing that leads to csection. I changed my mind after getting stuck at 8cm for hours. Got the epidural, and within an hour I was complete! And now I work in a birthing center and I see this all the time. An epidural can help relax you to allow your body to do its thing.

I’m not saying everyone should get one, or needs one. I just know for myself next time that I want it sooner!
  • @daffodil_shoe Sorry YH is being a butthead! I totally agree with sweater weather! I’m actually super excited that we will all be super pregnant and able to wear leggings and sweaters! 
    TW
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days:   February 10, currently 6w1d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:   Team green, as long as they're healthy

Baby is the size of a(n):   End of a match  :D

Upcoming Appointments:   Another ultrasound this Friday, then we'll know if we're looking at twins or not

How are you feeling?:   Mostly mild symptoms, feel like I'm gaining weight and showing already, especially in the chest area (which i guess if it is twins that makes sense my body might be in overdrive) Just started getting nausea on and off throughout the day, and actually threw up a little this morning.

Rants/Raves:    Just super excited the last ultrasound went well, it was the first happy ultrasound I've ever had.

Questions:    Can't think of any right now.

GTKY: What’s your favorite time of year (season, holiday, etc.)?    Fall, I'm a Halloween girl.  Just something about the way Fall smells and all the leaves changing. 

@craftywitch you're speaking my language.  I make a butternut squash soup and throw some curry powder in it.... sooooo good, even my husband the picky eater loves it. Dip some fresh bread in it??? YUM

• @alseltzer Good luck this Friday at the next ultrasound!
    TW
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: feb 12 th/ 6 weeks

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: finding out ASAP

Baby is the size of a(n): rainbow sprinkle

Upcoming Appointments: July 3rd for a dating u/s

How are you feeling?: well I’m currently in St. John so pretty amazing. Hanging with DS and DH at the beach for the past 2 days. Sadly I have MS that peaks around 3-4 PM and I’m breaking out horribly. But we took a pretty cute announcement pic with DH in the sand so that’s exciting. We generally announce pretty early (we probably will around 8 weeks). 

Rants/Raves: oops. See above. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What’s your favorite time of year (season, holiday, etc.)? I love fall. I’m the most basic of bitches. I also LOVE Christmas even though I’m agnostic. 
  • @kiwi2628 same! Agnostic but I love decorating my house and a tree for Christmas!
  • @craftywitch what does she say that contradicts?
  • @kiwi2628 Weight gain is cals in & cals out even during pregnancy and nursing, GD is predominantly lifestyle related, after 2yo kids should only be given 2% or fat-free milk... I know this isn't what's accepted here and am now wondering what the consensus among dietitians is with regards to pregnancy, nursing, and little one nutrition.

• leksiLleksiL member
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 2/12, 5w+5d
     Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: finding out
    Baby is the size of a(n): lavender bud
       Upcoming Appointments: ultrasound in one week!
      How are you feeling?: mildly nauseous and constantly hungry, dizzy
      Rants/Raves: ok this trap pain can go away now. Today my daughter was so cute playing with bubbles and popping them in the yard. 

Questions: GTKY: What’s your favorite time of year (season, holiday, etc.)? I love the late spring early summer because I love spending time outside.
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• leksiLleksiL member
    edited June 2019
    @craftywitch good luck weds keep us updated! I have followed nutrition for a long time and came to the conclusion that no one knows what they are talking about 😂 I just try to eat a variety of healthful foods supplemented with a treat from time to time.

eta: weight loss is calories in calories out. You just use more calories when pregnant because you are growing a baby. I give my 2 year old 2% - was told by the doctor no more whole milk. Why wouldn’t that be accepted here? 
    Married Jan 2008 

• leksiLleksiL member
    @malloryfrommn I wish I had known that there is no “perfect” birth story and that I would not be a failure for having a cesarean. I beat myself up for months afterwards even though it wasn’t my fault. Looking back now who cares? My child is healthy and that is the only important thing. So make plans for how you want it to go but be ready to accept a change of plan.
    Married Jan 2008 

• leksiLleksiL member
    @kiwi2628 & @daffodil_shoe add me to the agnostics who love Christmas club! I was raised atheist and my husband was born Catholic. We were at a Christmas concert and I’m singing along to the songs and DH is like how do you know this music? 😂 like I lived under a rock or something! Anyway it has pagan roots so I figure it’s a holiday for everyone. 
    Married Jan 2008 

• Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Feb. 10 - 6w1d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team Green

Baby is the size of a(n): metal earring back ;)

Upcoming Appointments: I had my first appointment today to confirm everything at my GP. They took blood. I should hear back in a few days! My next appt with a midwife is July 23. (It seems so far away!)

How are you feeling?: More tired, more sore in the boob region :wink: , still some cramps and some different kind of discharge. 

Rants/Raves: I got my pass for our local water park and now am not able to do the fun rides! Lazy river for me! lol 

Questions: What sunscreens should I avoid? 

GTKY: What’s your favorite time of year (season, holiday, etc.)? I love winter. I hate being hot and sweating lol!
  • aleciaraezaleciaraez member
    edited June 2019
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Feb 13, 5w4d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed

Upcoming Appointments: July 11th (so long, but they wait until week 9)

How are you feeling?: I’m doing ok. Tired, a bit nauseous and emotional.

Rants/Raves: 3 days off work before I start teaching summer school! Trying to do some fun things plus relax a bit.

Questions: not sure!

GTKY: What’s your favorite time of year (season, holiday, etc.)? Summer! Off work, warm weather, fun trips with family, baseball games, and more.
  • @leksiL Hopefully your trap pain goes away quickly! Too cute about your daughter and the bubbles! ❤️

@kiwi443 Your vacation sounds amazing! That’s awesome you got some announcement pics, though! 

@burr1371 Yay about the water park pass! Lazy river alllll of the way lol. For sunscreens I try to be all natural, I really love the one by PureHaven!

@aleciaraez Enjoy your days off before you’re back to work!!! 

TW
  • craftywitchcraftywitch member
    edited June 2019
    @leksiL I think the GD and ability to control weight are more controversial, although I must admit I’ve been giving my 2yo full fat milk and chocolate and the other July2016 moms seem to be in agreement about full fat being standard still. I bet you’re right and these were just this woman’s personal beliefs, but I’ve never talked to a professional dietician about pregnancy or nursing so I’d kind of like a referral to see what they would say now.

@burr1371 I look for zinc oxide sun blocks rather than sun screens, but definitely opt for sunscreen and not against- I burn faster while pregnant and the hyper pigmentation is real (aka pregnancy mask).
  • Thanks for the tips @brookert615 and @craftywitch. I definitely have some zinc oxide sun block already and use it about 50% of the time and always on my face. The Target brand is just so easy! =( I am a relatively easy burner and I am def trying to protect my skin <3 
  • @noxacanthus Too cute about napping with the cats! 
    TW
  • @mrsbeefoster22 Sending all of the love for your ultrasound today! 
    TW
  • @craftywitch I dunno about kids, but o never drink anything other than whole milk. There are higher percentages of sugars in the other ones that a) I think they taste gross and b) I feel like more sugar defeats the purpose of a non-soda drink 
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 6w 3d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Can't wait to find out!

Upcoming Appointments: July 3

How are you feeling?: Extreme morning sickness 24/7 for the last week .. I've been MIA from the board because of it.  I ended up in the hospital on Saturday after 24 hours of nonstop vomiting/dry heaving and unable to keep anything down.  Dreading the next few months unfortunately.  I thought I had it bad with DD but this is already way worse.  Also, have outgrown all but my sports bras already!  Tired but I think thats mainly from lack of nutrition.

Rants/Raves: DH has been so supportive with me being a miserable wreck from m/s.  I'm so grateful for him!

Questions: none

GTKY: What’s your favorite time of year (season, holiday, etc.) Christmas season ALL THE WAY!  Im the crazy person who puts up their decorations the second Halloween comes down... mainly because I like to have it up for my birthday in early November.  
  • @tensparkles I’m so sorry you aren’t feeling well and it landed you in the hospital! ❤️
    TW
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 5+6

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Will want to know ASAP, and hoping for a girl... but as a FTM I’ll be happy with either

Baby is the size of a(n): opening of s straw 

Upcoming Appointments: June 27 US... but calling my doc this AM to ask about spotting, so maybe sooner? 

How are you feeling?: Sensitive/sore breasts. Fatigue off and on, mild nausea/burpiness off and on. Possibly super emotional? Had to close my door at work to sob for ten minutes after receiving some negative feedback yesterday.

Rants/Raves: right now just nervous about spotting I saw last night. 

Questions: Just related to the spotting. But Google has told me plenty about that. 

GTKY: What’s your favorite time of year (season, holiday, etc.)? Love the Spring! When I can wear shorts and dresses and finally go on morning runs in nice weather.
  • @um_thor Good luck today getting a hold of your doctor! Hope you’re able to get your mind at ease! So sorry you had a bad day at work yesterday! ❤️
    TW
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 6 weeks

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: we found out last time, so probably

Baby is the size of a(n): honestly, I don’t want to get into that until after my first appointment 

Upcoming Appointments: in a week on 6/26

How are you feeling?: anxious and tired because I’m not breathing right (totally an anxiety thing for me) and because of insomnia 

Rants/Raves: two half days left after today!

Questions: nope

GTKY: What’s your favorite time of year (season, holiday, etc.)? Summer and Thanksgiving (which just so happened to be the date of my failed scheduled induction with DS.)
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 Sorry for all of the anxious feelings and not breathing right! Sending you all the positive and calming vibes, girl!  <3
    TW
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 2/12/2020   6 weeks

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:I think we will find out

Baby is the size of a(n): Sweet Pea

Upcoming Appointments:US on July 5th

How are you feeling?: Tired... taking lots on naps. And very sore breasts. 

Rants/Raves: n/a

Questions: I still don't believe this is really happening. After 6 years of infertility it just doesn't feel real yet. 

GTKY: What’s your favorite time of year (season, holiday, etc.)? Fall! 
  • @brookert615 Thanks, lady. I’ll be a bit better when school lets out on Friday and hopefully will have relief after my first appointment. I cried before all of them with DS until he was like 20 weeks. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 ❤️❤️❤️

TW
  • Sorry about emergency ultra sound! I had one Thursday. Turns out I have subchorionic hemmorage which has caused two bouts of bleeding. Pregnancy right after a miscarriage so I know the feeling of anxiety! Can only try and stay positive and enjoy each moment!