January 2020 Moms
Options

June Symptoms

Re: June Symptoms

• Options
    @biolprof I’ve had good luck with pink stork morning sickness candies. They have ginger and b6 in them. They aren’t a permanent fix but help for a little when I need it. 

• Options
    @biolprof are you taking B6? It has done a lot for me. I still have bad days but it makes it a lot more manageable 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bioprof - Have you tried B6+Unisom? You can take 25 mg of B6, and 12.5 mg of Unisom up to 3 times daily.
  • Options
    biolprofbiolprof member
    edited June 2019
    Thanks ladies! I thought the b6 was only for vomiting but if it is safe an effective for the nausea that sounds great. I have my OB appointment tomorrow. I'll ask if I should give it a go! My poor partner! He feels completely helpless watching me be miserable and I feel bad that I'm no fun to be around.

Also going to pick up some of those candies. I'm desperate for anything to work! 
  • Options
    @biolprof I’ve had much more nausea than vomiting and it has helped me immensely. I lost five pounds just because I couldn’t eat and now I’m rebounding much better 
  • Options

I completely hit the wall today. Could barely keep my eyes open for the drive to work, was constantly willing myself not to throw up, and then threw in the towel and came home early and slept. I still don’t feel great and keep taking my temperature because I have of course scared myself into thinking I have listeriosis. Temp is 99.1 so I am figuring it’s just more first tri fun. This is totally different from pregnancy with DD, in which my only real complaint was heartburn. 
  • Options
    @EmilyE13 - Definitely keep an eye on the fever. They can spike pretty quickly. Do you have a cold or anything, maybe a sinus infection? UTI?
  • Options
    @marebear15 Just allergies—although they have been known to give me sinus infections in the past. I also did a family trip this weekend, which has worn me out. I’m achey but have no clue if that’s due to pregnancy vs being sick, just like the rest of my symptoms. If my temp gets to 100, I will be calling the nurse for sure. 
  • Options
    @biolprof same here. Someone mentioned zofran so I’m gonna ask my dr about it on Wednesday.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    Last night was absolutely not able to smell nor eat the dinner with ground turkey I requested and DH cooked. Ugh, even thinking about it now makes me feel sick. I've never had an issue with ground turkey, so it must be an aversion.

Has anyone been getting jaw pain while chewing? Things that require a lot of chewing, like bagels or even cereal I'm noticing my jaw is killing me while I'm chewing, like it's so tired. It's really really strange.
    Me: 31
    DH: 32

Married: Sep 2012
    TTC #1: Jan 2015
    Baby A (via IUI due to MFI): Sep 2016 born at 35+6

Surprise but very welcome + on 5/16/2019, EDD 1/25/2020
  • Options
    Here’s a weird one for you. Normally I have an issue when other people brush their teeth. When I have to help ds brush it’s like nails on a chalk board and I get the heebie jeebies. Well, brushing my teeth this morning and last night gave me the same feeling. Usually I’m fine with my own teeth but man, I had a physical reaction to it. Obviously it could not get bad enough to where I wouldn’t do it, but it should be interesting if this continues to be an aversion of mine. 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 brushing my teeth makes me gag.  So a different type of reaction than yours but it still can turn into a horrible cycle in the morning if I have to keep brushing after I get sick.   I'm pretty sure my last pregnancy I had to stop flossing and I told that to my dentist who seemed fine with it.  It just wasn't going to work for me.
  • Options
    My boobs have been KILLING me. More so my left one. It stings! Also some nausea and dizziness. I do feel like my clothes are a little tighter. I also get super hungry!! Oh and the crazy dreams have started lol 
  • Options
    @jamidine same here! I’m already a big girl but I had lost 20 pounds before I found out I was pregnant so people are probably thinking I’m just gaining it all back! Lol and I have to wait till next month to announce!(12 weeks)
  • Options
    @mispanda even the thought of brushing makes 
    me clench my teeth. I never thought of aversions would be anything other than food, but here we are lol. 
  • Options
    Positive symptom is my allergies always disappear when I am pregnant!
  • Options
    Ugh, every afternoon/evening I feel yucky, but this afternoon and now I feel totally normal. And am making dinner...so of course I’m suddenly very anxious this is a bad sign. 

• Options
    @bosslady925 I had the same thing happen yesterday! I was worried about why I felt so good...then after dinner I just felt like death and that has continued through today. So I guess I should learn to appreciate it instead haha
  • Options
    mrsbudddmrsbuddd member
    edited June 2019
    @bosslady925 that’s me today! I’ve been feeling so awful lately, can barely stand up straight or look at food. But today I felt pretty great, I’ve been eating decently and I even walked my big kids to school with no issues (it’s like 6k round trip and the walk home is mostly uphill) but now I’m sitting here thinking oh shit, does this mean something is wrong?! 😫
  • Options
    I can't stomach coffee or tea anymore 😭😭  I need my morning drink!  Plus I am having terrible caffeine withdrawal headaches.    H suggested I try cocoa, so that's next on my list... 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    @dumbledoredies I felt mostly normal last pregnancy and seem to be feeling that way now too. It's hard to control the anxiety at times.
  • Options
    I know you're right. I had very few symptoms with my first pregnancy too, and can actually remember waking up one morning early on and my boobs weren't the least bit sore and freaking out then too. The only difference was I was so exhausted until 12 weeks last time, I napped every day after work. This time though, I have a busy toddler and my job is even more intense, so maybe my mind and body are just compensating and giving me energy.

• Options
    Is anyone still breastfeeding here? I am thinking about weaning my daughter because I am just so nauseous and the nursing sessions are killing me. 
  • Options
    Ugh, just got super clammy and sweaty waiting for my lunch in the microwave. Almost like if you're going to pass out. I didn't feel starving or anything, but it had been maybe 2 hours since I'd eaten anything, and after eating I'm 100% back to normal. It was the strangest thing.

• Options
    @justsuzie I'm still nursing and I'm so sore.  We are down to about 5 nursing sessions in a 24 hour period.  My DD is 15 months so I'm not exactly sure how I'll wean but I'm hoping to soon.  I mean she can't be getting a lot right now but I'm not sure.  I'm not tandem nursing either so it will end I'm assuming in the next couple months.
  • Options
    @justsuzie I’m still nursing my three year old maybe twice a day. I know a lot of people probably think that’s weird but extended nursing just works for us. I’ve nursed through two pregnancies in the past and it’s ROUGH, I feel you. It doesn’t help that I can hardly eat anything, so between that and nursing and growing a human I am just totally wiped 24/7. 
  • Options
    @mrsbuddd I wish I could nurse that long! Nothing wrong with it.
  • Options
    I’m 9 weeks and nausea has took a turn for the worse. I threw up for the first time and have had awful stomach pains. Almost thought I might have had a stomach bug but no one else in the house caught it and it comes and goes throughout the day. I get the most sour taste in my mouth when I think of anything other then a. Bagel yet I’m starving. Such a strange feeling to be hungry and sick feeling. Dr ordered me zofran and recommended me taking b6 before and after i eat 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @justsuzie oh I know, nothing wrong with it at all! I’ve nursed all of my kids beyond infancy. I just felt like I needed to throw a little disclaimer out there for the first time moms who might think I’m a total hippie weirdo 😂 (and it’s fine if they do, because I thought that too before I had kids!). 
  • Options
    I feel like I’ve been hit by a ton of bricks. I don’t know how I managed to work 50+ hours a week when I was pregnant with ds. I’m seriously exhausted. I just moved my plants out into the sun and Im so tired and so out of breath. 
  • Options
    cekwvfcekwvf member
    I’m so nauseated all day. And I’m still exhausted. By the time I get the kids to bed I cannot function. But that’s about the time my nausea turns to vomiting. Yay. No food tastes good. But I force myself to eat because the nausea is worse if I don’t. 
    11+2 today and praying this phase is ending soon. I felt the same way with my other two pregnancies but now that I have 3 kids to chase all day, it makes things tougher for sure. 
    @bosslady925 I am having the weird jaw pain when I chew also! I hadn’t associated it with anything until I read that. Never experienced it before and it’s so weird. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh. 11 weeks and the pregnancy/mommy/baby brain has hit me really hard this week.  I have been on the go all week to the point I'm overexerting myself but I still don't get the help I need. How in the heck do some of you do this with a toddler!? I need HELP.
    February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    mymyheyheymymyheyhey member
    edited June 2019
    Yes I'm still nursing and it's hard, sometimes its so painful and others it's tolerable - but DS has zero interest in stopping

ETA: @justsuzie tried to reply to you  <3
  • Options
    smount2011 it's no joke with a toddler. zzzzzz
  • Options
    kbrown2385 I'm out of breath doing anything! And I'm in good shape, this is just ridiculous! fx for a burst of energy soon. 
  • Options
    mrsbuddd the things we were judgmental about before kids...   :D
  • Options
    I'm also noticing I'm out of breath a lot, especially if I'm on a conference call and walking around at the same time. Weird.

• Options
    I’ve been getting lightheaded upon transitioning from lying down... 

Also... kind of gross but... I’ve had loose bowel movement two days in a row, though still once a day, as usual. I’ve been gassy and nauseated and turned off by food but have managed to eat decent dinners. I’ve also been drinking plenty of water. I can’t believe that I should be too concerned considering what’s happening in my digestive tract but I wondered if anyone was having similar experiences.
  • Options
    kateganclakategancla member
    edited June 2019
    @daydreaminghufflepuff I've had similar digestive tract issues and food aversions.  Dinner is pretty much the only solid meal I get most days. I'm 
    wondering if the bowl movement changes may have something to do with the bizarre combinations of food I'm able to keep down plus the increased water intake.