Infertility

May 19 IVF

1235»

Re: May 19 IVF

• @caitiemae congratulations!!!! So happy for you that is great news!
  • akak23akak23 member
    Omg @caitiemae yippeeee!!! 

@lemondrop1976 how are you and your 3 little embabies doing? 
  • Loading the player...
  • @caitiemae yay!!!! I was thinking about you all day and this just made my evening!! Sooo exciting! You must be over the moon. I can’t believe it’s still 9 long days until our US, gaaahhh. This wait! 

@lemondrop1976 are you going to test out your trigger shot and then test before beta? I think you said your clinic doesn’t do betas until  14dpt? I hadn’t heard of doing a 2 day transfer before, so I did some research on it and it sounds like there’s some evidence that a 2 day transfer is better than a 3 day (you probably already know this though!) Sending all the good vibes to your little embies, hopefully they are snuggling in tight! 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @akak23 We have been taking it easy, transfer was Saturday and I took off Monday and Today to relax although idk if it will make a difference I thought I make the most of my last IVF.

@PoeMasque I read up on the 2day transfer this weekend and saw the same information, I really hope these minor changes this cycle do the trick. I think I will start testing by next Monday but definitely by 6/21 because its our 5yr anniversary and desperate for maybe a nice surprise, the transfer on Saturday was also my husband's birthday so I'll take all the fate luck I can get.

Somethings I did a little differently this cycle , #4, is have sex the morning of transfer and I apologize if this is TMI but I had my husband deposit some swimmers the day after the transfer without really penetrating. I found information that the presence of sperm help stimulate embryo development and support implantation by creating a more fertile environment. I have also been laying on my left side as much as possible and massaging my uterus to increase the blood flow to that area. May all be in vein but desperate times call for desperate measures;)
  • akak23akak23 member
    @lemondrop1976 I think we’re all a little desperate so thank you for sharing your tips!

And I totally believe in dates being significant, based on my expected transfer date we will do our first blood test on my birthday, which is also the day my sister died). It’s hard for me to imagine that isn’t a sign...
  • @akak23 Wow, that is significant and hard to not to read in between the lines! Sorry about your sister, but know she is watching over you through all of this.
  • akak23akak23 member
    @lemondrop1976 thank you, I believe she is too xoxo
  • @lemondrop1976 I also believe dates are significant, our first ER was on St Pattys day and a close friend was having her baby during our retrieval. We both wore “lucky socks”. This time around we wore the same socks for this ER, in fact, I insisted on it! Things we do for this journey may seem ridiculous, but whatever lowers the anxiety around all of it is worth it. :)

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque It's interesting the personal touches and things we come up with to cope with this emotional, financial, and physical rollercoaster ride that has no defined design or breaking point...we just blindly ride trusting the engineers to keep us safe and end up satisfied once it's over.
  • Hey all - I have a question for you. I'm looking at going forward with the whole IVF deal, but I'm questioning the contract. After a lot of going back and forth with the clinic. The one outstanding question/concern I have is if there are no embryos that make it to the 5 day blast or pass PGS testing they will not refund the FET fee of $4500. Is that normal????
  • @31magnolia our clinic doesn’t charge for a FET until you do one because you can choose not to PGS test and do a fresh transfer. I think the FET fee is separate even if you know you will test from the start. Does that amount include meds? 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • akak23akak23 member
    @31magnolia my first clinic charged us and we didn’t have a single blastocyst. We switched clinics after our first failed IVF and our new clinic charged us, but would reimburse us if we didn’t need it. 

@lemondrop1976 how ya hanging in there?
  • @akak23decided to test today because its Father's Day and I knew it was not the best idea. I really struggle with seeing those evap lines on the First Response test...too many mind games. I'm sure it's negative but the fact you see something there messes with you. I even opened an unused one for comparison and you can clearly see the test line. I was really hoping for a miracle with this cycle. 
  • @lemondrop1976 hoping it's maybe just too early!  Looking at your old posts, are you 7dp2dt.  I know people don't get some positives until 7dp5dt so maybe there's still hope!  *Hugs*
    ***pregnancy mentioned***

Me: 27/ DH: 29
    Dx:  obstructive azoospermia 
    IVF#1:  October 2015
    10/7/2015:  ER  11 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized w/ ICSI
    10/12/2015:  Transferred 5AA and 4AA blasts, froze one 4AA and 4BB
    Beta #1 9dp5dt:  122!!! BFP!
    Singleton, due June 2016

• Thank you @caitiemae, I hope there is still that chance. I did have a 2day fresh transfer on June 8th so its 8dp2dt but read ppl get some positives by now, but I do know everyone is different. How are you doing?
  • akak23akak23 member
    @lemondrop1976 I am so sorry for the pain you’re feeling today. I am also not going to give up hoping for a miracle for you all!
  • @lemondrop1976 I had only the very faintest of lines at 10dpo, so don’t give up yet! I read lots of stories of people with BFNs up to beta day and then a low beta that doubled. One of those people was a personal friend of mine. Keeping everything crossed for you!

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque @akak23 - Thanks. It seems like it's not the norm. I'm concerned now because I don't want to be screwed out of money, but part of me feels that I shouldn't think negatively. 
    My clinic is $10K for the egg retrieval & fertilization, $2750 clinic admin fee for PGS ( required and for 1 year for up to 10 embryos), and then $4500 for the first frozen embryo transfer, $2500 for the second (if the first one fails) and then every transfer after that is free for a year until I get pregnant. BUT if I don't have any embryos that make to 5 day blast OR pass PGS testing, then I don't get $4500 refunded or transferred. To me, if nothing passes 5 day blast or PGS testing then technically the transfer didn't fail and I shouldn't pay the $4500.  Meds are separate. Actually, each price above is a separate contract, so technically I don't know how they are able to not refund you, unless that's a part of the whole unlimited transfer, and that's how they are justifying it. I didn't even think about that until just now. 
  • @lemondrop1976 I'm praying for you! Hopefully you are one of those with low betas in the beginning I agree with others it can happen :)

@31Magnolia It sounds like you clinic is doing a shared risk plan....I've hear that term used with some clinics where you share the risk of cost and it working/not working. My clinic doesn't charge for frozen unless you need it. I've never had any left to freeze. Both cycles we had two good blasts on day 5 and opted for fresh transfers.
  • We had our 6 week US today, details in the spoiler 

the nurse saw TWO strong heartbeats. We were pretty overwhelmed at first, but now that the shock is over I’m starting to feel excited. I’m going to move over to the PAIF board and keep my fx for more successes on this board!

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque congratulations! My husband was really hoping for two heartbeats at ours I was terrified LOL My mom is a twin and his father is a twin. Our grandparents actually said the twins were easier as they kept each other company etc. Congrats again and good luck!

I have my 8w ultrasound tomorrow and I'll be 8w3d. It will be my last with my RE and I'm getting transferred to my OBGYN and I feel just as nervous for tomorrow is I did for the 6 week!
  • well, I wish I had better news. I'm miscarrying again. RE said heart must have just stopped as the fetus measured on target to the day. I guess God has different plans for us. I want to wish you ladies good luck!
  • akak23akak23 member
    @prepfamily I am heartbroken for you. This process takes so much time and emotional energy and commitment, you are amazing for going through all of this, it’s not easy at all. Thank you for the well wishes, I certainly need them. Xo
  • @prepfamily i am so sorry this is happening again and after the Dr was so sure this one would make it, what a rollercoaster :( 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • thank you ladies, your kindness means a lot. I have friends that I can chat with but none of them really understand. Almost all of them have experienced a miscarriage but not this process. I think I feel the saddest for my DH. I don't think I mentioned before but I have an almost 20 year old daughter. I've experienced motherhood but she was in high school when I found my husband. I had her in high school and waited to have more until I graduated college and advanced in my career and found the right man to do it with. kind of ironic that I finally found him and we can't have children. He does not want to use donor sperm or adopt. So I guess she will get to continue to be spoiled as our only child