August 2019 Moms

Weekly Bitchfest 6/10

13»

Re: Weekly Bitchfest 6/10

• @mamak225 sorry work has been so stressful. I hope they do see all the work you have put in.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Same @wasbash15, same. I was having a heated'ish lunch in the cafeteria with colleagues from a different dept and they were asking who would be doing my stuff while I'm out and I gave the most immediate, honest response of "IDGAF" ... because at this point, that's how I feel. Let THEM figure it out. AND realize exactly how much crap I do on the regular, PLUS the over-and-above mindreading I do to provide things before they're even asked. Whatevs. I'm over it. Also, clearly still bitching :D 
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Loading the player...
  • @heml we do have someone coming on Friday to clean but we just bought this house a year ago and did so much work but the basement is partially done and if it rains that’s where the kids will wind up so I want it to be organized so nobody gets hurt. He has power tools in a room without a door so if he could just organize I’d feel better. I also canceled some things this week to make room for the wake. I do need to learn to say no though! 

@MamaK225 prayers to you! I hear the same thing that I’m ‘always yelling’.. hello.. if you helped maybe that wouldn’t be the case? And when do I yell? I have a strict rule of no fighting in front of the kids. We have cell phones if I’m mad you’ll get a text and same goes for him. I think it prevents things from blowing up. If we get time to ourselves we talk in person but after the anger has settled. Just help me dammit! 
  • @MamaK225 Iam on the same page as you. I really don't give a FF on who takes over my workload when I am gone. Also, whenever any of my coworkers bring up my upcoming "vacation", I just stare at them for a few seconds and ask "Do you want to switch places with me?" I mean, seriously!!
  • emqbeeemqbee member
    @mamamias vacation?! That’s seriously what people have said to you?!
  • @emqbee I've had people call it vacation also... while I'm not at work, it is not a vacation!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Sometimes I greatly dislike being a board member of a non profit.  We had our monthly meeting recently. There was a discussion regarding a new videographer that was offering a production of your participation.  We have several photographers but an actual video rubbed a few people the wrong way. Not to any extreme, its just that none of us knew this videographer even if he was friends with several members. Generally the photographers will introduce themselves to the committee members running the event but he did not.  So we discussed it at the meeting. Legally we can't do anything and that isn't what we want. It was a simple discussion to request an introduction to help promote the service.  

Well so ensued the game of telephone that we all love. Our board members received quite the letter threatening to revoke all support of the club, saying we are alienating our best professional advocates, and all kinds of words. Based off something that someone said to them that was completely false.  

Why this knee jerk reaction was so fierce is beyond me but a little open dialogue is always a good idea. Instead of believing what one person says over the entire club board.  

• WOW @agpandme. Also, very strange of the videographer - in all my experiences of professional/event photography (I'm not a photographer, I've just been coordinated and been to many events), they ALWAYS make an effort to do a quick Introduction before the event ... and usually provide an overview of how everything is going to go/what is preferred as far as subject-matter, etc.

YES @mamamias and @wabash15. Now, no one has actually *used* the words "vacation" to or around me at work, mostly because I've got perpetual RBF and have a bit of a reputation of calling people out on their insensitivities and/or wrongness. Fun fact: the man who is my superior in my group (though not my supervisor or supervisor's boss - there's an odd dotted-line there) has initiated a conversation with my husband (who is high-up in HR, btw  :# ) to ask when/how long I plan on being out *before* maternity leave. First of all, is that a thing? I thought you "go out" either when you randomly go into labor or - if scheduled - you take just a day or two to be able to finalize whatever or relax. Secondly, how in the f@cking Patriarchy do you think it's ok to ask these questions to my husband? And with him BEING in HR, to boot?? Hello: HIPAA. Thirdly, I have a sneaking suspicion that it is because of the reasons listed at the beginning of this paragraph. And if that's the case (and you expect that kind of response/reaction from me), then WHY ARE YOU ASKING THE QUESTION AT ALL?

Now ... I'mma go eat my vanilla pudding and settle down :) 
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• @MamaK225  I have heard of some women going out 1-3 weeks before to have some "rest time" before the baby comes... but for me that would take away from time with the baby so I plan to work up until I go into labor. also WTF to that guy... 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @mamak225, over here it is mandatory to begin maternity leave 4 weeks before your due date. You can choose 4-6 weeks before but 4 is the max you can work before your due date. But regardless. Still not a vacation! 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• @mamak225 I went to a retirement party for a close co-worker yesterday (on my day off, lol) and several people from different departments asked if I was already on maternity leave... ummmm... I hope not?? Unless some crazy shit goes down this weekend I’ll be back Monday!

However, I’m contemplating going out a few days before the scheduled date, which we don’t have yet, if I even make it that far. DS1 I took one day off before his scheduled date; DS2 I went into labor (early/light) Sunday and since you can stay in that stage for sometime I went to work Monday until lunch (I couldn’t sit in a chair it hurt so bad), then he was born Tuesday.