August 2019 Moms

Weekly Randoms 6/10

Whatup everyone??  What did you do this weekend? or what are your plans for the week? 

Me 32 <3 H 33
TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

Re: Weekly Randoms 6/10

• We had such a busy weekend and I just want to sleep today...luckily work this morning hasn't been too bad. 

My random question. Has anyone used Mixtiles? We are thinking of getting some photos printed to use a decoration in the nursery and just learned about mix tiles when visiting some friends.Just not sure if they're worth it. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Loading the player...
  • jrm_14jrm_14 member
    @avrilmai Did your busy weekend consist of anything enjoyable??  I have never heard of mixtiles. They seem super convenient. If you end up purchasing any- update us how they are!
  • The grout in my main living areas is driving me crazy. Particularly the kitchen. It's so gross. I want to clean it but scrubbing with a toothbrush at 30w pregnant with some form of respiratory issue doesn't seem like a good idea. But I'm going nuts every time I look at it. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• @purplg8r we have holes in our grout too from when the professional cleaner last did it. Drives me crazy. We have extra matching grout...but...it won't match at all since the current stuff is so bad! 
    DH did pick me up an electric toothbrush and I did a test patch today while I was having a few moments of feeling ok. It worked ok but still not.good enough to match new grout. And my older kid had fun "helping".

• @sourlemon we literally just bought a steam cleaner on Amazon specifically to clean nasty grout that scrubbing didn't help (the people that we bought the house from were GROSS). It worked so well! I wish we would've purchased it five months ago when we moved in. 

In the picture the grout on top was steam cleaned and the grout on the bottom was untouched  :s . If you can budget it in I highly recommend it! Super easy to use 30 weeks pregnant! 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C44DM6D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_EXZ.CbQECH81A

• @sourlemon, I stare at the baseboards in our apartment and all I want to do is scrub it. I probably will if I can reach one weekend when I'm not busy. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• ElcaBElcaB member
    @Beauxbaton a chiropractor sounds like bliss right now. My midwife suggested I see one because of the pain I've been having in my back and hips, but she also said it's common to need to keep going back since things slip out of place so easily in this stage of pregnancy. Also, I agree that it seems weird to being anti-vax when treating children.
    I am just DONE with people this week. H is acting like a lunatic and I am seriously considering telling him to just not be home tonight so I don't have to be around him. He's super stressed out and I feel like I'm walking on eggshells --- meanwhile, I have a lot on my own plate and am barely keeping it together. A very strong vodka tonic sounds freaking fabulous.
  • @ElcaB I’ve been seeing a chiro since 25ish weeks and it has been amazing for my hip and back pain! 

@Beauxbaton I totally agree with the issue of anti-vaxxers treating kids. 

DH’s birthday was Saturday and we spent the weekend camping, fishing, shooting, etc. Now everyone is back to work/school and I’m home with two toddlers trying to catch up on laundry and cleaning on a rainy Tuesday. Ugh. 
  • @ElcaB the first two weeks with this chiro she says go twice a week then after that it's once a week or less, just whenever I feel I need it. Some chiros want to do like a 6 week treatment plan where you go 2-4 days a week and that's so u feasible for most people's schedules.
  • @peachy0709 that is a heck of a day. I hope you don't keep having BG rollercoasters!

+1 to loving the chiropractor. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• emqbeeemqbee member
    @mrosek91 I feel you girl...but you know the sleep just isn’t as good without the fan....
  • @mrosek91 even in the dead of winter i need my fan on! 
  • @mrosek91 Legit debated waking up DH last night to turn the fan up or see if I could hold out until I had to pee again. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Question, for those that have an extra freezer, what do you prefer - a freezer chest or a full size upright?
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @EmilyA724 we have a chest freezer, and it works well but stuff gets buried and you have to take out a ton of stuff to get to the things on the bottom.... I might opt for a stand up next time, but the chest one works well in the space available in the garage.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• emqbeeemqbee member
    @EmilyA724 upright for the sake of finding things. That said, I’ve never had a chest type but I can remember it being difficult to find things in the ones my grandma had. 
  • @emilya724 we have a chest freezer because I read that they are better in garages due to their cooling element being on the bottom as opposed to the back. We have had both stand up and chest freezers. Chest freezers also tend to be more affordable.
  • @EmilyA724 - we have both (not sure if I should be embarrassed or proud??) and I prefer the upright to find things easier. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • @EmilyA724 we have a very deep chest freezer (in Dhs terms "you could fit like 7 bodies in there"). It is great for storage but a nightmare for finding things. I would go with an upright. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• another vote for upright freezers. I love ours. My grandma had a chest freezer and after she died we found stuff in there from when she first moved here...she was never able to clean it out all the way so just left the stuff at the bottom as "supports" for what she needed to reach.

• aecmaecm member
    @EmilyA724 - our kitchen freezer is “drawer style” below our fridge but our basement fridge/freezer is upright. Clearly I use the one in the kitchen more, but I much prefer the upright one in the basement. 

Also - if you’re planning to BF...I also preferred storing milk in the upright freezer. It was just so much easier to find the oldest bag in the quantity I wanted. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Our chest freezer isn't super big. Mostly it holds frozen pizzas, frozen meals, and ice cream. Then we move things from out there into the drawer freezer inside when we need it.
  • Thank you, everyone!! My fear with the chest was finding things. We used to have a mini-freezer that looked like a mini-fridge but it would freeze over so much and constantly needed to be defrosted and DH is nervous about an upright doing that, but I feel like full-size ones wouldn't do that as much.
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @EmilyA724 we have had 2 uprights and I'm not sure they ever froze over. Neither has the chest freezer.
  • @EmilyA724 we have had 2 uprights and I'm not sure they ever froze over. Neither has the chest freezer.
  • MamaK225MamaK225 member
    edited June 2019
    @EmilyA724 - We have a deep freeze chest AND an "old school" spare fridge out in the garage. If you're planning on storing breastmilk in there, you can purchase storage "organizers" that may make it more plausible to use the chest instead of the more-expensive upright. I used these with DD1 (https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00CXGYM76/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_TQvaDbV9HX6ZW) and had 3 in the deep freeze at any given time, I would use the left-most organizer first, then scoot the other one over and move the empty one to the far right to start filling with "fresh" milk ... it's a little work to get in the rhythm, but not too hard to do.

ETA: The thing I liked best about the Kiinde storage system is the bags were super reasonable, easy to clean, AND work fabulously for purees and applesauce later in life. The only downside is the bags aren't the most reliable in measuring of ounces (since they're pliable/flexible) so I would always measure in a reliable container first THEN put # oz on the outside (i.e. "2" or "4" etc) with the date/time and any other information (they're also REALLY easy to write on/read).
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• emqbeeemqbee member
    edited June 2019
    Yay!!!! @thirdtimesacharm2019 I know that was refreshing! You deserved something like that after all the others you’ve endured ☺️