July 2019 Moms

Check-In w/o 6/9 (All Weeks!)

2»

Re: Check-In w/o 6/9 (All Weeks!)

• @samanthak46 yes, both ds1 and this one had large head measurements.  Ds1’s head got stuck during labor and I ended up with a csection.  I was told that is very likely to happen again if I would try for a vbac. 
  • thanks for the info @mama_bear19 and @Happyin14 ! The tech was like oh wow his head is huge, good luck with that so naturally I'm over here  :o
  • Loading the player...
  • CbeanzCbeanz member
    @pizzaplz I was also GBS + for one of my deliveries. I was under the impression that after the first bag of iv antibiotics they'd disconnect me and I'd be "free". But this was not the case. They continued the IV until the baby was born. I really didn't want to have an IV. It prevented me from using any water therapy at this particular hospital (no shower or bath). I'm actually using a different hospital altogether this time bc I want water therapy, GBS+ or not.
  • @expatmom39 DD never had any diaper leaks in the crib or bassinet...Hopefully this one will be the same. I definitely don't want poop mesh:/
  • @pizzaplz YOU’RE INDUCING THURSDAY!
    🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉👶🏻

Keep us posted!! Good luck!! 🍀😄🍀
    I think I’ll be getting induced, too...it’s somehow crazy to know it’s scheduled, yet you know when you’re meeting baby! Exciting! ❤️
  • @Cbeanz that's good to know, thanks for sharing your experience. I was also hoping I'd get to use the shower or bath during the early labor stages. I'll ask anyway, but this helps me prepare mentally for a "no" answer. I'm not excited about the IV at all, but I also want a healthy baby, so...

@expatmom39 I knowwwww!!!! Thanks! I'm vacillating between wildly excited and wildly panicked, haha. Today is my last day of work and I can hardly believe it. I'll be sure to check back in with updates. 😉
  • CbeanzCbeanz member
    @pizzaplz it's not necessarily one or the other. Ask for a nurse who will let you in the shower with an IV. They can wrap it up with plastic or you can just keep your arm out of the water. In my case I was too late to get it wrapped up or switch nurses to one who allowed it.
  • @Cbeanz @pizzaplz I got the phone call today telling me that I am GBS+. I'm glad to see this conversation. I was also hoping to use the shower or hydro tub for a while. Does this change how early I will need to go to the hospital? My next OB appt is on Thursday so I'll be asking my Dr these and many more questions too. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 36 wks 7/9

Baby is the size of a(n): just huge. I had a growth US this morning, waiting on my docs estimate 

Team: greeeeeeeennnnn 

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow for the usual, Friday for acupuncture 

How are you feeling?: so very over it and also so very underprepared   

Rants/Raves:  I have a work-ish friend who’s insisting on throwing a shower- I do feel odd about this one and asking work people to come to one for a second kid, but whatever she wouldn’t let it go - it was set for this Saturday. This week she’s like- July 15th, right? 😬😳  I tried to get her to drop the whole thing but now we’re doing it on the 29th - I should just buy my last registry needs and just count on this thing flopping, right? 

Questions:  anyone encapsulating placenta? 

GTKY:  What is one major celebration/indulgence (food/drink/activity/etc.) you are planning once baby is out?  I’m a bad pregnant lady, and sober anyway, so my biggest excitement will be stomach sleeping and a long walk without back pain. Oh! And ditching these stupid compression stockings. 

• @mamanbebe I’ve been doing acupuncture for weeks now for back pain- it’s been a good send. Over the next couple weeks we’re going to be adding in some labor prep points. The back pain has been so much better, I figure what’s the worst that can happen?? 
  • GBS+ ladies, I was for my first. They hooked up the IV for antibiotics and wanted to just leave it. I fought with them a bit and told them no and they adjusted. They’ll leave the little thing in, but can unhook the tubes so you are free to move around, etc.  Def talk to your OB and advocate to have it in your chart. But it’s things like this that are helped by a birth plan. As long as it’s not against hospital policy.... 
  • @keebler6elf it kinda does change when you go to the hospital... you need to get there in time to get two rounds of antibiotics...so you don’t want to labor at home for too long. I was GBS+ with my second... we also had to stay an extra day (I think 3 days), but not sure if that’s standard everywhere. 

• Oh right! You do have to go earlier, I forgot about that! Sorry... 
  • CbeanzCbeanz member
    +1 to what they said ^^, and if you don't get the full dose before birth, I think they need to keep your baby longer for more testing to make sure there's no infection.  Having an IV doesn't mean you're confined to a bed.  You can pull that damn pole around with you and walk the halls, etc. it's just inconvenient.
  • @erynpdx Whaaat? I love my toe-suffocating old lady thigh highs! 😂 They should come in fashion prints! Cheetah!! 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 31 / 33 weeks today

Baby is the size of a(n): small chihuahua

Team: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: Regular OB next week & Lamaze classes started. This week "we" learned how to give me a massage during labor to help with the pain. Loving this class  :D

How are you feeling?: Frustrated with my lack of ability to do things! Also, super excited that I've started to experience issues sleeping, like everyone else has been talking about.

Rants/Raves:  We are finished moving, but getting rid of some things still. I decided that we need to give away some box springs we barely used, and don't have a reason to hold on to. DH wanted me to post them for $$, but I said screw that, if someone will take them away, its good enough! I'd rather not fill up the landfill with almost new, useful items. SIL responded rather quickly that she wants them. Great! Except that SIL and BIL are good for nothing, and if I say yes to them, I've roped DH into loading the box springs into his truck, driving them to the other side of town, unloading them, and having to interact with a brother he'd rather pretend doesn't exist. I wouldn't mind doing it myself, but can't in my current state. He's going to be so mad at me. Ug.

Questions: Why did you pick the brand of bottles/nipples you chose?

GTKY:  Before we told anyone we were pregnant, we went to a beer release 2 hours away, stood in line for hours, and spent too much money on my absolute favorite beer. Its been waiting for me in the closet, and I cannot wait to indulge! Little worried about the lack of tolerance post-baby that every is telling me about. Its a barrel aged stout, meaning high alcohol content... and only in bombers, so a lot to drink. I might have to wait a few extra months, but I'm already prepared with alcohol test strips for breast milk.

• hakelehakele member
    @fromcatstokids I went with the nanobebe bottles because they are breastfeeding friendly bottles. So you can pump directly to the bottle. They are also designed to be stacked in the fridge (which is crucial for us!) and they are designed to cool quickly and warm up quickly because of a distributed surface area.  They are also designed to be incredibly easy to clean. They come apart completely. And mimic a boob. My husband thinks they are hilarious. 

• @fromcatstokids I like bottles with sleeve inserts. DD loved the Playtext drop in bottles (which we will go back to if the ones I bought this time don't work) but I picked up a few Nursh bottles this time around and a Como Tomo to try out since I've read good things and hopefully we will only need them for supplementing again. Also I've heard good things about their BF compatibility. Who knows. It's all a crap shoot anyways until you see what baby actually likes.
  • @Panaceia we bought the como tomo this time around too to try. We tried a couple bottlea last time with my daughter, but ended up exclusively using Dr. Brown's with her. We got some Dr. Brown's in again but they are longer bottles compared to what we had with her so we shall see! I just remember the Avent ones we got from the registry welcome boxes the nipple always caved in with her.
  • @BeatboxBaby I'll be interested to see what you think of them! I wasn't a fan 8f the Avent either (I got some for free with DD) or the Born Free ones. I'm hoping this one works well. If nothing else it's super cool anyways and I'm sure my 5 year old will coopt it for her baby dolls if baby doesn't like it:)
  • @mamanbebe I hope your Tuesday appointment went well!!

@Panaceia Glad you told that lady what was up. 

@vanillalatte89 My DH is in the same boat. He was drunk by the end of our diaper party, and kept telling me his terrible pick up lines, trying to get some action. 

@blackhottamales I'm 33W today, and no car seat installed yet. Probably will do it around 37 weeks. Plan is to go to the fire department for checking.

@kingdommom I don't even own a diaper bag yet. I feel like I'm behind!! Planning to pack our go bags around 37 weeks.

@pizzaplz So exciting!! You've got this!
  • CbeanzCbeanz member
    @fromcatstokids We've used Evenflo glass bottles bc I wanted to be able to wash them in the dishwasher. And they are compatible with the Medela pumps (I use the Medela Harmony almost exclusively until I go back to work - then switch to a double electric).
  • We used comotomo with our first and am using them again. I like that they're silicone and not plastic and the wide bases nipple apparently helps avoid nipple confusion. They were recommended by my OT cousin and we really liked them.
  • @mnkenned Oh Yay!  I'm glad to hear a recommendation for these! They sounded great when I read about them. I'm excited to try they out.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 12 36 +2

Baby is the size of a(n): hand as big as a domino

Team: pink

Upcoming Appointments: Monday morning is our first cervical check

How are you feeling?: Nesting is kicking in hard! I have a to do list that I keep adding to faster than I can check off and the anxiety over baby arriving soon is making it hard to sleep, along with all the heartburn and baby being so low I have to pee all the time but the bonus is I can breath again

Rants/Raves:  baby shower with my coworkers tomorrow and I'm really nervous only like 2 people will show and it's going to be horribly awkward! It's scheduled from 12-4 and that's just insanely way to long! I'd rather stay home and nap. Hoping it goes better than I'm imagining

Questions: none

GTKY:   Sleeping on my back and belly! Not that I'll be able to sleep with a newborn and 2 year old around but at least laying comfortably! Also I just want a sandwich that doesn't need to be heated up! I hate having to get my deli meat toasted!

• @erynpdx how did your baby shower with your coworkers turn out?