December 2019 Moms

Group 3 Check in (12/17-12-24) w/o 6/10

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Whats your favorite family tradition?

Re: Group 3 Check in (12/17-12-24) w/o 6/10

• Est Due Date/Weeks + Days:  12 w 2 d Due 12/22

Baby is the size of a(n): plum I believe

Upcoming Appointments: none until next month. 

How are you feeling?: it varies day to day.  Either energetic or incredibly nauseous.

Rants/Raves:   I have a lupus like autoimmune disease.  My rheumatologist said I would most likely go into remission during pregnancy, which I have, and for the first time in 6 years my malar rash is clearing up!  Also, we should be getting NIPT results today!  And I overdid it yesterday, so I called out of work and am enjoying my day.

Questions:  none 

GTKY: Whats your favorite family tradition?  Why does my mind always go blank when it comes to these questions?   I probably enjoy others more, but it just happened this week, so... all of dh’s extended family gets together at his grandma’s house each year for he carnival parade and then we all go to the carnival.  The kids always love it!
  • Loading the player...
  • @holly321  I am right with you on feeling so energetic, or sooooo nauseous. I swear after 4pm every day I cannot stomach anything! Enjoy your day off!!! And that is soo good to hear about the clearing up! :-) 
  • ninrmsninrms member
    @ktmaesim This is my first also, and I don't think I look very pregnant at all lol, just a bit chubbier than normal. I already had some pudge around my stomach, and now I feel like I'm sooo bloated (scale says I've only gained a pound...), so my stomach is sticking out, but not in a cute "pregnant" way, lol.  :# Not sure I really "feel" pregnant either, other than the sore boobs and (thank god, now lessening) nausea. 

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/24, 11w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): Well, could fit on a Reese's cup. :D 

Upcoming Appointments: None for another month!

How are you feeling?: I feel SO much better now! School ended a week ago, and I feel like I was on a massive "come-down" physically and emotionally from that. Finally feeling a bit caught up. I can finally feel mood swings creeping up, too...just in time for me to go spend two weeks with my out-of-state family! (Mom, stepdad, grandma, 4 sisters who are still school-age...)

Rants/Raves: Rant--we aren't telling people for another MONTH (my choice, good reason), and it's going to KILL ME! 

Questions: 

GTKY: Whats your favorite family tradition? Oh, I have so many! DH and I don't have any that are just ours (that I can think of), but I have several with my mom's family that DH is now a part of. I'll go with the one that's coming up soonest--my parents, sisters, uncles, aunts, cousins, DH and I all get together at my grandma's TINY lake cottage for the fourth of July week. It's a small old cabin my grandma grew up in, and we all crowd in there (and drive each other crazy!) and play games and hang out on the lake and it's just a lot of fun. :)
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/17 12w7d

Baby is the size of a(n): plum - but almost a lemon (13 weeks tomorrow and yay to last week of 1st tri!)

Upcoming Appointments: 6/26

How are you feeling?: My back is killing me and I’m sleeping like crap, need to sort out my pillow situation. Besides that energy is back up (I can stay up late!) and I think nausea is on it’s way out!

Rants/Raves: Rave: broke down and bought 2 pair of maternity work pants. Wearing one today and ahhhh man did I miss pants. Next up I need to replace a few sports bras b/c holy boobs, and invest in a pair of jeans. 

Questions: none at the moment. 

GTKY: Whats your favorite family tradition? Oh hm, I feel like we don’t really have any hard and fast traditions on either side. I guess I would say with my family we are more about experiences vs tangible gifts. A lot of times concerts together as a family. 
  • @ninrms  yes I am in the same boat I feel like I just look chubbier and ive always had this stupid inner-tube stomach situation going on...lol! so now that inner-tube is just bigger lol
  • @ktmaesim I feel like I look much more pregnant than I should, but this is my third,  plus I have had other pregnancies.  Sometimes I feel like I just look chubbier, so I accentuate my belly with the right shirts to try to look pregnant.

@anniemarie887 where did you find maternity work pants?  I am having a hard time finding anything besides jeans and leggings.  I have been wearing my maternity work pants from when I was pregnant with my oldest and they are so not in style.
  • @anniemarie887 I love the experiences vs tangible gifts! We've started doing this and I feel like it makes more memories than something that may or may not be liked. 

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/18 12w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): plum

Upcoming Appointments: 6/25 I also scheduled our anatomy scan for 7/17!!

How are you feeling?: Well, I strained my pelvis so that's been fun. I start PT for it on Friday. Sleeping is already getting hard and I feel like an 80 yr old, but it's all due to my pelvis so I'm REALLY hoping the PT helps otherwise this will be a long pregnancy. Also, I looked in the mirror this morning and apparently my boobs have gotten huge! 

Rants/Raves: Rave: my MIL called last night and finally acknowledged I'm pregnant and asked how far along I am. After we got off the phone I told my husband I'm pretty sure 1 of 2 things happened; either my SIL talked to her about it, or she talked to her bestie who is super excited for us so now she feels like she can be excited. We're close with her bestie, she lives in the same town as us which is across the country from my in-laws, she treats our daughter like a grand-daughter, and her daughter is also due in December! 

Rant: my pelvis hurts so bad. It wasn't until yesterday that my husband finally acknowledged that I was in actual pain and it took me sitting on ice packs for him to figure it out. Yes, I know I'm still in the first trimester (for a few more days) but that doesn't mean I can't get injured this early! 

Questions: none at the moment. 

GTKY: Whats your favorite family tradition? we have two Christmas traditions that I love. Christmas Eve dinner we do a vegetarian dinner. Usually a nice / fancied up fish, pierogies, and a veggie of some sort. It's a simpler version of what I grew up doing for Christmas Eve and we all enjoy it. Christmas morning we go to church and then when we get home we put homemade cinnamon rolls (made prior) in the oven, we change back into comfy clothes and then open the presents. We've also started doing experiences... last year we went to Vegas after Christmas (pre-planned) and my husband got me and our daughter a joint gift of us all going to see the Wizard of Oz. 
  • anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited June 2019
    @holly321 I bit the bullet on ones from Seraphine. British company that’s all the rage b/c Kate Middleton wears their stuff. They were like $90 a piece, and are thankfully machine washable. I did the slim pants, I’m 5’8” and they are full blown pants, so if you’re shorter I might look at the cropped ones. 

@ashorkey yes, love it!! And see duh to me, you jogged my baby brain by saying a trip. Every year for our anniversary DH and I pick a different state and take a trip. “50 States in 50 Years” - this year will coincide with a baby moon. So I guess I do have a hard and fast tradition after all. 

Edit: spelling 🤦🏻‍♀️

• @anniemarie887 I am 5’9” so I will have to look into them, thanks!  The one pair I did find so far  looks like crop pants on me.  
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12 W 2 D - Due Date 12/21

Baby is the size of a(n): A plum! 

Upcoming Appointments: TBD - need to schedule next visit

How are you feeling?: Still feeling so fatigued! Looking forward to that second trimester where I'll (hopefully) get some of my energy back. 

Rants/Raves: Raving about my tiny bump! I finally broke the news to my office at work and a couple people said they had noticed my bump a week ago but were waiting on me to make the announcement. Makes my pregnancy seem so much more real now that I can physically see it! <3

Questions: Does anyone else struggle with anxiety or stress? I've got a somewhat stressful job and I'm finding that my pregnancy is increasing my anxiety as well. I just got a subscription to Headspace so I can practice some meditation to help combat this. If you have any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

Favorite family tradition is visiting my dad's side of the family on Christmas Eve - my aunt typically hosts at her farmhouse which is full of all kinds of critters like cats, dogs, snakes, turtles, etc. Which makes for an interesting Christmas dinner! This tradition has gone on since I was a young girl and I can't wait to for my baby to join the mix! 
  • @pvvasel we do have a thread on this board for discussion re: depression and anxiety 
  • @holly321 oh then you will love these! Tall girls and maternity is a whole new issue. 
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days:  due date is 12/18, will be 13 weeks on Wednesday 

Baby is the size of a(n): this app said as tall as a tennis ball today

Upcoming Appointments: Just had my 1st tri apt. Next one isn't until July 2nd. But we did schedule a 3D ultrasound at an independent company for the end of June.

How are you feeling?: Pretty okay. Less morning sickness and food aversion with each day. My energy is still super low. My back aches from my (already ginormous) boobs getting bigger. My ankles are always swollen and I'm usually thirsty. The acne WILL. NOT. GO. AWAY!!!!!

Rants/Raves: Please see above for rants lol. 

Rave - My hubby is finally coming around completely to the idea of baby girl. He was very nervous and worried about the financial strain. But he is being amazing. Taking care of me and spoiling me even more than he normally does. He has even started lovingly touch my baby bump when he thinks he is being inconspicuous. 

I honestly cannot imagine doing this without him. He is my rock, my best friend and the only person on the planet that makes me be a better person just by being around him.

Questions: When I sneeze I swear I get a sharp pain in my womb. Any other allergy sufferers experiencing the same thing?

Hmmmm I guess mine are all cute little ones surrounding Christmas. My aunt TJ would always buy us pj's we would get to wear all day if we wanted. We couldn't wake our parents up before 7am but we were allowed to get into our stockings before they got up. I loved that and think I will keep it for my daughter. 

When I got together with my husband's family for the first Christmas, they introduced me to the best adult Christmas tradition. We do mimosas and cinnamon rolls Christmas morning!
  • @ktmaesim - My body started changing immediately. I can't blame it on weight gain because I've only gained 2lbs. I was in maternity pants by 8 weeks & a maternity bra by 10 weeks.

It feels weird to be showing early. It all went to my belly immediately. Nothing else (except boobs) is bigger.
  • @mrszoobear  you writing about your husband is soooo adorable! I'm happy for you. 
  • @mrszoobear and I have pain every time I sneeze or say anything loud lol it’s been since I was about 4-5 weeks now 
  • Hello!

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: dec 21, 12w 5d

Baby is the size of a(n): plum

Upcoming Appointments: just had my NT ultrasound and all good. Next appointment in 4 weeks

How are you feeling?: much better! Fingers crossed for no more nausea

Rants/Raves: anxiously awaiting results of my cell-free dna test 🤞. Excited to see my sister this weekend! 

Questions: how long did it take for everyone to get NIPT results back? I used the natera panorama if anyone else did.

GTKY: What’s your favorite family tradition? We spend every thanksgiving at my great-grandmother’s cabin in South Georgia with 50+ family members. Contemplating if I should risk it and go this year since I will be 37 weeks and it is a 3 hr drive from the hospital I will be delivering at...

• @brttny7979 my panorama results took a full week. 
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/23, 12w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): plum/rubicks cube (sometimes the sizes don’t seem to match the daily fact on this app 🤔)

Upcoming Appointments: just had one 6/11. Everything looked good! They drew some labs but that appt was so much information overload that I don’t know what labs they were...hoping it was the panorama or NIPT but will have to call in the morning to ask. Next appt scheduled for 7/8.

How are you feeling?: Good! No complaints. 

Rants/Raves: raves- my MD told me I could still have my steaks cooked medium which MADE MY DAY. Well-done/gray meat makes me gag 🤢. Also, since the appt went well on Tuesday, I’m telling my boss that we’re pregnant tomorrow morning! It’s been so hard keeping it from my coworkers so I’ll be glad to finally have it out in the open! After I tell my boss, we’re going to post our announcement on social media so I’m pretty excited about that too. Last rave- thankful for friends who have handed me down SO many maternity clothes. I’m sure I’ll still end up buying some stuff new, but I already have a great start on the essentials thanks to them. 

Rants- I’m getting impatient and want a Preggo belly!!! But I’m starting to feel some expanding from the inside so I’m hoping I’ll start to show in the next couple weeks.

Questions: none right now!

GTKY: Whats your favorite family tradition? Favorite childhood tradition was probably going to Christmas Eve service, coming home to sprinkle reindeer dust (oatmeal and glitter) on the snow so they could find our house 😂, and opening one present. Then waking up for a pancake breakfast! I hope to create something like that for our kids. Current favorite tradition is the annual family beach trip with my husband and in-laws.
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/22, 12w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): A kit kat!

Upcoming Appointments: Monday the 17th for an ultrasound and to see my doctor. Will be asking him for a doula recommendation (would want to have one that works well with our Dr) and a pediatrician recommendation (we have to pre-register at our delivery hospital in the next 7 weeks and need a pediatrician before doing that. We're also new to the area and don't know many people to ask about it).

How are you feeling?: I feel physically better - nausea and food aversion is gone, which is great. Mentally, I feel a little overwhelmed with everything I have to learn/do/buy. I keep reminding myself to just take it one step at a time and that I've got plenty of time to get it all done.

Rants/Raves: Rave - we told people last week and it was SO fun! So many people were so happy and excited for us. After we got the good NIPT results, that made it so  real for us. I've also been able to get a ton of info and gear lists from other friends that have had kids now that everyone knows. Rant - we have to do some major purging of stuff from what will be the future nursery but my fatigue is still around and going strong. Motivation is tough to come by lately! I am heavily relying on my very kind husband to lots of the heavy lifting.

Questions: None for now!

GTKY: What's your favorite family tradition? Mimosas and Kringle (a Danish pastry popular in Wisconsin) on Christmas morning while opening presents. Christmas is obviously going to look pretty different this year with a 12/22 due date, but I think my parents will come out to visit and hopefully they'll bring Kringle and I can have my first mimosa in a looooong time!
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days:
                  13w+2d

Baby is the size of a(n):
                  Can fit on a post it note?

Upcoming Appointments:
                  I had one on Tuesday so July 5th.

How are you feeling?:
                  Super amazing, other than an          occasional cramp and always being tired I wouldn't notice a difference.

Rants/Raves: 
                   Super excited to have seen baby moving around on Tuesday, but I'm nervous about feeling movement. I only felt me sister's stomach once and freaked out for apparently nothing.

Questions: 
                   None.

My high school gal pals and I have a girl's weekend every summer since we've finished high school almost 10 years ago. We are definitely family! :)