G4 Check In (Aug 24-31) - W/O: 06/10

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Boy/Girl/finding out later?

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

Re: G4 Check In (Aug 24-31) - W/O: 06/10

• @Allycat11, are you feeling better? How are you?

@chillycanadian, has the bleeding stopped? How are you doing?? 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 29 weeks

Boy/Girl/finding out later? Boy

Baby is the size of a(n): Pineapple or Cauliflower 

Upcoming Appointments: June 24 for my 31 week check up, growth scan, and to see if my placenta previa has cleared. 

How are you feeling?: Rib pain has been terrible but otherwise pretty decent. 

Rants/Raves: Despite the rainy start to our long weekend trip, the weather was incredible on Sunday and Monday. We had a great time and it was so beautiful to explore The Netherlands.

This week is incredibly busy for us; we have our birthing class tomorrow, our intake interview with our maternity nurse on Wednesday, and a hospital tour on Thursday. I will decide when in labour which hospital/birthing center I want to go too unless I really love one over the other but I want to tour them all. I have a school thing on Friday from 1:30-10 and my friend is going to be here next weekend. So I will try to enjoy the rest of my day as much as possible. We do have to wake up at 3 AM for the basketball game though. 

Questions: When are you all planning to start maternity leave? 

GTKY: If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Hmmm. I could eat bread and cheese every meal, every day and be so content. But would I want that for the rest of my life?! Probably.

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/26, 29weeks

Boy/Girl/finding out later?  Boy

Baby is the size of a(n): acorn squash 

Upcoming Appointments: weekly infusions but Reg appt on Thursday 

How are you feeling?: ribs, man my ribs 

Rants/Raves: 
    Rant: I’m just so sad, MH boss died suddenly from a heart attack on Saturday, he was in his 40s and the nicest man. Leaving his two kids and wife. He complained about heart burn all week so now I’m crazed making an appt for MH to get checked and bought the biggest bottle of bayer. This just hit me so hard. 
    Rave: my baby turns 2 tomorrow. Can’t believe how fast it went but he’s so cute I love the way he says ‘two’ 

Questions: School ends on June 26th for me if this baby doesn’t crack a rib by then @akuzreve

oh anything with cheese, I loveeeee cheese
  • Loading the player...
  • @akuzreve Seems like a good idea to look at all the options in terms of birthing centers/hospitals. I’m glad you had a good weekend trip!  What is the weather like in the Netherlands this time of year? On mat leave -- we get 16 weeks and it’s my goal to work up to as close as I deliver as possible (provided no complicating medical issues). We’ll see how that goes. If I knew exactly when this baby was coming I’d stop working a few days beforehand to just rest and finish getting ready, but I also don’t want to eat into a lot of my mat leave. I hit third tri last week and suddenly am really tired and sore all the time. I also have the kind of job where I need to transition my work to other people proactively, and also probably need to stop taking on certain types of cases relatively soon. At the same time am evaluated by my hours so I’m not sure how that will all work out as the responsible thing for my clients is to transition them and also I’m not sure whether I’ll have enough to do…

@mia8263 I’m so sorry for your loss. That is so scary when young people die out of the blue.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/29 / 28w4d

Boy/Girl/finding out later? Boy

Baby is the size of a(n): Eggplant?

Upcoming Appointments: 6/20 for a growth scan and other routine check stuff.

How are you feeling?: Oof, I’ve been really tired and sore. I took a bath yesterday and it helped a little. I think I need to be more proactive on stretching. I’d love a prenatal massage but can’t find a place around here that has that belly contraption and the lying on my side massage I had didn’t do a whole lot for me. I’m hoping my fatigue and soreness are just because last week was so busy.

Rants/Raves: Raves - passed my glucose test and I’m also not anemic. Also we have workers coming tomorrow to put in our new floors for the nursery and our downstairs bedroom. Rant: I’m so excited about the new floors but the contractor guy has been doing the opposite of every contractor ever and trying to come earlier and earlier. Because we were away and also DH has been studying for an exam we haven’t had a lot of chance to move all the stuff out of the rooms. I worked on it by myself some over the weekend and last night we got more stuff out together, plus DH said he’d do the rest tonight come hell or high water. It’s great to have someone who’s so motivated to do the work but it’s just been bad timing for us.

Questions: Those who have previously survived third tri what are your tips for fatigue and soreness?

GTKY: If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Pizza I think? I know anything would get old though.

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/24 29w2d

Boy/Girl/finding out later? Green til delivery

Baby is the size of a(n): idk but measuring several weeks ahead. 

Upcoming Appointments: regular ob check up this week. 

How are you feeling?: better. I can keep small amounts of food down again so just back to some quesiness and usual pregnancy discomfort. 

Rants/Raves: we located some of the baby things in the garage this weekend! Taking bets on how long til dh brings them in the house. 

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? I have no idea, I get sick of things so easily. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• aecmaecm member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/24, 29+2

Boy/Girl/finding out later? Boys

Baby is the size of a(n): Acorn squashes

Upcoming Appointments: Planning to do my 3 hour glucose test on Wednesday (6/12)

How are you feeling?: Not bad, actually. I figured that by this point I would be totally miserable, so I’m pleasantly surprised that my symptoms aren’t as bad as I expected.

Rants/Raves: 
    Rant - DD has been doing great with potty training EXCEPT she refuses to go anywhere but at home. She usually holds it til we get home, so whatever, but she clearly had to go while we were at a play date this morning....and the way she was melting down on the toilet would make you think I was torturing the kid. So we had to pack up and go home (which was like 5mins away, and we were going to leave soon anyway...but still). So I’m frustrated. Plus, she had been in a good mood but the potty-tantrum seemed to set off a torrent of bad behavior, so I’m just over her at the moment.
    Rave - I got the crib delivery scheduled. Feeing good about making some progress on the nursery.  

GTKY: If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Can I just choose the general category of “pasta?”

@zamora_spin - Warm baths most evenings for the joint pain, naps when you can swing them for the fatigue, and lots of complaining. Also - I enjoy watching videos of hippos because by late third tri they look very relatable. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 29w + 2 d

Boy/Girl/finding out later? Boy

Baby is the size of a(n): Acorn Squash

Upcoming Appointments: Had my three hour today.  I failed miserably. They sent me home after the one hour because the number was so high (well...correction - the number was so high they said, we're not going to test you anymore, but you should be careful driving home). 

How are you feeling?: I actually felt pretty good because I had already eaten pretty low cab this pregnancy because I had some inklings I would have GD again.  It's very annoying, however, as the three hour test really messed me up. 

Rants/Raves: I'm actually getting really antsy because we have not done enough given that the baby will be here in 10 weeks.  We don't even have a single bottle in the house. 

Questions: I know I've hinted at this before to the group, but is anyone else considering this being their last child? If so, will you take precautionary methods? Highly personal, but what are your family planning plans? 

GTKY: If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?: I'm a glutton for really rich, fatty things that usually gross people out, so my answer for a last meal is different than my one meal for life.  I guess my one meal for life would be a really fancy cheese and charcuterie plate. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • aecmaecm member
    @peachy0709 - We’re probably done after this. I’m not 100% sure yet - I want to wait until seeing what being a family with three kids feels like before making a final decision. (Side note: if you had told me when I was pregnant with DD that a few years later I would even contemplate 4 kids, I would have laughed in your face). 

So to answer your question - I think I’ll send DH for a vasectomy. I mentioned it to him once earlier in this pregnancy and it didn’t go over fantastic...but it seems like the most reasonable option for us. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @AKuzReve you are SO sweet. Thank you for checking in. So far so good...no bleeding since the hospital. And no spotting since that night. I'm still paranoid. But hopeful.
    I've got my fingers crossed for you for the previa to have cleared up! 
    It's really neat that you can decide the day of, where to deliver!
    As for mat leave....I'm planning on trying to stay on as close to delivery as possible. I'll probably request vacation for a couple days before due date, and then start mat leave on the due date (since we have to give 4 weeks notice. Barring unexpected early delivery).

@mia8263 I'm SO sorry to hear about your boss! He was so young! How tragic :(

@zamora_spin I agree, side lying massage seems so pointless (which is also what my close friend who is a massage therapist said). I hope you can find one that offers the bolsters! And congrats on the great test results!!

@Allycat11 I'm glad you're feeling at least a bit better!

@aecm fingers crossed for your 3 hour to go well! Kids are so fascinating....I wonder why she won't go anywhere but home. She must have some sort of child logic. I can only imagine how difficult that would be for you.
    Also, I'm with you on the pasta! Good call.  😂

@peachy0709 oh wow. I'm sorry about the glucose test. How frustrating and disappointing. And ..scary that they warned you about driving. I hope you're feeling ok.
    Regarding not being ready...if it makes you feel at all better, I've got pretty much nothing ready. Seeing as we are moving in 2 weeks....I don't have any baby stuff. Or a nursery. Or....anything. I'm trying not to panic.
    As for your question...I would happily answer, but I'm a FTM so it doesn't really apply....I'm hoping for more.
  • @peachy0709 this our 3rd and last. Physically and mentally I just can’t do this again. It’s cute feeling the baby move and I know how blessed I am to be able to do this but I am in so much pain and so tired 3 is enough. MH is gonna get the procedure to ensure no more. 
  • @peachy0709 the decision to be done has been a hard one for me. We knew I would have trouble getting pregnant so our entire marriage we have been trying to get/stay pregnant and raising babies/toddlers. The practical side of me knows that a 4th would stretch us too thin emotionally and financially and our house would be less comfortable. I knew I always wanted more than 2 and this one will put us at 3. Mentally I really should not put my body and mind through the TTC process and risk of more losses again. So...it has been a huge internal struggle. The fact this has been a rough pregnancy has been a blessing in disguise. I have been nauseous every day for months, everything hurts, I can't keep up with my kids, baby is meausing far enough ahead to increase some potential risks, for the first time I have had GD and anemia, my daily heartburn is getting unbearable...it just feels like my body is saying it can't do this anymore. DH will get a vasectomy sometime within the next year. Odds are we won't prevent until then. Ive always EBF with no period until 9-10 months and my body does not get pregnant easily at all so we will take the risk. 

Sorry for that novel but it has been a big struggle for me. I have talked to some close friends about it and it is interesting to hear the different perspectives. Some of my friends were easily able to close that chapter and say, "Yep we knew we were done at X number". Others have talked about waiverinf back and forth about whether or not they were truly done. One of my friends thought she was good with 2 but when her youngest started kindergarten she realized she was not done and has now had 2 more. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• @AKuzReve I am planning on working until the baby shows up. With both my boys I was experiencing something that I wasn't sure was BH or early labor, and just worked from home. Called my doula when I shut down at 5, and turns out yep, I was in labor. For me personally I needed the distraction. I'm a planner so having this huge life event that could happen at any moment, and having no control was difficult. Working helped me think of other things. 
    @peachy0709 this is our third, and we have no intention of stopping yet. Neither of us are willing to put a number on it, we just say we'll keep going until we feel done. Although, I keep joking we'll keep going until we have a girl or hit six whichever comes first. A lot of that is culture though. We are both from big families, and most of our friends have a lot of kids.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/24, 29+2

Boy/Girl/finding out later? Boy!

Baby is the size of a(n): acorn squash

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow with endocrinologist to review thyroid levels. And then an US and check up next Tuesday.

How are you feeling?: ok, tired. Just finishing a holiday after a fake vacation, so I took off tomorrow too to recover. We'll see how I really feel once routine starts up again.

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? I was thinking Mac and cheese, but decided to go with pizza, that way you still have variety in the toppings.
  • @aecm @mia8263 @Allycat11 @mrosek91 - I really enjoy hearing everyone's perspectives, thanks for sharing.  It's interesting that it has been such a struggle for me - I come from a small family, so I don't know that I was initially planning on having a large family.  That said, now knowing that we are both carriers of a genetic disease and the fact that I would have GD a 3rd time with another baby AND another c-section.... I think those are reasons enough to be done, but something in my heart isn't there yet. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• @zamora_spin, the weather is so unpredictable. 2 weekends ago, it was 31 (celcius) and sunny, then we had lots of thunderstorms. This weekend was mostly sunny on Sunday and Monday but ranged 20-24. It can also get SUPER windy. Transitioning work can be so difficult and time-consuming. It was a massive endeavour when I left my company in July to move to the Netherlands. Good luck with the contractors! 

@Allycat11, glad you are feeling better, even if better still sucks. 

@aecm, good luck on the glucose test! Hope you pass. Also, yay for getting baby things done! 

@peachy0709, sorry about failing your GD test. Hopefully, you can control it with diet alterations. Did you need insulin last time? 

Also a FTM but we are hoping for more. Though, I have been thinking about contraceptives in the meantime until we are ready for a #2 (if we decide to have one). I don't want to go back on birth control since they do not have the same brands here and I don't want to trial anything. I'm also very hesitant for an IUD. SOOO. I don't know where that leaves us. When it is time to be done, my H will be getting a vasectomy. 

@chillycanadian, so glad the bleeding has stopped! I'm still thinking positively that it was a fluke and everything is ok. When do you go to the doctor to find out more? 

@mrosek91, that is so great, haha. How are your babymoon and the Jewish holiday? 

Thank you to all for answering about maternity leave! I am counting down the days as it is getting more and more of an effort to trek into the office. I told my boss that I will start WFH the week of June 24, a few days a week. The chair at work is so uncomfortable. It is mandatory here to begin maternity leave at minimum 4 weeks before your due date so July 26 is my last day. I am hoping I can finish early and start 6 weeks before (you can choose 4-6 weeks before). 

• @AKuzReve - No insulin, but I did take medication - glyburide.  To be honest, I probably struggled to keep down my numbers because I didn't exercise at all.  I'm normally a fairly fit person, but after 20 weeks of HG and then the diabetes, I just was not in the mood to then go for evening walks.  I'm hoping to be a better sport about it this time (no pun intended!) 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @peachy0709, I feel like that is so understandable. Staying active is hard! I hope it helps this time. 

• @AKuzReve thanks for checking in! They were really lovely. I love my boys but this is the first time in a while that a "vacation" felt restful, and it wasn't even a vacation. And the holiday was nice, my parents stayed for it, and it was nice to catch up with them.
  • @AKuzReve before TTC recently, I went on the neuvaring. I was on the pill for...8 years starting at 15, due to debilitating periods. But the low dose eventually was not enough and I broke through. At the same time, I found out I would "never be able to get pregnant". So I stopped. *TW * after  my first unplanned pregnancy and loss, end TW* I went back on the pill. Tried 3 or 4 different brands and had horrible side effects (gained 50 lbs in 4 months, was bat shit crazy And couldn't control it) to the point my husband demanded I stop taking them, as he was so concerned about me.

So anyway, they kept pushing for an IUD, but I have no interest in that. Plus we were planning on TTC in less than a year. So I demanded the ring. It was great. Basically no side effects. It felt weird for the first week, and I kept worrying it would fall out. But it was great!

As for your other question, I have a follow up tomorrow with the OB. Still waiting to hear when my fetal assessment is going to be scheduled for though. I'm eager to have that and find out what's going on in there.
  • @chillycanadian, that’s good to know! I loved the birth control I was on in Canada but I came off it specifically when moving here because I didn’t want to trial and error again. It was horrible the 1st time. I had been on that one for like 5 years. I’ll have to see if they offer the ring here - I’m going to look into it. If not, I am in Canada in December so I’ll try to get my family doctor to do that then. 

Ill be thinking of you tmr and I hope they schedule the fetal assessment soon! 

@mrosek91, that sounds so nice and relaxing. I’m glad you had a good time! Well deserved. 

Another question for all: if you’re planning too, have you gotten the whopping cough vaccine as yet? 

• aecmaecm member
    @AKuzReve - I just got my TDaP last week. I think it’s standard procedure to get it at the 28-week appointment here. 

@peachy0709 - Minus the genetic concerns, I have very similar feelings. DH and I are both only children, any for my side in particular, having 3 kids is considered a HUGE family size. So DH and I both settled on the idea of 2 kids, for a lot of practical reasons. We even built our house with 2 kids in mind! And then we had DD and she was so stinking easy and amazing...I knew a few weeks in that I wanted 3 kids. DH wasn’t completely on board with that idea when we found out this pregnancy was a 2-for-1 deal. Then he said if they were both girls he might want to try for a boy...and I was thrown for a loop, but it got me thinking about the possibility of 4...and then he got his boys so I don’t think he’s on board with 4 anymore, but I’m just not sure! SO much to think about. But yeah - I’m not rushing into any permanent decisions, and I honestly haven’t even thought about family planning methods in the meantime. 😬
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @AKuzReve - what @aecm said - I've had it at 28 weeks for all 3 pregnancies. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• @peachy0709 I'm a FTM, so all of this with a grain of salt, but our ideal family size is two kids. We would be super blessed and appreciative to have even one after going through such difficulties to make it to this point. After this LO is born I will want to go on some kind of contraceptive quickly. I had an IUD prior to us TTC and it was ok - the Mirena. I definitely felt better on Mirena than on OCP, but both tend to make me gain weight. When we are ready to try for a second we will go back to the RE to work out a plan to transfer another embryo -- we have four remaining PGS normal, I do not want to conceive spontaneously due to my history and the fact that a lot of effort went into making those embryos. Should we be lucky enough to have a second DH will get a vasectomy (his idea). I'm already 37, so realistically I'll be pushing 40/over 40 if we have a second which is why I don't see us having a bigger family than what we had previously planned (barring unexpected twins - we would only ever transfer 1 embryo at a time but IVF embryos do have a higher chance of splitting). 
  • Good to know! They do 28-32 weeks here. I tried to call the doctor last week but it was too hectic so I finally got an appointment for Friday. I have to go pick up the vaccine tomorrow to take to the doctor.