December 2019 Moms
Options

NIPT results discussion and questions

Re: NIPT results discussion and questions

• Options
    @rjgmcmanus  sending you all the good vibes girl!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ktmaesim Thank you!!! My nerves are high right now, I'll take all the good vibes I can get.
  • Options
    @rjgmcmanus oh no that stinks!  Waiting is the worst. Hope you hear back soon with great news!
  • Options
    Why did my doctor just write back and say he’s never heard of “NIPT”....I really hope he is referring me to the correct genetic testing?! How has he never heard of it. Maybe he calls it something else??? 
  • Options
    I think NIPT is a blanket term to refer to all non-invasive prenatal testing; I don't think it refers to a specific test.  Maybe that's what he means.  The blood test that many people reference is the cell-free DNA test.
  • Options
    I agree with @blueskychicago12, it is like there are different “brands” of the testing.

i had my blood draw yesterday, but I haven’t decided if I will have them test, I should know tomorrow if it is covered or not.
  • Options
    I had the panorama test done. Blood drawn last Thursday and was notified Tuesday I needed to get my blood redrawn. They needed 16ml of plasma and I only had 9ml in the first draw. The tech told me today she’s never had that happen before, but I realized later she may not have heard me say plasma? Just curious how many tubes y’all had drawn? She took 2 and I’m concerned now that it wasn’t enough again. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Krizzista I had 2 vials of blood taken....I haven't gotten my results back yet. 
  • Options
    Ok thanks! I figured she had it right but then second guessed on the way home. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 right?! My husband changed jobs at the beginning of this year and I about jumped for joy when I saw our new benefits.  :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married to DH for 6 years (together for 16)
    DS born 12.13.14
    DD born 10.15.16
    BFP 1.24.18, MC 3.13.18
    <3 BFP 4.25.19, EDD 12.31.19  <3

• Options
    I'm still waiting for results,  it's been a week :(.  We did not get the baby's sex on the report.  I just want to know if it's healthy. 
  • Options
    @bookworm492 sorry for the agonizing wait!  Keep us posted when you find out!❤️
  • Options
    cassamumba314cassamumba314 member
    edited June 2019
    Just did our Myriad nipt test Friday and they started testing it today. We orginally didn't want to find out the sex but now that we did this, we can't hardly wait!! 
  • Options
    @rainbowmama24 have you gotten your nipt back?
  • Options
    Had the Maternit21 bloodwork done today, and now we wait.
  • Options
    Had NT scan today and our nuchal fold is elevated s/b 3 mm and we are 3.6, and 3.8 were the numbers i saw. This means baby MIGHT have a genetic disorder. So i got my bloodwork taken to check the 5 major chromosomes and then we go from there. Might have to have an amniocentesis later if we choose to. I’m just emotionally spent. 
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Options
    @mecoats I'll be hoping you receive good news from the bloodwork.  I've heard that the NT has a fairly high rate of false positives.  Thinking of you.
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 not yet sigh.. i’m having dreams about it every night :( trying to keep myself busy so that i dont think too much about it
  • Options
    @mecoats I know it’s scary, we had friends go through this. NIPT all came back low risk, baby born 7 weeks ago and all well. There is a pretty decent false positive on NT. 

@rainbowmama24 keep us posted, thinking of you.
  • Options
    @rainbowmama24 FABULOUS news! Yay
  • Options
    Waiting for results from the Natera Panorama test and super anxious. Did anyone use this brand and if so, how long did it take? I had the blood drawn Thursday and saw online that the sample was received Saturday. Wondering if there is any chance, i will know before the weekend! 
  • Options
    Spartanrd4Spartanrd4 member
    edited June 2019
    @brttny7979 I did Panorama and had blood drawn last Monday morning- got an email from them that they received my sample on Friday morning and got a call today with the results. 
  • Options
    @rainbowmama24 so relieved for you!!! And I can’t believe you had to wait ON HOLD for that info...So happy for that false positive!!!
  • Options
    So my partner just had a full carrier screen done because I’m a cystic fibrosis carrier (lucky me!).

He’s negative for CF but *is* a carrier for a very rare (but very dangerous) mutation (Peroxisome Biogenesis Disorder Type 4 if you’re interested)...so now i need to go in and get full carrier screening too. Feels like this process never ends!!!
  • Options
    @midgeroseftm Wow, I’m sorry you’re in continuous test mode...  Keep us posted on the results!  Good thoughts to you!!
  • Options
    Hi @Spartanrd4 !! The SMA screening was part of my initial round of bloodwork at my 1st prenatal appointment. I was happy to hear it was just included. I know of two families who lost their child to SMA :(

Got my NIPT results yesterday! All is well 💖
    It’s crazy how all I need to do is click on the link in my email and, bam, I’ll know the sex of the baby!!!! But being Team Green a second time around, that’s a no no for me!!!! 😂
  • Options
    Question- if we had negative test results on the NIPTs testing and everything looks good, do we have to (or sometimes have to) take an amniocentesis also?  I just wonder, because I’m an older mom (38).  I’d really rather not if I don’t have to, but do the two tests check anything different?
  • Options
    @cpk3535 I wouldn’t bother with an amnio unless your OB gives you a very good reason to do so. Usually they won’t order one unless there’s a cause for concern. There’s a risk involved and they test for essentially the same things. 
  • Options
    @mecoats My perfectly healthy 2.5 yo DS had an NT measurement of 3.8.  Our NIPT came back low risk for him, so we chose not to do an amnio.  We did have a meeting with a genetic counsellor and a fetal echocardiogram, which also came back with no issues.  I hope you get answers soon and that everything is ok.  As other ladies have said, the NT measurement in pretty inexact.
  • Options
    @bakerstreetboys thank you for that! I am pretty certain we will be doing a fetal echo anyway because of my history with GD so that will put all my worries at ease. I’m pretty sure my blood work will come back low risk so I’m worked up for nothing, but it’s still scary. 
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19